PDA

View Full Version : 18th Feb 1969 Soundboard

firstrays
02-25-09, 03:59 AM
Hi folks,
has anyone got the complete soundboard of the Experience at the Royal Albert Hall on 18th February 1969?
Thanks in advance
mick

Olvator
02-25-09, 04:39 AM
not in circulation, but it exists. only one track has recently come into circulation, and that was Hear My Train a Coming.

it is here (track 9):
http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=835&highlight=Royal+Albert

firstrays
02-25-09, 06:52 AM
olvator,
thank you for your note. Yes there are a couple of 'snippets' from this show floating around - I was just trying to see if we could get this one out in the open, we shall see.
mick

Experiencereunited
02-26-09, 12:19 AM
Actually the AUD sounds surprisingly good. Try Prince Albert Does not bite the Tongue torrent.

ap0llo
03-03-09, 08:23 PM
After hearing the "Hear My Train" soundboard from this show, I wondered how this one managed to escape being bootlegged to death like the second show. I was also sad to see these shows (and the film) still officially unreleased, since it was the 40th anniversary of the Royal Albert Hall shows this year. Maybe they're waiting for the 50th? :P

bluesunday
03-06-14, 01:20 AM
Yes. I have it. And I've heard it. The sound quality is very good for a soundboard. However, Jim's performance just doesn't impress me very much. After listening to this show now about half a dozen times, I've become bored with it. Some of that has to do with Jimi and the fact that his playing just doesn't excite me the way 2/24 does. I also find Noel Redding's bass playing to be awful. I can't stand the sound of his bass and he's terrible at improvising when Jimi gives him an opportunity to do so. I wish that at this stage of Jimi's short performing life, Billy Cox had already been brought on board replacing Noel. Noel just doesn't have much to do as a bassist. He can play the notes that make up the structure of the song but can't really do anything else. Overall, I give 2/18/89 a C+/B- grade. I can see why Chas Chandler was ready to sack both Mitch and Noel after this gig.

susep73
04-05-14, 09:47 AM
Yes. I have it. And I've heard it. The sound quality is very good for a soundboard. However, Jim's performance just doesn't impress me very much. After listening to this show now about half a dozen times, I've become bored with it. Some of that has to do with Jimi and the fact that his playing just doesn't excite me the way 2/24 does. I also find Noel Redding's bass playing to be awful. I can't stand the sound of his bass and he's terrible at improvising when Jimi gives him an opportunity to do so. I wish that at this stage of Jimi's short performing life, Billy Cox had already been brought on board replacing Noel. Noel just doesn't have much to do as a bassist. He can play the notes that make up the structure of the song but can't really do anything else. Overall, I give 2/18/89 a C+/B- grade. I can see why Chas Chandler was ready to sack both Mitch and Noel after this gig.

I agree about Noel's inability to improv. I recently listened to their Jan.1969 tour through Central Europe, Jimi gave Noel ample opportunities to jam esp in Sunshine Of Your Love. A lot of the times Noel came up flat outside of power chords and a few brief melodic runs. Noel obviously didn't have a deep musical vocabulary or knowledge of scales. Not that Billy was a Mingus on the bass either, Cox seemed more in tune with Jimi based on their history going back to the Kasuals.

sgtpepper685
04-17-14, 01:29 PM

Sooooo, can you upload the show? I always find it funny when people tease us like that :P

Fenders Fingers
04-17-14, 01:45 PM
as stated elsewhere on this site, any attempt to torrent this show here will be blocked.

sgtpepper685
04-17-14, 02:43 PM
as stated elsewhere on this site, any attempt to torrent this show here will be blocked.

And why is that? Isn't this Show like every other booteg, with the exception that it may or may not appear officially some Day?

Fenders Fingers
04-17-14, 03:10 PM
And why is that? Isn't this Show like every other booteg, with the exception that it may or may not appear officially some Day?

on the face of it, it would seem that way [though strictly speaking this is not a bootleg], sadly that is far from true.
enjoy what is torrented here, some of the finest Hendrix unofficial material is here and here before anywhere else.
even if this material is eventually booted, lossy or lossless, it will not be torrented here.

i'm sure the files that were put up on facebook are available. get them enjoy them.

sgtpepper685
04-17-14, 03:34 PM
on the face of it, it would seem that way [though strictly speaking this is not a bootleg], sadly that is far from true.
enjoy what is torrented here, some of the finest Hendrix unofficial material is here and here before anywhere else.
even if this material is eventually booted, lossy or lossless, it will not be here.

i'm sure the files that were put up on facebook are available. get them enjoy them.

Sorry to bei so stubborn, but what is it then if not a bootleg? I only read up on some articles last year about this show coming into limited circulation... Why is ok to have two songs of a show, which was never not officially released, on this site but nothing more? How is this soundboard any more special than the randall's island soundboard or the feather records disc of the albert hall show of the 24th, that is currently being seeded by more than 20 people despite having semi-official material on it? Is this some kind of inner-collectors-circle-conspiracy? :P

Please don't take this the wrong way, i'm just curios ;)

Fenders Fingers
04-17-14, 03:44 PM
Sorry to bei so stubborn, but what is it then if not a bootleg? I only read up on some articles last year about this show coming into limited circulation... Why is ok to have two songs of a show, which was never not officially released, on this site but nothing more? How is this soundboard any more special than the randall's island soundboard or the feather records disc of the albert hall show of the 24th, that is currently being seeded by more than 20 people despite having semi-official material on it? Is this some kind of inner-collectors-circle-conspiracy? :P

Please don't take this the wrong way, i'm just curios ;)

I fully understand your curiosity on this matter, your probably not alone. it is what it is and that's really it.

As for the point of is it or is it not a bootleg, that really is self explanatory.

for me at least, that's about it, i have nothing more to say on this matter.