PDA

View Full Version : Anyone what this Film is??

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
09-01-09, 02:55 PM
So I was searching around Youtube and found this clip of the EXP, but not sure what the venue is. Anyone know??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7AHScpk0xs

and pardon the grammar error in the title.

purple jim
09-01-09, 03:23 PM
Top Of The Pops - BBC, London

MourningStar
09-01-09, 03:25 PM
It is obviously some TV program as the guitars have no cables (and Mitch's cymbals are tightened down, don't see any amps either and they're miming/lip-singing to a recorded track).

:confused:

MourningStar
09-01-09, 03:26 PM
Top Of The Pops - BBC, LondonSounds good to me.

:D

manfree
09-01-09, 04:34 PM
Fuck Me, Wasn`t He Amazing? I can remember This, My Dad (RIP) Said "Where`s The Tune In this? Little did he Know.......

MourningStar
09-01-09, 07:59 PM
Fuck Me, Wasn`t He Amazing? I can remember This, My Dad (RIP) Said "Where`s The Tune In this? Little did he Know.......Similar recollection here ... grabbed AYE when it came out, put it on my Dad's console stereo (anyone remember those, large peice of furniture?). He jumped off the sofa and ran to see what was wrong with his stereo!

stplsd
09-01-09, 09:02 PM
It's one of only two surving TOTP's films - and the only one with the original sound - the other is Wind Cries Mary (better picture but silent). The rest ~ 8 were either wiped and re-used, or thrown out 'cause they were taking up too much space! as happened with most European TV performances and live film.

souldoggie
09-01-09, 09:34 PM
Looks and sounds like live vocals to me. Wonderful stuff. I like how he wears his Strat on his hip during his solo.

The Earth Blues
09-01-09, 10:22 PM
Looks and sounds like live vocals to me. Wonderful stuff. I like how he wears his Strat on his hip during his solo.
Yes, live vocals from both Jimi and Noel.

Great film...I think I may have seen this before but it's been a while.

MourningStar
09-01-09, 10:47 PM
Looks and sounds like live vocals to me. ...It's supposed to. Actually, after a 2nd view it does appear as live vocals are being captured as well. There is still the recorded vocal track going on, as carefull scrutiny will reveal Jimi missing a couple of words. Yes, very wonderful stuff indeed. Perhaps the up and coming surprises from EH/Sony will have some of this.