PDA

View Full Version : Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

kees1954
12-03-09, 04:55 PM
Wow: the bonus DVD of the 40th Anniversary edition actually has the backstage footage of Jimi: 1-2 minutes including the short jam with Mick Taylor WITH SOUND!!!!!!!!

dino77
12-03-09, 05:00 PM
Wow: the bonus DVD of the 40th Anniversary edition actually has the backstage footage of Jimi: 3-5 minutes including the short jam with Mick Taylor WITH SOUND!!!!!!!!

Wow, have you actually seen/heard this?

kees1954
12-03-09, 05:43 PM
I did, the box set arrived today together with The Doors Felt Forum 6CD set.
I'm in heaven.

ilovejimi
12-03-09, 06:52 PM
I did, the box set arrived today together with The Doors Felt Forum 6CD set.
I'm in heaven.
holy smokes- we think alike- I bought the same Stones and Doors sets

ilovejimi
12-03-09, 07:32 PM
talked to James Karnbach again (owner of the MSG video with the phone number on it 212-598-1400). Over a year ago he told me that this footage of Jimi backstage at the Stones concert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGNbXoP5y4c has the complete sound available (another microphone captured it). Now that this Stones set (3cd and 1 dvd) has come out and shows very little of that footage (about a minute); I asked James K, why was'nt all the footage used (even though its a Stones project -it is still a significant piece). James says dosent know why the decision to show very little jimi backstage was done :confused:but still swares the complete audio absolutly exist.:wave: I believe him because the youtube video shows a portion (minute +or minus a few seconds) without sound whereas the same portion in the 40th Anniversary edition has it with sound(about 10 more seconds of Jimi's guitar can be heard albeit the camera is not on him during the 10 seconds). A few seconds of sound (JImi) is heard in both the commercial and boot version (Keith Laughing whereas,his head toching Jimi's shoulder as he leans in).

ilovejimi
12-03-09, 09:10 PM
Wow: the bonus DVD of the 40th Anniversary edition actually has the backstage footage of Jimi: 3-5 minutes including the short jam with Mick Taylor WITH SOUND!!!!!!!!

I added up the footage which comes in about 1 minute total. Take a look at the boot version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGNbXoP5y4c- the segments that appear in the commercial version are found (roughly give or take a few seconds) 3:01-3:06, 3:22-3:25, 3:45-3:49, 4:44-4:52, 6:22-6:40:fnd2022:

kees1954
12-04-09, 04:59 AM
Guys like you and me, living in a psychedelic time capsule, are having a hard time. I spent a lot of money this year, especially on all the Woodstock releases.

At 1:16 we can see a short glimpse of Jimi getting out of the parking lot below the MSG. Isn't that Collette Mimram walking with the Stones entourage through the corridors?

ilovejimi
12-04-09, 12:09 PM
Guys like you and me, living in a psychedelic time capsule, are having a hard time. I spent a lot of money this year, especially on all the Woodstock releases.

At 1:16 we can see a short glimpse of Jimi getting out of the parking lot below the MSG. Isn't that Collette Mimram walking with the Stones entourage through the corridors?

Im not sure if that is Collette (I was wondering myself).

Tell me about it- Im going broke buying all that old stuff-- the stones stuff I copied and put back for sale on amazon.com (broke even)

I saved a little money tough -- there some stuff I found on the torrents- Stones in the Park and John Lennon (Sweet Toronto- Yoko ruins this video).

Im tring to find a torrent of on old vhs i used to have- believe it was called Stamping Grounds.

Let me know what you think of the Doors set (Felt Forum).

The Doors according to Rhino (told me via email) that they would release the movie called "When Youre Strange"-- so far that has not happened.

Being a Doors fan -- try to find Jimi Morrison's short movie called HWY (or Highway-- and Feast of Friends (might be something on you tube)

lol -"psychedelic time capsule" its a good place to be-- get ready for next year- looks like we'll have to pull out the wallets to buy EH stuff all over again :wave:

Olvator
12-04-09, 12:39 PM
Im tring to find a torrent of on old vhs i used to have- believe it was called Stamping Grounds-- it has some good late 60's stuff.

:wave:

Stamping Ground rings a bell in my memory, wasn´t that the title of the documentary about the Kralingen Pop Festival in Holland in 1970??

I also only have it on VHS somewhere. I guess Kees might have a better copy?

kees1954
12-04-09, 02:33 PM
Stamping Ground rings a bell in my memory, wasn´t that the title of the documentary about the Kralingen Pop Festival in Holland in 1970??

I do!! Also recommended is the film "Groupies." Just noticed today that there is a new DVD from Glastonbury 1971 with amongst others Traffic and Terry Reid.

ilovejimi
12-04-09, 03:56 PM

yes yes- that is the one :)

stplsd
12-04-09, 04:17 PM
Isn't that Collette Mimram walking with the Stones entourage through the corridors?
Doesn't look like her to me, well different, and Jimi was with Devon that night - until she went of with Jagger;-)

kees1954
12-04-09, 05:27 PM
Doesn't look like her to me, well different, and Jimi was with Devon that night - until she went of with Jagger;-)
There is a glimpse of Jimi and Devon (with pony tail) leaving the parking lot after approx. 1 minute in the beginning of the DVD.

stplsd
12-04-09, 07:33 PM
There is a glimpse of Jimi and Devon (with pony tail) leaving the parking lot after approx. 1 minute in the beginning of the DVD.

Nice! Is this only on the (very expensive & I can'tafford) Ya Ya's vid? Hope not;-)

kees1954
12-05-09, 03:51 AM
Nice! Is this only on the (very expensive & I can'tafford) Ya Ya's vid? Hope not;-)

There is also an extended Gimme Shelter DVD released a few years back. It is a little less expensive. I haven't checked but if memory serves me right, it also has the scene where Stones + entourage arrive at the Garden. For sure Gimme Shelter doesn't have any of the backstage scenes including the jam with Mick Taylor. It is very nice to be able to watch how Jimi is digging Mick's slide playing!

stplsd
12-07-09, 05:23 PM
"Doesn't look like her to me, well different, and Jimi was with Devon that night - until she went of with Jagger;-)"

^
I was looking at a crap copy that didn't have that bit. Now I've seen Ya-Yas - it looks like Devon and Collette for sure;-)

bogey_j
12-07-09, 06:25 PM
"Doesn't look like her to me, well different, and Jimi was with Devon that night - until she went of with Jagger;-)"

^
I was looking at a crap copy that didn't have that bit. Now I've seen Ya-Yas - it looks like Devon and Collette for sure;-)

is this the same scene you guys are talking about? from around 5:09-5:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqqaw9iN0Js

stplsd
12-07-09, 07:36 PM
is this the same scene you guys are talking about? from around 5:09-5:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqqaw9iN0Js

Yeah, but in Ya-Ya's it's filmed by a different camera from a different angle and goes on a bit longer, Jagger gets out the car first, in youtube you can't see Jimi & Collette here, but the woman filmed rubbing her eye with her hair tied back (Jagger can just be seen here having a tussle with Jimi - who can't be seen) and from the back in the brightly coloured chinese jacket is Devon, Jimi and Collette are behind her at this point, off camera

longjam
12-27-09, 05:34 AM
i saw the DVD and was a bit of disappointing
even Jimi's music was edited OUT from the sound, we can hear briefly jimi only when is not on the frame, and when is IN there is a different sound track of only Mick playin....fear of Janie estate????
BTW No jimi at all...