PDA

View Full Version : What are you experiencing now?

vibratinglens
10-28-09, 09:46 PM
Listening to Red House from Sporthalle, Germany 1969 and just loving the improvisation Jimi allows himself to transport you through all ranges of emotion, vibrational cosmic transportations and senses. I do truly love this song and feel it is my favorite Jimi song. Comments? Queries?

Makkinen
10-28-09, 10:34 PM
I agree. Jimi is the 'Master God' of (Electronic) blues. That's where he's completely at home and although rarely pointed out he's probably the best and most original blues player that ever lived.
Red House is a blues master-piece. Together with Machine Gun, Voodoo Child and Hear my Train forms his 'blues tetralogy'.
Evolved from compact-structured 3-minutes 'blues-hit' to San Diego's nearly 15 minutes long blues-epic saga it defines everything Jimi's music is really about.
Listening to all variations of sounds and emotions he was capable of creating through such a simple form is always breath taking.
Red House, oh my God, what a gigantic human achievemnt!!
What a mystery! Mystery of true art!
An eternal fire that will burn the imagination of all musicians to come and
witness about a deep humanity of a unique soul once called: Jimi Hendrix.

vibratinglens
10-28-09, 10:44 PM
I agree. Jimi is the 'Master God' of (Electronic) blues. That's where he's completely at home and although rarely pointed out he's probably the best and most original blues player that ever lived.
Red House is a blues master-piece. Together with Machine Gun, Voodoo Child and Hear my Train forms his 'blues tetralogy'.
Evolved from compact-structured 3-minutes 'blues-hit' to San Diego's nearly 15 minutes long blues-epic saga it defines everything Jimi's music is really about.
Listening to all variations of sounds and emotions he was capable of creating through such a simple form is always breath taking.
Red House, oh my God, what a gigantic human achievemnt!!
What a mystery! Mystery of true art!
An eternal fire that will burn the imagination of all musicians to come and
witness about a deep humanity of a unique soul once called: Jimi Hendrix.
:happyboy7hq: I AGREE!!!!

Experiencereunited
10-28-09, 11:19 PM
Electric Lady Sessions. Cherokee Mist. What a great version.

vibratinglens
10-29-09, 12:10 AM
Electric Lady Sessions. Cherokee Mist. What a great version.
Again another wonderful choice. I love these replies don't let them stop.:thayou219bl:

MourningStar
10-29-09, 12:57 AM
Jimi's 'Red House' - the axis for all electric blues past, present and beyond ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/AVATAR/peace5.gif

vibratinglens
10-29-09, 10:47 AM
Jimi's 'Red House' - the axis for all electric blues past, present and beyond ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/AVATAR/peace5.gif
I was invited on stage to perform this song about 17 years ago and had no idea how it went and I had my one and hopefully only panic attack, totally disabled my mind, worst experience ever on stage. It was that feeling of OMG, I don't know this song and everyone is going to think I am an idiot. I started buying every Jimi disc I could find and that is when my obsession with Jimi began. Thank you MourningStar.

purple jim
10-29-09, 11:16 AM
My own reconstruction of the 1967 Paris show from 3 sources:
- Paris 67/San Francisco 68
- MCA Box
- Je Vous Aime Beaucoup (bootleg)

Only "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" missing dammit !

norocker
10-29-09, 10:51 PM
I've been experiencing the Feb 68 shows. I really love this run (that we have evidence of). The songs were played without much improv, but there's something about the wide variety of songs and changing set lists that make these shows fun. Maybe some sort of still having a little innocence left and taking the USA on for the first proper tour of the country. Of course there are several versions of Tax Free which is always a plus in my book. Chicago is the only real letdown of what's circulating, but that's only b/c it's cut up so much. Listen to 'em again, I say.

vibratinglens
10-30-09, 03:04 AM
My own reconstruction of the 1967 Paris show from 3 sources:
- Paris 67/San Francisco 68
- MCA Box
- Je Vous Aime Beaucoup (bootleg)

Only "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" missing dammit !

Sounds very interesting.