PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of the Rainbow Bridge

stplsd
12-09-09, 05:08 AM
Some of this sounds very similar to some of Jimi's writings and interviews, Bold As Love (rainbow of colours/ "just ask the axis"), his talk about the magnetic axis of the Earth changing, bringing a new civilisation etc.. It would appear he took a bit of interest in Chuck, DePrendergast, Jeffery & co's Rainbow shenanigans. Antahkarana was the name of the production co. for the film. Also the original title was to have been "Wave" - see the Rainbow Bridge meditation below the antahkarana article ("...By establishing this world-wide telepathic Earth wave..."). And then there was the sub-title - "A Vibratory Color Sound Experiment." ("...genuinely positive thought vibrations...") It would seems that this planetary cult is/was a spiritual extension of the Gaia Hypothesis.

THE <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:PlaceName>RAINBOW</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>BRIDGE</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> - ANTAHKARANA<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
There is the material world and the spiritual. Between lies the universal mind which is also the universal heart. It is wise love that makes the two one. Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, I Am That<o:p></o:p>
The <st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Rainbow</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> or antahkarana, as it is also known, exists for the purpose of bridging the mundane to the spiritual. It does this through three channels:
A life thread or direct link between our spiritual and physical being;
a consciousness thread linking the soul to the mind;
and a creative thread which extends the spiritual axis outwards into daily living.
If the life and consciousness threads are thought of as the rails of a ladder, the creative thread can be seen as the rungs. These rungs link two independent rails into a fully functioning whole down which spiritual truth may descend and the aspirants of the world may climb up. Consequently, the <st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Rainbow</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> is responsible for conditioning human existence in line with divine purpose and plan. In other words the two most important commandments, to love God and to love humanity, rely entirely on the construction of the <st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Rainbow</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>.<o:p></o:p>
The antahkarana is a Sanskrit term. Translated literally it means that which acts or works between ‘Antar’, meaning between or intermediate, and ‘karana’, the present participle of ‘kri’, to do. The implication is that the antahkarana is the string making God’s puppet dance. However, there is a general consensus that this is not always the meaning that ought to be inferred. The celebrated yogi, B.K.S. Iyengar, defines the antahkarana as the conscience, the being with knowledge. The first interpretation allows no place for the free agency of the human spirit. The second allows for both awareness and action by the personality within the context of an overarching spirituality. <o:p></o:p>
The <st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Rainbow</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> derives its name from the fusion of all the colours of the seven Rays, the archetypal universal energies that are wielded and mastered by the pilgrim upon the eternal Path of Life. This connecting bridge eventually brings about right relationship to all spheres of planetary Life: the natural, the human and the divine. Like a spider that builds its gossamer web, so we, too, weave the connecting threads out of our own being that link the outer and inner worlds to eventually reveal “a promised land of beauty, love and future vision.” Such an inclusive sensitivity enables us to respond to the unfolding Plan of God with skill in action. From a human perspective, weaving the Rainbow Bridge, through meditation, nurtures a purposeful loving rapport to God and to our neighbours. The practice of focused lighted thought or meditation results in the alignment or the unimpeded relationship between soul and personality. The Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, calls this state “seeing deeply”. When we see with the eye of the soul, all is light. We can see the interconnectedness of all the lives that surround us. In the Ageless Wisdom teachings, we are reminded that, before we can tread the spiritual Path, we must become the Path itself. <o:p></o:p>
Step by step, and stage by stage, throughout the millennia, each human soul draws out of his or her being the radiant rainbow bridge, which connects us to the one universal Fount of Life. The path is an ever progressive inward movement in consciousness, from the periphery of the outer worlds to the inner causal realms, liberating us from the imprisonment of matter, and releasing us into the “freedom of the heavens”.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p><st1:place><st1:PlaceName></st1:PlaceName></st1:place></o:p>
<o:p><st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Rainbow</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> Meditation<o:p></o:p>

