PDA

View Full Version : Janie Hendrix interview: new releases

Ayler
09-24-09, 03:32 AM
http://www.guitarist.co.uk/page/guitarist?entry=janie_hendrix_talks_about_the

Topics:
- Unreleased february CD (from 1966 to 1970):
we have an album that is as yet untitled; it’s going to be various pieces of Jimi's songs from his early career in Paris until he passed away. It will go from 1966 to 1970; some songs are different versions – there’s an amazing Bleeding Heart on there and there are other songs that you haven’t heard; different covers of songs, plus a couple of gems of songs that have never been heard at all. That will be a single album that will be released around February 2010.
- Deluxe Editions & box set:
First of all we will begin re-releasing the core albums but not as you know them right now. They’ll have the same covers but they will be packaged differently in more of a Digipak, including a DVD and more content, so it’ll be a wonderful collectable item as well as giving fans more music and also information from a 24-36-page booklet. All those will be released after January 1 because our contract is ending with Universal.
(...)
Probably down the line. We have so many other projects happening, and of course The Beatles have been at it for quite a while! But yeah, there is much talk about bringing the fans everything they could possibly want! And we’ll do a box set of the core albums which has never been done.
- RAH... released later in 1970:
we have The Royal Albert Hall, released next year. It’s basically reality TV as we know it today; there’s a camera crew, several people that followed Jimi, Mitch and Noel around in Europe and they did two concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. In that people get to see Jimi as himself – that’s the one question we get asked the most: What was Jimi really like? Well you get to see what Jimi was really like! He’s in his own environment, backstage, in his apartment, on trains, planes and automobiles, checking into hotels – living the life on the road that he did. That will come out later on next year [2010].
- Hendrix Gibson
http://mos.musicradar.com/images/Product%20News/Guitar/sept09/hendrix-gibson/jh-gibson-white-460-100-460-70.jpg
If you can call that a Gibson!

RobWats67
09-24-09, 07:23 AM
I believe that Jimi is rolling over his grave about this.

thunderbaas
09-24-09, 07:30 AM
Aaaaaarghhh Janie Hendrix again, a total fender rip off by gibson.I thought the Hendrix placemats etc. were disgusting,but she manages to beat here own commercial greediness every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderbaas

The Earth Blues
09-24-09, 09:39 AM
I'm not finding the specs for that guitar...but I'm willing to bet it will be a cheap piece of shit.

carlygtr56
09-24-09, 09:50 AM
I'm not finding the specs for that guitar...but I'm willing to bet it will be a cheap piece of shit.

A kid's guitar package in time for Xmas.

Fender dropped the ball years ago dropping the Jimi Hendrix model, the upside down one. That guitar had some mojo to it.

Zelgadis
09-24-09, 10:45 AM
As a guitar player, I would not even try to touch one. Gibson model? Ha! Also, that Experience Hendrix sticker on it? Something about that makes me wretch. It's one thing to buy pedals like a univibe or whatever else to try and get a little "Hendrixy" sound in your own playing style once in a while. But damn, why don't people understand it's not cool doing nothing but trying to be a carbon copy of someone? I don't know, it's just not right. I could still be a little sore from the blow rock 'n roll took at Cobain's expense in GH5.

I should note that I personally wouldn't even really have minded a remake of the painted flying V. Just to get something that looked like what he played. But this, no thank you.

