PDA

View Full Version : Your Children Shall Be Born Butt Naked - Flac+Art

Emilovious
02-01-08, 02:45 AM
This is one of the newest bootleg "re-masters".
I personally hate it but can understand that some people prefer it like that.
Highly compressed and EQ-d. However, music is there - some people might even say "better sounding... Very similar to Belzeebub Record's Newport "re-master". If you've heard it then you know well what I'm talking about.
If not, check this out an judge yourself!

Emilovious
02-01-08, 02:46 AM
The Jimi Hendrix Experience

"Your Children Shall Be Born Butt Naked"
(Beelzebub Records - Supreme Disc BSD 152-153)

- State Fair Music Hall
Dallas, Texas
February 16th, 1968

- Fillmore East
New York City, NY
May 10th, 1968

Both shows - audience recordings (generation unknown)

Artwork included.

Track list:
Disc 1 (Dallas, February '68):
01. Are You Experienced
02. Fire
03. The Wind Cries Mary
04. Tax Free
05. Foxy Lady
06. Hey Joe
07. Spanish Castle Magic
08. Red House
09. Purple Haze
10. Wild Thing

Disc 2 (Fillmore East, May '68):
01. Lover Man
02. Fire
03. Foxy Lady
04. Red House
05. Hey Joe
06. Sunshine Of Your Love
07. Hear My Train
08. Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window
09. Purple Haze
10. Wild Thing

January 2008.

Emilovious
02-02-08, 08:27 AM
20 people downloaded it, not one comment! Nice....

voodoo_child58
02-02-08, 01:17 PM
As first thank you for uploading. What else can I say? As you, I think that high-compression and EQ - d, rather than improve the music, it distorts.
About Disc 2 (Fillmore East, May '68), I've another version (THANK YOU, AND I JUST BLEW ANOTHER AMP) and to me, this, even being in some way compressed, seems better, I've no other way (no devices neither specific software) than my ears that sometimes are not very reliable, to compare. If somebody wants to try the difference I'll be happy to upload this torrent.

Thank you again I appreciated your upload

Emilovious
02-02-08, 10:50 PM
Thanks for your comment Voodoo_Child. I posted this version because I suspected some people might like it. You mentioned "Thank You And I Just Blew Another Amp" which is 1st generation but also digitally restored (and phase corrected). The trick is that this version (Your Children....) probably (99% sure) used "Thank You and I Just Blew Another Amp for their remaster. So version posted here has been in fact remastered TWICE. Are you gonna like it or not depends on your taste and condition of your ears (hearing).

hpjohnse
03-07-08, 07:49 AM
[quote=Polipus;605]You mentioned "Thank You And I Just Blew Another Amp" which is 1st generation but also digitally restored (and phase corrected). The trick is that this version (Your Children....) probably (99% sure) used "Thank You and I Just Blew Another Amp for their remaster. So version posted here has been in fact remastered TWICE. [quote]

Hi!

Just 2 comments to carify a couple of things in regard to this:

1) "Thank you ..." is the only "original" source for the long version of this recording, so I'd say it's 100% certain that was the source for this bootleg ;-)
2) "Thank you ..." has in fact not re-mastered as such; The CD is based on 2 different 1st gen transfers of the same tape. Unfortunately both of these transfers were incomplete. The 2nd (newest) transfer was used as the main source for the CD, and the 1st transfer (the older) was used for some minor patches + one whole track. The main source was a straight transfer, which only was phase corrected and speed adjusted, and the patch source was phase-corrected, speed adjusted and slightly EQ'd to match the main source. No filters and no noise-reduction was applied. Apart from the slight EQ on the patch source, I'd say "Thank you ..." is as close to a straight transfer (or raw source) you can get, unless you want a real straight transfer where the speed varies all the way through :-)
3) If you compare the 1st gen transfer of "Thank you ..." to the 2nd gen transfer of ATM "Bill Graham presents", you'll notice a difference in EQ. I have no idea which one of these are "correct". Probably none of them, which means we won't get a "real" straight transfer unless we get a transfer straight from the master, with the EQ in a neutral position :-)

Hans-Peter

Emilovious
03-07-08, 08:36 AM
Dear Hans-Peter!
Thank you for clarifying this.
I mentioned the "restoration business" just to say how far unscrupulous bootleggers can go and not to undervalue "Thank Yo..." version.
IMHO, Thank You and I just Blew Another Amp" is by far the best version of the concert we have at the moment (in wide circulation thanks to YOU!!).
Regards
Emil

tWreCK
04-06-08, 07:17 PM
Thx for sharing this version :)

I wouldn't mind "Thank You And I Just Blew Another Amp" as well ;)

staightahead
04-06-08, 11:42 PM
jimi hendrix still the king of guitar

peewee123
09-30-08, 11:20 PM
thnxs
you may hate it but it's good for the collection

zombywoof57
06-21-10, 10:19 PM
im trying to d-load it but no seeds i'll let you know what i think as im sure i'll love it:rimshot: