PDA

View Full Version : Rock Prophecy Fairchild anyone?

stplsd
05-17-09, 03:59 PM
Anyone out there got a copy?

Ayler
05-17-09, 04:45 PM
No. But I think he wrote 2 of the best articles I ever read about Jimi:

In this one, he select the best concerts from 1969 to 1970 - a VERY good choise IMHO.
http://www.rockprophecy.com/unknown.html
http://www.rockprophecy.com/unknown2.html

In this one, he says why the Cry Of Love Tour was great (and that his decline was a legend):
http://www.rockprophecy.com/hendrix70.html
http://www.rockprophecy.com/hendrix70b.html

stplsd
05-17-09, 05:28 PM
I already posted a link to his most interesting and informative article on Jimi's apparently revolutionary discovery of the wah-wah and fuzz pedal, which you might enjoy. He is also a most excellent interpreter of Jimi's music judging by the one piece I've heard - machine gun. But unfortunately he doesn't explain some of his quite dubious connections between seemingly unconnected or insignificant events and Jimi in his CD cover notes, and appears to have become quite paranoid. No doubt due to his treatment by those in control of Jimi's estate over the years. And especially the lack of recognition in the part he played in investigating by himself and also his efforts in publicising Kathy and Dee's uncovering of the disgraceful lack of investigation over the circumstances surrounding Jimi's death by the coroner Gavin Thurston etc. and highlighting the media's damning insuations that he died of an overdose of "!DRUGS!" (IE AKA - HEROIN)
Tony Brown failed to mention him in his book on this subject (but then Tony was not too hot on sources anyway! so he shouldn't take it personal)

stplsd
05-17-09, 06:19 PM
No. But I think he wrote 2 of the best articles I ever read about Jimi:

In this one, he select the best concerts from 1969 to 1970 - a VERY good choise IMHO.
http://www.rockprophecy.com/unknown.html
http://www.rockprophecy.com/unknown2.html

A good choice from a man that can actually feel and play the music, no doubt, but it will always be a personal thing, I ain't got the time right now.

In this one, he says why the Cry Of Love Tour was great (and that his decline was a legend):
http://www.rockprophecy.com/hendrix70.html
http://www.rockprophecy.com/hendrix70b.html

Well, we all know that the "decline" bit is posthumous merde 'cause he was dead. There is no reasonable analysis of his work in the preceding year to his death that could possibly warrant that "pop music rag, drama" assertion, if anything it's the opposite. His US tour was almost deleriously recieved amidst large numbers of "fans" unable to gain tickets to the sold out shows fighting police etc outside with the attendant teargas, batons, arrests, etc. And with several recorded concerts featuring the audience singing thoughout some, if not all the songs, and with Jimi's stage banter having them in his palm. So, 3 of his European gigs, out of six in total? were not his best and he messed up Arhus big style, but IOW (where he fought and won - just!) Copenhagen (return from the dead to a rapturous audience, although ragged, but nobody was giving a flying feck, least of all Jimi) and Fehmarn (his best, where under duress (booing) from the audience he soberly asserted himself by telling them to fuck off and won them over by his playing) were mind blowing and the highlight - if you weren't too stoned/tired/soaked from the rain etc. Robin Trower even said that Jimi's way below par concert in Berlin was to him seeing the master in action, funnily enough Mitch remembers this was one of their best (obviously a confusion for Copenhagen or Fehmarn)

So, condemned for being completely shit faced at one concert in his career and obviously a bit "out of it" in varying degrees at most of the other, ooh, what was it? six concerts? "Oh his career's over, he played a couple of bum gigs in Europe, drama" bollocks! get real, you running dog, scab, trash "rock press" hacks!

scoutship
05-17-09, 06:36 PM
And especially the lack of recognition in the part he played in investigating by himself

Is that true, then? In what way? That is, how does it align with Kathy E's own story of Noel being the almost inadvertent spur, or am I mixing up two different investigations? Kathy was pretty peeved, afterall, when EH misrepresented things per what some mere "fanzine editors" had been promulgating, and got to shoot off a published rebuttal in the 3rd ish, I think it was, of that mag series.

