PDA

View Full Version : Jimi 1970 "tour" dates etc.

stplsd
10-03-09, 11:14 PM
Jimi played one more two show gig at the Fillmore East, really a “live” recording session for the Chalpin/Capitol BOG’s LP he spent about a week mixing/editing it, and about a week recording the Stepping Stone single. Then at the end of the month he played at a mammoth fund raising benefit for the hugely popular ‘Moratorium Committee’ to stop the war in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Vietnam</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Jimi appeared to be in a foul mood for some unknown reason, made a crude remark to a woman in the audience, then blasted through rough approximations of two numbers and then left the stage with a cryptic announcement: “That’s what happens when Earth fucks with Space, never forget that.”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The Jimi Hendrix Experience (with Billy Cox on bass) rides again on their 4th <st1:country-region><st1:place>US</st1:place></st1:country-region> (“Cry of love”) tour. This Experience tour had been planned and talked about in interviews before, during and after the BOGs as an “Experience” tour including Mitch as the drummer, Noel wasn’t mentioned as being involved until the 1970 Rolling Stone interview, which unfortunately appears to have been a cynical publicity exercise.<o:p></o:p>
Again it wasn’t really a tour, just a series of one or two off gigs, flying in and out of <st1:State><st1:place>New York</st1:place></st1:State> from time to time. (25th April – 1 August. 26 cities, 29 shows over 3 months) <o:p></o:p>
The “tour” carried over into <st1:place>Europe</st1:place> for a few dates. <o:p></o:p>
John McDermott: “Con­certs West, under the Jeffery-Weiss umbrella, had become so skillful that, with thorough precision, the Experience could remain in <st1:State><st1:place>New York</st1:place></st1:State> until the day of the show, fly in and, after one or two local bands had warmed up the crowd, play their set.” Also from McD: Jimi was driven by limo from NYC to the <st1:City><st1:place>Boston</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:City><st1:place>Philadelphia</st1:place></st1:City> & <st1:City><st1:place>Baltimore</st1:place></st1:City> gigs. <o:p></o:p>
Worked to death by Mike – I don’t think so!<o:p></o:p>
P.S.<o:p></o:p>
This post is only concerned with the JHE musicians not their Road Crew (ie Gerry Stickells, Eric Barrett, John Downing and the “low roadie on the totem pole," Gene McFadden)<o:p></o:p>
1970 <o:p></o:p>
Any earnings from Track/Polydor’s Jimi Hendrix recordings in the <st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> are being held in escrow pending a settlement of the Chalpin case & are therefore unavailable to all parties.<o:p></o:p>
<st1:country-region><st1:place>USA</st1:place></st1:country-region><o:p></o:p>
JANUARY<o:p></o:p>
1 New York City NY [really a ‘live’ recording session organised by Jimi to make the LP he had to give to Chalpin/Capitol. Mike doesn’t appear to have had too much to do with it]<o:p></o:p>
2 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
3 no gig NYC SMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
4 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
5 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
6 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
7 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
8 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
9 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
10 no gig NYC SMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
11 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
12 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
13 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
14 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
15 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
16 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
17 no gig NYC SMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
18 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
19 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
20 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
21 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
22 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
23 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>

24 no gig NYC SMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
Jack Bruce and Friends (with Mitch Mitchell) Lanchester Arts Festival, <st1:City><st1:place>Coventry</st1:place></st1:City> <o:p></o:p>
