PDA

View Full Version : Rudolph Valentino Mansion video?

bbagm
08-14-09, 12:52 PM
Would anyone know where I can see online the video the band filmed in Rudolph Valentino's mansion? I saw it ages ago on Youtube (with 2 different soundtracks, Foxy lady and Midnight Lamp), but can't find it now.

:000-thanx:

purple jim
08-14-09, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know what song was originally used/intended for the Valentino house film ? I have it on my hard drive with "If 6 Was 9" but what was the original soundtrack?

purple jim
08-21-10, 10:11 AM
Does anyone know what song was originally used/intended for the Valentino house film ? I have it on my hard drive with "If 6 Was 9" but what was the original soundtrack?

No idea anyone?

johngolby
12-03-10, 08:24 AM
According to Tony Brown's book it was used to promote Foxy Lady,Buring Of The Midnight Lamp and All Along The Watchtower, I've also read that it lasts for ten minutes but I've never seen as much as that.

purple jim
12-03-10, 01:10 PM
Thanks John.

stplsd
12-19-10, 09:29 AM
According to Tony Brown's book it was used to promote Foxy Lady,Buring Of The Midnight Lamp and All Along The Watchtower, I've also read that it lasts for ten minutes but I've never seen as much as that.

Maybe, but when? 1980's? what country? Japan?

purple jim
12-19-10, 10:39 AM
It's a shame that we don't have a complete high quality source of this fascinating little film. Bits of it crop up all over the place, even in the recent "Voodoo Child" film (included in the "West Coast Seattle Boy" CD box set).

johngolby
12-20-10, 12:42 PM
STPLSD - good question as it could have been used in any decade and in any country, more frustrating though is that it's doubtful the film crew just did ten minutes worth - I'm guessing as I'd like to think there is hours of footage. There was a You Tube post about three years ago (long since gone) of Hendrix driving around in what looked like the Hollywood Hills in a Stingray - I don't know if this was done at the same time.

purple jim
12-20-10, 02:43 PM
Yes, it does look like a real effort was made to make a high quality promo film. Let's hope we get it complete one day.

Sharpstat
12-20-10, 03:39 PM
STPLSD - good question as it could have been used in any decade and in any country, more frustrating though is that it's doubtful the film crew just did ten minutes worth - I'm guessing as I'd like to think there is hours of footage. There was a You Tube post about three years ago (long since gone) of Hendrix driving around in what looked like the Hollywood Hills in a Stingray - I don't know if this was done at the same time.

I remember that footage.It's the footage of him driving down Benedict canyon road if memory serves me right.Not very much but seeing Jimi in his Vette was pretty cool.

Sharpstat
12-20-10, 03:44 PM
Maybe, but when? 1980's? what country? Japan?

They showed it on broadcast TV here in the states in early seventies ONE TIME! This was maybe two or three years before the first VCR's and the ability to save it.I clearly remember checking out the kid with the stobes flashing in the film as he would have been close to my age at the time they filmed it!

johngolby
12-21-10, 03:03 AM
I absolutely love this site, I've seen some really obscure questions answered almost straight away. Good to know others confirmed the Benedict Canyon film as after I posted my message I was begining to think I imagined it due to being stoned for 30 years....I wonder if Experince Hendrix will ever round up this kind of footage and release it, we can only hope.

Fenders Fingers
12-21-10, 11:08 AM
A lot of this material was circulated back in the day on good old VHS between collectors. Seemed to go on forever !!!!! I also remember seeing it with at least two differing sound tracks !

backfromthestorm
12-21-10, 11:26 AM
The stingray footage is here somewhere. Laughing Dice documentary i think.

Sharpstat
12-21-10, 02:12 PM
A lot of this material was circulated back in the day on good old VHS between collectors. Seemed to go on forever !!!!! I also remember seeing it with at least two differing sound tracks !

I have no idea of what you're referring to sir! Now if I could only get it all on DVD. ;)

MidniteLamp76
06-23-11, 12:34 AM
This is the footage that i've been trying to identify. I see it in documentaries but always with a different song. Any idea what the best source for the footage is?

purple jim
06-23-11, 02:00 AM
I also remember seeing it with at least two differing sound tracks !

I saw it once with "Gypsy Eyes" over it and it worked really nice.

J.Lucas
06-23-11, 03:45 PM
The stingray footage is here somewhere. Laughing Dice documentary i think.

I'm pretty sure it's on the 'Flight into 1968' DVD video collection also.
(here on CTT)

MidniteLamp76
06-24-11, 12:26 AM
I'm pretty sure it's on the 'Flight into 1968' 2 DVD video collection also.
(here on CTT)

It looks like the 68 DVD has it. I just have to clear some space off the hard drive and i'll download it. I'd like to get the Laughing Dice doc too but no seeds. Any help is appreciated.

MidniteLamp76
06-24-11, 11:16 PM
I just put Laughing Dice up..1.89g

Can't say thanks enough. It was nice to come home from work and see that it downloaded. In a couple days i'm going to get the 68 one too.

purple jim
09-07-12, 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB3Silw4Nns&feature=player_embedded#!

J.Lucas
09-07-12, 03:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB3Silw4Nns&feature=player_embedded#!
Thank you...really great quality for a streamer
J.L.

JimiRules
09-08-12, 07:16 PM
I received this footage on VHS many years ago from Jon Price. It was a combo of the Salvation 67. the Canyon and TTG 68 videos. I believe the music he put to it, or someone who gave it to him did, was the new stuff from Studio Haze boot CD, Sunshine, Shame Shame Shame and Crying Blue Rain.