RobbieRadio
09-24-09, 10:48 AM
Comments:

<!-- comment: d9270fa423c8ab8c0123e7bc5cc17099 -->
Gibson should know better, this has exploitation written all over. Posted by Colin McMath (127.0.0.1) on September 23, 2009 at 05:29 PM BST # (http://www.guitarist.co.uk/page/guitarist?entry=janie_hendrix_talks_about_the#comm ent1)

<!-- comment: d9270fa423c8ab8c0123e8877d9578c4 -->First of all, this woman is NOT Jimi Hendrix's sister but his adopted step sister that he met only briefly when she was a pre-teen and who's name he couldn't even remember in a letter home shortly before his death. Not only is there no blood relation whatsoever but amongst Jimi extended blood family including 4 living siblings, 2 children, nieces, nephews and an aunt that primarily raised him until age 5, only 1 traitor half cousin works for the estate and benefits from Jimi's legacy.Furthermore Fender was told that if they sponsored Jimi's brother Leon they would loose the account that existed at the time. Posted by Ray Rae (127.0.0.1) on September 23, 2009 at 09:11 PM BST # (http://www.guitarist.co.uk/page/guitarist?entry=janie_hendrix_talks_about_the#comm ent2)

RobWats67
09-24-09, 12:28 PM
The guitar that Gibson is putting out will be a limited edition anyway. Even the pedals that Experience Hendrix came out with their deals with Dunlop like the Octavio, the Jimi Hendrix wah, the Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face reissue, especially the Experience pedal from DigiTech.

This kind of stuff is so crassy that if Jimi were here he would want to throw up. I believe that Janie Hendrix is so desperate for money that she will keep on milking his name until the end of time.

:(:(:(

The Earth Blues
09-24-09, 04:07 PM
You guys are being overly critical. The Dunlop Fuzz Face Reissue and Octavio are two of the best non-boutique fuzzes out there (or best fuzzes, period). Just because it has the Hendrix logo on there, doesn't mean it would have Jimi rolling over his grave, or the face Janie Hendrix is just greedy for money.

And Zelgadis- who says buying this guitar makes you a carbon copy? Who says you aren't just trying to use his style a bit playing this?

Is Randy Hansen a carbon copy, Hendrix copy-cat? If you say yes, you are crazy. Many of his performances put such an original spin on Jimi's music, a "Randy Hansen" spin.

Zelgadis
09-24-09, 05:07 PM
I don't see the guitar making one an automatic carbon copy if that's what you mean. There is of course, more to it. It's just a guitar after all. I see the guitar itself being bought by someone who thinks that this purchase alone without any thought of rig setup and equipment and skill level/personal sound will get themselves to sound, just like Jimi Hendrix. Allow me to elaborate so I don't sound like a total jerk.
I am generalizing.
I think grabbing a fuzz or octavio or something to try and get Jimi "seasoning" in your personally sculpted sound is great! Or watching youtube videos that try and show you how to play rhythm like Jimi did, simple chord tricks and what not. I think that is cool, it can add to your guitar pallete. I personally would like to have a touch of Jimi in the sound and style I am still tweaking. I have just heard others who think that buying a guitar that is like this, a guitar replica like what a famous person has played will make them sound (as in both sound and play, like the thing is enchanted and the musciain is coming out of your fingers and your channeling something) just as good as the man/woman who made the stringed icon famous. Being a member on a Buckethead board I have seen it with SRV guitars and the rumored Bucket guitars Gibson plans (was planning, is planning?) to make.
I know that is ridiculous and most won't think that way. However, it does and will happen to some extent. That fact alone just kind of makes me sad. It's like you don't want to work for your sound and to a lesser extent, personal ability. Like you don't want to build your own sound and then add flourishes by your favorite rock icons. You want to plug in and have it all from the get go. I have seen this in the past and can see it happening now. Looking and saying "no, this won't make you sound or play like Jimi instantly." And really, why would you want to? By all means play an instrument and enjoy what you do but, be you and not someone else.
I apologize, I'm opinionated and talkative when it comes to certain things.

purple jim
09-25-09, 06:12 AM
That "guitar" is the height of bad taste and shameless marketing. Horrible.