Fairchild has written some stellar pieces re JH, at the same time some of the most abominable, and there is some question about his so-called "treatment" by various parties in contradistinction to his perceptions of same.

stplsd
05-17-09, 07:08 PM
Is that true, then? In what way? That is, how does it align with Kathy E's own story of Noel being the almost inadvertent spur, or am I mixing up two different investigations? Kathy was pretty peeved, afterall, when EH misrepresented things per what some mere "fanzine editors" had been promulgating, and got to shoot off a published rebuttal in the 3rd ish, I think it was, of that mag series.

Fairchild has written some stellar pieces re JH, at the same time some of the most abominable, and there is some question about his so-called "treatment" by various parties in contradistinction to his perceptions of same.

Man, it's hard to get to grips with your prose (style?)!
I've checked out the "rockprophecy" site, in this regard he is obsessed (understandably?) with his own lack of recognition, but when he gets down to the nitty gritty he only claims some apparently important insights (which appear to be uncontestable.) His main gripe is that it was he who brought Kathy & Dee's investigations to the attention of the public and therefore the the authorities in the Uk and that their investigation into the case, without his publicity would have sunk without trace, And Tony doesn't credit him

scoutship
05-17-09, 07:49 PM
His main gripe is that it was he who brought Kathy & Dee's investigations to the attention of the public and therefore the the authorities in the Uk and that their investigation into the case, without his publicity would have sunk without trace

He's credible on this point why, then? Noel was threatened with potentially losing everything by Monika's people, are you familiar with Kathy's recollections of all that?

Hard not to think MF was after at least as much pub & cred for himself. I wonder when he went bonkers precisely and started finding all those prophecies and such. Wow. Did he try a few tabs his own self at some point the better to "see into" Hendrix' work, I wonder?

Strange days have found us...

stplsd
05-17-09, 08:33 PM
Where's Kathy's reference to Noel and "Monika's people"? so weird! must read this!

If you done a lot o work it's not unatural to want credit & not someone else take it. I would imagine Michael had indulged in at least a few tabs in the 60's/70's. How old is he? the way he talks I just imagined he was just a little older than me and got to see Jimi, but then I look at his performance video (excellent) but he just looks way too young? Maybe you're right he decided to take that trip to get "closer" to Jimi and went overboard!

What has Noel got to do with this? What could Noel possibly stand to lose? he, as far as I can see got nothing after he was conned into flogging his inheritance? I have never seen his name mentioned in respect to the uncovering of what Dee, Kathy & co (Fairchild? [publicity?])found, he wasn't even in the same country, as far as I know?

scoutship
05-17-09, 08:59 PM
What has Noel got to do with this? What could Noel possibly stand to lose? etc

I've not read Kathy's highly-p!ssed off letter in some time but as I recall, and I know I'm fairly spot on, it was some things he put in his book that spurred the lawsuit by Monika which delayed its publication in the States that got him calling up Kathy desperate and in tears (pretty sure Carol A. had just died) pleading for help, spurring her into action which, iirr, began to open up new facets of the inquest investigation.

No damm way I'm typing all that out and everyone b!tches about inferiour scans but it's out there in the early copies of Experience Hendrix magazine if anyone else has access.

stplsd
05-17-09, 09:13 PM
Veeerryy interestingk! - but not funny!
EXP Hendrix mag? I wish now I'd subscibed to this and to 'Straight Ahead' (they just looked so crap! well, they were really, by all accounts, but then there were those interviews, not that many of any worth, I hope?) Where's the bit about Noel phoning Kathy? not Noel or Kathy's book is it?

scoutship
05-18-09, 10:29 AM
Straight Ahead was good for its recordings database. EH mag was primarily rubbish but did contain a few gems if one knew enough of the Hendrix Saga to have a sense of what to make of them. Interviews with Marron re EL Studios, Kramer, pieces on Band of Gypsys and the MLK assassination (3 photos of Jimi's Newark concert in there, btw) and so on.

Noel had been serve a Writ of Libel for writing that Monika had gone out for cigs & left Jimi alone, became terrified he might lose his house (Carol A had just died), the one thing he had to show for his years with the Experience, rang up Kathy in tears but certain that Monika's version of events was bullsh!t and how could they prove it for a court of law? This was how Kathy first became aware of, among other things, the 6 different versions of Monika's manuscript that had been making rounds etc and she states that the more she learned the more utterly horrified she became at what this woman had been up to behind scenes.

