PDA

View Full Version : Because U need the same thing 10Xs

RasFreeman
08-28-09, 07:20 PM
EH & Sony/Legacy annoue partnership

http://www.jimihendrix.com/news/news,experience-hendrix-press-release-20090828.html

Most "Legacy" editions have been
the orignal album paired with a second Cd
of a outtakes & alternate versions of album
tracks or live tracks recorded around the
albums release. The press release says the
plan to rerelease the 4 albums released during
Jimi's lifetime in expand 2cd versions and all the
posthumous compilations Experienced Hendrix has
released. So were already on our second go around
of South Saturn Delta and First Rays. But it does
say Legacy will be working with Dagger Records.
All the Legacy release have been first rate IMHO, so
that might be a plus.

Ras Freeman

purple jim
08-29-09, 02:09 AM
So this is what held up Royal Albert Hall (with Woburn to keep us quiet for a few months while they layed out the deal).

dino77
08-29-09, 05:53 AM
Sounds like a good idea, the Legacy editions are always carefully prepared. And EH will get a chance to rectify the botched remastering jobs on the current cds (clipping). Hopefully they'll add some cool unreleased stuff. A 2nd Ladyland disc would have to include Cherokee Mist, South Saturn Delta, Rainy Day Shuffle etc...

manfree
08-29-09, 05:58 AM
It would be nice to have something we HAVEN`T got.... I won`t hold my breath

purple jim
08-29-09, 06:46 AM
Janie has announced that Kramer was working on the Band Of Gypsy's Fillmore tapes, so we could assume that it will be released as part of this Legacy series.

Chris M
08-31-09, 02:02 AM
EH & Sony/Legacy annoue partnership

http://www.jimihendrix.com/news/news,experience-hendrix-press-release-20090828.html

The press release says the
plan to rerelease the 4 albums released during
Jimi's lifetime in expand 2cd versions and all the
released. So were already on our second go around
of South Saturn Delta and First Rays. But it does
say Legacy will be working with Dagger Records.
All the Legacy release have been first rate IMHO, so
that might be a plus.

It doesn't say anything about expanded editions of
released. It looks like we will be getting expanded editions of the 3 JHE albums as well further compilations of outtakes, live material and new Dagger titles. Sony/Legacy reissues are known for quality mastering, bonus material and liner notes. This is excellent news for Jimi fans as DE's of the 3 JHE albums will undoubtably have unheard material and better mastering than the last round of reissues.

RasFreeman
08-31-09, 09:50 AM
I didn't say anything about expanded editions of the comps
just the 3 albums, which now I've heard are going to be
released together in some kind of boxset. Stay tuned, this
should be interesting

MourningStar
08-31-09, 01:45 PM
It would be nice to have something we HAVEN`T got.... I won`t hold my breathhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/EMOTSMILEY/thumbs-up.gif

purple jim
08-31-09, 03:24 PM
I didn't say anything about expanded editions of the comps just the 3 albums, which now I've heard are going to be
released together in some kind of boxset. Stay tuned, this
should be interesting

You can bet that we already have all the bonus tracks from bootlegs. I have the Alan Douglas versions of AYE and Axis plus excellent mono CDs (ripped from clean vinyl). I have EHs recent "Ladyland" and all of them on Track and Reprise vinyl.
The question remains if I will feel pushed to pay for fancy packaging and a "better" mastering. Knowing me, I will.:o

Chris M
08-31-09, 04:59 PM
You can bet that we already have all the bonus tracks from bootlegs. I have the Alan Douglas versions of AYE and Axis plus excellent mono CDs (ripped from clean vinyl). I have EHs recent "Ladyland" and all of them on Track and Reprise vinyl.
The question remains if I will feel pushed to pay for fancy packaging and a "better" mastering. Knowing me, I will.:o

So you have the fast instrumental takes of Castles Made Of Sand, the Axis versions of South Saturn Delta, and the 2 backing tracks for untitled Jimi originals recorded at the first session for Bold As Love?