<st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>, with Colloseum & the New Jazz Orchestra 2 shows<o:p></o:p>
25 no gig NYC JB & Friends Lyceum London <st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> <o:p></o:p>
26 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
27 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
28 New York City NY [Charity gig, Jimi appears in a very bad mood, crudley insults a woman in the audience, plays two numbers and leaves the stage with the cryptic comment "That's what happens when Earth fucks with Space”]<o:p></o:p>
29 no gig NYC Billy: “Jimi truly loved Buddy, but he was the star. He was the boss. This was an unspoken issue, but all you have to do is listen to any Band Of Gypsys performance and you will hear it. We musicians have to be careful not to cross these boundary lines. You have to pay homage to Caesar. Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's. Sometimes that did not happen. That disturbed Jimi, and I think Buddy finally became aware of this by the end."<o:p></o:p>
30 no gig NYC JB & Friends Fillmore East NY with Mountain 2 shows<o:p></o:p>
31 no gig NYC SMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
JB & Friends Fillmore East NY with Mountain 2 shows<o:p></o:p>
FEBRUARY<o:p></o:p>
1 No gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
3 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
4 no gig NYC ‘JHE to reform’ Rolling Stone interview & photo session with Ira Cohen<o:p></o:p>
6 no gig NYC JB & Friends The Warehouse New Orleans with Zephyr & White Clover 2 shows<o:p></o:p>
7 no gig NYC SMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER @ ? <o:p></o:p>
JB & Friends The Warehouse New Orleans with Zephyr & Darkhorse 2 shows<o:p></o:p>
8 no gig NYC JB & Friends The Warehouse New Orleans with Pacific Gas & Electric 2 shows<o:p></o:p>
9 no gig NYC JB & Friends The Warehouse New Orleans with Pacific Gas & Electric 2 shows<o:p></o:p>
10 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
JB & Friends Eastown Theatre <st1:place><st1:City>Detroit</st1:City>, <st1:State>Michigan</st1:State></st1:place> with Savage Grace, The Tea, Steve Booker<o:p></o:p>
14 no gig NYCSMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER @ ?
JB & Friends 'Eastown Theatre' <st1:City><st1:place>Detroit</st1:place></st1:City>, with Teegarden & Van Winkle, The Tea, Steve Booker<o:p></o:p>
15 no gig NYC Billy Cox "I got a phone call from Jimi and Michael Jeffery telling me, 'Billy, <o:p></o:p>
things are dif­ferent. It's not what you think.' They got me to come back to New <o:p></o:p>
<st1:City><st1:place>York</st1:place></st1:City>. . . <o:p></o:p>
16 no gig NYC JHE [II] (ie Jimi, Billy & Mitch) with Juma ‘Sultan’ (Lewis)? on maracas, <o:p></o:p>
rehearse & record ‘Freedom’ (33) & Bolero (*)<o:p></o:p>
17 no gig NYC . . .but the scene still wasn't too good so I came back to <st1:City><st1:place>Nashville</st1:place></st1:City> again. I said, <o:p></o:p>
'This is it, I’m through with this shit.'"<o:p></o:p>
21 no gig NYC SMASH HITS 160, EASY RIDER 19 JB & Friends Kinetic Playground <st1:City><st1:place>Chicago</st1:place></st1:City>, James Gang, Siegal-Schwall, Mason Proffit, Soft, Truth<o:p></o:p>
22 no gig NYC Electric Factory Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2 shows with Albert King, Edison Electric Band<o:p></o:p>
24 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
25 no gig NYC JB & Friends Music Hall Houston, Texas with Mountain<o:p></o:p>
26 no gig NYC JB & Friends Fillmore West San Francisco, California w Johnny Winter/Mountain/ Eric Mercury (Jimi talks about him enthusiastically in a January interview) /Birthrite these bands were the support over the 3 Frisco dates<o:p></o:p>
25 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
27 no gig NYC JB & Friends Winterland San Francisco, California<o:p></o:p>
28 no gig NYC SMASH HITS 166, EASY RIDER 10
JB & Friends Winterland <st1:place><st1:City>San Francisco</st1:City>, <st1:State>California</st1:State></st1:place><o:p></o:p>
MARCH<o:p></o:p>
1 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
6 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
7 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> Jimi flies in (what was he up to?) Keith Altham in NME 30 Mar: “Down the <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> Speakeasy club, I spoke to an ‘incommunicado’ Jimi Hendrix on a recent visit to try and get the Experience together one more time.”<o:p></o:p>
8 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>SMASH HITS @ ? , EASY RIDER 13<o:p></o:p>
9 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> <o:p></o:p>
