PDA

View Full Version : Silver Blue To Bloody Red vol.2

johanincr
02-18-09, 01:48 PM
Silver Blue To Bloody Red - Vol. 2

This is a roughly chronological collection of some very different mixes, merges and a few songs where Jimi Hendrix allegedly plays guitar as a guest.
1. Hey Joe
Focusing heavily on the Breakaways' harmony vocals and Jimi's lead guitar part.
You can hear for example a low 'E' string ringing from 1:33-1:40 which never sounded clearer.
2. Hey Joe
This rare track was only featured on a 'bonus' CD(Phonogram 5667) that came with the 1993 Johnny
Halliday boxset called 'Johnny - Le Livre'.
It allegedly contains Jimi Hendrix on acoustic guitar recorded at London Olympic studios in
november 1966.
3. Foxy Lady
This mix only contains Jimi and Noel's vocals, so you can hear them breathing and making noises
quite clearly.
4. Are You Experienced
No vocals, and a different overall mix which exposes some guitar and the piano part better.
5. I Dont Live Today
Vocal and lead guitar only - some nice details included.
6. Fire
This has all the guitar to one side and the vocals on the other. Similar to the AYE stereo
version, but quite different still.
7. You've Got Me Floating
Version with no vocals, mainly just the band, including Jimi's rhythm guitar part and some
backward guitars buried in the mix.
8. Spanish Castle Magic
Focusing heavily on the piano playing (by Jimi!) in the right channel, and with no wild panning
during and after the guitar solo.
9. Hear My Train a'Coming
The familiar BBC version with both vocal takes present.
10. Tax Free
The guitar part that sounds like an organ which was created by connecting it to a Leslie speaker
is featured heavily in this mix.
11. Bold As Love
This mix features no lead guitar part but it does have both vocal takes plus the harpschicord
upfront in the mix near the end.
12. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)
The BOG version from early 1970, in the same edit later used for Midnight Lightning but without
any overdubs.
13. Drifter's Escape
Heavy focus on the drums and lead guitar part.
14. White Nigger
Steve Stills track, outtake for the 'Steve Stills' LP. Allegedly recorded at Olympic Studios in
London in march 1970 with guitar overdubs by Jimi Hendrix.
15.16.17 Hear My Train, Hey Baby/Villanova Junction and Freedom
LA Forum 25 april 1970. First date of the 1970 'Cry of Love' tour. Vinyl source on the left, 3rd
source on the right.

No rights given or implied, all sources undisclosed except where noted otherwise.
Please dont dissect and reassemble, change fileformat, sell, rename, retorrent.
(JVW)November 1st 2007

Artwork similar to vol.1 exists but i lost the files. Anyone?

cosmic
02-18-09, 02:12 PM
wont start, huh? well, I'm in no rush anyway..

Armel
02-18-09, 02:30 PM
I only got the front, in small size...:(
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr5/brunoarmel/JHsilverblueFrs.jpg?t=1234988836

manfree
02-18-09, 03:14 PM
Thank You for sharing with me/us :000-thanx:

johanincr
02-18-09, 11:44 PM
oh yeah, this link might be interesting for those who didnt see it originally.
http://www.bigozine2.com/archive/ARrarities08/ARjhsilverblue.html

(ps firstrays do you or the artwork-artist still have the artwork for this??)

firstrays
02-19-09, 02:30 AM
Johan,
sure do, meant to post this yesterday - 'hope I'm not too late'!
mick
Nice artwork supplied by jellycat

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/firstrays/BACKINNERV.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/firstrays/BACKV.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/firstrays/DISCV.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/firstrays/FrontV.jpg

Armel
02-19-09, 02:44 AM
Thanks Firstrays..very nice artwork !

Ayler
02-19-09, 12:02 PM
Great indeed!

mike1061
02-22-09, 08:06 AM
Thanks
Mike

drivinsouth
02-22-09, 09:29 AM
thanks .intresting mixes...

neerjoop
02-28-09, 05:25 AM
Thanks also for this vol. 2

testamora
02-28-09, 07:57 PM
:thayou219bl::minipersonen065:

Experiencereunited
03-04-09, 11:48 PM
Does anyone have the much slower and longer version of White Nigger that has been available on You Tube as well?

dino77
03-05-09, 06:19 AM
Does anyone have the much slower and longer version of White Nigger that has been available on You Tube as well?

