PDA

View Full Version : The lost Jimi/Love session has surfaced

Roland Stone
07-09-09, 09:44 AM
After all these years, the lost Love sessions have finally surfaced. An acetate of Everlasting First/Ezy Rider/Jam has been offered on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270414450771&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR4 0%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D27041445077 1%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270414450771&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR4 0%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D27041445077 1%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1)

Starting bid is $499. I don't know whether it has a higher reserve price. The seller is communicative. He says he got the acetate directly from Bob Krassnow shortly after the session was completed. Another friend of mine wrote him and was told that the soundfile (but not the acetate itself) may be donated to Arthur Lee's widow. So with any luck maybe it will appear on her love website someday.

manfree
07-09-09, 10:26 AM
WOW! and to think only a day or two ago I craved for somthing new. I would Love to hear this in it`s entirety

Olvator
07-09-09, 01:45 PM
HOLY SHIT, if this really is what it claims to be....I think I am going crazy.

There was an Ezy Rider version also on the Vindicator album, but that one was (to the best of my knowledge) w/out Jimi...it would be nice if the seller could put up very short mp3 snippets of the remaining two tracks....to be sure this is the real deal.

I would throw in some money to buy this piece of history, but i guess any attempts might be in vain, as I am sure EH or Paul Allen will make sure they bid more. Pretty imppossible that they have not been made aware of this yet. Letīs see.

Chris M
07-09-09, 02:22 PM
FWIW the master tapes from that session still exist. Basically there are a few versions of Everlasting First, Ezy Ryder and a 10 minute jam. Not 100% sure but I think EH has them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are released as a comp of Jimi's session work one day.

Olvator
07-09-09, 03:18 PM
Not 100% sure but I think EH has them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are released as a comp of Jimi's session work one day.

didnīt know that....can someone confirm this? hopefully you are right, and we will some day finally see this....

manfree
07-09-09, 03:28 PM
FWIW the master tapes from that session still exist. Basically there are a few versions of Everlasting First, Ezy Ryder and a 10 minute jam. Not 100% sure but I think EH has them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are released as a comp of Jimi's session work one day.
Sorry, But I would be VERY surprised

Chris M
07-09-09, 07:18 PM
Sorry, But I would be VERY surprised

It might not happen but the tapes absolutely 100% still exist and are accounted for. I'd like to hear an unaltered/unedited Everlasting First. Arthur Lee rearranged the track so it began with Jimi's solo, it wasn't recorded that way.

Roland Stone
07-09-09, 08:13 PM
I've been claiming for over 10 years that I had once seen a photograph of this acetate. Seeing the same label again on Ebay corroborates my memory, although the seller insists that what I saw was likely NOT his personal copy. He says that Krassnow made "several" of these acetates, so maybe more will come out of the woodwork now that the hoarders' dyke has sprung a leak.

Chris M
07-09-09, 09:30 PM
I've been claiming for over 10 years that I had once seen a photograph of this acetate. Seeing the same label again on Ebay corroborates my memory, although the seller insists that what I saw was likely NOT his personal copy. He says that Krassnow made "several" of these acetates, so maybe more will come out of the woodwork now that the hoarders' dyke has sprung a leak.

I've seen photos of the tape boxes and they jive with the material on the acetates.

norocker
07-09-09, 10:25 PM
I'm surprised no one has proposed putting together a bid from within this group. As best I can remember, a group of Jimi fans put up some money to purchase the Atlanta reel several years ago. I know I'd be up for putting up some money to finally hear this. Of course, we'd have to get somebody to transfer it and work out the details of "passing it on".

Chris M
07-09-09, 10:34 PM
I'm surprised no one has proposed putting together a bid from within this group. As best I can remember, a group of Jimi fans put up some money to purchase the Atlanta reel several years ago. I know I'd be up for putting up some money to finally hear this. Of course, we'd have to get somebody to transfer it and work out the details of "passing it on".

If anyone wants to do that I'm game. Nice to see someone else from Louisiana here!

Gold_And_Rose
07-10-09, 12:11 AM
well, 2 days and then some hours left. perhaps if you want to organize that, you should do it quickly, with all the details and such. If possible I'd be willing to throw in some money (IF is the key word. I havent been able to get paypal working for me >< )

Roland Stone
07-10-09, 02:01 AM
I suggest $200 pool contributions with the acetate itself going by way of a randomized lottery among the contributors with the music of course going up on CTT. If at least 4 other people are willing to donate $200, I'll join in. I'm open to suggestions as to the fairest way to conduct the lottery if we win the auction. Bidding is currently at $560.