As for the proposed releases, that single CD retrospective sounds interesting. It looks like it will put the Albert Hall DVD even further "later on next year".:confused:
Janie says again "It’s basically reality TV as we know it today" which I don't like to hear. I'm not really bothered about seeing Jimi getting in and out of a car or waiting for a train (as can be seen in the bootleg video). How many times can you watch such a thing ?
Hell, we want the rehearsal footage, the 18 feb gig and other concert footage from the 1969 European tour ! Are they going to hold on to that stuff (if it really exists) until 2020 ?
If only Experience Hendrix could be as generous as Jimmy Page was with the Zep double DVD.

dino77
09-25-09, 06:35 AM
That "guitar" is the height of bad taste and shameless marketing. Horrible.

As for the proposed releases, that single CD retrospective sounds interesting. It looks like it will put the Albert Hall DVD even further "later on next year".:confused:
Janie says again "It’s basically reality TV as we know it today" which I don't like to hear. I'm not really bothered about seeing Jimi getting in and out of a car or waiting for a train (as can be seen in the bootleg video). How many times can you watch such a thing ?
Hell, we want the rehearsal footage, the 18 feb gig and other concert footage from the 1969 European tour ! Are they going to hold on to that stuff (if it really exists) until 2020 ?
If only Experience Hendrix could be as generous as Jimmy Page was with the Zep double DVD.

You're making assumptions here. We'll have to wait and see what's included or not on the Albert Hall DVD - I'd say the Woodstock DVD was very good and generous, except for the 2 missing Larry Lee songs.

purple jim
09-25-09, 09:42 AM
Yes, you're right about Woodstock but what worries me is Janie always getting enthusuiastic about the "reality TV" aspect rather than the unseen performances.

ilovejimi
09-25-09, 07:06 PM
[ That will come out later on next year [2010].
- Hendrix Gibson
http://mos.musicradar.com/images/Product%20News/Guitar/sept09/hendrix-gibson/jh-gibson-white-460-100-460-70.jpg
If you can call that a Gibson![/QUOTE]
Now i get the impression RAH wont be released until late 2010- Im starting to doubt how much concert footage will be in it. What a sham- all she knows how to do is retread the same same old shit over and over and over and over and over again

The Earth Blues
09-25-09, 08:53 PM
Yes, you're right about Woodstock but what worries me is Janie always getting enthusuiastic about the "reality TV" aspect rather than the unseen performances.
Yea, I'm a bit worried about that as well.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
09-25-09, 09:09 PM
Lol Gibson's in on this crap? Ugh, I tried to hold them on a semi-steady level but no, had to go do something stupid like copy a Stratocaster.

RobWats67
09-28-09, 11:53 AM
Lol Gibson's in on this crap? Ugh, I tried to hold them on a semi-steady level but no, had to go do something stupid like copy a Stratocaster.

Yep, the crass marketing will backfire on Gibson. They should have known better. Oh well.

:(:(:(

DevilsAvocado
09-28-09, 04:42 PM
I'll bet the white one is just one of these:
http://www.kramerguitars.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=397 , with a few modifications, like a reverse headstock and a third single coil pick up.
Certainly, a WHOLE lot of development went into this one.

If you're wondering why i linked to Kramer's website, i can tell you that Kramer is a Gibson sub-brand these days...

Another interesting thing is that those Jimi Hendrix "Signature" guitars have been pulled entirely from the Gibson site within the last few days...

manfree
09-28-09, 05:27 PM
Where is this Fuggin` Vault? Can`t we rob it or somm`ng?

purple jim
09-29-09, 12:38 AM

Yeah, all we need is some dynamite and a few Mini Coopers.

purple jim
09-29-09, 03:23 AM

Yeah, all we need is some dynamite and a few Mini Coopers.

The Seattle Job
:minipersonen065:

The Earth Blues
09-29-09, 07:59 PM
Sounds like a plan to me.

RobWats67
10-01-09, 08:47 AM
However, I am glad that Gibson took down the ads for the Stratocaster. It was such crass marketing on their part as well as Janie's.

What I really get sick of is the perpetration on her part telling the world that Jimi and her were close. It is almost like that Leon never existed. She can't handle the truth.

