PDA

View Full Version : Radio One - "Impressions Of Hendrix"

purple jim
04-19-09, 12:28 PM
Here as promised is the Radio One documentary "Impressions Of Hendrix" which was transmitted I think in 1980. It lasts an hour and is narrated by Tommy Vance and features interviews by (in order) :

- Chas Chandler
- Ritchie Blackmore
- Paul McCartney
- Chas Chandler
- Jeff Beck
- Jimi
- Jimmy Page
- Ritchie Blackmore
- Pete Townshend
- Chas Candler
- Ritchie Blackmore
- Jimmy Page

There are a couple of cuts as at the time I was afraid of running out of tape. The cuts are only quick fade outs of one or two songs.
At the end, I added a few interviews from the "Jimi Hendrix" soundtrack L.P.:

- Jimi
- Paul Caruso
- Freddy Mae Gautier
- Alan Douglas
- Fayne Pridgon
- Jimi

This is FM to cassette to MP3.

Enjoy !

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L20BN48C

BURTCOBAIN
04-19-09, 01:15 PM
Useful offering for those who've not heard it . .i'll check with my battered old copy for comparison . .thanks x
ps, good choice with megaupload, only 9 mins d/l time . .

Makkinen
04-20-09, 05:25 AM
Thanks but you should have posted this thread in another forum (my advice would be "Everything Else") because of two reasons:
1. This is not a torrent (this one's for "Audio Torrents" only).
2. It's in lossy format (mp3) which is not allowed to be shared on this site as a torrent (which this file actually isn't).
Thanks anyway.

purple jim
04-20-09, 07:07 AM
Yes, I considered that MP3 was sufficient for what it is. You're right, I should have put it under "Everything Else".
I listened to it yesterday for the first time in nearly 30 years (my God) and there are some interesting snippets in there. For exemaple Chas saying how he wanted to distance Jimi from Jeffrey as they were both getting into acid in a big way. Jeffrerey would show up with a new cocktail for the two to try out.
A remember (from Noel or Kathy's book) that towards mid 1968, Jeffrey became less like a businessman in his manner and apprearance and more like a "hipster". He remained of course a shrewd businessman at heart.

Steev
04-20-09, 07:51 AM
The deed is done & we're moved.
Also, had this been a Torrent it would most likely have had 2 B pulled
due to the inclusion of the "Jimi Hendrix" soundtrack L.P. selections.
As it's not a torrent, I'm letting it stay [unless I get "Out-Modded" :D by a more knowledgeable Mod].
Thanx 4 the post!
Lastly, while I'm thinking about it: An Mp3 file IS allowed, if it is the best/only form available, and no better version exists, such as the Hendrix/War Jam at Ronnie Scott's that last night . . . . . . :rasta:

Peace:homer1:

stplsd
04-27-09, 07:48 PM
Many thanks for this, interesting to hear Tommy Vance calling "Experiencing the Blues" as the title of 'Catfish'- any chance you might put up the J Peel (chat only) rerun of the 67 Beeb stuff? I'm sure we'd all love to hear it too.

purple jim
04-28-09, 01:45 AM
I searched the cellar and only found a bounced down cassette that a friend of mind did for me years ago, which edited out the Peel dialogue. Yes, in those days we made our own "BBC Sessions" tapes. I will make a more thorough check in the hope that the original tape turns up.

stplsd
04-28-09, 05:57 AM
Thanks for your efforts, here's hoping the Peel chat will turn up somewhere. The Tommy Vance, John Peel intro's from the original broadcasts would be a great find. There's a complete tape of Peel's last (1967) "Perfumed Garden" show, so you never know!

hyper_hippie
05-01-09, 09:22 PM
Very nice listen. First time I had heard of Chas' description of Jimi's spending excesses in L.A., multiple Corvettes, TV's, etc.

MourningStar
05-02-09, 01:13 AM
Useful offering for those who've not heard it . .
ps, good choice with megaupload, only 9 mins d/l time . .Agreed! I've not heard this one - (my d/l was 2+ minutes :D )

:thayou219bl: