PDA

View Full Version : Jeanette Jacobs

Herman Cherusken
11-03-08, 08:28 AM
Anyone having any info concerning the circumstances surrounding Jeanette Jacob's death (1950-1980), if it was drug related? She married Chris Wood in 1969, the founder of the UK band Traffic with Winwood etc, who himself died in 1983 at the age of 39 from pneumonia (or liver disease), possibly a side thing from drug and alcohol usage...

Dont find much on her over the net...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Wood_(rock_musician)

dino77
11-03-08, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately not, but alcohol/drugs would be a good guess...
Beautiful woman.
I've noticed that she's credited with background vocals on Electric Ladyland on some internet sites. That hardly means it's accurate, but does anyone know where the info stems from or what track she is supposed to be on?

Steev
11-03-08, 01:04 PM
Not much available, but here's a vid from a Wiki link. There's more once you get to You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEv1CJWJyg

God was she hot. Lotsa comments on how she just stood there [and looked fantastic]
Mebbe they had a spat off air & that's how she fulfilled her 'obligation'?
Fucking gorgeous . . . R.I.P.

Herman Cherusken
11-03-08, 01:24 PM
I wish she could smile, to see if it corresponds with the photo's taken with Jimi at the Toronto acquittal. The facial difference between a person putting up a big grin and having a calm facial expression can be profound at times...

MourningStar
11-03-08, 03:13 PM
I wish she could smile, ...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/PHOTO/TheCake.jpg
... to see if it corresponds with the photo's taken with Jimi at the Toronto acquittal.Definitely different persons.

pukaha
11-04-08, 02:38 PM
Hi heard she died of epilepsy. Presumably a fit. I'm pretty sure that's accurate.

Milan
11-06-08, 12:29 PM
Another small info bit, this time 1982 is supposed to be the year of death:

"On January 1,1982, his ex-wife Jeanette died of a fit at the age of 31. Apparently they were still friends and he took this quite badly."

http://www.winwoodfans.com/chrisbio.htm

Herman Cherusken
02-06-11, 05:33 AM
Wasn't she stabbed to death or some horrendous death?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEv1CJWJyg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEv1CJWJyg) This tune is still so catchy, Duffy could make a hit with it in a duett/triplett...

Herman Cherusken
02-06-11, 05:37 AM
I mistook her death for the one of Angie Burdon, I think it was...

stplsd
02-10-11, 02:16 AM
I mistook her death for the one of Angie Burdon, I think it was...
Yes, it was Angie that was stabbed to death by her man - according to her 'best mate' Kathy in a heroin induced knife fight which she lost. Jeanette died from epilepsy, and Chris (apparently) drank himself to death as did (apparently, but slower) Noel, Chas and Mitch - if not directly, alcohol (not to mention tobacco and (after Jimi's death) huge disappointment;-) was obviously a hugely contributing factor in their early deaths. Noel 57, Chas 57, Mitch 61. It's got to be hard once the revolution seems lost - "the dream is over" John Lennon (it's on again full scale in North Africa (home of the hugely underestimated and fantastic Rai (not by the "religious" fuckwits though, they have murdered many of the musicians) right now though vive la revolution!:-)

No doubt many North Africans were inspired by 'underground' visits by Brian Jones and Jimi which also encouraged many 'European' 'seekers' to re-visit The North (I was one, aged 17) as several famous 'Beats' had before and rediscover why . Interestingly there was a quite large Jewish population (Collette Mimram and Stella Benabou appear to both have had relatives there, as others in the music biz;-), many of whom were descendants of those who had fled there for sanctuary (pre-"Israel") following their Christian oppression in Spain - and elsewhere)

THAT'S WHERE THE GUITAR CAME FROM

They also ruled the sea (North, Mediterranean and most of Africa) for a considerable amount of history they were essentially undefeated and were only, eventually, bought off by "protection" money. Some were 'white' slavers capturing many at sea and sometimes even raiding mainland Britain for victims, British seamen, including captains, sometimes 'jumped ship' for the preferable "Moorish" lifestyle at the time.