Chris M
07-10-09, 03:30 AM
I'm game but we need to make sure we pool all our resources and aren't bidding against Jimi collectors we know.

purple jim
07-10-09, 04:24 AM
It might not happen but the tapes absolutely 100% still exist and are accounted for. I'd like to hear an unaltered/unedited Everlasting First. Arthur Lee rearranged the track so it began with Jimi's solo, it wasn't recorded that way.

That's interesting. I always thought the song was a bit bizarre in its construction.

voodoo_child58
07-10-09, 06:05 AM
I suggest $200 pool contributions with the acetate itself going by way of a randomized lottery among the contributors with the music of course going up on CTT. If at least 4 other people are willing to donate $200, I'll join in. I'm open to suggestions as to the fairest way to conduct the lottery if we win the auction. Bidding is currently at $560.

I can contribute

Olvator
07-10-09, 09:04 AM
hmmm....well, I would throw in about 100 Euros for sure....but I am doubtful about having the music up on CTT right away. I think you could trade lots of stuff with this unissued material, and it would be much more useful for that rather than circulating it right away. I would say all those who are willing to put in money should get proper copies first, and then letīs say leave it at that for at least a year or so.
I donīt want to sound like a hoarder, but seriously, why should any of us throw in serious money, just to put it up for free on CTT for everybody a week after. I would then rather wait and get it for free myself :-)). This is really sought after material, and the benefit for the Hendrix community would be much bigger, if we would start trading for other uncirculated material first.
What do you think?

Moreover, I asked the seller to provide some mp3 snippets of track 2 & 3 to make sure, that this is the real deal. I am not gonna buy a disc that has the Blue Thumb version of Everlasting First, then maybe the released Ezy Rider take plus some jam that we cannot be sure of really having Jimi on it.

The Earth Blues
07-10-09, 12:24 PM
As for the suggestions...a live webcam thing on MSN Messenger or something like that...have someone who didn't go in the bidding do it.

I'll volunteer to do that...I could just write nanes on equal size pieces of paper, throw them in a can or something, mix it up and pull one out. All live on camera with you guys watching.

That's really the fairest and truest way..

norocker
07-10-09, 01:44 PM
I'd be in for $200. As far as trade bait and all that, I don't know. The way I see it, there are likely some people who can afford to throw a little money around and some that can't. I'm not looking to really own it. Just get it into circulation.

Roland Stone
07-10-09, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately I'm flying across country this weekend. I'm sitting in Chicago airport on a layover typing this on my cellphone. When I get to my hotel tonight I'll hook up my computer and see how many donors we have. Raise your hands now if you want in. And if anyone here on CTT is bidding against us and wants us to reconsider the whole thing, speak up now!

Roland Stone
07-10-09, 02:57 PM
As for using it for trade bait, what else is really out there? The Stills sessions? The Ghetto Fighters? I don't know whether the remote possibility of getting something ultra-rare which would probably come with strings attached, is worth keeping this uncirculated. I'm more concerned we might win the auction and immediately get a cease and desist letter from EH against publishing it.

manfree
07-10-09, 05:01 PM
I agree, We`ve waited so long for "A Holy Grail" the chances of trading it for another are pretty slim. I think we should check out whether it`s what we want it to be, before talking Money-However, I`m interested in this project, but like Roland, I have concerns with regards to Janie,

Chris M
07-10-09, 05:07 PM
As for using it for trade bait, what else is really out there? The Stills sessions? The Ghetto Fighters? I don't know whether the remote possibility of getting something ultra-rare which would probably come with strings attached, is worth keeping this uncirculated. I'm more concerned we might win the auction and immediately get a cease and desist letter from EH against publishing it.

Oh man, there is all sorts of stuff "underground". The Love material would be excellent trade bait for all sorts of stuff.

Roland Stone
07-10-09, 09:52 PM
If I'm counting right, so far we have

1. Roland Stone
2. Chris M.
3. Voodoo child58
4. Olvator
5. norocker

in for $200 each? Anyone else? I guess we could put it up for a vote among the contributors as to what to do with the music after the dust settles from the auction (assuming we win.)

