PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Live Today session tape

Chris M
05-02-09, 12:13 AM
Years ago I had a disc that had the I Don't Live Today session tape session tape in near perfect quality. Quality was as good or better than the official version. I've long since lost the disc. I want to say it was on a commercial boot from the 90's. Seems like most copies in circulation sound like the Can You See Me, 51st Anniversary, Fire, etc session tapes (obviously several generations removed from the master) but the one I remember had very full bass, clear top end, wide stereo, etc. Anyone know where to find it?

Fly On,

Chris

purple jim
05-02-09, 01:55 AM
Wouldn't that be "Are You Experienced & More" from Purple Haze Records ?

Chris M
05-02-09, 02:33 AM
Wouldn't that be "Are You Experienced & More" from Purple Haze Records ?

No, this was mid/late 90's. I'm sure it does the rounds but I'm not sure where. Maybe Purple Haze copied the audio from the best circulating boot.

stplsd
05-02-09, 02:42 AM
what else was on it, throw us a bone.

Chris M
05-02-09, 04:47 AM
what else was on it, throw us a bone.

The common AYE outtakes. Nothing rare. I just remember thinking how much better IDLT sounded than most of the other AYE outtakes. I figured it was common but now I can't find it in the same quality.

purple jim
05-02-09, 08:39 AM
I just had a quick listen to "AYE & More" and there are 5 takes of "I Don't Live Today". the final instrumental take is excellent mono quality with quite a boomy bass. The final version is a bit hissy with a double track vocal.
I could try and upload the album it so you could check (if I can master this torrent thingy).