Janie does not have an idea what Jimi would have wanted. She was a little girl, for heaven's sake.

I still think that no matter what bad things that Leon did in his lifetime that he deserve something from Jimi's estate.

Peace.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
10-01-09, 05:10 PM
^ Jimi talked of Leon numerous time I'm pretty sure, never mentioned Janie. Couldn't even remember her name in a letter sent home.

RobWats67
10-03-09, 04:28 PM
I'm just glad that Gibson and Authentic Hendrix took down the ads and the articles for the "Jimi Hendrix Authentic Strat" because it was a dumb move for both parties involved.

Janie is going to be more desperate for money now.

:(:(:(:(

Ayler
12-04-09, 01:12 PM
"Valleys Of Neptune" will be released on march 8, 2010.

Yazid Manou informed our french forum about Sony's project:

MORE THAN 60 NM RECORD OF JIMI HENDRIX STUDIO FOR THE 1st TIME AVAILABLE 10 OF 12 WERE RECORDED BETWEEN FEBRUARY AND May 1969.
1st single from that album/ "VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE".
THIS ALBUM INCLUDES NEW VERSIONS OF CLASSIC totally new "RED HOUSE", "FIRE" AND "STONE FREE" AND NEVER HEARD COVERS OF "BLEEDING HEART" (Elmore James) and "SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE" (CREAM ).

Ayler
12-04-09, 01:22 PM
Maybe those "Red House" & "Fire" versions comes from:
http://www.jimihendrix.com/encyclopedia/document,19690217,1.html

stplsd
12-04-09, 01:25 PM
I still think that no matter what bad things that Leon did in his lifetime that he deserve something from Jimi's estate.

Peace.

What "bad things?" how bad was he? I hear he got done for "grand larceny" (English = theft) anyone? Jimi was hardly squeaky clean, was he? and he didn't have to go through some of the trauma that happened to Leon. Of course he did his time and it's not just about Leon, he does have children, they are Jimi's direct descendants too, cheated out of their inheritance by a "cuckoo in the nest".

jerry1970
12-04-09, 04:43 PM
Am I the only one who is not paying any attention to what Experience Hendrix is releasing? Rip-offs from start to finish! Oh wait - RAH on DVD? Could be interesting... I wonder what they leave out this time instead of releasing the complete thing!

jerry1970
12-04-09, 04:44 PM
I buy Leon's stuff because I like it! And he deserves to get something a lot more than Janie.

purple jim
12-05-09, 12:12 AM
…cheated out of their inheritance by a "cuckoo in the nest".
Excellent analogy ! lol

purple jim
12-05-09, 08:23 AM
"Valleys Of Neptune" is not really an apt title for a CD that will be 90% sourced from early 1969 with its live in studio versions of tried and trusted Experience concert numbers.
The album title and song would have been better kept for a CD alongside stuff like "Peace In Mississippi", Gypsy Boy", "Calling All Devil's Children", "Easy Blues", etc…

cleanuponaisle76
12-05-09, 12:28 PM
However, I am glad that Gibson took down the ads for the Stratocaster. It was such crass marketing on their part as well as Janie's.

What I really get sick of is the perpetration on her part telling the world that Jimi and her were close. It is almost like that Leon never existed. She can't handle the truth.

Janie does not have an idea what Jimi would have wanted. She was a little girl, for heaven's sake.

Peace.

it's really pathetic, the bullshit Janie Hendrix perpetuates, and she's alone on most of it too.

not too long ago, I bought the recently released "Jimi Hendrix: An Illustrated Experience" book, and it is "co authored" by Janie "Hendrix".

throughout the whole book, Leon is referred to as Jimi's half brother. this in itself is something to frown upon, but it gets really pathetic when double standards come in and Janie is simply referred to as "sister."

we need to get Janie Hendrix on Larry King or 60 Minutes so that the record can be set straight.