The purpose of this Meditation is to generate a telepathic wave of love that connects ourselves with the center of the Earth, with the bipolar rainbow alternators that hold Earth's magnetic fields in place, and with all of the other planetary kin who are doing the same meditation. By establishing this world-wide telepathic Earth wave we are creating a matrix of communication which brings the noosphere - Earth's mental envelope - ever closer into conscious manifestation. This matrix also provides a protective field of genuinely positive thought vibrations meant to maintain Earth's resonant field in a state of harmony and peace. <o:p></o:p>
The goal of this annual meditation exercise is to actually manifest Earth's Rainbow bridge - the day-night alternators of Earth's magnetic field - by the closing of the cycle, Winter (North) Summer (South) solstice, 2012.<o:p></o:p>
This <st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Rainbow</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> is the bridge of peace long prophesied that will permanently connect the third-dimensional Earth with the fourth and <o:p></o:p>
higher dimensions, assuring a peace and harmony that will not be able to be broken. In order that all beings may participate in this meditation whether or not they have ever heard of the synchronic order, we offer this universal version of the Day Out of Time.
<st1:place><st1:PlaceName>Rainbow</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType>Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> World Peace Meditation.<o:p></o:p>

You may do this alone or in a group - early in the day is best, but whenever you do it is fine. If you are in a group, gather in a circle if you can, seated on the ground or floor if possible, with your legs crossed. Take a few deep breaths, inhaling what is negative, transmuting that within yourself and then exhaling what is positive and purifying. Then close your eyes.
Visualize that you are in the center of the Earth.
Then visualize the giant octahedron crystal core. Four faces of the crystal end in a point along the North polar axis. The other Four join at a point aligned with the South polar axis.
Surrounding the giant octahedron crystal is the Earth's inner membrane, like a drum resonating the surface of the outer Earth. The Northern half of the crystal has two red and two white faces; the Southern half has two blue and two yellow faces.<o:p></o:p>
Now you go inside the crystal.<o:p></o:p>
In the center of this giant crystal is an intensely blazing point of white light. An etheric column or axis of light extends North and South from the blazing center point through the tips of the octahedron going on to the North and South poles at the Earth's exterior. Around this etheric vertical magnetic axis of light, are two intertwined flux tubes through which plasmic energy is continuously passing. Coiled around each other like the two strands of DNA, the flux tubes are red and blue in color. They deliver <o:p></o:p>
plasma -electrically charged ions - to the blazing point at the center of the Earth.<o:p></o:p>
Strung on the northern axis of this column of light with the two flux tubes wound around it is the red time atom. Around the southern axis of light is the blue time atom. The red and blue polar time atoms turn in opposite directions to each other, the red northern time atom in a clockwise direction, the blue southern time atom in a counterclockwise direction. The time atoms consist of seven points: <o:p></o:p>
a center point two points at either end of the vertical axis, and two points each -four points in all- equidistant to each other on either side of the central axis. The six outer points of the time atoms are almost in the shape of a hexagon, a six-sided figure.
The gravitational plane of the octahedron crystal, emanates horizontally out from the blazing luminous center of the crystal, extending to the four points that mark the edges of the crystal, where the four northern and four southern faces of the octahedron meet.
The gravitational plane connecting these four points is like the base of two pyramids - one pyramid extends from this base with four faces to the northern point of the octahedron, and the other four faces to the southern point.
Along this gravitational plane exactly opposite each other are two more time atoms: a white one and yellow one. These two gravitational time atoms are constructed just as the red and blue polar time atoms, except that their two axial points are aligned with the gravitational plane, lying on their side as it were and perpendicular to the polar time atoms. These white and yellow time atoms turn around like paddle wheelers making a slow circular motion, counterclockwise, from left to right around the <o:p></o:p>
central point of blazing luminosity.<o:p></o:p>
Once you have visualized the octahedron crystal core of the Earth with its eight faces, four time atoms, etheric column of light and two flux tubes, then visualize that from the center of the crystal a great stream of multicolored plasma filled light shoots up in both directions toward both of Earth's poles.
Now you have gone from the center of the Earth to a point out in space where you are seeing the whole Earth. While you can still see the crystal octahedron at the center of the Earth, at the North and South poles the stream of light shoots out to become a great double rainbow bridge -the day alternator and the night alternator of Earth's magnetic field made visible. Two rainbow streams connect the North and South Poles of the Earth, exactly 180 degrees apart from each other. As the Earth slowly revolves on its axis, this rainbow bridge remains steady and constant, unmoving.<o:p></o:p>
Once you have completed the visualization take the whole Earth revolving beneath the rainbow bridge and place it in your heart. <o:p></o:p>
Imagine the two streams of light shooting out through your central column above your head and beneath your feet. Now they make a similar rainbow bridge around your body, holding your aura in place.<o:p></o:p>
Now you and the Earth are one. The Rainbow Bridge of World Peace is real.<o:p></o:p>
There is a science behind all of this. What exists at first in the imagination, visualized by enough people in a telepathic wave of love, will in time become a reality.<o:p></o:p>
</o:p>
<o:p>[Not really my cup-of-tea, but, wow! that's a trip!]</o:p>