10 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> <o:p></o:p>
11 no gig London CSN&Y release the single ‘<st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City>’<o:p></o:p>
12 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
13 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> <o:p></o:p>
14 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> SMASH HITS off chart , EASY RIDER 14<o:p></o:p>
15 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>Recording ‘Old Times, Good Times’ (& jamming) with Stephen Stills
16 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>
17 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>Recording ‘The Everlasting First’ (& jamming) with Love, Karen Davis <o:p></o:p>
(journalist & friend) attends <o:p></o:p>
18 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> <o:p></o:p>
19 no gig NYC Jimi arrives back, Noel arrives<o:p></o:p>
20 no gig NYC. <o:p></o:p>
21 no gig NYC EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
22 no gig NYC Rehearsals began around this time for the JHE tour, without Noel.<o:p></o:p>
BC: "After the business at <st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Madison</st1:PlaceName><st1:PlaceName>Square</st1:PlaceName><st1:PlaceType>Garden</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, I was real suspect, I agreed to come back in Febru­ary, but that fell apart as well. I didn't hear from Jimi for about a month. Then I got a phone call from him saying, 'C'mon, Bill. Let's get it on!' I said, 'Hey man, you ain't getting nothing on. I'm here in <st1:City><st1:place>Nashville</st1:place></st1:City> and I'm happy. I don't want to go through all that shit I went through again.' He promised and promised that I would have no hassles, so, like a fool, I came back for the third time."<o:p></o:p>
23 no gig NYC Jimi overdubs guitar on Noel’s song My Friend <o:p></o:p>
24 no gig NYC NR: "I started getting some demos together after Jimi and Mitch began rehearsing with Billy Cox. ‘My Friend' was a song I had written. It was a tune in the key of <st1:place>E. Jimi</st1:place> also had a song by that name, but I think he stole the title from me [Noel probably only heard Jimi's song for the 1st time on the Cry Of Love, not realising it had been recorded in 1968]. Jimi came over to the studio and offered play guitar. I think he was trying to make up with me because he had never spoken to me or even called to say that he was going to be playing with another guy. Jimi played guitar on 'My Friend.' I got as far as putting a rough vocal on it." [It was never completed and it remains unreleased.]<o:p></o:p>
BOG’s LP released<o:p></o:p>
26 no gig NYC WOODSTOCK MOVIE RELEASED IN USA<o:p></o:p>
28 no gig NYC BOGs @ ?,EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
29 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
30 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
31 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
ABRIL<o:p></o:p>
3 no gig NYC. <o:p></o:p>
4 no gig NYC BOGs @ ?,EASY RIDER @ ? <o:p></o:p>
5 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
6 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
7 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
8 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
STEPPING STONE b/w IZABELLA single by BOG’s released<o:p></o:p>
It does not sell well failing to reach even the bottom 200, or the Soul chart<o:p></o:p>
9 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
10 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
11 no gig NYC BOGs @ ?,EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
13 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
14 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
15 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
16 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
17 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
18 no gig NYC BOGs @ ?,EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
24 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
3rd <st1:country-region><st1:place>US</st1:place></st1:country-region> “TOUR” (series of gigs flying in and out of <st1:State><st1:place>New York</st1:place></st1:State>)<o:p></o:p>
25 <st1:place><st1:City>Los Angeles</st1:City><st1:State>CA</st1:State></st1:place> [no gigs for nearly 3 months]<o:p></o:p>
BOGs @ ?,EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
26 <st1:place><st1:City>Sacramento</st1:City><st1:State>CA</st1:State></st1:place> [no gigs for next 4 days]<o:p></o:p>
28 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