I've seen Fairchild's stuff like his interview of Kathy on the ambulance drivers & Animals crew brought in to clean up the apt ETC but as far as I can tell he only came in AFTER the initial events had been in motion for some time....and don't know specifically who Kathy might be talking about but she was frankly greatly ticked at the very people who had been perpetuating various falsehoods but should, of anyone, have known better, "fanzine editors"! lol

Anyway pick it up if you can, began with the first ish (had another look late last evening) when EH printed an In Memoriam piece on Monika (boy did Al and Janie buy into Monika's crap or what?) then Kathy fired back in ish 2 with her stern rebuttal (EH apologizing for its role blah blah).

stplsd
05-18-09, 07:06 PM
Straight Ahead was good for its recordings database. EH mag was primarily rubbish but did contain a few gems if one knew enough of the Hendrix Saga to have a sense of what to make of them. Interviews with Marron re EL Studios, Kramer, pieces on Band of Gypsys and the MLK assassination (3 photos of Jimi's Newark concert in there, btw) and so on.

Many thanks for the stuff about poor Noel and this being the catalyst for Kathy starting her investigation, she does appear to have had a soft spot for Noel. I knew about Al swallowing Monika's bullshit but didn't realise Janie fell for it too. Interesting that EH (ie Janie) actually apologized! my my!

scoutship
05-18-09, 10:20 PM
"Some of our information was culled from articles which may have drawn on items published in the U.K. long ago. We sincerely apologize to Kathy Etchingham for any errors or inaccuracies which unintentionally resulted."

And from Kathy's reply:

"I am concerned that the media's misrepresentations of Jimi's character have created an entirely false persona for him that your magazine does not seem to be correcting.

I am concerned that my struggle to prevent Ms Danneman slandering me and libeling me should be so misrepresented by your magazine that you, in effect, repeat her defamations of me. I understand that you are not a trained journalist and are probably unaware of the dangers inherent in repeating unchecked stories."

It's a long letter, though, those are two short paragraphs out of seventeen sometimes quite lengthy ones. Quite a lot of eye opening detail about how things actually went down once Kathy, who'd essentially been 'out of the loop' post 1970, began to look into things for Noel in '91, including events subsequent to a strange meeting Monika had set up for recording involving Kathy, Mitch, and Noel in 1981.

It was Kathy filed the application for the review of the inquest, can't see at all where she ever needed/wanted help from Fairchild. And it's funny that in the "Last 24 Hours" piece of crap Steven Roby is then the one taking credit for doing the work alongside Kathy. And who isn't aware how the editor of Univibes has continued to stick by Monika's story up to, afaik, present day?

"I told him that I would look into it, but what we found out has become subject to distortion and censorship by the very people who should know better---fanzine editors."

"...What can I do about "historians" whose obsessions with all things Jimi Hendrix overrides their common sense and who uncritically parrot tabloid newspaper articles?

One gets the impression that they wish to censor and control information. The truth is sidelined in favor of what they want to hear."

Ironic who she's talking to with that last bit back in spring '97 as Janie's revisionist tactics (as for example her asserting in fall '95 that The Wind Cries Mary was actually about the Virgin Mary) had not yet fully taken flight. The groundwork for much of it being clearly apparent in the intro segment of the 'Cherokee Mist' compilation, however.

karsten
05-20-09, 06:09 AM
What's up with MF's Last 24 Seconds video?
Is it a joke?
Gerry Stickells murdering Jimi for making fun of Gerry and Eric Barrett at Fehmarn..?

stplsd
05-20-09, 05:06 PM
^
Truly mental stuff

Trotzkee
05-20-09, 06:37 PM
What's up with MF's Last 24 Seconds video?
Is it a joke?
Gerry Stickells murdering Jimi for making fun of Gerry and Eric Barrett at Fehmarn..?

Clearly, it is satire. I don't feel the need to explain why it is satire.

stplsd
05-20-09, 09:24 PM
"Jimi poceeds to taunt the lovebirds (Stickells & Barret) with obscene sexual gestures" (Foxy Lady) Ahh-ha-ha-ha! mental

ilovejimi
05-20-09, 09:32 PM
lol-- that is a cool avatar-- what is that anyway:wave:

jms8250
05-24-09, 09:37 AM
I recently looked into the Rock Prophecy stuff, I am not an expert on the matter. Below are my opinions and ideas and what facts I was able to glean. Please correct or improve upon them.. I'm sure some of you understand this better than I do.