stplsd
12-10-09, 05:11 AM
Made a few significant changes to the above

thefrenchowl
12-10-09, 02:07 PM
... I'd rather listen to Jimi than read/understand this drivel...

Patrick

stplsd
12-10-09, 02:53 PM
^
Whatever. As I said "it's not my-cup-of-tea" either. Nobody's asking you to read it, or understand it. It may well be "drivel" -one man's drivel is another man's trip - it's just an insight into what Jimi & co were into - however superficially. I believe his lyrics were part of his music, no? Many people are under the illusion that the 'Rainbow Bridge' concert was so named as it was performed at a place called such, or even 'Rainbow Ridge', it was actually performed in a gently sloping, lush pasture with some trees, not far above Seabury Hall, so I thought it may be interesting to wise them up to what the 'Rainbow Bridge' actually was. No need to get upset;-)

thefrenchowl
12-10-09, 04:07 PM
Paraphrasing Zappa...

:confused: :confused: :confused: Rainbow Bridge are mute people who can't sign telling people who can't see that they should listen to the Deaf One... Fat chance... :confused: :confused: :confused:

As much drivel as above, but consise!!!

Patrick

stplsd
12-10-09, 04:42 PM
Paraphrasing Zappa...

:confused: :confused: :confused: Rainbow Bridge are mute people who can't sign telling people who can't see that they should listen to the Deaf One... Fat chance... :confused: :confused: :confused:

What are you struggling to say here? What is confusing you ?

As much drivel as above, but consise!!!

Patrick

Duh?

By the way, Jimi hated going to Hawaii and the Rainbow Bridge people so much that he went back to Maui after the Honolulu gig for a further ten days.

purple jim
12-11-09, 01:23 AM
This is an interesting post. It helps to understand what was going on in the heads of all those who put together the Rainbow Bridge Vibratory Color/Sound Experiment.

cleanuponaisle76
12-11-09, 06:35 AM
the Rainbow Bridge is internal more than it is external. the bridge is an analogy for raising the dormant energy within up your spine.

microcosm is macrocosm, so the lowest chakra is a red color/vibration just as the lowest ray of a rainbow is red, and the highest is violet.

and by this logic, the white light symbolizes merging with the source/creator, this is a level that a many a Yogi in the past have reached.

this post coincides with some of of Vedic philosophy, but it seems too sugarcoated and erroneous for my liking.

thefrenchowl
12-11-09, 08:05 AM
Purple Jim: It helps to understand what was going on in the heads of all those who put together the Rainbow Bridge Vibratory Color/Sound Experiment.

Hi Purple Jim,

The lack of heads or directions more like...

Now, do I get this right? Not only would I have to understand Jimi's head to get his music (fair enough, we can only try...) but I also would have to understand his fcuked up entourage as well??? Fat chance, I'll stick to the main act.

And all the hangers-on can go and stuff themselves full of pseudo whatever they're into. I don't believe for a second they had any influence on Jimi's output, apart from the nuisance and the hassle...

