PDA

View Full Version : planet rock

Aidan
09-04-09, 09:52 AM
Planetrock.com [digital radio]are doing a Hendrix special on Sat.Sept.5 at 7.00pm[England].<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 summary="" cellPadding=2 width="90%" align=left><TBODY><TR><TD>19:00

</TD><TD>Hendrix: The Guitarist's Guitarist

</TD><TD>We talk to the world's greatest guitarists about the influence of Jimi Hendrix on how they play and their music

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MourningStar
09-04-09, 01:49 PM
from planetrock.com :

"Mark Jeeves presents a one hour show on the musician and talks to the world's greatest guitarists about the influence of Jimi Hendrix on how they play and their music. Hear what musicians David Coverdale, Tony Iommi and Brian May have to say about one of the most influential artists of the 20th century."

Hmmm, perhaps it should have read "... world's greatest ROCK guitarists"?

Naaahhhh!

;)

backfromthestorm
09-04-09, 03:46 PM
Thanks.. I`ll be listenin.. Not that I really care much for May`s opinion.. Different strokes for different folks lol.

Iommi rocks, though I cant imagine how he`s been influenced by Jimi. Be interesting to hear.

MourningStar
09-04-09, 05:32 PM
... Iommi rocks, though I cant imagine how he`s been influenced by Jimi.Perhaps not so much in playing style (maybe on the mellow tunes like Planet Caravan, Orchid, etc.). Tony only plays in two modes: gorilla-stoop slow and amphetamine-fast (giving birth to speed-metal, btw). But definitely in 'sound'. In fact, since Jimi got every sound imaginable out of his equipment one could say every guitarist(that matters) since has been influenced to some degree by the "world's greatest guitarist". Jimi trully was The Crossroads.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/AVATAR/peace5.gif