I remember MF from the early 90s when they released the Hendrix Exp's first 3 CDs with new covers and he did these wonderful linear notes. His writings for the Blues CD was his best work as far as I am concerned. He goes overboard sometimes but the energy and information in the articles are brilliant. His notes inside the Stages CDs are as good also very good. Actually, the Stages Linear notes were a book in themselves. Not to much spiritualism but mostly deals with the social and historical situations that were going on at the time of each of the stages shows presented in the boxset. He also details relevant Hendrix interview material and "goings on" within the band that surrounded each concert. Later, MF wrote a great guitar magazine article on Hendrix's live music and bootlegs. This article has great info on his live sets and it is very clear that he is an expert on Hendrix live recordings. He knows all the recordings of each song and can rank order them. Much of the music he claimed to be the best was later released or are amoung the most popular bootlegs. He did another quite impressive article on the gear of Hendrix; not perfect from my point of view but better than most treatments. Very historical. Another important writing he did, I'm not sure where it was published, was a piece on how the press made post- AXis Bold s Love Hendrix look like a burnout who had lost his musical vision and direction. MF clearly writes the facts and events to show this is just not the case. I think one of the best points he makes was a lot of the perception of Hendrix being a burn-out or uninspired simply came from the hectic touring schedule. Hendrix usually did blocks of 31 shows in 29 days! Further, the amplification became worn out and less musical and reliable as a tour wore on. Its not hard to realize a lot of these points (although the media in 69 couldn't) however MF did a brilliant job of writing all this up. He wrote this artical at a time when it was simply his word against the medias. It was before the internet and before a lot of the recordings available today were able to prove the media was screwing Jimi's image.I was aware of Hendrix's touring being part of his problems myself but having said this, I was further enlightened after reading the MF article. Again, he is an excellent Hendrix historian. He has done a lot to keep his legacy alive. Especially in the early 90s when there was a Hendrix revival of sorts. That's when I came up as a new guitar player and Hendrix Fan. Before the 90s all we had were SMash Hits. Concerts was out of print as well as all the other posthumous stuff. Stages, the original Radio One, and the re release of the 3 Experience CDs were very important releases at the time. I'm a blues histrean and collector now and I learned about the blues from JH Blues CD and MF notes. They are what they are....

MF was 2nd in command of the group that owned Hendrix's music at the time when Al Hendrix started trying to get it back. When they guy from Microsoft, Paul Allen backed the lawsuit that gave Hendrix's music back to the family, MF lost his job. MF also was linked to Allen because he helped Allen source many of the prized Hendrix artifact collection that are now in the JH museum in Seattle. He claims he was never paid. MF claims that he was soon to be in charge of the Hendrix legacy and he was left with nothing when Hendrix's music was returned to the family and Experience Hendrix LTD was formed. MF is very bitter about this. We all know what Hendrix says about being bitter: "If you start thinking negative, it switches to bitterness, aggression, hatred, whatever." - Jimi

So, yea, MF did a lot of great writing and other stuff that represents quite an achievement for preserving and educating kids on the Hendrix Legacy. Not everybody, but teenagers in the 1990s, kids in my situation learned a lot about how great he was from MFs writings. However, he seems to have gone a bit cookoo when he wrote RockProphacy. I do not think tying Hendrixes name in with MF's theory that an asteroid will destroy the earth in 2029 is good for Hendrix's legacy and personally I do not think hendrix predicted that this would occur. Not in the way MF claims at least. I could tell by MF's introduction to Cherokee Mist that he had changed--that introduction was just rubbish. Not like the notes for Stages or Electric Ladyland and the JH Blues CD. Maybe he is mentally ill now. Cherokee Mist (a really cool book, BTW) show some Hendrix's screenplay called Moondust. From Moondust MF put together the idea that Jimi was trying to tell us that an asteroid is going to hit the earth. Life on planets evolve for the purpose of protecting planets from asteroid strikes via technology. Microsoft and our "denominator" culture as a whole is preventing this natural form of evolution to occur. This is what MF says. At the time he wrote the book a giant asteroid really was discovered by NASA and it will pass really close to the earth around the time MF predicts. MF claims he wrote the book before NASA released this information. Further, he claims that all the media stuff we see on the news,history channel, and movies are inspired by his book. He claims some of the media and movies are disinformation to ridicule his ideas. MF does at least understand how our government uses the media and disinformation campaigns. Yet he ignores the possibility that the asteroid discovery itself by NAsA may have sparked all the asteroid movies and media. Doh! HE claims all this asteroid attention is being used against him to discredit rock prophecy. HE asserts that Paul Allen is behind it all. He also insists that the previous MCA catalog going out of print to make way for the new EXP Hendrix LTD was a campaign to rid the world of his writings.