Doctor Flang
12-05-09, 01:48 PM
"Valleys Of Neptune" is not really an apt title for a CD that will be 90% sourced from early 1969 with its live in studio versions of tried and trusted Experience concert numbers.
The album title and song would have been better kept for a CD alongside stuff like "Peace In Mississippi", Gypsy Boy", "Calling All Devil's Children", "Easy Blues", etc…

How do you know what songs are on the forthcoming CD?

MourningStar
12-05-09, 08:33 PM
... we need to get Janie Hendrix on Larry King or 60 Minutes so that the record can be set straight.Do you really believe that would do it?

purple jim
12-06-09, 02:29 AM
How do you know what songs are on the forthcoming CD?

The information comes from a Sony press release which Yazid Manou posted on the Ayler's forum (see above).

Doctor Flang
12-06-09, 05:34 AM
The information comes from a Sony press release which Yazid Manou posted on the Ayler's forum (see above).

Yes i know, but i don't think the press release does contain the full tracklisting.

purple jim
12-07-09, 02:07 AM
You're right it only mentions:
"VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE".
"RED HOUSE"
"FIRE"
"STONE FREE"
"BLEEDING HEART"
"SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE"

I don't think it was a press release in fact. Just a memo. Yazid has connections with Sony.

Pali Gap
12-07-09, 01:12 PM
I dont know why she doesnt just get on with it and release the cleaned up RAH concert footage which is what fans want- and just do the offstage film as a feature.

But Janey is always seems a bit delusional regarding her relationship with Jimi in her interviews I dont know who she imagines believes her. Not anyone who's been a fan for any reasonable time. I think she must have really manipulated Al. I cant believe she validated Monica Danneman's version of events, and Al went along with it, when he must have remembered meeting Carmen Borrero with Jimi when Jimi went back to Seattle.

purple jim
12-07-09, 02:57 PM
The title of the new CD is perhaps not "Valleys Of Neptune" as I had over enthusiastically presumed.

purple jim
12-07-09, 03:14 PM
Royal Albert Hall is not in the planned list of releases from Sony for the January to October period. Looks like they are saving it for Christmas 2010.

Doctor Flang
12-07-09, 03:37 PM
Royal Albert Hall is not in the planned list of releases from Sony for the January to October period. Looks like they are saving it for Christmas 2010.

I have a bad feeling that there are still some legal issues unsolved.

cleanuponaisle76
12-07-09, 03:46 PM
I cant believe she validated Monica Danneman's version of events, and Al went along with it, when he must have remembered meeting Carmen Borrero with Jimi when Jimi went back to Seattle.
funny you mention that, because I read a 90s interview of Janie's in which she was asked about Jimi's death and murder.

she said she'd rather not say, but she did mention that the explanation for Jimi's demise found in the media was different from the truth.

here you go

Q - Are you satisfied with the official verdict of your brother's death or do you believe there was foul play involved?

A - I know how he died. I know how it was reported in the media and the two aren't the same.

Q - Alright, then do you believe your brother was murdered?

A - Oh, conspiracy theories. Well, I've heard conspiracy theories since I was 9 years old. That's how old I was when he passed away. It could drive you crazy and I'm not saying it was. Anything's possible. My Dad used to say never say never. But, I guess this is the way the family looks at it. You could sit and think of how and why somebody passed away, but you can't bring them back. We spent many years looking into certain things and then of course all the people that seemed to be involved at the time are no longer here. So, what do you do? It's like you can't bring that person back and we're here to live and to continue the music he left us, and that's what we concentrate on doing.

she seemed more genuine, this is before she got corrupted by cash,I figure.

MourningStar
12-07-09, 04:46 PM
Q - Alright, then do you believe your brother was murdered? ...Well, it's for sure she did not reply with a "No"!