Any suggestions on how to handle the actual bidding and payments? I just checked and the Ebay auction is holding steady at $560, 3 bids, 2 bidders. 1 day 21 hours time left.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
07-10-09, 11:10 PM
If I'm counting right, so far we have

1. Roland Stone
2. Chris M.
3. Voodoo child58
4. Olvator
5. norocker

in for $200 each? Anyone else? I guess we could put it up for a vote among the contributors as to what to do with the music after the dust settles from the auction (assuming we win.)

Any suggestions on how to handle the actual bidding and payments? I just checked and the Ebay auction is holding steady at $560, 3 bids, 2 bidders. 1 day 21 hours time left.I would but I'm not much into paypal and etc. As fot the bidding I would wait till it's about to end to avoid any bidding wars.

ElectricWing
07-11-09, 12:53 AM
I would but I'm not much into paypal and etc. As fot the bidding I would wait till it's about to end to avoid any bidding wars.

I've used www.biddingscheduler.com for all my eBay transactions. I set it to make my bid 5 seconds before the end of auction and forget about it. Completely free as well.

As for being a donor, being a self-financed college student, $200 is a bit steep. Is there any way I can donate maybe $100 as long as there is some assurance that this will eventually make it's way to the public? I'd just like to get it out there.

yelapavision
07-11-09, 01:22 AM
If anyone wants to donate to the Acetate pool, there's one already started with a group of Jimi collectors. We've got 33 people involved so far, and anyone here is welcome to join in. The more the merrier. Who knows how much this disc will go for, so the more people who contribute, the better chance we have of winning the auction. There's no minimum amount, hey times are tough out there, you know? When you're broke ten bucks is a lot of money. If you'd like to join in, please send me a pm with your email address and the amount you'd like to contribute. If we win the auction, the acetate will be sent to everyone (the whole world for that matter).
any questions let me know. thank you,
Mike Parker
expjimi@yahoo.com

Roland Stone
07-11-09, 07:52 AM
Ok, at this point I think I'm going to withdraw from the CTT pool and defer to the other pool. I've been advised that they already have substantially more money than CTT so bidding against them would be pointless.

The Earth Blues
07-11-09, 11:17 AM
Will that pool put the audio into circulation?

johanincr
07-11-09, 11:34 AM
Will that pool put the audio into circulation?
Yes.

get in touch with expjimi if you can contribute

thanks

hawkfan369
07-11-09, 11:58 AM
:happyboy7hq: I'm good for a hundred bucks.

ElectricWing
07-12-09, 02:20 PM
For those of us who are less knowledgeable, what's the history of this recording? The only information I could find on it was on a French forum:

Arthur Lee and Love - The Hendrix Sessions (Love + Hendrix) Olympia Studios, London

The month of March 1970 must have been wild for Arthur Lee and Love! At sometime during the month of March, they jammed in the studio with Jimi. These sessions apparently were put onto an acetate, which AL brought into a radio station at a later date. The acetate was played over the air,and the radio transmission was recorded with amateur equipment, which accounts for the sound quality. It's possible that is Arthur Lee's voiceover fragment at the very beginning of Midnight Sun. There are eight tracks in all.

The material is quite interesting, and lives up to the hype about it. If it were possible to say so, I'd call it a mind-meld between the two artists. The only beef I have about it at all is that there wasn't more of it to give you.

Does this pretty much sum it up?

Roland Stone
07-12-09, 02:48 PM
The Midnight Sun sessions were mistakenly attributed to Hendrix. The genuine Love/Hendrix sessions have never circulated except for the official release of Everlasting First.

Roland Stone
07-12-09, 07:43 PM
The auction just ended at $2,025!

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
07-12-09, 07:55 PM
expjimi was the high bidder. If he keeps his word the material is going to be circulated. :)

Roland Stone
07-12-09, 07:59 PM
Most Excellent!

Roland Stone
07-12-09, 09:44 PM
I'm rather surprised that there were only 4 bidders. Even leaving aside the fact that the music was unissued, this is among the rarest pieces of vinyl in the entire Hendrix discography. So where were all the wealthy elite collectors?

ElectricWing
07-12-09, 09:48 PM
expjimi was the high bidder. If he keeps his word the material is going to be circulated. :)

Sweet! Let me know when he takes up the collection. He told me to hold off sending any money until after the auction.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
07-12-09, 11:58 PM
I'm rather surprised that there were only 4 bidders. Even leaving aside the fact that the music was unissued, this is among the rarest pieces of vinyl in the entire Hendrix discography. So where were all the wealthy elite collectors?They were probably in the group of 33 people that expjimi mentioned or they were just left in the dark ;)

Roland Stone
07-13-09, 07:31 PM
The ebay seller sent me a pm offering to sell me the music on a CD for $100! LOL!