There is strong evidence that the Moroccan mint tea (British 'gunpowder') tradition - they originally introduced coffee to Europa - was a result of their, later, close British contact and politics.

Unfortunately politics has prevented the legal trade of cannabis, but in so doing has promoted heroin - its in your face.

Hang your heads in shame US led (alcoholic) morons

Ezy Rider
02-10-11, 05:46 AM
Well, I just knew there was a great benefit to have all the Moroccans in Holland! I am going to tell Wilders!

MourningStar
02-10-11, 02:14 PM
... Hang your heads in shame US led (alcoholic) moronsuh, yeah, these ('US led (alcoholic) morons') would of course refer to morons of the Euro-centric persuasion.

stplsd
02-10-11, 05:22 PM
uh, yeah, these ('US led (alcoholic) morons') would of course refer to morons of the Euro-centric persuasion.

Yes, I am obviously including most of Europe, but equally obviously the other lackey states involved;-)
Vive Nederlands! (the only people with guts on this front ;-)

stplsd
02-10-11, 05:42 PM
Well, I just knew there was a great benefit to have all the Moroccans in Holland! I am going to tell Wilders!

What are you on about "all the Moroccans in Holland"? at 2.1% about the same level of the population claiming to be German or Suriname etc. Anyway, this is hardly the place to get into a discussion about Dutch demographics;-)

Fenders Fingers
02-11-11, 01:07 AM
Anyway, this is hardly the place to get into a discussion about Dutch demographics;-)

Why not? One of the things we do best here at CTT is go off topic :-)
That's just one of the best things lol

stplsd
02-11-11, 02:37 AM
That's just one of the best things lol

True, but Dutch demographics? it's a stretch:-)

Anyone have an idea who the woman in the photos with Jimi in Toronto is (if not Jeanette)? An interview with Mike's ex (if indeed that is her in the photos?) would be an eye-opener no doubt.

Ezy Rider
02-11-11, 05:47 AM
To digress again . . .

The last research done in 2005 on the number of people in Holland smoking cannabis in the last month showed it was 3.3% of the population between 16 and 64 or 363,000 people.

Another report showed that in January 2005, there were 313,000 Moroccans in Holland.

Look! It is all in the numbers!
There is a direct correlation between demography and smoking cannabis!!!

Vibratory
02-12-11, 01:04 PM
974.000 people in public sector in holland.

MourningStar
02-12-11, 01:35 PM
That's just one of the best things lolAmen to that!

from Holland's official website : Holland is quite small, the surface area is 41,528 square kilometres. The greatest distance from north to south is 300 kilometres, and from west to east 200 kilometres. Holland is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. It has a population of sixteen and a half million and an average of 488 inhabitants per square kilometer.

Damn, I guess one can't even fart without being heard/smelled by another!

peace1

rocknroll
02-12-11, 03:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/PHOTO/jeannette_Jacobs-1.jpg

dino77
02-12-11, 09:36 PM
Amen to that!

from Holland's official website : Holland is quite small, the surface area is 41,528 square kilometres. The greatest distance from north to south is 300 kilometres, and from west to east 200 kilometres. Holland is one of the most densely populated countries in the world. It has a population of sixteen and a half million and an average of 488 inhabitants per square kilometer.

Damn, I guess one can't even fart without being heard/smelled by another!

peace1

Holland is a bit of a conundrum. Lot's of coffee shops, lots of whorehouses, yet none of the Dutch go to either place. Must be the tourists, then.

MourningStar
02-13-11, 12:07 AM
Holland is a bit of a conundrum. Lot's of coffee shops, lots of whorehouses, yet none of the Dutch go to either place.Don't they have to go there to 'run' the place?

Must be the tourists, then.OOPS!!! Forgot about the tourists. That's gotta make some kind of dent on the 'people per square kilometer' factor.