PDA

View Full Version : Jimi in Germany 1960/61?

Olvator
01-10-09, 03:58 PM
Hi all...

this is an excerpt of a transcript of Jimi´s appearance in court in Toronto in late 1969. I was quite surprised that Jimi says he had been to Germany for an exercise while serving in the army. This was absolutely new to me.

Q. Where were you born?
A. Seattle, Washington.
Q. Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense, Mr. Hendrix?
A. No.
Q. You have told the court that you were born in Seattle, Washington. Do you know how long you lived
there?
A. Approximately, about 10 years.
Q. Where did you move to then?
A. I was living in Vancouver, British Columbia and California - Northern California.
Q. Did you eventually go back to Seattle, Washington?
A. Yes.
Q. Did you then go into the American Army?
A. Yes.
Q. Do you recall what year that was?
A. No.
Q. How long were you there?
A. Approximately, about 18 months.
Q. You were discharged?
A. Yes.
Q. For what reason?
A. For medical reasons.
Q. Did you have any kind of injury?
A. Yes. I hurt my back.
Q. How did you hurt your back?
A. I was in the First Airborne Unit. I made a jump and I landed wrong.
Q. Were you outside the United States while you were a member of the United States Army?
A. We had a few exercises in the Philippines and in Germany.
Q. After your discharge from the Army… Would this be… what - about '62, in about then?
A. Yes. That's correct.
Q. What did you do then?
A. I started playing all over the States, traveling with different groups, playing guitar, different bands and
different names.

MourningStar
01-10-09, 04:36 PM
... This was absolutely new to me.Same here. I do not recall this in any other documents. What is the authenticity of this source? One obvious error in this 'transcript' is Jimi's statement as to serving in the 'First Airborne' unit when the fact is it was the 'One Hundred and First Airborne'.

(we won't even go into the details of the discharge, heh, heh!)

peace,

scoutship
01-11-09, 01:22 AM
http://www.hendrix-links.de/fan/JIMITESTIMONIALCOURTTORONTO.htm

Seen this same transcript in various places in print, including a law library collection.

stplsd
01-21-09, 07:21 PM
Jimi lied several times during this trial: have you ever been convicted? Jimi: no... etc.

(don't give your right name, heh-heh)