PDA

View Full Version : ELL 40th Anniversary Edition CD+DVD.

Lord Summerisle
12-13-08, 02:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone has gotten this yet?

Regarding the bonus footage, is it left over footage they originally shot or newly shot footage?

Odd thing, I was going through the FAQ on the EH site the other day and came across this question.

QUESTION:

Does The Rhino DVD edition of The Making Of Electric Ladyland feature extra material not seen in the television or VHS versions?

ANSWER:

No. Despite Rhino's incorrect claims to the contrary in various trade advertisements, there is no extra material in this program

Is this the same show or something different that I've totally missed?

BluesFan
12-18-08, 10:45 PM
First of all, I do not have the recently released 40th Anniversary edition of ELL, so my post is slightly off-topic.

For those of you how are interested in instructional DVDs, Guitar World has just released a DVD "How to Play the Best of the Jimi Hendrix Experience's Electric Ladyland". Andy Aledort provides instruction on how to play six of the tunes on ELL: Have You Ever Been to (Electric Ladyland); Crosstown Traffic; Come On; Gypsy Eyes; All Along the Watchtower; and Voodoo Child (Slight Return).

I found it at the newstand this week - a really pleasant surprise. The format is similar to the Guitar World DVD that Andy Aledort put together for Axis Bold as Love about a year ago.