PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Miles 31497

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 04:03 PM
This is my first attempt to upload a torrent. Hope you enjoy it.

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 04:09 PM
artist: Buddy Miles

place: Cains Ballroom Tulsa, Oklahoma

date: March 14, 1997

lineage SBD MASTER > CDR > EAC > WAV > FLAC

quality: Excellent

notes:

This is from the master analog cassette pluged directly into the SBD. I plugged in and let my friend handle the rest. There is an
occasional crackle due to him adjusting the levels and there being a short in the level adjuster. So everytime he messed with it (about 3 or 4 times) there
is a moment of static. Otherwise this is a super recording.

The show was much longer than what is here although I believe this is the only recording as I did not see any other tapers.
Voodoo Child is almost completely missing as for some reason the soundman stopped the recording during that song. About Purple Haze my
friend asked the soundman if he could flip the second cassette tape and he said no there is only an encore to go. Basically he was cutting
us off and my friend didn't think just to record the rest as an aud. Anyway Buddy proceeded to play until about 2 AM in a place where bands
almost always end by 11 PM. The soundman was pissed because he had to drive to Joplin, MO that night after the show (about an hour and
a half away). The show ended when the soundman finally got so mad he walked on stage and started unplugging instruments and Buddy said
"I guess that means we're done." What is on this recording is a treat but there was a ton more really great stuff (probably another 90 minuets worth) that came after which unfornately is lost to
the sands of time. Kudos to Buddy for really adhering to the true rock spirit on this night by just flat jamming all night until he was forced to quit.

Disk 1:

1. Gypsy Jam
2. Who Knows>Voodoo Child/
3. Hey Joe
4. Little Wing
5. Dreams/
6. All Along The Watchtower

Disk 2:

1. Be Thankful
2. Foxey Lady
3. Star Spangled Banner
4. Purple Haze
(http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=1076)
14888837 (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=1076)

Steev
11-23-08, 04:22 PM
DL the torrent from this page. Drag it to where your original is and REPLACE IT with the one U downloaded from here. Yes, reply to "replace" the original. It is USELESS once this page is created. Then dubble click on the newly DL'd torrent and point your client to where the folder you have to seed is. Make sure you have NOT altered that folder in any way since creating the torrent.
Best of luck. Ask questions if this doesn't work and
WELCOME ! ! ! !
Peace :)

Steev
11-23-08, 04:26 PM
Forget that. I see you have not attached the original torrent you made to this post anyway.
Tech meaning: You are seeding nothing.
Hit the "Edit" button on this page and "ATTACH" your original torrent to the post. Hit Submit and when the new page comes up "WITH YOUR TORRENT" showing at the bottom of the page,
FOLLOW MY STEPS IN THE PREVIOUS POST . . . .
Peace

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 04:28 PM
I think it is working now. Let me know if you can DL. Anyone?

Steev
11-23-08, 04:28 PM
GOOD LUCK ! ! ! Gotta roll . . .

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 04:38 PM
When you say attach the torrent. Does this mean from Bit Torrent or from the actual files on my computer that I have created the torrent with?

Steev
11-23-08, 04:53 PM
At the top of your now "Edit"ed page along the top, there is a paper clip "thingy". Click on it and an "attachment" page will come up. Click the Torrent one and point thru the open search window where your torrent "lies" . . . Then Submit & give the new page a second to load. Follow the above directions :) One thing. Don't worry so much. It'll come. You never forget your 1st one :D

Steev
11-23-08, 05:02 PM
Let's start over. On your FIRST page. You should list songs, the band, lineage, ANYTHING that explains why you posted.
I see nothing there . . . . Except "This is my first attempt to upload a torrent."
You will need to fill in the info I mentioned or the Mods will be forced to pull the post.
At this point, hit the Edit button, and fill in that info. Then at the top is the "Paperclip" icon. Hit it and when the new window opens, it will let you attach ONE torrent. Hit that and point the search dialog to where your torrent is on your hard drive. Then hit Upload and don't touch anything until it says "Close this page". Then remember to hit submit at the bottom of the edited page.
Now, when your new "edited" page is shown, The torrent will be showing. See ANY torrented post on CTT and you'll know what you're looking for.
If you get this far, follow instructions on my ist reply.
Relax & just get used to it. It's easy, though many "lesser" dudes freak and choose to let it go.
Don't be one of those. It's REEL easy once you get it down. Takes all of 10 mins.
Peace - Steev

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 05:05 PM
Too complicated. Now it is telling me I am not authorized. I will try again in a couple of hours as I have others things to do now. Please do not pull the post yet.

Steev
11-23-08, 05:21 PM
In that case, Pat [Hawkfan369] will be able to help you later. If he's not online when u get back, PM him & pose your problem, [Not authorized], if the problem still exists when u get back.
He may even see this B4 you get back & repair the situation 4 U by then.
In any case, u can put info up anytime.
Good luck.
Peace :)

MourningStar
11-23-08, 06:44 PM
At the top of this forum is a link. If you don't use it, you're in big trouble ;) . Here - I'll post it here for you (clik on the following text :

How to upload. (http://crosstowntorrents.org/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_uploading)

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 07:19 PM
Okay it says the torrent is working but DHT, Local Peer discovery and Peer exchange all say not allowed. What does this mean?