:confused:

weavzy
12-07-09, 05:45 PM
RAH due out christmas 2010? yeah sure...
does anyone else notice the pattern? it gets pushed back a year every year . its the annual EH bullshit. and i aint gonna eat it anymore. i no longer belive that it will ever see the light of day. it just cant be that difficult to get a dvd released. they claim they have been working on it for years now. what could they possibily be doing to it? even if they pushed it back to master a blu ray rlease, idoubt that its a year long operation. and before anyone chimes in with the leagal problems line, unless you're sitting in at the meetings, i just cant swallow that story either anymore

Chris M
12-07-09, 06:14 PM
RAH due out christmas 2010? yeah sure...
does anyone else notice the pattern? it gets pushed back a year every year . its the annual EH bullshit. and i aint gonna eat it anymore. i no longer belive that it will ever see the light of day. it just cant be that difficult to get a dvd released. they claim they have been working on it for years now. what could they possibily be doing to it? even if they pushed it back to master a blu ray rlease, idoubt that its a year long operation. and before anyone chimes in with the leagal problems line, unless you're sitting in at the meetings, i just cant swallow that story either anymore

The problem with RAH has always been that Gold & Goldstein wanted artistic control over the finished product. This is why Jeffery couldn't use it, why Joe Boyd couldn't use it, why Douglas couldn't use it and now EH.

weavzy
12-07-09, 07:36 PM
then why do EH keep telling us they have the rights to it, and it is close to a release. if they are having the exact same problems with gold and goldstien that jeffries dougless and co all had, why should we expect any other result than the product never seeing the light of day. EH must know that they will never give G and G creative control. so they must know they will never get the chance to release it. so why persist in feeding us fans the yearly dose of bullshit?

EH, if you have th concert footage, give it to us. if not, shut up and stop teasing us.

Voodoo Kush
12-07-09, 08:10 PM
I personally think they have ALOT of footage to go through and that janie told us about the project before they started it. which explains the delay, because this has to be the most footage they have from any one performance. They have Film from January and the two February performances COMPLETE... it's not anywhere the disappointment that Live at Berkeley was in terms of content.

I also expect this to be a 2 DVD release similar to Live at Woodstock, which was their last concert release in 2005, am i right? There's obviously snippets of the 18th in the 4reel productions bootleg... so without jumping to conclusions, just know that DVD itself cannot be better than the performances. Hopefully we will get more uncensored content and less quality control (They all say the 18th was a "diasaster").

Purplz
12-08-09, 12:57 AM
^ Jimi talked of Leon numerous time I'm pretty sure, never mentioned Janie. Couldn't even remember her name in a letter sent home.

Source?

Doctor Flang
12-08-09, 03:28 AM
then why do EH keep telling us they have the rights to it, and it is close to a release.

AFAIK EH have never said they have the rights to release it. They have mentioned that they have been working on the RAH DVD and that it's ready to be released.

I know this forum is a playground for bashing Janie for many, but please - you can't blame her for something that's really Michael's Jefferies' fault.

Doctor Flang
12-08-09, 03:31 AM
if they are having the exact same problems with gold and goldstien that jeffries dougless and co all had, why should we expect any other result than the product never seeing the light of day.

Because the the owners of the RAH footage are willing to work with EH. They weren't willing to work with either Jeffreys or Douglas.

purple jim
12-08-09, 04:07 AM
Gold & Goldstein (or one of them) are/have been working on the RAH project together. If the information about the delay prooves to be true, I believe it's because they will be putting their efforts into the Sony promotion of:
- the new studio sourced CD and single
- the legacy editions of "AYE", "Axis" and "EL"
- a new Dagger
- perhaps the mentioned definitive box set

They obviously see this as a new age of Hendrix releases. They will establish that, then hit us with RAH at the end of 2010.

karsten
12-08-09, 06:50 AM
I think Sony bought up the whole RAH footage just to turn it into at new Guitar Hero edition. So there will be no off stage footage, no bleeding heart or little wing - just the smashing of the amps!