ElectricWing
07-13-09, 08:14 PM
The ebay seller sent me a pm offering to sell me the music on a CD for $100! LOL!

Wow. That doesn't seem right. I hope we can get this out before he takes anyone's money.

Roland Stone
07-13-09, 09:46 PM
Wow. That doesn't seem right. I hope we can get this out before he takes anyone's money.

I didn't respond to his pm because I didn't want to clue him in. I don't want to do anything to jinx the sale before we've got the music under our control.

The Earth Blues
07-13-09, 09:56 PM
I didn't respond to his pm because I didn't want to clue him in. I don't want to do anything to jinx the sale before we've got the music under our control.
Smart move.

yelapavision
07-15-09, 03:34 AM
There ain't no "elite" collectors.

Olvator
07-15-09, 06:36 AM
donīt worry, to the best of my knowledge, the money has been sent to the seller, arrived, and the acetate is on its way to "us" via UPS and it has a tracking number as well. So it will just be a couple of weeks until we get it here on CTT. I guess the seller has now realized how valuable the contents of the disc are, so he tries to make a few more bucks off it. He is (what I believe) an older guy who does not know much about torrenting or trading and I canīt blame him for trying. At least he is not putting that stuff up for sale on ebay, just contacting people via PMīs. Maybe he needs money badly, who knows.

I personally donīt care if he finds 2-3 "stupid" bidders who pay him a 100 bucks for that CD. Be honest, if you would have bidden on this item, not won, and you werenīt aware of the money pool thing, wouldnīt you get that disc for a 100 bucks? I would, thatīs for sure!

yelapavision
07-18-09, 02:31 PM
The seller has reconsidered the offer (after a thoughtful email from a thoughtful collector) and will not be selling dubs of the disc.

The Earth Blues
07-24-09, 07:01 PM
When can we expect this to be uploaded somewhere?

Kevin
TheEarthBlues

dino77
07-29-09, 10:03 AM
Just curious if the disc arrived safely to the buyers?
I can actually understand if those who paid choose to "hoard" it.
In that case, if would at least be interesting with a description of the material.

cheers

Roland Stone
08-07-09, 10:45 PM
Everlasting First sounds less processed than the LP version, which is a good thing. I think Arthur probably re-did his vocal for the LP. You can hear his voice crack on this take. This one seems to last a few seconds longer and doesn't have the tape fx at the beginning either.

The two takes of Ezy Rider are tantalizing but too short. Jimi speaks and sings and it's very well recorded. Wish there was a lot more! Arthur was pissed that they didn't finish this take. He always blamed it on Jimi being too high, but Jimi sounds fine to me. I wonder if he was just reluctant to give a new song away to Arthur?

The long Jam has a few nice moments but isn't exactly ground-breaking. Sounds like three guitars, Jimi, Arthur and Frank Fayad? With Jimi carrying most of the load while the others noodle. Actually to my ears the best thing about the Jam besides Jimi himself is George Suranovich's drumming and Remi Kabaka's percusssion. Remi was/is a pro and I would have liked to hear even more of him in the mix.

Overall it's great that these tracks are finally free . . . or will be soon. :cool:

dino77
08-08-09, 04:47 AM
To me Everlasting first sounds like the same vocal take as the LP version, but the LP version has double-tracked vocals.
So a complete version of Ezy Rider wasn't recorded? Damn.
I think it sounds great. George Suranovich was a monster of a drummer.
He's much better than Mitch on Ezy Rider IMHO.
I would advice anyone who doesn't own the False Start LP to check it out. It's no Forever Changes, but packed with cool tunes like Slick Dick...Arthur was a genius, and I'm happy I was able to see him in concert before he died.

Roland Stone
08-10-09, 09:33 PM
I just had a nice visit with Remi Kabaka. He came over and I played him the entire False Start sessions.

Remi says this was the first time he'd ever heard playback of the session. He says they finished around 5 am and he never heard any playback until this afternoon. He'd never even listened to the lp version of Everlasting First.

