bbagm
03-01-09, 04:23 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/opczg1.png

stplsd
03-01-09, 05:34 PM
Thanks for this

bbagm
03-01-09, 06:04 PM
You're welcome! In Hendrix books I tend to find that when Jeffrey's death is mentioned it's usually just a couple of sentences calling it a "mysterious" plane crash - some authors seemingly trying to plant a seed of conspiracy in the reader's mind.

This is the first time I've seen a detailed factual account of the incident, so thought it might interest others too.

MourningStar
03-01-09, 09:45 PM
In Hendrix books I tend to find that when Jeffrey's death is mentioned it's usually just a couple of sentences calling it a "mysterious" plane crash - some authors seemingly trying to plant a seed of conspiracy in the reader's mind.Hmmmm, the Hendrix books I have read say nothing about the collision being 'mysterious'. The 'mysterious' I typically encounter is in the identification of MJ's remains.

Ayler
03-02-09, 12:57 AM
In his book, Noel said he was not sure Jeffery was in the plane.

bbagm
03-02-09, 05:27 AM
Hmmmm, the Hendrix books I have read say nothing about the collision being 'mysterious'. The 'mysterious' I typically encounter is in the identification of MJ's remains.

Considering the plane he was on "disintegrated", there's no great mystery as to why straightforward identification may have been a problem with some passengers is there?

MourningStar
03-02-09, 09:32 AM
^
Heh, heh ... what do you think?

"Hey Noel! Seen like Mike around anywhere?"

cleanuponaisle76
03-02-09, 05:30 PM
interesting that Noel expressed doubts about Jeffreys presence on the plane. honestly, Jeffreys could have easily intentionally missed the flight, and the people on board who knew of this, couldn't say anything about it because:
a. no cell phones, b. they would die before retaining contact with the rest of society.
I offer the my perspective that Mike had something to do with the crash itself and planned the death of "Mike Jeffreys" so that he could change his name and hideout somewhere else. would that suprise you guys? it wouldn't surprise me.

remember, Jeffreys Mafia ties are well documented. he was previously stationed in Egypt, supposedly doing Mafia related business. who knows? he also spoke fluent Russian I have heard, he could easily hide out there. Russia is a big place where he was virtually a stranger, and something tells me he may have already had connections there.

why would he want to hideout? well, keep in mind the millions he stole from Jimi, embezzled by the offshore tax shelter Yameta. not only that, but I have read numerous times that Mike would confiscate financial documents regularly. supposedly a friend of Jimi's stole a copy and showed it to him. there were stats like he was only getting 10g for gigs that grossed 50g at times. these were probably less publicized concerts/events.

some say that Mike could have had Jimi killed in order to avoid going to court for Jimi's expired contract, as he already knew what Jimi would opt when it came to Mike Jeffreys renewal or termination.
Hendrix had been ready to cut him off, and had already discussed legal action against him. he was ready to go back to Chas or somebody else altogether.
but let's not forget that the court would naturally investigate the whole situation and Mike would be deemed a criminal.

that's a few among many reason I believe Mike had Jimi killed. I mean lets face it, the death case is sketchy. the lies, and the fact somebody waited several hours to call a medic. the poem. the next to nothing 46 mgs of blood-alcohol content compared to the near gallon in his lungs and stomach. the fact he was dressed flamboyantly while supposedly taking Vesperex to go to sleep.
he was well aware that he had a consistent supply of Jimi Hendrix music, which would be in demand, inevitably. it was a matter of choosing between getting cut off and sued, or avoiding getting cut off altogether with music to make more money off of.
and I haven't even mentioned the 2.5 million death insurance policy Mike would receive (the policy was only able to exist in the case of accidental death). that alone would be reason enough.

MourningStar
03-02-09, 06:10 PM
as i recall , was not MJ 'supposedly' on that flight in order to attend a court appearance?

stplsd
03-02-09, 07:37 PM
He was heading to the UK for the settlement of the Track/Polydor PPX case, which had started in 1967. Track were now out of the picture as Polydor had taken over the Hendrix catalog in November 1971. Chalpin had set up a meeting in London with Jimi to begin resolving the case shortly before Jimi's death, but Jimi failed to turn up. From what I can gather Jimi's earnings from Track/Polydor were being held in escrow until this case was settled. The UK case was "settled" in 1973, by Leo Branton I think. Chalpin got a far rougher time from the UK Juge, and Dick Rowe of Decca/London who was funding the PPXside threatened to pull out if Chalpin didn't settle quickly.

bbagm
03-02-09, 08:41 PM
I offer the my perspective that Mike had something to do with the crash itself and planned the death of "Mike Jeffreys" so that he could change his name and hideout somewhere else. would that suprise you guys?

Given the available facts about the crash, the only way it could have been planned by Jeffrey would have been for him to arrange for the pilot of the Coronada (an airliner loaded with passengers) to fly directly into the DC 9 (loaded with passengers), a mile above the earth, at a speed of something like 700 kph.

How likely do you think an airline pilot would be to take up that job offer?

With Jeffrey's supposed underworld and secret service contacts there were undoubtably a number of far easier to arrange (and far more likely to 'succeed') methods of faking his death than a mid-air collision.

If Jeffrey just wanted to "change his name and hideout somewhere else", he could have done that without faking his own death. He was probably wealthy enough to be able to walk off into the sunset and never be seen again. So what would be the point in arranging for the mass murder of airline passengers when the end result for him, living in hiding for the remainder of his life, would be exactly the same either way?

stplsd
03-02-09, 09:28 PM
^
Nicely put

MourningStar
03-02-09, 10:37 PM
Given the available facts about the crash, the only way it could have been planned by Jeffrey would have been for him to arrange for the pilot of the Coronada (an airliner loaded with passengers) to fly directly into the DC 9 (loaded with passengers), a mile above the earth, at a speed of something like 700 kph.One way, but NOT 'the only way'. Sorry, but there are other scenarios. One that quickly comes to mind is to have 'arranged' for 'certain' air traffic controllers to purposely navigate the airliners into each other. Start thinkin' like a 'spook' .... heh, heh ...

let your imagination run free,

stplsd
03-02-09, 11:01 PM
let your imagination run free,

Yes that's unfortunately the problem, and the reason why so much "information" about Jimi is worthless nonsense.

MourningStar
03-02-09, 11:10 PM
Yes that's unfortunately the problem, and the reason why so much "information" about Jimi is worthless nonsense.Hallelujah!

His eyes open!!!

:happyboy7hq:

as The Man once long ago warned : " ...you just can't believe everything you see and hear ..."

stplsd
04-08-09, 04:26 PM
Hallelujah!

His eyes open!!!

Who said they were shut?!

as The Man once long ago warned : " ...you just can't believe everything you see and hear ..."
Why are you repeating what I just said?!