Patrick

stplsd
12-11-09, 09:31 AM
^
No probs, nobody says you have to do anything, you can always make no attempt to understand his lyrics, or philosophy, do we care?

Such a "nuisance & a hassle" that he chose to spend a further ten days with them after his last US concert;-) ha-ha-ha

stplsd
12-11-09, 09:47 AM
the Rainbow Bridge is internal more than it is external.
I think that this is spelt out in no uncertain terms in the articles I posted, obviously no one is suggesting that your physical body goes into space and views the World with all these rays and whatever;-)

and by this logic, .
I don't see any logic in this

the white light symbolizes merging with the source/creator, this is a level that a many a Yogi in the past have reached.
And many average Joe's, spontaneously, without any knowledge of any of this.
As for vedic philosophy - check out India

MourningStar
12-11-09, 11:04 AM
... It helps to understand what was going on in the heads of all those who put together the Rainbow Bridge Vibratory Color/Sound Experiment.What's to understand? One simple word : drugs!

:minipersonen065:

stplsd
12-11-09, 12:26 PM
^
Drugs (acid) - yes! but unfortunately [?] complicated by a load of mystic bollocks (as were [some of] the Beatles, John McLaughlin, Santana etc etc..) - that is if any of them really believed in it or were they just posers? Chuck & "scorpio woman" (supposedly) Melinda Merriweather seem to be still into it. Amazingly a lot of people get into this kind of nonsense without drugs! just check out out the crap organised religion spouts - ha-ha-ha

purple jim
12-11-09, 01:02 PM
I had always wondered what the hell was going on at Mauii. That "Vibratory Color/Sound Experiment" thing with all those flags with symbols. One crazy bunch of hippies, Man. A sect really, I suppose.
Hey maybe Jimi should have joined up and stayed there. He could have built a recording studio and just sent his beautiful music out to the people of the world,…Man.

stplsd
12-11-09, 01:32 PM
^
According to the "scorpio woman" (supposedly) Melinda Merriweather, that was discussed. And I'm sure Jimi mentioned something like that, I must look it up!
Most of the audience were just local heads etc. - not part of the Rainbow Bridge cult.

cleanuponaisle76
12-11-09, 08:51 PM
I think that this is spelt out in no uncertain terms in the articles I posted, obviously no one is suggesting that your physical body goes into space and views the World with all these rays and whatever;-)

I don't see any logic in this

And many average Joe's, spontaneously, without any knowledge of any of this.
As for vedic philosophy - check out India

actually, some people do suggest that. its a thing called astral travel and Jimi Hendrix was allegedly quite fond of it. Yogi's have went into detail on this and its a very real, yet esoteric concept.
and esoteric realization is nature's way.
the divine cannot be expressed but rather experienced.

perhaps you and I view merging with the source differently. doing so takes many years or selfless service (karma yoga), meditation, abstinence, and contemplation...it's not something that happens by accident lol, and if you did it (in this age atleast), you'd be far from an average joe.

Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda (he too started out as an atheist)...these men have great information on these concepts without the drug induced sugarcoating. it's just sad so many of you throw out the baby with the bathwater and chock it all up to drugs.

thanks for the tip, but I have checked out India...I've been there numerous times.

why do you fail to see the logic in macrocosm-microcosm?
white light represents more than you realize; in the context of my statement, it represents the highest frequency for the spirit, purity, which is when a beings point of awareness (kundalini energy, chi, etc.), is raised until it is no longer of the body and is one with the creator.
why do you think Jesus said that "my fathers kingdom is within"?

I reject all religions because nature has provided all, but spirituality is a big part of my life.

thats what I believe anyways...whatever I tell you is for your good...

stplsd
12-12-09, 03:37 AM
actually, some people do suggest that. its a thing called astral travel and Jimi Hendrix was allegedly quite fond of it. Yogi's have went into detail on this and its a very real, yet esoteric concept.
Yeah but it's an out-of-body experience, your physical body doesn't zoom off into outerspace ha-ha-ha

perhaps you and I view merging with the source differently. doing so takes many years or selfless service (karma yoga), meditation, abstinence, and contemplation...it's not something that happens by accident lol, and if you did it (in this age atleast), you'd be far from an average joe.

