PDA

View Full Version : Honolulu International Center Arena

Armel
11-01-08, 04:34 PM
Does somebody know if this show is available? and where? I read at dime it was available only in lossy....?

alino
11-02-08, 06:53 AM
http://www.jimi-hendrix.com/radio/digital,concerts.html

Armel
11-02-08, 07:36 AM
Thanks a lot Jualino. I am currently working at how to convert a streaming Real player file to flac. A friend of mine could export a streaming file from audacity but only to mp3. If you don't mind, do you know how to convert to flac?
There was recently a 3 weeks broadcast about Jimi at french radio France Culture..and I wanted to post it here when I know how to get these f..g flac files :)

Armel
11-02-08, 07:52 AM
Well..I think it should be ok (I just discovered mini-stream ripper :))..can it be so considered as real lossless? (I assume probably not..it would be here if yes, isn't it?)

heyyo
11-02-08, 08:12 AM
Not really Real media is worse than MP3 :) and the files that EH have are usually just 92 kb/s.... which is pretty poor...

Armel
11-02-08, 08:21 AM
OK..thanks for the info heyyo..so it seems this honolulu show is not easy to find in real lossless..but we already knew that :)

johanincr
11-03-08, 11:44 AM
this tape is impossible to find lossless in a digital format!
i think every version of this originated from 128 Kb/s .WMA files, including the .RAM files on the EH site.

ap0llo
12-26-08, 03:27 PM
Does anyone here at least have that? Or know where to find it?

Maybe someone can get in contact with the taper(s) somehow for a proper lossless transfer, hopefully.

"Although this recording is incomplete, tapers Jim and Bill Worthley managed to preserve "Straight Ahead," "Ezy Ryder," "Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)," "Spanish Castle Magic," and the majority of "Red House" before the tape runs out."

(from jimihendrix.com)