PDA

View Full Version : Ultrare hendrix '68 acetate unreleased - hear it!!

Socram
10-04-09, 08:08 PM
Found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRARE-HENDRIX-68-ACETATE-UNRELEASED-HEAR-IT_W0QQitemZ250508733529

All the best, Marcos

voodoo_child58
10-05-09, 04:22 AM
I made a little offer to the bidder and asked him a mp3 sample.
I'll let you know.

karsten
10-05-09, 07:20 AM
Thanx for the tip.
Where's the audio clip located?

Roland Stone
10-05-09, 10:27 AM
It says "listen to the audioclip provided" but I can't find a link for the clip!

manfree
10-05-09, 10:52 AM
Me Neither ? any updates?

Roland Stone
10-05-09, 09:28 PM
The ebay site does have an audio clip now. But it sounds pretty much like the official release to me. I've heard HBD outtakes but this doesn't sound like an outtake.

Chris M
10-05-09, 11:35 PM
The ebay site does have an audio clip now. But it sounds pretty much like the official release to me. I've heard HBD outtakes but this doesn't sound like an outtake.

That is a completely different mix. Vocals mixed differently, much less panning, less reverb, different drum fill at the start.

dino77
10-06-09, 04:07 AM
That is a completely different mix. Vocals mixed differently, much less panning, less reverb, different drum fill at the start.

Still, pretty similar to the EL take - same guitar parts, same vocal take.
Nothing earth-shaking, maybe this mix is circulating already? Time to dig out the dozens of alternate House mixes...:)

purple jim
10-06-09, 12:03 PM
There was an alternate HBD on the "1968 AD" bootleg which crackled like an acetate. A comparison with that might give clues to what this is.

Olvator
10-06-09, 12:37 PM
i am sure it the same mix that is circulating already as the HBD acetate version, yes.

thunderbaas
10-06-09, 04:37 PM
The 1968ad "crackle"version is the same as the HBD acetate version from "Electric Gypsy" a thread that I posted here sometime ago. I'll try to reseed that one if anyone is interested,the sound of that version is much brighter than the 1968ad version,but the heavy echo on the intro defenitly makes it the same version as 1986ad's.The ebay sampler sounds to my ears almost identical to the studio version.

rocknroll
10-06-09, 09:41 PM
damn I wish I could afford to get that
it looks beautiful
if I'm ever able to get my hands on something like that
I'll rip it with my USB turntable and upload it here

bolexje
10-08-09, 04:53 AM
just for everybodies information:
I was going to try and bid on this ( with my own money ) and if I acquire it, I will certainly put up the resulting audio here on CTT, regardless if it's something that is already existing or not.
If anybody else wants to bid on this, please send me a PM, so we don't end up bidding against each other like crazy, my budget is limited.
I don't think this acetate is as valuable as the love session, so I am not bidding amounts in that category.

bolexje
10-12-09, 08:55 AM
sorry,
somebody outbid me at the last second :(, so I won't be able to share this acetate here on CTT. If anybody else acquired this, please let us listen to it.

purple jim
10-12-09, 09:46 AM
Another acetate seems is up for sale now - "Gypsy Eyes" - same link as above

bolexje
10-12-09, 10:53 AM
Another acetate seems is up for sale now - "Gypsy Eyes" - same link as above

Thanks, I'll give this one a try too !

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250512487836&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_949wt_909

:bananasmile:Actually, I just bought this one directly from the seller, so I wil have something to share here in a short while.
Hopefully it is some sort of new mix...
And if not it wil be fun to listen to anyway

Roland Stone
10-12-09, 10:41 PM
From the Ebay snippet, I can tell its certainly not the official ELL release. But there are a lot of Gypsy Eyes outtakes and alternate mixes in circulation. Hard to tell if this one is completely new. I just wonder how this mix ended up on acetate? There's a story in there for sure, but we'll probably never know.

bolexje
10-13-09, 03:50 AM
There was an alternate HBD on the "1968 AD" bootleg which crackled like an acetate. A comparison with that might give clues to what this is.

As I just received the complete audio from the 'House Burning Down' acetate I can say with certainty that it is not the same as the 'acetate' on the '1968 A.D.' CD. For starters, this one is running at the right speed, and the instrumental part after the first verse is not there on this newly discovered version. Maybe it is just and edit, maybe another mix.
The same goes for the gypsy eyes, it sounds quite identical to the '1986 AD'version ( Gypsy Eyes (2) according to the Benjamin Franklin studios Part 1 Book ) but it may very well be a different edit or mix.

bolexje
10-28-09, 02:39 PM
As I am still waiting for the acetate of 'Gypsy Eyes' to arrive ( some custom problems ), I will at least share here the sound of the other acetate, that I unfortunately did not acquire ( I was outbid ) but the friendly Ebayer sent me an mp3 of the whole acetate.
I checked with the 'Jimi Hendrix 1968 A.D.'-cd and this acetate is different for sure from the existing versions, if only for the way it is edited.
Sorry, it is only an MP#@3, it's all I have..

norocker
10-28-09, 09:12 PM
Thanks for posting this. It sounds like someone rearranged the verses somewhat with a slightly different mix. Some of the "edits" aren't super smooth, though. Why someone went to the trouble of making an acetate of it, I guess we'll never know. Looking forward to hearing Gypsy Eyes too.

sunrise
10-29-09, 06:13 AM
Thanks for sharing!!
Alternate mixes are always interesting!

bolexje
11-30-09, 05:31 AM
So, after a long journey the Acetate for "Gypsy Eyes" finally reached my mailbox, and I transferred it and was ready to share it here, but after good listening and comparing I concluded that this mix is the exact same as the one on the "1968 AD" CD. The only difference being that the drum/guitar outro has been cut loose and was transferred to the acetate disc as a little intro. It all makes me wonder about the authenticity of this acetate.....And therefore I don't think torrenting it here wil do anybody any good.
Does anybody have any experience with or more knowledge about these so called acetates ?