Some people just have to work hard at it. To others it just happens spontaneously. I think you are mixing this up with Nirvana maybe?

MourningStar
12-12-09, 04:12 PM
All this hullaballoo reminds me of a personal incident I will never forget. One band I had formed, I converted my garage into a rehearsal/practice room, sound-proofed it and the whole works. Anyways, one evening we were really getting into this one jam and the groove was pushing everyone to get louder and louder. As a drummer I'm really gettin' into this right? Finally, the lead singer stops the jam and says to me "Hey Marc, we're too loud! Someone's bound to call the police!" I tell her not to worry about it because it's only a dream I'm having and I'm really inside the house asleep right now. Everyone turns to me with that "oh man, you lost your mind or what?" look. I say "Oh yeah? Follow me." I then lead the band into the house to my bedroom, open the door and everyone looks inside and all jaws drop as we all look at me and my lady peacefully slumbering away.

Astral projection? Nah! I just call it dreaming and it happens to me all the time (tho not as often anymore since I quit drugs and alcohol long ago).

cleanuponaisle76
12-12-09, 04:40 PM
Yeah but it's an out-of-body experience, your physical body doesn't zoom off into outerspace ha-ha-ha

Some people just have to work hard at it. To others it just happens spontaneously. I think you are mixing this up with Nirvana maybe?
to put it in vedic terms, I'm talking about Samadhi. there many different levels of this, but I was referring to plain god realization. just like there are different levels of nirvana. you must be specific when throwing around words like that.

we all spontaneously leave our bodies every night, but when you're conscious of it thats whats called projection. many dreams are out of body "memories".

stplsd
12-12-09, 07:52 PM
Astral projection? Nah! I just call it dreaming and it happens to me all the time (tho not as often anymore since I quit drugs and alcohol long ago).

Amusing tale, but is an out-of-body experience "less valid" when you are asleep? I don't think so. Who's to say people allegedly experiencing this while "awake" are not temporarily asleep anyway.

to put it in vedic terms, I'm talking about Samadhi. there many different levels of this, but I was referring to plain god realization. just like there are different levels of nirvana. you must be specific when throwing around words like that.

It's all getting too into the gobbledygook now, byeee.

cleanuponaisle76
12-12-09, 09:06 PM
you mean, as much as everybody tells you to stfu, you finally do when presented with the most basic and natural topic of the deep meditative state?

either Sanskrit scares you now (it didn't when you posted the topic? double standards), or you're copping out in a very uncreative way...the latter is evident.

I guess gobbledygook is gobbledygook when someones using it against you, not when you're posting a topic (which you refuse to expand on).

rather ironic stplsd.

MourningStar
12-12-09, 09:25 PM
you mean, as much as everybody tells you to stfu, you finally do ... blah blah woof woof ...Hey don't sweat over it. stplsd may have (wishful thinking?) realized the topic was veering away from being 'Hendrix-related' as this forum is titled.

(with the shitload of moderators on this site one would think they would 'moderate' ey? - ;) )

yeah, I know, I'm guilty too lol!

:thban1:

cleanuponaisle76
12-12-09, 10:01 PM
for good measure, here is Hendrix talking about the pre astral state.

have you ever laid in bed and you was in this complete state where you couldn't move? and you feel like you're going deeper and deeper into that, and it's not sleep, but it's something else. and everytime I go into that I say, "ah hell, I'm scared as hell", and you get all scared and stuff and so you try to say "help, help". you can't move (hypnagognic state) and so you try to say "help, help."you can't move and you can't speak but you say "help, help", and you finally get out of it, you know. you just can't move. it's a very funny feeling. but one time that feeling was coming through me and I say "aha, here we go. this time I'm just gonna let it happen and see where I go". I just wanted to see what happens and it was really getting scary, man, it was going whooosshhhe, like that, you know. and I said, "I'm not even asleep, this is really strange."

