PDA

View Full Version : Temple Stadium 5-16-1970

Chas J.
03-03-08, 08:35 PM
Hi all,

This looks like a great forum. I was a long time collecter of Jimi stuff, 1973-1992. Basically anything Jimi related, I had it. Books, magazines, newspaper clippings, photo's, autographs, concert tapes on reel to reel and cassette and CD, video's, posters, ticket stubs, etc. etc. I was obsessed.
But it was a good obsession :-) Sold it all to a Japanese collecter in 1992. Pre-Internet days :-0 He actually flew in from Japan.

Nowadays once in awhile I like to listen to some Jimi concert stuff but I don't really collect anymore. I've probably heard 95% of the studio stuff and about 98% of the live stuff, (even things like scraps of 5 minutes from Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis 1969 and 5 min from Tuscaloosa 5-69.)

Now and then some bits and pieces emerge into the sunlight from the bottom of the sea that's what is so cool about Jimi. My wet dream ;-) is to hear Albuquerque 6/19/1970, Ventura 6/21/1970, or Red Rocks 6/23/1970.

Anyway, I got a jones to hear this Temple Stadium concert by Jimi has anyone uploaded it here? It has a great version of Red House.

cheers!

Steev
03-20-08, 07:36 PM
Chas - I just joined today after inquiring about this specific concert at a site I found while surfing the www. I believe my new "friend" is a member here. I am "desperately" looking for a copy of the Temple Philly show as it is the only time I ever got to see Jimi. I have been looking for a copy ever since. I'm not exactly sure of the dynamics of this site yet, so I suppose I'm asking (pleading) for someone to let me know if a copy is available. I have a number of bootlegs I would be happy to upload but I'm sure they're shows everybody's had for years. My favorite being Amsterdam 68' where JH announces the 1st ever live performance of Burning of the Midnight Lamp. If someone could help me get started (especially for the Temple show) I'd be much obliged! Thanx MUCH :-)

Olvator
03-21-08, 06:46 PM
Chas - I just joined today after inquiring about this specific concert at a site I found while surfing the www. I believe my new "friend" is a member here. I am "desperately" looking for a copy of the Temple Philly show as it is the only time I ever got to see Jimi. I have been looking for a copy ever since. I'm not exactly sure of the dynamics of this site yet, so I suppose I'm asking (pleading) for someone to let me know if a copy is available. I have a number of bootlegs I would be happy to upload but I'm sure they're shows everybody's had for years. My favorite being Amsterdam 68' where JH announces the 1st ever live performance of Burning of the Midnight Lamp. If someone could help me get started (especially for the Temple show) I'd be much obliged! Thanx MUCH :-)

first...i can upload the temple show, no problem!

second, regarding Chas jīs comment, i would love to hear those snippets of tuscaloosa 69 and kiel auditorium (??) as well!!! shit, man, you had some uncirculated stuff there!

now back to this post. i donīt think you really meant amsterdam 68, but probably paris 67 (?? not sure which show that exactly was) but there is no amsterdam 68 as far as i know.

have fun with the temple Philly show...

best, Olvatore

johanincr
03-22-08, 03:17 AM
The show/boot called Amsterdam68 is in fact Stockholm 5 sept 67.
Hendrix didnt visit Holland after 1967.

Also, the others are fakes ! :-(

Memorial Coliseum, Tuscaloosa, AL 15.05.69
Fake recording circulated in the early 1990's. This tape is merely a edited mix of recordings from Boston, MA 16.11.68 (http://www.crosstowntorrents.org/#patriot) and Philadelphia, PA 12.04.69 (http://www.crosstowntorrents.org/#lip).

St.Louis 23.05.70
Fake recording circulated in the early 1990's. The actual St.Louis show was cancelled due to illness and this is a recording of Randy Hansen.-

Steev
03-24-08, 09:31 AM
Olvatore & Johann:
OK - The LP, which I will get back (with the rest of them) tomorrow from my dad's is the TAKRL Pipe Dreams LP which I believe was the Stockholm 1967 show. So THANK YOU! I also have some problems/questions which I need to ask for help.
FIRST: The Temple show was more listenable than MUCH of what I've heard and it brought back memories that resulted in much tear wiping. So thank you more than words can say. The Machine Gun from that show (which about 6 people clapped at the end-Band of Gypsy's had only been out about 6 days, and every body in the section I personally was in, right up front, was simply tripping their brains out) was one of the best versions of that toon I've ever heard. I'll type more memories of that show later, including my being the 2nd person to get in & being slipped something by a stranger (Joe) that day myself . . . :-[
What I have: The Pipe Dreams LP, Maui Soundchecks, The 2LP Forum '70 show (The one with the purple UK Electric Ladyland face on the front) which have all been played once & put away (a couple others) & the Stockholm Jan '69 DVD which reveals a HUGELY unhappy JH who walked off at the end of the show as the MC was trying to get them back for an encore. You can just feel the frustration and/or the walls caving in on him. Sad to watch.
ANYWAY-The tech questions/problems: Being a musician, I am ignorant to everything except things that make a noise . . . I want to be able to upload what I have, if needed & help keep this site working the way you guys intended. Not merely to keep my "Ratio" up (I'm not concerned with that) but to help share the way you guys did for me.
Knowing you all have what I already own, If I merely keep the items I already got here, in my shared folder, will it help the seeds? Or if not, what must I do? If so, can the FLAC folders be taken out & put back in as I see a request? My laptop will fill up rather quickly at this point.
Next: This is my main question & is how I got my files from this site so far.
When I clicked the links here, Say the Temple Show, It saved the Torrent Icon to my Download folder (Mac-of course). When I double clicked it, it opened Limewire (which I have not used in years) and proceeded to download the complete files. When it was done, I used xACT to decode into AIFF & made Audio CD's. Is what I did Kosher? or is there a system I'm supposed to use that is more "respected" or the intended method? When I checked Limewire's uploads page, as it was working, it listed that other people were also taking the files from me (uploading). Are these the people you want to have it, or should I be doing this within the site? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right & that I'm getting the proper "credit" ;-]

This went on longer than I wanted & I've got to get my day going. Thanx again for everything & if this made any sense, let me know what help any of you can give me. Thanx again for "Crack in the Liberty Bell".
Peace - Steve

Chas J.
03-24-08, 05:06 PM
Hello,

I guess should explain. Im an American from California, I live in Chile now. As a kid when I was collecting Jimi stuff I lived in Cali. :-)

OK. I had a 5 minute snippet of tape of Jimi from Kiel aud. in 1969, not 1970. It exists, or it did, anyway, 16 years ago when I stopped collecting. I know the 5/1970 gig in St. Louis was cancelled. I aint talking about that one.

The Tuscaloosa 5/69 exists also. Believe me, I know what Boston68 and Philly69 sound like. This was not either. It was five minutes, one song, I dont remember which song. It was just a stray on a 90 minute cassette of stray random Jimi live gig stuff - I didnt know these short tape snippets were such a big deal.

Also, I had 10 minutes from the Salvation? or Scene? club Sept. 10th 1969. The song was Earth Blues. Jimiīs vocal mic was out so its an instrumental.

Those all exist. Or they did when I was collecting anyway. I bought a lot of my tapes in the 1970s and 1980s. I imagine there is a lot of Jimi stuff still out there that is not weell known.

Cheers, thanks for the Temple upload.

Chas.

Olompali
03-24-08, 08:35 PM
Thanks for this seed