Joking aside, I don't think we can expect anything for sure untill the rights have been turned over to Sony.
There is no mentioning of Jimi on either Sonymusic.com or the Legacy site yet.
They will probably do something big next year to create a lot of press attention when they launch Jimi on Sony.

That said, Eddie Kramer said on his Waves promotion tour that "it was actually a very good thing" to move to Sony.

I personly like the the Legacy series of other artists e.g. Miles Davis.
One can hope that the move to Legacy will have a positive factor on the releases to come since it seems like they know what they are doing a lot better than Janie..

souldoggie
12-08-09, 07:15 AM
Isn't Steve Gold deceased? I thought I read that somewhere. If not, my apologies to Steve Gold.

Herman Cherusken
12-08-09, 07:28 AM
Isn't Steve Gold deceased? I thought I read that somewhere. If not, my apologies to Steve Gold.

Why apologies? May he and his greedy ilk fall right down dead...

I think Sony bought up the whole RAH footage just to turn it into at new Guitar Hero edition. So there will be no off stage footage, no bleeding heart or little wing - just the smashing of the amps!

Joking aside, I don't think we can expect anything for sure untill the rights have been turned over to Sony.
There is no mentioning of Jimi on either Sonymusic.com or the Legacy site yet.
They will probably do something big next year to create a lot of press attention when they launch Jimi on Sony.

That said, Eddie Kramer said on his Waves promotion tour that "it was actually a very good thing" to move to Sony.

I personly like the the Legacy series of other artists e.g. Miles Davis.
One can hope that the move to Legacy will have a positive factor on the releases to come since it seems like they know what they are doing a lot better than Janie..

If the wait means an improved end product, instead of someone putting together a hasty, sloppy, unsatisfactory piece of shit, then its all worth while, I guess. With all the legal entaglements over the years, one should perhaps be happy over a good quality release over none at all, and not as it seem to have taken place with the Woburn case.

Doctor Flang
12-08-09, 07:40 AM

Ahhh, does that mean i could start smashing Guitar Hero consoles to pieces! Count me in!

I too remember reading that either one of them passed away, but i'm not sure whether it was Gold or Goldtstein. BTW Mitch Mitchell hinted in his book that some of the film footage might be in the hands of the filmmakers divorced ex-wives. I hope he was just joking.

RasFreeman
12-08-09, 09:57 AM
Does anyone else think the new release in February
of early 69 studio tracks, is a precursor to the RAH
DVD. Part of the early Feb 69 Olympia sessions were
rehearsals for the RAH shows, Jimi wanted to rehearse
since he knew the concerts were going to be filmed.
I wouldn't be suprised if they pulled the 2 tracks from
the purple box set and release the complete rehearsal
in preparation for a RAH CD/DVD release at the end of
the year. With the new Legacy editions of the studio
albums peppered throughout the year, 2010 looks like
a intresting year for Hendrix fans. Just my thoughts,
maybe wishful thinking.

Ras Freeman

purple jim
12-08-09, 03:38 PM
Does anyone else think the new release in February of early 69 studio tracks, is a precursor to the RAH
DVD.

Not really. The memo talks of 10 tracks culled from the February to May 1969 period. That would include New York (Olmstead and Record Plant) studio sessions.

ilovejimi
12-08-09, 07:05 PM
Info on Steve Gold can be found on Page 239 of Steven Roby's book "Black Gold"
In his book Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Eric Burdon explained why fhe film has never been released: "Steve Gold is dead and Hendrix's estate is...

purple jim
12-18-09, 05:13 PM
On the "Making Of EL" DVD we hear some neat outtakes (acoustic and electric) of "All Along The Watchtower" which could appear on the EL bonus disc with any luck.

weavzy
12-18-09, 05:27 PM
i'd love to hear a cmplete version of 'bacward experiment'. i,ve only ever heard a snippet and its from the making of and people are talking over the top of it.