30 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
MAY<o:p></o:p>
1 <st1:City><st1:place>Milwaukee</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs for previous 4 days]<o:p></o:p>
2 <st1:City><st1:place>Madison</st1:place></st1:City>BOGs @ ?,EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
3 <st1:City><st1:place>St Paul</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs for next 4 days]<o:p></o:p>
6 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
7 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
8 <st1:City><st1:place>Norman</st1:place></st1:City> 2 shows [no gigs for previous 4 days<o:p></o:p>
9 Ft. WorthBOGs @ ?, EASY RIDER @ ?<o:p></o:p>
10 <st1:City><st1:place>San Antonio</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs for next 5 days]<o:p></o:p>
12 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
13 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
14 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
15 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
16 <st1:City><st1:place>Philadelphia</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs for previous 5 day, non for next two weeks]<o:p></o:p>
BOGs 5, EASY RIDER 16<o:p></o:p>
17 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
19 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
20 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
22 no gig NYC <st1:place><st1:City>Cincinatti</st1:City>, <st1:State>Ohio</st1:State></st1:place>. cancelled<o:p></o:p>
23 no gig NYCKeil Auditoriumi, <st1:place><st1:City>St Louis</st1:City>, <st1:State>Missouri</st1:State></st1:place>. cancelled <o:p></o:p>
BOGs 5, (Soul) entry 47; Easy Rider 15<o:p></o:p>
24 no gig NYC Robert’s Stadium, <st1:place><st1:City>Evansville</st1:City>, <st1:State>Indiana</st1:State></st1:place>. cancelled<o:p></o:p>
26 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
<st1:City><st1:place>WOODSTOCK</st1:place></st1:City> film & LP released simultaneously<o:p></o:p>
28 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
30 <st1:City><st1:place>Berkeley</st1:place></st1:City> 2 shows [no gigs for previous two weeks, non for next 5 days]<o:p></o:p>
BOGs 5, (Soul) 40; Easy Rider 20<o:p></o:p>
31 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
JUNE<o:p></o:p>
5 <st1:place><st1:City>Dallas</st1:City><st1:State>TX</st1:State></st1:place> [no gigs for previous 5 days]<o:p></o:p>
6 <st1:place><st1:City>Houston</st1:City><st1:State>TX</st1:State></st1:place>BOGs 5 (Soul) 38; Easy Rider 18; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City>entry 4<o:p></o:p>
7 <st1:City><st1:place>Tulsa</st1:place></st1:City> OK [no gig next day]<o:p></o:p>
8 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>Tulsa</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
9 <st1:place><st1:City>Memphis</st1:City><st1:State>TN</st1:State></st1:place> [no gig previous day]<o:p></o:p>
10 <st1:City><st1:place>Evansville</st1:place></st1:City> IN [no gigs next two days<o:p></o:p>
11 no gig <o:p></o:p>
12 no gig <o:p></o:p>
13 <st1:City><st1:place>Baltimore</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs previous 2 days, non next 5]<o:p></o:p>
BOGs 6 w bullet, (Soul) 38; Easy Rider 18; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 3<o:p></o:p>
16 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
17 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
19 Abuquerque 2? shows [no gigs previous 5 days]<o:p></o:p>
20 <st1:City><st1:place>San Bernardino</st1:place></st1:City> BOGs 8, (Soul) 39; Easy Rider 18; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 3 (Soul) entry 49 <o:p></o:p>
21 <st1:City><st1:place>Ventura</st1:place></st1:City> [no gig next 5 days]<o:p></o:p>
22 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
23no gig NYC Denver – cancelled according to JMcD<o:p></o:p>
25 no gig NYC Pittsburgh - cancelled - JMcD<o:p></o:p>
26 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
27 <st1:City><st1:place>Boston</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs previous 5 days, non for next 6 days]<o:p></o:p>
BOGs 9, (Soul) 34 w bullet; Easy Rider 33; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 3, (Soul) 47 <o:p></o:p>
28 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
30 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
JULY<o:p></o:p>
2 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
3 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
4 Byron [no gigs previous 6 days]<o:p></o:p>
BOGs 11, (Soul) 26 w bullet; Easy Rider 36; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 3 (Soul) 46 <o:p></o:p>