Remi says that in addition to the musicians who played on the session, also in attendance at the studio were Steve Marriot and Monikka Danneman.

Remi says that although George Suranovich is playing drums on the two false starts of Easy Rider, its Remi playing drums on Everlasting First and the Jam! Remi described sitting at George's drum kit but with additional percussion instruments added to the kit. He says he alternated on the Jam between using sticks and playing with his hands. He says Jimi was directly in front of him and a drugged out Frank Fayad sporting a long beard was on his left. He said Frank wanted him to play real slow.

Remi says there was an additional percussionist and conga player on the jam named Lasisi Amao who at the time was playing with Steve Marriot and later was in Osibisa.

Remi says that the guitarists on the Jam are Jimi, Gary Rowles and Nooney Rickett. Arthur Lee was in the control booth during most of the Jam.

Remi says that Ezy Rider wasn't finished because Jimi and the bass player, Frank Fayad were too high and wanted to go do some more of whatever they were doing.

Remi was quite pleased to hear himself with Jimi after all these years. Of course I gave him a copy to take home. He says that Jimi left the session with Monikka and that was the last time he ever saw him.

By the way, Remi also believes Jimi was murdered by Mike Jeffreys because he wanted to change management and had been thinking about signing with Andrew Loog Oldham. But I didn't really want to talk about that, conspiracies not being my thing.

thunderbaas
08-10-09, 11:35 PM
Great info guys,makes me really curious,any chance of it turning up here at CTT in the near future? Would be great.Thanks in advance.

Thunderbaas.

johanincr
08-11-09, 01:30 AM
Hi Thunderbaas,
Yes, in the near future.
Days, not weeks.

dino77
08-11-09, 02:53 AM
Many thanks for the info, Roland!

RobbieRadio
08-11-09, 12:27 PM
Univibes Interview With Arthur Lee

UV: How did the Olympic recording session [17 March 1970] with Jimi come about)

AL: Because I knew Jimi Hendrix: ... and we became real good friends. In England we'd hang around together, going to different places, riding up and down the countryside in England, having a good time ... plus we both mysteriously had the same girlfriend [laughs] ... Devon Wilson was my girlfriend first...that was one Dolly Dagger ... Anyway, when I went to London I was surprised to see Jimi, of course.

I met him over here [Los Angeles] now and again ... he was one of my best friends. We were a lot alike, we had the same following, the same crowd and the same trip ... and we became real good friends, and when I was in London we were at the 'Speakeasy' and I told him "neither one of us gonna be around very long, so while we are here we might as well do something together". He fell for that [laughs]! So we got together. I tried to book something over there, but Stephen Stills had booked all the studio time [at Island studios] ...

UV: They were fully booked?

AL: Well fully booked by one person, Stephen Stills ... he wouldn't even give me a day man, you know, not one fucking day man [laughs]. So I got that Olympic studio ... and he (Jimi) and Remi Kabaka (played percussion with Ginger Baker's Air Force group from early 1970] and these other two Africans [came], they're playing tabla, I don't know who they were, but I met Remi Kabaka. He's the drummer on this jam of "The Everlasting First" [unreleased version] and another song that I never got to put a vocal on ... We never got a chance to play [again as] he died ... we were gonna start a band together ...

UV: Yeah, the Band-Aid?

AL: Yeah! How did you know that? ... He said he wanted to try and get Steve Winwood, Remi Kabaka and myself But it never materialised. And that's why I put Band-Aid on that Vindicator [LP] as a tribute, an inside tribute to Jimi, you know.

UV: But Jimi played on "Ride That Vibration" as well?

AL: Well if he did ...

UV: That's what you said during a radio interview for the BBC on 4 July 1980!

AL: No! I said that he asked me what were the words (laughs). I said he asked me what are the words of "Ride That Vibration" [sings a few lines] and then he had to split...

UV: Did you do any other tracks with him during that day, because I understood ..

AL: Maybe that's the understanding, you wanna know the truth? I did "The Everlasting First" with him, I did "Ezy Ryder", I did a jam, and I did a couple different versions of "The Everlasting First", and that's about it ... I mean "Ezy Ryder", that never came out either

UV: Is that Jimi's tune?

AL: That's Jimi's, but he's playing with my band ...

UV: So Jimi is definitely not playing on "Ride That Vibration"?

AL: No, that's Gary Rowles ...

UV: What happened to all those tapes from the Olympic session?