RasFreeman
12-20-09, 07:14 PM
According to Sony release sheets, no less than seven Hendrix albums are re-released on 03.03.2010. First four will be 2 disc sets.

AYE
Axis
EL
First Rays
BOG (european release only)
Smash Hits
Experience Hendrix: The Best Of

Intresting no South Saturn Delta rerelease, so alot of those tracks might make it onto the deluxe editions of the albums.

yelapavision
12-20-09, 09:19 PM
Well, this might be a good thing, hopefully. Getting the old stuff out all at once on the new label will get that out of the way, then they can move on to getting some new stuff out.

Chris M
12-21-09, 02:04 AM
Intresting no South Saturn Delta rerelease, so alot of those tracks might make it onto the deluxe editions of the albums.

Why would they reissue SSD? It makes much more sesne to reissue the core catalog and/or reissue a brand new rarities set first.

weavzy
12-21-09, 02:23 AM
any word on remastering?

purple jim
12-21-09, 03:08 AM
Why would they reissue SSD? It makes much more sesne to reissue the core catalog and/or reissue a brand new rarities set first.

Yes, it remains to be seen how they will handle the studio material which was (re) released after "First Rays". What will become of the "SSD" tracks ? What about the MCA 2000 box set material ? If that is not re-released, will the tracks be reshuffled to create new compilations (like with the Doors box material which came out later on single CDs).

Makkinen
12-21-09, 07:51 AM
Guys, you have to understand that there are a lot of sick people in the world.
I mean sick in their heads...
"Gold and Goldstiein and CO" are good example. "Wannabe-producers and film-makers"
Same goes for the guy who claims to own 4 hours long jam-session of Jimi with Hansson and Karlsson. When a portion of that jam leaked out couple of years ago
it became clear to any sane person that Jimi doesn't play on it. Maybe he coughs somewhere in the background but he's not playing neither guitar nor bass.
Regarding "Last Experience". Those special effects (sparkles etc..) are Gold & Goldstein's 'creative contributions'. I wouldn't be surprised if they destroyed a lot of original material with their 'artistic interventions'.
Some people live to be able to say 'I have that tape. Nobody else ever heard it'. It makes them feel special and important.
Others want hundreds of thousands of dollars for their tapes.
Unfortunately, I believe that there is more unreleased material in private collections and limited circulation among collectors than in so called EH vaults.

ilovejimi
12-21-09, 02:30 PM
Regarding "Last Experience". Those special effects (sparkles etc..) are Gold & Goldstein's 'creative contributions'. I wouldn't be surprised if they destroyed a lot of original material with their 'artistic interventions'.
vaults.

Im sure the entire master film still exist- the editing was probally performed on saftey copy. Regarding the sparkler and SOME* of the goofy effects-- those will not be in the release that is yet to come.

My source is Steven Peasent of EH who wrote me in regard to my questions on RAH stating that said effects will be eliminated.

I deduce if that occurs- then there has to be an existing Master film from which another saftey copy was made (in order to preform a newly edited copy for the eventual DVD release).

*SOME--- of the wild zooming may still be present unless other cameras picked up the concurrent action.

:wave:

purple jim
01-21-10, 02:14 PM
Looking at the Amazon information, the Legacy editions are described in this way:

- All titles in lavish 6-panel digipaks
- 36 page booklets include detailed session info, liner notes, photos and memorabilia
- DVDs contain exclusive "making of" mini documentaries
- Original Classic Albums also available on 180 gram audiophile LP with gatefold jackets and color LP booklets.
- AYE & Axis remastered from the original two-track mixdown master tapes.

Are You Experienced:
1. Purple Haze
2. Manic Depression
3. Hey Joe
4. Love Or Confusion
5. May This Be Love
6. I Don't Live Today
7. The Wind Cries Mary
8. Fire
9. 3rd Stone From The Sun
10. Foxey Lady
11. Are You Experienced