5 <st1:City><st1:place>Miami</st1:place></st1:City>2nd show cancelled [no gigs next 11 days]<o:p></o:p>
6 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>Miami</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
7 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
8 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
9 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
10 no gig NYC <o:p></o:p>
11 no gig NYC BOGs 16, (Soul) 26; Easy Rider 37; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 1, (Soul) 40 w bullet<o:p></o:p>
17 <st1:State><st1:place>New York</st1:place></st1:State> City NY [no gigs previous 11 days, non for next 7 days]<o:p></o:p>
18 no gig NYC BOGs 16, (Soul) 19 w bullet; Easy Rider 39; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 1, (Soul) 34 w bullet <o:p></o:p>
21 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
24 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
25 <st1:City><st1:place>San Diego</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs previous 7 days]<o:p></o:p>
BOGs 22, (Soul) 16 w bullet; Easy Rider 38; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 1, (Soul) 22 with bullet <o:p></o:p>
26 <st1:City><st1:place>Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> [no gigs next 3 days]<o:p></o:p>
27 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>Seattle</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
28 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>Seattle</st1:place></st1:City>?<o:p></o:p>
29 no gig <st1:place>Oahu</st1:place> or <st1:place>Maui</st1:place>? <o:p></o:p>
30 <st1:place>Maui</st1:place>[Jimi appears, from the film, to have enjoyed this gig immensely]<o:p></o:p>
31 <st1:place>Maui</st1:place><o:p></o:p>
AUGUST<o:p></o:p>
1 <st1:City><st1:place>Honolulu</st1:place></st1:City> BOGs 27, (Soul) 16; Easy Rider 43; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 1, (Soul) 22 <o:p></o:p>
2 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>Honolulu</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
3 no gig Honolulu/Maui? <o:p></o:p>
4 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place> <o:p></o:p>
5 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place><o:p></o:p>
6 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place><o:p></o:p>
7 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place> <o:p></o:p>
8 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place> BOGs 24, (Soul)14; Easy Rider 48; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 3 (Soul) 21<o:p></o:p>
9 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place> <o:p></o:p>
10 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place> <o:p></o:p>
11 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place><o:p></o:p>
12 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place><o:p></o:p>
13 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place> <o:p></o:p>
14 no gig <st1:place>Maui</st1:place>Jimi flew back to mainland US <o:p></o:p>
15 no gig NYC BOGs 38, (Soul) 16; Easy Rider 48; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 3, (Soul) 19<o:p></o:p>
17 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
20 no gig NYC That evening JHE [II] record their last song, a jam - Slow Blues<o:p></o:p>
21 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
22 no gig NYC BOGs 38, (Soul) 18; Easy Rider 45; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 2, (Soul) 24<o:p></o:p>
23 no gig NYC<o:p></o:p>
26 no gig NYC Electric Lady studio opening<o:p></o:p>
<st1:City><st1:place>MONTEREY</st1:place></st1:City> LP released<o:p></o:p>
27 no gig NYC Jimi flew to <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
28 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>Jimi is introduced to Kirsten Nefer, by Karen Davis at the Londonderry Hotel<o:p></o:p>
29 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> BOGs 41, (Soul) 16; Easy Rider 43; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 2, (Soul) 32 <o:p></o:p>
30 <st1:place>Isle of Wight</st1:place> [no gigs for the previous month] Jimi (with Kirsten?) signs the hotel register as “Mr. & Mrs. Miscarriage” . <o:p></o:p>
31 <st1:City><st1:place>Stockholm</st1:place></st1:City>[Jimi appears to be a bit out-of-it on alcohol?/downers? or both?<o:p></o:p>
SEPTEMBER<o:p></o:p>
1 <st1:City><st1:place>Goteborg</st1:place></st1:City>[backstage, Jimi plays his new single Dolly Dagger to a journalist, he plays a lacklustre show]<o:p></o:p>
