PDA

View Full Version : Discontinued Book "Land Of The New Rising Sun"

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
03-24-09, 01:26 PM
This book was orginaly going to be released in the late 1980's I was told. Oh I love that record shop. Anyway it's a amazing book... Only a few pictures and other things. Mainly just a little journal only jimi in '70. It's got full tape logs, Jimi "Proposed" List order for First Rays Of The Rising Sun. All the photo's are from elliot landy with the exption of about 4 of 5. I can't say all of this is truth but it sure seems like it. I'll post excerts from the book in a little.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
03-24-09, 01:34 PM
Page 68.

"...Jimi Invisioned a Double LP. He was done side 1 and working on side 2 when he met his ultimate death. Many clues indicate (Many songs never were played live but recorded in the studio) that he could have ad a triple LP if he pleased..."

purple jim
03-24-09, 01:57 PM
I'll post excerts from the book in a little.

We look foreward to that !

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
03-24-09, 02:16 PM
Pg. 128

"...When Jimi arrived at the isle of fehmarn to play that night (9-5-70) it was pouring buckets. Jimi had fired his previous road manger jerry stickells the night before in berlin. Stickells went with jimi to the isle of fehmarn to keep jimi company (a personal friend). No reason was for sure given as to why stickells was fired but some believe that it was because during voodoo child at the berlin show, stickells accidently pushed the mic away from one of his amps. (NOTE FROM ME: The audience tape from berlin only went up to lover man so it must be from a someone who witnessed it's point of view.) Jimi went to his quarters (A small tent out on the edge of fehmarn to stay away from the festival comotion) and stickells went to the promoters and argued for jimi to go on the next day instead of that night. Supposedly there was camera's ready to go that night to tape jimi, as jimi was one of the headliners, But never got to happen as jimi played the 6th. There were a few color camera's opperating on the 6th but not nearly as much as there was on the 5th. When jimi walked on stage the next day he was yelled at to "go home" and replied with "I don't give a fuck if you boo as long as you boo in key!" You mothers...". Jimi sat his cigarette on his guitar's headstock and went into killing floor and the boo's seemed to cease if only just for a little..."

MourningStar
03-24-09, 02:50 PM
This is the first I have heard of this book. Can you provide more details on the book itself? e.g. author, publisher, cover image, isbn ... etc.

thnx,

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
03-24-09, 02:59 PM
This is the first I have heard of this book. Can you provide more details on the book itself? e.g. author, publisher, cover image, isbn ... etc.

thnx,Appearently the author is Charles R. Cross. (He's made another hendrix biography called room full of mirrors.). As for the publisher the back cover is ripped off. On the first page it says "1988 Charles Cross NOT FOR SALE TEST COPY ONLY 436435" and a bar code. It's very odd that the back is ripped off and the spine is broken. It's really a beat up old book, But it's got some good info (truth or not). I'll try and do some research today, and go ask the old man that sold it to me. Peace out ;)

RasFreeman
03-24-09, 03:35 PM
Publishers rip off the back page, sometimes the front, to make
the books not saleable. They do this on cds too by cutting out
a little piece of the jewel case, to show they were purchased
at a discount and not full price.

Peace & Love,
Ras Freeman

MourningStar
03-24-09, 05:18 PM
Appearently the author is Charles R. Cross. (He's made another hendrix biography called room full of mirrors.). As for the publisher the back cover is ripped off. On the first page it says "1988 Charles Cross NOT FOR SALE TEST COPY ONLY 436435" and a bar code. It's very odd that the back is ripped off and the spine is broken. It's really a beat up old book, But it's got some good info (truth or not). I'll try and do some research today, and go ask the old man that sold it to me. Peace out ;)Thnx J_U!

Googling is not turning up anything for me on this. When you state 'discontinued' I assume it's out-of-print, which assumes it was once in print, which assumes one can find it used or some info on it somewhere. Man, that's alot of 'ass'umes - :D Ha Ha!

Anyways (o-t), the googling did turn up things which caused me to wonder (oh no!) about the book's title (named after Jimi's composition, no doubt). It's globally accepted that the 'land of the rising sun' refers to Japan specifically and Asia in certain generic aspects. Jimi added the term 'new' to this common phrase. So my mind drifts with thoughts that he may have used this title in vague or, yet-to-be-discovered, intentional dedicational reference to his new family members' heritage.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
03-24-09, 07:32 PM
Intro (Author's Note)

"... While Land Of The New Rising Sun was only a mere dream in the end of 1968, Jimi was still writing and playing (in the studio) songs that would appear (or would have) in Land Of The New Rising Sun. They're is many bootleg releases of Land Of The New Rising Sun but it's never been officialy released. The general public does'nt know much only the creative side of jimi. Only the sex, drugs, and rock and roll guy. Only purple haze, fire, voodoo child etc are the ones people in mainstream society seem to listen too. There is a a way to release this material but only if the big record labels can see what I and you who are reading this see. A true mastermind. A person who played some good old electric church music..."

scoutship
03-24-09, 08:12 PM
Appearently the author is Charles R. Cross. (He's made another hendrix biography called room full of mirrors.). As for the publisher the back cover is ripped off. On the first page it says "1988 Charles Cross NOT FOR SALE TEST COPY ONLY 436435" and a bar code. It's very odd that the back is ripped off and the spine is broken. It's really a beat up old book, But it's got some good info (truth or not). I'll try and do some research today, and go ask the old man that sold it to me. Peace out ;)

J_U you got some photos of the book you could share?

Laughing Sam via email:

Cross says he doesn't know anything about it, probably a doctored-up fake of some kind but would love to know more, he prefers not to have his
name associated with something he didn't do.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
03-24-09, 08:22 PM
J_U you got some photos of the book you could share?

Laughing Sam via email:

Cross says he doesn't know anything about it, probably a doctored-up fake of some kind but would love to know more, he prefers not to have his
name associated with something he didn't do.Well I could do some scans but the books in bad shape already. Let me see what I can do.

Ok. I don't know who's book it is then. It's got good info. The old man who sold it was as clueless as me except that he claims to have had the book was signed by jimi. Which is total bullshit because A. the book was from 1988 (Or so I was told who know when it's really from...) and B. There's not even a scan of jimi's signature. So I don't know. What i'm posting is excerpts from it. There's no info of it on the internet it seems... So I have no real proof. I guess I zip those scans up in a sec. It's the Land Of The New Rising Sun album photo but blank. Thank you for your time and considerment.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
03-24-09, 09:57 PM
bad news ;( My scanner is'nt working. I'll see about the scans tommorow.

Trotzkee
04-14-09, 05:18 PM
Supposedly there was camera's ready to go that night to tape jimi, as jimi was one of the headliners, But never got to happen as jimi played the 6th.

Shame..I'm still holding out that one day tapes will surface of that event...I always hear whispers that it was filmed entirely.

..Anyone have any information/an opinion?