-Meatball Fulton, ZBS radio 1969

stplsd
12-13-09, 08:57 AM
either Sanskrit scares you now (it didn't when you posted the topic? double standards

I'm not going to be scared of a language am I, get real. I just posted up the RB stuff 'coz I was curious how it related to Hendrixand I found a couple of articles, thought others may be interested on where the title came from too.

I'm not really that interested though, I don't want to get into all that hare krishna stuff.

cleanuponaisle76
12-13-09, 11:37 AM
I hate the Hare Krishna movement as much as you, but there's no reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater, it's kinda said when people equate honest meditation and soul observations with a movement started by Indian propagandists.

but I do believe that Jimi Hendrix figured out astral traveling.
personally I was too scared to get past the state where you almost can't move and you're body is vibrating super fast, you hear buzzing all around you, etc., etc., but I should give it a shot one of these days.

I do think that Jimi was into this and maybe even incorporated it into his lyrics.

for example, the original lyrics of Purple Haze do sound an awful lot like the first moments of out of body traveling.

"Purple Haze beyond insane
Is it pleasure, Is it pain?
Down on the ceiling looking up at my bed,
see my body painted blue and red."

the first thing that most people do when leaving their body is looking back at it. here's some more Hendrix interview:

"Music is going to break the way. There'll be a day when houses will be made of diamonds and emeralds which won't have any value anymore and they'd last longer in a rainstorm than a wooden house. Bullets'll be fairy tales. They'll be a renaissance from bad to completely pure and good, from lost to found. The everyday mud world we're living in today compared to the spiritual world is like a parasite compared to the ocean and the ocean is the biggest living thing you know about. One way to approach the spiritual side is facing the truth. People who make a lot of money, they get sadder and sadder 'cause deep down they feel a hurt. So they go and buy a prostitute on Saturday and go to church on Sunday and pray down on the ground in a little salt box, hearing another man who has the same problems preach, and the collection plate keeps going around and around. That man thinks he's found religion but he gets hurt more and more because he's not going toward the spiritual side which is the way the atmosphere is.

Atmospheres are going to come through music because music is in a spiritual thing of its own. It's like the waves of the ocean. You can't just cut out the perfect wave and take it home with you. It's constantly moving all the time. It is the biggest thing electrifying the earth. Music and motion are all part of the race of man.

I don't think what I say is abstract. It's reality. What's unreal is all those people living in cement beehives with no color and making themselves look like their gig and slaving themselves for that one last dollar and crying with millions in their pockets and constantly playing war games and making bets. They're losing themselves in big ego scenes and being above another man in some kind of form. Look at the pips and the congressmen. But I can explain everything better through music. You hypnotize people to where they go right back to their natural state which is pure positive, like in childhood when you got natural highs. And when you get poeple at their weakest point, you can preach into the subconscious what we want to say. That's why the name "electric church" flashes in and out.

People want release any kind of way nowadays. The idea is to release in the proper form. Then they'll feel like going into another world, a clearer world. The music flows from the air; that's why I can connect with a spirit, and when they come down off this natural high, they see clearer, feel different things, don't think of pain and hurting the next person. You think of getting your own thing together. You can't be lazy. You have to look at all the faults you have.

There's no telling how many lives your spirit will go through, die and be reborn. Like my mind will go back in the days when I was a flying horse. Before I can remember anything, I can remember music and stars and planets. I could go to sleep and write 15 symphonies. I had very strange feelings that I was here for something and I was going to get a chance to be heard. I got the guitar together 'cause that was all I had. I used to be really lonely. A musician, if he's a messenger, is like a child who hasn't been handled too many times by man, hasn't had too many fingerprints across the brain. That's why music is so much heavier than anything you ever felt. "

MourningStar
12-13-09, 12:15 PM
^
I have always loved Jimi's rap, a master poet. However, he was also a master put-on and loved science fiction (read: truth mixed with fiction). It is therefore anyone's guess what his true personal philosophy may have been. Only Jimi knew. Enjoyable nonetheless

cleanuponaisle76
12-13-09, 12:47 PM
thats also true. along with Jimi, Chas Chandler was fond of science fiction novels so that influenced a lot of the ideas on AYE I'm sure.

stplsd
12-13-09, 02:20 PM
I hate the Hare Krishna movement as much as you.

