PDA

View Full Version : TTG Studios 1968, (jam w/Robert Wyatt)

voodoo_child58
12-24-08, 10:30 AM
OCTOBER 1968
TTG Studios Hollywood, CA

Jimi Hendrix (guitar)
Andy Summers (bass)
Robert Wyatt (drums)
Zoot Money (piano)

The Soft Machine finished their American tour on Sept. 14, 1968.
Robert then spent the next 7 weeks in California.
In October he was invited to TTG Studios in Hollywood where Jimi Hendrix was recording.

Robert Wyatt does not sing here.

Track List:

1. Jam #1
2. Jam #2
3. Jam #3
4. Everything's Gonna Be Alright

Robert and Jimi also recorded a remake of the "Wilde Flowers song Slow Walkin' Talk".
That has been officially released on the Wyatt disc "Flotsam and Jetsam" so is not here included.
Robert also appeared, uncredited, as a back up singer on the Eire Apparent song "The Clown" which, being officially released is also not included.

This originally came from a Pink Robert torrent of the complete TTG session (1.6 gigs - 4 CDs).

ARTWORK and MD5 included.

I hope this was not already uploaded here with a different title.

Enjoy it
and
I wish to all you
a
MERRY CHRISTMAS
:wave:

hallucalation
07-19-09, 04:32 AM
Seeding, Please!

Pigasus
08-14-09, 11:30 PM
Thank you Voodoo Child58

Pigasus
08-16-09, 08:29 AM
Thanks again, what a Jam :)

Ezy Rider
05-01-10, 05:21 AM
I don't think I have this one. BTW is the Andy Summers playing bass here the Andy Summers of the Police? I remember reading somewhere (Electric Gypsy?) that Andy Summers lived in the basement of the first appartment Jimi lived in when he arrived in London or something like that.

scouse303
05-02-10, 02:11 PM
I don't think I have this one. BTW is the Andy Summers playing bass here the Andy Summers of the Police? I remember reading somewhere (Electric Gypsy?) that Andy Summers lived in the basement of the first appartment Jimi lived in when he arrived in London or something like that.

It is the same Andy S of the Police- he was in Zoot Money's Big Roll Band - later Dandalion's Chariot- and I think it was at Zoot's flat that Hendrix met Kathy early on during his time in England. Did she live upstairs of Zoot ??? Her books in the loft so my memory is all I have at hand - and that's not reliable ;¬)

Ezy Rider
05-03-10, 12:25 AM
^
Many thanks Scouse! Great to know, and what a small world. It seems that Jimi was behind or somehow related to everybody and everything.

sunrise
05-03-10, 05:10 AM
Is this line-up really confirmed?

MourningStar
05-03-10, 11:19 AM
Is this line-up really confirmed?how would you like your confirmation?

sunrise
05-03-10, 12:55 PM
how would you like your confirmation?

Well, preferably by someone who was present at the session!:)

There is no mention at all of this session in McDermott´s Ultimate Experience /2009/ (that I can find, anyway),
and Geldeart/Rodham in The Studio Log /2008/ have the line-up as EXP with an unknown pianist.

Is there anywhere else to read about this session?
Maybe in Andy Summers self-biography?

stplsd
05-12-10, 05:50 PM
Well, preferably by someone who was present at the session!:)

There is no mention at all of this session in McDermott´s Ultimate Experience /2009/ (that I can find, anyway),
and Geldeart/Rodham in The Studio Log /2008/ have the line-up as EXP with an unknown pianist.

Is there anywhere else to read about this session?
Maybe in Andy Summers self-biography?

I believe it's known in English as an 'autobiography', you can buy a brand-new hard-back copy on Amazon for less than Ł5 (including postage) a great read about those times, a must.

October 1968, TTG? Los Angeles. Jimi – guitar (& possibly): Zoot Money – piano, Andy Summers – bass & Robert Wyatt - drums (FTBFS: “JHE & [unknown]-piano”)
Zoot & Summers were Living in L.A. and were both members of Eric Burdon & the Animals at this point, and were managed by Jeffery & Chandler Inc. as were Robert Wyatt of Soft Machine & Jimi
JMcDs ‘Ultimate’ has no entry for this session
Producer: Jimi Hendrix
Engineer: Angel Balestier?
JS28
JS29
JS30
Everything’s Gonna Be All Right (1)

Andy Summers: A few weeks after I take up residence in Laurel Canyon, the Soft Machine turn up at the stub end of the Hendrix tour. There is a concert with the two groups at the Hollywood Bowl. I go see them and am enthralled by Jimi but have mixed feelings about the Softs.
We get the word that Jimi will be recording in Hollywood at a studio called TTG, and we are invited to drop in. After eating at Ah Fong’s at the bottom of Laurel Canyon and pondering the significance of a fortune cookie, I drive with Zoot over to the studio on Highland. Jimi is recording in studio A, the big room. We walk into the control room and are greeted by the amazing sight of Hendrix leaning sideways into the glass dividing win­dow with a cigarette dangling from his lips, the hat with the Indian feather on his head, and the white Stratocaster in his arms roaring and snarling out of the speakers overhead. The impression of Jimi in this moment is one of shamanic power, a force of nature that is both sexual and spiritual. Hearing him is like having your guts turned inside out.
Jimi turns and sees us in the control room, and we wave shyly. He smiles, puts his guitar down, and comes into the control room to greet us in his soft-spoken manner. We talk for a few minutes and then I wander out into the studio, where Mitch is jamming with himself. I pick up a guitar that's lying there and start jamming along with Mitch. A few minutes later Jimi comes back out into the studio and picks up a bass and starts jamming along with us. Christ I think, in a hallucinatory flash, Jimi Hendrix is playing bass with me. But I don't freak out or stop but just carry on playing. This might be (a) the greatest act of self-confidence of all time, (b) incredible arrogance, (c) my being medicated to the eyeballs, or (d) deafness, but we continue for about ten minutes and then Jimi says, "Hey, man, do you mind if I play gui­tar for a while?" "Sure," I say, trying to be cool as if this is an everyday occurrence—all musicians are in total awe of Hendrix at this point and I fight against breaking down into a sobbing heap.
We swap instruments and carry on jamming, with me now holding down the low-end chords and choking on the inside. After a number of variations and different directions, the jam turns to a warm glow, cools, and finally turns to ash, at which point we all nod and agree that it was cool, croak outa few "see you later, man" style good-byes, and look for the exit. Zoot and I wander back out onto Highland, shaking our heads in disbelief, while inside Jimi carries on wielding his axe through a new frontier.

sunrise
05-13-10, 01:35 AM
Thanks a lot, stplsd!!

manfree
05-13-10, 02:37 AM
Your attention to detail never fails to amaze me, Thanks

zombywoof57
05-24-10, 10:54 PM
Thnx STPLAS and v.child58 i, m new here, but hope to share soon...not necessarily stoned, but beautiful...

terrybarber
12-15-10, 08:39 AM
Thanks! Im hoping this is an upgrade of the tracks on "Ball and Chain"

crazy_cat
09-28-11, 03:58 PM
thanks

Igemo75
09-29-11, 04:43 AM
THX!

Fuzzlord
09-29-11, 12:09 PM
Thanks for this.