PDA

View Full Version : Some reactions?

Ayler
05-18-09, 02:59 PM
About this article:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/05/jimi_hendrix_the_rightwing_flo.html

stplsd
05-18-09, 05:48 PM
Just taking some sentences out of context and sticking their own twisted concluson above it in big letters. Crude propaganda.

The interviews from the contemporary newspaper are most welcome though, pity they're a bit cut. Thanks

MourningStar
05-18-09, 11:07 PM
I like Mitch's statement : "We never really formed." Cannot agree more. And as to allusions to a future Hendrix 'solo' album. In my book, all his output was solo really, ya know? ... a Jimi Hendrix experience ...

peace,

jms8250
05-19-09, 07:50 PM
Hendrix was WAY ABOVE all that stuff. The guy in the plastic cage who wrote that is just another example of a someone who is asleep. For one to go to the trouble of writing all of Hendrix's quotes up like that and not get it really makes me feel sad.

stplsd
05-20-09, 06:57 PM
^
Oh, I'm sure they get it alright, but they're just clumsily twisting it to fit their evil agenda.

stplsd
05-20-09, 06:59 PM
I like Mitch's statement : "We never really formed." Cannot agree more. And as to allusions to a future Hendrix 'solo' album. In my book, all his output was solo really, ya know? ... a Jimi Hendrix experience ...

peace,

I'll second that

63strat
05-21-09, 11:25 PM
Ya know Jimi was apolitical pretty much. As much as one of his position could be in such a politically turbulent time as the late 60's. He was a former Screaming Eagle and loved his country obviously. His Father had served and so had Billy Cox, his one of few ACTUAL friends. So clearly there was some Patriotism in His heart. I personally think he might have been pretty disgusted with both sides of the aisle. Seeing gridlock (which ain't necessarily bad actually) on things in Government. And generally seeing Government and Politics as something divisive. Thus the Apolitical stance. Yet he was drug into some things,ie:UBA,Black Panthers stuff. I've always felt myself he probably could take it or leave it on that stuff. He did seem to be quite "color blind" in life about friends,music buddies, and such. Truly the way to be. So in many ways he was somewhat conservative on some things and maybe not on others. He was big on thinking outside of the box and being an Individual and a true Entrepeneur sp? Something that makes him a Small Business owner in his day. He worked for himself pretty much.A leader not a follower in his field. Though he was poor at his business practices, he more than made up for it in being so incredible at his work. He needed proper Management and some rest. But like the rest of us, he was his own worst enemy on some stuff. And his concerts had EVERYBODY there. All ages,colors,creeds. It's about the music really. The music is what matters.He united folks with music,conservative,liberal,white,black,old,young.
Sad that so many have such poor and/or incorrect knowledge about conservatism and think it's something evil or bad.

Nonhuman
05-22-09, 05:25 AM
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it. - Ayn Rand