PDA

View Full Version : Jimi's Corvettes

univibs
05-04-09, 05:16 PM
Hi

well, I heard from one source that since Jimi become famous he had 7 Corvettes.
do you guys have any photos of them or maybe some info about who has them today ?

stplsd
05-04-09, 10:00 PM
I've only heard of two, at least one he smashed up badly enough that he bought another to replace it.

MourningStar
05-04-09, 10:51 PM
Hi
do you guys have any photos of them ... ?There are a few in the photo galleries forums here.

korvette
04-24-10, 07:53 AM
I have silent footage of Jimi driving one of the Vettes. A blue 69 or 70. One was bought in Cleveland

manfree
04-24-10, 08:01 AM
I`m sure that Noel`s 8 mm footage contains "Car" clips.

Fenders Fingers
04-24-10, 12:07 PM
Was it one of Jimi's motors on that boot cover, LA Forum? Yellow ? Just a thought.

univibs
04-26-10, 03:33 PM
is it true that he owned 7 Vettes betueen 67-70 ?

LE-20
04-26-10, 10:41 PM
Where are they now? That is the question.

J.Lucas
04-13-13, 07:36 AM
Setting The Record Straight page 291

This page is kinda interesting...

http://phscollectorcarworld.blogspot.com/2012/05/lost-star-cars-jimi-hendrix-corvettes.html
------------------------------
There is/was some discussions about Hendrix Corvettes on the Corvette forum:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tags/hendrix.html

(http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tags/hendrix.html)

stplsd
04-13-13, 07:43 AM
is it true that he owned 7 Vettes betueen 67-70 ?

There is only record of two. He bought his first in 1968.

souldoggie
04-14-13, 04:38 AM
19914 I only know of one photo of Jimi in or around his, or anyone else's, Corvette. I have seen 8mm footage but I only know of one still. Are there others? If so, it would be great if someone could post it (them).

BlackIrish55
04-15-13, 09:33 PM
http://crosstowntorrents.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=19933&d=1366001652

The guitar

mccflo99
04-16-13, 01:10 AM
Agreed. Guitar.

Chris

Fenders Fingers
04-16-13, 08:36 AM
http://crosstowntorrents.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=19933&d=1366001652

The guitar

the guitarIST :-)

maxine1967
04-16-13, 03:22 PM
Hi

do you guys have any photos of them or maybe some info about who has them today ?

Here is a scan (sorry for the cut, it wouldn't all fit on my scanner and I don't know how to join them) from a Canadian classic car magazine called Old Autos from Aug , 2011 that has a good article on Jimi's Vettes....

stplsd
04-16-13, 05:46 PM
Here is a scan (sorry for the cut, it wouldn't all fit on my scanner and I don't know how to join them) from a Canadian classic car magazine called Old Autos from Aug , 2011 that has a good article on Jimi's Vettes....

Thanks, quite informative. But the 1st one wasn't "dark blue" it was Le Mans blue, a beautful bright blue metallic finish. And that's a lot of pish about him not having time to drive it after Harlem, he spent much/most? of his time in and around New York until he left for England.
And that's a lot of tired pish about Jefferey as well.

All the known details on the two cars are in UV #31

pederpropell
04-16-13, 06:50 PM
Thanks, quite informative. But the 1st one wasn't "dark blue" it was Le Mans blue, a beautful bright blue metallic finish. And that's a lot of pish about him not having time to drive it after Harlem, he spent much/most? of his time in and around New York until he left for England.
And that's a lot of tired pish about Jefferey as well.

All the known details on the two cars are in UV #31

Yes.. keep on dreamin about Jimis cars; why dont you folks wake up??????? Jimis Cars.... TV???????

stplsd
04-17-13, 02:15 PM
Yes.. keep on dreamin about Jimis cars; why dont you folks wake up??????? Jimis Cars.... TV???????

Why don't you go back to sleep. Sounds like Mr grumpy needs his nap;)

pederpropell
04-17-13, 07:25 PM
:beguiled:
Why don't you go back to sleep. Sounds like Mr grumpy needs his nap;)

Right! Just getting too late and tired of subjects going nowhere. To find out; why don`t "someone" just fint out the chassis numer on the cars Jimi bought? Over in Europe every vehickle has it own uniqe chassis number.. there must be a copy of the receipt from where the car were bought?? Didn`t it end up in a auction a few years back?? .. or we know the store it/they were boght?? There are vintage cars forums and so forth who would help out??

Pederpropell

hyper_hippie
04-17-13, 11:07 PM
... the 1st one wasn't "dark blue" it was Le Mans blue, a beautful bright blue metallic finish.

I agree. As an owner of a Corvette from that period - mine was Ontario orange - I know that many of the colors were named after U.S. motor speedways, and LeMans was what General Motors called its blue for their 1968 Corvette..... there were many other speedways used as the first word in the 2 word color description, including Bryar, Elkhart, Sebring... each came with a corresponding interior color arrangement for door trim, dash, seats, carpeting, etc. For LeMans Blue, it would have had black seats; at least, that's what came with the 350cc model, and yes, it wasn't dark blue but a glowing softer blue.

I remember when we discussed Jimi's Corvettes at some length on Electric Sky Church.

I know that the film Terms of Endearment was later in 1983, where Jack Nicholson drives his Corvette on the beach by sitting on the roof behind the removed T tops, and steering with his feet, but perhaps Jimi thought of it on his own, and that was the reason for him crashing... I have firsthand knowledge that this is fairly easy and fun, as long as the Vette has automatic transmission, which the 350's had... but you can't drive too fast, or be really stoned, ha ha.... I wouldn't recommend trying it if you're tripping...

RobbieRadio
04-29-13, 07:51 PM
Jimi Hendrix 1969 vehicle registration sells for $2,250 on Ebay.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimi-hendrix-vehicle-registration-sells-over-two-grand-ebay/