MourningStar
11-23-08, 07:23 PM
^
It could mean that you have DHT disabled in your client. This is a good thing because it means all your seeding will increase your share ratio.

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 07:26 PM
Thanks could you dl this one so I can see if it is working?

MourningStar
11-23-08, 07:34 PM
Can you provide a list of the musicians?

thnx,

MourningStar
11-23-08, 07:36 PM
Downloading works!

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 07:46 PM
Buddy Miles, Ricky Hendrix (no relation) and I want to say Bob Brown on bass? But not sure of the last one. Although rumour was the bass player was some kind of relation to Jimi.

abbeydabbey
11-23-08, 07:59 PM
Thank you for trying so hard to get this up for everyone. May I ask who is playing with Buddy on this show? Does anyone have a complete show from this tour?

MourningStar
11-23-08, 08:02 PM
May I ask who is playing with Buddy on this show?See post just before yours.

hawkfan369
11-23-08, 08:19 PM
all looks good here...thanks for the show and welcome.

:000-thanx:

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 08:20 PM
After seeing the Experience Hendrix show Portland and Mitch passing a few days later I felt compelled to get this out there and share it. Mitch only played on the second half of Angel in Portland. I saw one report where someone said he didn't play at all. Not true there was no announcement he just sat in for the 2nd half of the song and then left. Allthough he limped off the stage generally not looking well after the song and didn't come out for the final bows with the rest of the other musicians. Again I think he gave it his all to the last as well. Does anyone have the Portland Experience Hendrix show?

mike1061
11-23-08, 08:44 PM
Thanks
Mike

Steev
11-23-08, 09:09 PM
Glad 2 C you're up n' running ! !
Would love to hear this. Think I'll grab it now.
:000-thanx: for sharing. And again - WELCOME ! ! ! :)

PS: My recording of the Philly show is here somewhere, 10/23/08 with a crazy guy sitting next to me, who all but ruined the recording.
Mitch did 6 toonz & came out at the end & said a few words, taking a bow with the band, but did not look well at all.
RIP my Mentor . . . .

Experiencereunited
11-23-08, 10:49 PM
There was also a keyboardist. No idea of his name.

Experiencereunited
11-24-08, 12:09 AM
The Bass player's name was Henry Brown not Bob Brown. He also sings on Watchtower. Re-listening to it tonight. Still no idea who the keyboardist was. He looked pretty 80's esque.

Experiencereunited
11-24-08, 12:18 AM
Mark on the organ. Mark who? Not sure. Buddy also plays the organ on Be Thankful all by his lonesome. Later he played guitar on many songs too.

MourningStar
11-24-08, 12:56 AM
^ - Mark Stein?

f.y.i : Buddy Miles was quite competent with just about every instrument out there.

Armel
11-24-08, 01:26 AM
Welcome Exp..and thanks for this!
PS: Exp Hendrix Tour: I found Chicago, Detroit, SF too..Detroit sounds very good

Experiencereunited
11-24-08, 01:30 AM
Let me know what you think of this one.

Experiencereunited
11-24-08, 01:42 AM
The soundman was definately not Buddy's just someone I think Cain's hired to make it sound good. To tell you the truth I don't think he knew whether he should or shouldn't let us plug in which would explain his erratic behavior. All I really think he cared about was getting home at a decent time and Buddy certainly had other ideas about that!

Experiencereunited
11-27-08, 02:11 AM
Does anyone else think Buddy Miles was underated and under appreciated? I for one am sick of seeing John McDermott's negative notes on the official Experience Hendrix website about Buddy's distracting interludes. Buddy was an improvisor as was Jimi and I didn't see him in 97 nor the Experience Hendrix Hendrix Tribute this year to see anyone play Jimi note for note. I went to see the music celebrated and be alive with the current artists energy, their arrangements and just the general jams they could give. In other words the music is still alive and growing even if the originators are now all dead.1488914889

doctinker
11-27-08, 09:39 AM
Many Thx
for this unexpected Juwel
& reminding us not to forget Buddy & Mitch......
D.

MourningStar
11-27-08, 12:36 PM
Does anyone else think Buddy Miles was underated and under appreciated?I'm sure there are some. Here are a couple of positive recollections from some drummer forums :

Buddy was a joy to watch and always rock solid..in fact I think he invented it. I watched this man side stage many times while in Boston. During one show he led an entire stadium out onto Commonwealth Ave. and on down the middle of the street until we got to the garden. The drivers were not happy but we all were. Those were the days! Thanx Buddy for showing me what attitude meant behind the kit.

I saw him at the Fillmore, during his set, when they got to "We got to live together". He started out on the drums,then took over another instrument and that player would walk off the stage.He repeated that until he was back on the drums all by himself on stage and did a ass kickin solo then the whole
band came back out and kept on playing. That is about 5 different horns,organ,bass, guitar you name it,he played it/soloed That was the koolest thing we had ever seen.