RobWats67
08-31-09, 06:23 PM
How many times do the public have to keep on buying the CD's, vinyls? Do the collectors of Jimi Hendrix have enough stuff? It is just rehashing.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
08-31-09, 06:36 PM
The only branch of EH I really care about, besides the DVD part of EH which I am coming to be annoyed at, is Dagger. And if this gets Good Dagger releases that we don't have, like Woburn, then I say, Woohoo! The reason I'm starting to despise the DVD branch of EH is that they have so much film they could release and they start with something we ALREADY HAVE. And they left out Midnight Lightning, Hey Baby, and Hey Joe from 'Blue Wild Angel'. I mean, wha??? :wtf: Just EH I guess. :mad: So Sony. Helps US out here. Please? :o

Chris M
08-31-09, 08:17 PM
How many times do the public have to keep on buying the CD's, vinyls? Do the collectors of Jimi Hendrix have enough stuff? It is just rehashing.

Are you not interested in unbooted Jimi outtakes? If so then why are you here? Since we don't have the tracklist how could you possibly know if is rehashing?

Chris M
08-31-09, 08:19 PM
The reason I'm starting to despise the DVD branch of EH is that they have so much film they could release and they start with something we ALREADY HAVE.

Not sure what you mean by that. What are you referring to? RAH? We have half of the show in mediocre quality.

And they left out Midnight Lightning, Hey Baby, and Hey Joe from 'Blue Wild Angel'. I mean, wha??? :wtf: Just EH I guess. :mad: So Sony. Helps US out here. Please? :o

Those songs weren't filmed.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
08-31-09, 08:32 PM
^ :wtf: Well now I'm a little sad, I always thought they were filmed.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
08-31-09, 08:33 PM
Not sure what you mean by that. What are you referring to? RAH? We have half of the show in mediocre quality.Nonetheless we still have it.

Roland Stone
08-31-09, 08:41 PM
I just received a gift of the Paris/Ottawa "Collector's Box" w/T-shirt. Also the Woodstock vinyl! Two things I never would have bought for myself, but I'm very pleased to own them. Except that I don't want to unseal them!

Chris M
08-31-09, 10:35 PM
Nonetheless we still have it.

No, you have half of it. Approx half of that show doesn't circulate. Therefore a release of the complete RAH show is desirable.

MourningStar
08-31-09, 10:49 PM
Since we don't have the tracklist how could you possibly know if is rehashing?Because we do know their track record?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/EMOTSMILEY/SLY.gif

MourningStar
09-01-09, 12:03 AM
... Except that I don't want to unseal them!Go ahead Roland, unseal and enjoy! It's the only chance you'll get before you become stardust.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Chris M
09-01-09, 12:22 AM
Because we do know their track record?

Sony/Legacy's track legacy? If we get DE's of Axis and EL on Sony/Legacy you can bank on numerous unbooted bonus tracks.

purple jim
09-01-09, 12:56 AM
So you have the fast instrumental takes of Castles Made Of Sand, the Axis versions of South Saturn Delta, and the 2 backing tracks for untitled Jimi originals recorded at the first session for Bold As Love?

I've ever heard of those outtakes. If they do appear, all of them one hopes, then the old checkbook will probably come out.

Chris M
09-01-09, 02:16 AM
I've ever heard of those outtakes. If they do appear, all of them one hopes, then the old checkbook will probably come out.

If you don't want to buy it like everything else it will be all over the net in lossless form on release date. Bottom line is these DE's will have unheard Jimi and that should be reason for all of us to be excited.

purple jim
09-01-09, 03:16 AM
Bottom line is these DE's will have unheard Jimi and that should be reason for all of us to be excited.
:bananasmile:

MourningStar
09-01-09, 01:45 PM
...Bottom line is these DE's will have unheard Jimi and that should be reason for all of us to be excited.How do you know that?

:confused: