PDA

View Full Version : Hendrix on the Newsstand

scoutship
02-16-09, 03:24 AM
Finally got round to picking up a copy of "Ultimate Hendrix" (McDermott w/ Kramer & Billy Cox) today ("Every Recording Session, Every Performance, Every Song" sayeth the back cover; has John finally updated "Sessions"?), noted that page 26 of the current Vintage Guitar has an interview with Eddie K. re: Electric Ladyland; while the present Downbeat includes Jimi among its list of "75 Great Guitarists" and includes Coryell's 1972 interview quote about JH being the greatest and the only cat who ever made him jealous (paraphrasing so as not to spoil it for anyone else).

For whomever may have an interest.

scoutship
02-28-09, 02:22 PM
Quick follow up note as I'm rushed for time and can't track down the proper thread, but as I did see that some others here are picking up on the Ultimate Hendrix book I want to mention that some of the info may still not be correct...as per direct from some of the guys who ran the consoles in the L.A. area at the time.

Curious to see what Roby comes up with now. And why McDermott still hasn't gotten it right ;p

If there are no objections I may turn over some data to Laughing Sam (ex of ESC & elsewhere, another of the Seattle crew) for posting.

Cheers

scoutship
03-11-13, 09:35 PM
Not finding it posted via site search, but the March 2013 issue of "Uncut" has a piece 'The Battle for Jimi's Legacy: How is he still releasing albums 42 years after his death?' that's probably worth at least a read on a bench in front of the magazine racks, very gently asking Janie slightly more difficult questions than usual as to whether, for example, EH has actually figured out a "progressive" direction for the music instead of, as it might seem to an "impartial party," merely substituted one brand of editorializing for another.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/sites/default/files/2013/01/march2013-crop.jpg