That one has no Hendrix involvement.
It's a Manassas outtake, Stills' superb early 70's group.

thunderbaas
03-10-09, 02:59 AM
Well,Jonanincr thanks a lot for this upload,and for all your great contributions. There are some nice gems on this one,like the Hey Baby without the drum overdubs,and of course the White nigger,which sure sounds like jimmy on the lead guitar parts.But I'm just wondering the 3 studio merges :Fire,Spanish Castle & Hear my Train BBC,which are interesting to listen to annyway,do not have any historic relevance?
They are the result of someone with some good studio equipment who merges them just to listen to "How that would have sounded" I presume ???
Merging Live concerts is mostly done to improve the sound quality,and there are quite a few found on CTT which are great improvements!!!
As I said I'm just wondering about the Studio Merges.Hope you or someone else can tell me about it.Thanks again and keep up the good Work at CTT Y'all .

Thunderbaas,
P.S. just ordered the,to me, new "Ultimate Hendrix" book by John McDermott.Can't wait to see it,especially when it's as thorough documentated as the older "Sessions".

dino77
03-10-09, 03:20 AM
In fact, "Ultimate Hendrix" IS "Sessions", just a new edition.
While there's lots of new info, I'd say 80% is from "Sessions".

thunderbaas
03-10-09, 04:04 AM
Thanks Captain for the Info. The Studiopart of "Ultimate" is the same as "Sessions". As I understood there's also a review of several Live Concerts including annecdotes etc. Annyway my old copy of "Sessions" is quite worn out after 12 years of intensive use as a reverence book for the Studio Work. So as this is somehow "Old Wine in New Sacks" I'll surely enjoy the new Info.(What's wrong with Old Wine annyway,It just keeps getting better,doesn't it?)Thanks again for the quick response,

Thunderbaas.

johanincr
03-10-09, 10:59 AM
But I'm just wondering the 3 studio merges :Fire,Spanish Castle & Hear my Train BBC,which are interesting to listen to annyway,do not have any historic relevance?
They are the result of someone with some good studio equipment who merges them just to listen to "How that would have sounded" I presume ???

No historic relevance but curious how they sounded together, yes, fully correct!:)

thunderbaas
03-10-09, 09:30 PM
All Right Johanincr,well however these Studio Merges are Hypothetical,they still are interesting to listen to. So to you Studio Mergers out there I'd say :
Bring 'm on.Every new angle on his Music can be interesting,just like the resynced sound to the 8 & 16 mm Film Footage,which still amazes me.
Thanks for the reaction & All the best,

Thunderbaas

Ezy Rider
04-25-10, 02:40 AM
I keep finding these little gems here, thanks!

zombywoof57
07-11-10, 08:33 PM
thank-you all involved

terrybarber
08-09-10, 06:29 AM
Once again Thanks a lot! I have found these mixes really enjoyable!

Toofonky
11-24-10, 05:35 AM
Wonderful stuff! Wow.... Didn't know some of the vocals only takes ever submerged... Where do they come from? Thanks so much, I'm freaking out.

Fuzzlord
03-19-11, 01:21 PM
Thanks for this.

Kal-El
05-12-11, 07:44 PM
Thanks. Volume 1 is a favorite of mine, so I'm looking forward to this one.

vahurka
06-27-11, 05:07 PM
Thanks a lot Johan!

unclejo
06-28-11, 12:36 AM
Thanks a lot for these !

copen
08-08-12, 12:58 PM
10. Tax Free
The guitar part that sounds like an organ which was created by connecting it to a Leslie speaker
is featured heavily in this mix.
>>>
i am told that this is a fake mix from one channel of war heroes version.

Luigi
08-08-12, 04:48 PM
I've downloaded out of curiosity. Stuff for collectors. I was speechless!!!!! Very, very, very nice. Many thanks.