2 <st1:place>Aarhus</st1:place>[Jimi is completely off his face on Mandrax and stumbles badly through two numbers before abandoning the gig] [B]Jimi meets up with Kirsten & Karen again, spends the night with Kirsten at her mother’s house. <o:p></o:p>
3 KobenhavnDanish press get the story that Jimi & Kirsten are engaged to be married. [Jimi looks haggard and appears to be very “up” on something (coke or wiz?), and plays a fiery but ragged set to a very enthusiastic audience. Unfortunately he seems to have overdone it, straining his voice quite badly] <o:p></o:p>
4 West Berlin[Alan ‘Blind Owl’ Wilson founder of Canned Heat was found dead from an overdose of barbiturates and alcohol the very day the band left for this concert. Jimi would obviously have been made aware of this. Kirsten flies back to <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>, Karen accompanies the JHE to <st1:place>W. Berlin</st1:place>. In a pre gig interview Jimi sounds like he’s overdone the alcohol/downers again, it’s also painfully apparent that his voice is damaged from the previous night, missing out much of the vocals and hardly speaking between songs]<o:p></o:p>
5 Fehmarn. The stormy weather provides Jimi with an excuse to get some rest and get himself together BOGs 44, (Soul) 15; Easy Rider 59; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 2, (Soul) 27 with bullet <o:p></o:p>
6 Fehmarn[Jimi appears very together and puts on an excellent show despite some initial booing (due to his non-appearance the previous night)His last gig. There were a couple more planned for later (ie De Doellen, <st1:City><st1:place>Rotterdam</st1:place></st1:City> 10th, <st1:City><st1:place>Essen</st1:place></st1:City> 25th, Paris & Wien) but they were cancelled due to Billy’s? “breakdown”<o:p></o:p>
7 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
8 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
9 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
10 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>De Doelen x2, <st1:City><st1:place>Rotterdam</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:City><st1:place>Holland</st1:place></st1:City> (cancelled)<o:p></o:p>
11 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>Jimi’s last interview, he again sounds a bit out-of-it on <o:p></o:p>
downers?/alcohol? Or both?<o:p></o:p>
12 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> BOGs 43, (Soul) 25; Easy Rider 63; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 2, (Soul) 27<o:p></o:p>
13 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City><o:p></o:p>
14 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City> <o:p></o:p>
15 no gig London according to the unreliable testimony of E. Burdon, Jimi turned up off-his-face at Ronnie Scott's wanting to jam but was refused, Burdon asked him to come back and jam the next day - if he's together. J. "Tappy" Wright later repeats this tale, claiming it was he who refused Jimi, (as does someone else, can’t remember who offhand) etc.
16 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>Jimi jams with WAR at Ronnie Scott’s, he plays well. Leaves in the <o:p></o:p>
early hours of the 17th with Monika
17 no gig <st1:City><st1:place>London</st1:place></st1:City>Jimi is photographed by Monika in the garden at the back of Monika’s flat at the <st1:City><st1:place>Samarkand</st1:place></st1:City> in the afternoon, he looks a bit rough.Spends the early evening at a house getting stoned and drinking red wine, later on goes to a party, then goes back to Monika’s flat - [U]late (ie early hours of the 18th) at some point/points a bottle of red wine is consumed at Monika's which she keeps 'as a memento' (or something)
18 Jimi dies in the early hours (ie not long after he got back from the party) from an “overdose” of barbs & alcohol, approx 24 hours after he left Ronnie’s. Doctor’s and ambulance men’s opinion is that he had been dead for hours before they were called.
19 BOGs 43, (Soul) 30; Easy Rider 80; <st1:City><st1:place>Woodstock</st1:place></st1:City> 2, (Soul) 25; <st1:City><st1:place>Monterey</st1:place></st1:City>entry 53 w bullet<o:p></o:p>

stplsd
10-04-09, 05:27 PM
^
added chart entries etc

Olvator
10-18-09, 04:33 AM
i don´t think Jimi sounds out of it on downers etc...during his last interview on Sept. 11th-----

nonetheless thanks fo this list. I do like your listings!

stplsd
10-18-09, 05:19 PM
i don´t think Jimi sounds out of it on downers etc...during his last interview on Sept. 11th-----

Well, maybe out-of-it sounds stronger than I meant it to (subjective), but I think it would be difficult to argue that he sounds entirely sober?;-)

nonetheless thanks fo this list. I do like your listings!

Thank you