AL: I don't know where they are. Bob Krasnow [head of Blue Thumb Records in 1970] who is whom I gave them to, I haven't seen him or the tapes since than, so that's that. But there are a couple versions of "The Everlasting First". I gave the tapes [to Bob] and I'd say "hold it for me" and when I went to another company I forgot to get the tapes ...

Released albums (excluding compilations) between 1966 and 1974: Love (early 1966); Da Capo (early 1967); Forever Changes (late 1967); Four Sail (08/1969); Out Here (late 1969); False Start (12/1970); Vindicator (1972); Reel- To-Real (1974).

1. Anne Bjorndal was present during the Olympic sessions (which lasted well into the next morning) and says, "They felt very related and they were in a very good mood together. making a lot of jokes." Jimi told Anne on 2 September 1970 in Arhus, Denmark, that he would have liked to do more projects with Arthur..

2. Here's what Arthur actually said during that interview, "We did a long jam, you know, as well as we did "The Everlasting First". We did about three versions of that. We did "Ezy Ryder". We did "Ride Thar Vibration". And we did this long jam and we did a couple of other things." It appears now what Arthur really meant (but in reality didn't say) during that BBC radio interview was that Jimi asked him about the lyrics for "Ride That Vibration" ..

3. The release of "Ezy Ryder" (spelled as "Easy Rider" in the 8 June 1970 issue of Crawdaddy magazine) was planned as a Love single on Blue Thumb [USA] in June 1970.

RobbieRadio
08-11-09, 12:47 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/Grapost/Jam.jpg
JIMI HENDRIX-LOVE-ACETATE LP-UNISSUED MATERIAL

This acetate contains the fruits of Jimi Hendrix’s meeting with Arthur Lee and Love (Gary Rowles, Frank Fayad and George Suranovich) at Olympic Studios in London on March 17, 1970.

The stereo acetate is in very good condition with only a recurring light tick on part of the first tune and occasional light ticks in the last few minutes of track three. The music is:

1. The Everlasting First by Arthur Lee and Love with Jimi Hendrix (the version issued on Blue Thumb Records)
2. Ezy Rider (a long false start and a short take with remarks by Hendrix)
3. A ten-minute jam by Jimi Hendrix with Love.

TRACKS 2 & 3, TO OUR KNOWLEDGE, ARE UNRELEASED

<table class="vi-is1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg">Winning bid:</td> <td class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tbll">US $2,025.00</td></tr></tbody></table>

yelapavision
08-11-09, 09:57 PM
Well, this just keeps getting better and better! I'm very glad you were able to give a copy to Remi Kabaka. That's just icing on the cake. Very cool!

stplsd
08-12-09, 06:15 PM
The Remi Kabaka story and his info is the business. Nice one Roland.

The Stills jam 2 sounds very Tony Joe White, don't you think?

Ayler
08-12-09, 06:27 PM
The Stills jam 2 sounds very Tony Joe White, don't you think?
Is there a torrent of that file?

Roland Stone
10-05-09, 09:31 PM
Am I the only one who's more than little miffed at the lack of communication from the current possessor of the acetate as to its final fate? Is it fair that he should get to keep it when it was purchased with pooled money?

The Earth Blues
10-06-09, 06:19 PM
Am I the only one who's more than little miffed at the lack of communication from the current possessor of the acetate as to its final fate? Is it fair that he should get to keep it when it was purchased with pooled money?
I am.

johanincr
10-07-09, 12:48 AM
as far as i'm concerned only the music is the stuff that counts, isnt it?
we all have that now.
the physical vehicle on which it was carried isnt really so important - to me....

i suppose it could be cut up into 50 or so pieces but that seems pointless.

but i do agree on the lack-of-communication part, thats unfortunate.

yelapavision
10-07-09, 06:24 PM
What do you suggest be done with it?

Roland Stone
10-08-09, 11:14 PM
What do you suggest be done with it?

I would be pleased to see it donated to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, where it might be placed right next to their "My Diary" exhibit, which is currently the ONLY mention of Arthur Lee in the Museum.

Others have suggested a raffle or drawing among those who donated.

ap0llo
10-09-09, 01:07 PM
I would be pleased to see it donated to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, where it might be placed right next to their "My Diary" exhibit, which is currently the ONLY mention of Arthur Lee in the Museum.

Others have suggested a raffle or drawing among those who donated.

Definitely second donating it. It's an amazing piece of history.