PDA

View Full Version : Geraldo Valez Interview

lostarchives
08-23-09, 03:54 PM
Here is a one hour interview by Artie Kornfeld with Gerardo Valez who played percussion with Jimi. This is a must listen to get the details & preparation and Jimi's reactions and the whole untold backstage story at Woodstock.

http://66.49.193.35/ArtistFirst_Artie_Kornfeld_Show_2009-08-18.mp3

stplsd
08-24-09, 01:39 AM
Nice to hear that Gerry had a good and productive musical career after GSR.

Roland Stone
08-26-09, 09:35 AM
I listened to it and also read a Martha Velez interview about how she could have sung w/Gypsys, Suns & Rainbows at Woodstock but declined - to her everlasting regret.

I don't know - I can't hear a whole lot of Jerry or Juma on the Woodstock recordings and I'm never quite sure what to make of their contributions. I'm a much bigger fan of Larry Lee, who often gets knocked, but I think he did a great job of being Jimi's rhythm guitar player. I remember the first time I heard Larry was on the Woodstock ending of Voodoo Chile/intro to SSB where he sounded so much like Jimi, I thought Jimi was using an echoplex!

stplsd
08-27-09, 10:46 PM
I listened to it and also read a Martha Velez interview about how she could have sung w/Gypsys, Suns & Rainbows at Woodstock but declined - to her everlasting regret.

Any chance of a post?
Love that Fiendish Angel