PDA

View Full Version : Newport...

Trotzkee
05-06-09, 07:04 PM
June 22...I thought for a long time that the recording in my collection represented what exists, but there appears to be more! What I have, as well as the recording I recently saw on Pink Robert, both have fade outs/ins. Only once I watched jamminjimi's updated The Things I Used To Do did I realize that there is more...Whereas my recording of TTIUTD fades out after 6:13, jamminjimi's video lasts another couple of minutes. Who knows what else is missing in my version!

I did a few searches, but everyone wants only to sell me stuff. Hopefully someone here can help me, as the Newport jam is one of my favorites, and I wish to complete it! So, where exactly is the most complete Newport reel?

:thayou219bl:

Olvator
05-06-09, 07:36 PM
I did a few searches, but everyone wants only to sell me stuff. Hopefully someone here can help me, as the Newport jam is one of my favorites, and I wish to complete it! So, where exactly is the most complete Newport reel?

:thayou219bl:

well the one that I have is here:

http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=63&highlight=newport

i never really checked the fadi ins / outs....but there seem to be all available versions of this jam on this disc. Film source / soundboard source, so go check it out.

I wonder why no audience source has popped up from June 22nd yet. I am pretty convinced there has to be one. Same for a complete Woodstock audience tape.

Trotzkee
05-06-09, 07:52 PM
WHOA, I did not see that one! I searched "Newport" on this site under audio, but completely missed that. I apologize for my carelessness, and thank you for your help! I will check it out now.

Trotzkee
05-07-09, 07:42 PM
Spectacular, that torrent appears to have everything I imagined I was missing...