PDA

View Full Version : Hendrix/mason Jams

richh32
02-15-09, 10:30 AM
I was going through some old discs I had burned about 15 yrs ago and found this. Its a 3 song jam with Jimi and Dave Mason. Two guitars thats it. From what I remember I got this in trade from some guy in California when trading tapes was most popular. I cleaned up the recording at the time and burned it to disc, so it may sound a little rough. Caveat, I have no idea if this is currently on any other cd's out there(i know it isnt on anything official), so if it is a duplicate with different titles, I apologize in advance. If not enjoy!

1. Jam
2. Little Wing
3. Mason Jar Jam

dino77
02-15-09, 10:42 AM
I was going through some old discs I had burned about 15 yrs ago and found this. Its a 3 song jam with Jimi and Dave Mason. Two guitars thats it. From what I remember I got this in trade from some guy in California when trading tapes was most popular. I cleaned up the recording at the time and burned it to disc, so it may sound a little rough. Caveat, I have no idea if this is currently on any other cd's out there(i know it isnt on anything official), so if it is a duplicate with different titles, I apologize in advance. If not enjoy!

1. Jam
2. Little Wing
3. Mason Jar Jam

Thanks, but isn't this fake (ie no Jimi)? Unless something new has come to light it unfortunately must be.

richh32
02-15-09, 10:45 AM
Thanks, but isn't this fake (ie no Jimi)? Unless something new has come to light it unfortunately must be.

take a listen i really think it is Jimi.

richh32
02-16-09, 11:16 AM
well guys whats the verdict? something never heard?

dino77
02-16-09, 11:30 AM
Yes, what do you say?
I can't pass any verdict...sounds like Jimi in parts,
but there's really no familiar riffs or anything.

Armel
02-16-09, 12:06 PM
Well, to be honest, I don't recognize Jimi's style...maybe someone has further information?

ruud
02-16-09, 12:33 PM
These jams are not listed in The Studio Log (Jimpress).
To me there's NO Jimi at all on these. The same goes for the so-called "Stephen Still/Jimi Hendrix Jams" tape which was doing the rounds in the collector's circle years ago. NO Jimi on this one either.

Greetings RudeBoy

ldb2
02-16-09, 12:38 PM
for what it's worth, the consensus in the past has been that these tracks are fake. i haven't listened to them in many years, but my memory is that the guitar playing is not very good.
-doug

geoffrey123
02-16-09, 03:39 PM
This is Not Jimi, No Way!!!!

zombywoof57
07-31-10, 07:54 PM
hummmmmmmmmm im d-loading it just to see thank-you