I wish I would have thought about doing this last time I got canned from a job. Hmmmm, Next person to give me negative feedback on ebay better watch out....lol

MF really has a thing against paul allen. He says that Allens PBS documentary on the blues is an attack on his thesis written in the JH Blues CD. First the CD was taken out of print, the Allen releases his documentary. This is to cover up and hide from future generations the ideas MF writes about in the blues cds linear notes. Now, I have read and REALLY enjoyed the linear notes in the BLUES CD. Its a good read. I don't agree with all if it but its cool. So is the Paul Allen Movie. THis is the documentary where Son House talks about "everyday sort of blues" and the "real blues", I just love Son House. Anyway, I do not understand what is so important about the JH Blues essay and how the Allen documentary is contradicting it? Can some one please enlighten me on this?

Man, this story can go on and on and on. I got into this because I noticed MF gets a lot of bad press on Amazon in the user reviews. I thought his writings in the Hendrix Linear notes were cool, even if a little out there at times, and at least they were more entertaining that some of the current linear notes. I wondered what the deal was . Then I fiind all this RockProphacy nonsense. OMG!

I wont even go into how the book The Davenci(sp??) Code is a ripoff of Rock Prophacy, MF shows you line by line and his evidence, to me, looked really weak.

I Think MF getting screwed over by billionaire paul allen drove him crazy. He did some good work and he's an important historian. But he really hurt Jimi's legacy with RockProphacy. Hendrix never went on a mission to warn the earth that an asteroid was coming. He was a very spiritual person and I think he might have believed in things like projection and astral travel but that's his business. He kept it to himself. MF's RockProphacy in my opinion is in poor taste. TO say the least....

ITs too bad that there are so many feuding camps trying to maintain Jimi Legacy. His true Legacy must be within the hands of his fans. As far as I am concerned we are the only ones doing he job right!

OH, get this one last things. MF claims that Yahoo has blocked his website from their search engine via Paul Allen's request. I have not followed up on this but I did figure I could get some clarification on all this from Wikapedia and I could not find a Wikapedia listing for MF. I find that interesting....Hmmm. I did not try to hard. Maybe Rock Prophacy and MF are on Wikapedia. Let me know if you find it. THen again who cares. After all the great writing he did for Jimi he should be ashamed of himself for using Jimi towards an agenda like this.

Poor Jimi.

jms
www.peerlesstone.com (http://www.peerlesstone.com)

DevilsAvocado
05-24-09, 12:39 PM
The man (MF) is paranoid and delusional, bordering on deeply psychotic, i suspect...

Doron
06-11-09, 02:00 PM
I dug out my :blues copy yesterday, but couldn't find his name there.

guitarbear
02-14-10, 03:01 PM
I'm new, but this discussion helped me. I was really disturbed by Rock Prophecy, thanks for condensing it a bit. Although revelatory, I would warn anyone about reading those ambulance driver interviews.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

purple jim
02-14-10, 03:47 PM
HI guitarbear ! Welcome aboard.

scoutship
02-14-10, 04:41 PM
MF really has a thing against paul allen. He says that Allens PBS documentary on the blues is an attack on his thesis written in the JH Blues CD

Funny how that is.

Tangent-wise while remaining pert to this thread, the Illustrated Experience interactive pak put out by Janie & McD was supposed to be her "rebuttal" to some stuff Charles Cross had written in his JH bio. If so, she missed a big chance.

And again with just the excerpt from that letter home. Does she think that fooled anyone?

She must have a lot to hide. ;p