I don't see where I said I hate the Hare Krishnas, I just said I didn't want to get into all that 'eastern mysticism' ('Hare Krishna stuff'). I'm just not that interested.

MourningStar
12-13-09, 03:20 PM
thats also true. along with Jimi, Chas Chandler was fond of science fiction novels so that influenced a lot of the ideas on AYE I'm sure.Science Fiction influence on Jimi's stuff run the entire course of his JHE and post-JHE output.

stplsd
12-13-09, 03:32 PM
Not to forget the 1966 U.F.O. with Knight;-)

MourningStar
12-13-09, 03:51 PM
Not to forget the 1966 U.F.O. with Knight;-)

riiiiiiiiight!

thefrenchowl
12-14-09, 02:33 PM
cleanuponaisle76: personally I was too scared to get past the state where you almost can't move and you're body is vibrating super fast, you hear buzzing all around you, etc., etc., but I should give it a shot one of these days.

...Come on, don't be shy, you KNOW you'll love it!!!

From my own experiences, it's extreme hard work to come back out of it... The bloody thing wants to suck you in fully...

Wonder if Jimi was out there on 09/18/70...

Patrick

stplsd
12-14-09, 03:49 PM
Arthur Allan (1972 interviewed for 'A Film About Jimi Hendrix):
[...] “While the-uh, the other type of sleep, you know, the light sleep is coming upon you. You know, there’s two sockets where you can go into. One socket is death and one psyche it-uh-socket is the socket to live, you know, and this is how always I felt, that, because, sometimes… I think they call that a ‘alpha jerk’, you know, you can get a ‘alpha jerk’. An ‘alpha jerk’ is when, you know. Have you ever felt as though, you know, ‘Oh, wow! I’m goin’ into the wrong, wrong-uh, hole here?’ You know, an’ you really feel funny, you feel that, like, that po-possibly is a hole to die. And the other s-side is to go in and sleep and get into your subconcious, or what-not, and sleep, th’-which is what we normally go into. Uh-I believe that Jimmy - possibly - could have went into—got into his ‘alpha jerk field’, you know, and, you know, it, kind of, felt groovy to him because he was high, you know, slightly high, an’ he said, ‘Damn! You know, I’m Jimi Hendrix, I wonder if I can die?’ You know, and-and the ‘alpha jerk’ came on him, and he just s-said, ‘Fuck it, let me try the alpha,’ an’ slipped on out, you know.” […]

cleanuponaisle76
12-14-09, 09:06 PM
...Come on, don't be shy, you KNOW you'll love it!!!

From my own experiences, it's extreme hard work to come back out of it... The bloody thing wants to suck you in fully...

Wonder if Jimi was out there on 09/18/70...

Patrick

of course it's something to love, but my insecurities got the better of me back in the day and I couldn't face the idea of being alone in on the lower astral plane.

I just don't get the notion of death by astral means. Arthur Allen was one of the guys to popularize this (stplsd quotes him above), but it's almost laughable to think that you can be shut out from your body if you ever leave it.

there's actually a silver cord which links the spirit with the body, your body is yours and yours only and you will go back to it indefinitely.
actually, the biggest concern is getting out in the first place, and when you do, it's prolonging your out of body experience.

Pali Gap
12-15-09, 07:13 AM
for good measure, here is Hendrix talking about the pre astral state.

have you ever laid in bed and you was in this complete state where you couldn't move? and you feel like you're going deeper and deeper into that, and it's not sleep, but it's something else. and everytime I go into that I say, "ah hell, I'm scared as hell", and you get all scared and stuff and so you try to say "help, help". you can't move (hypnagognic state) and so you try to say "help, help."you can't move and you can't speak but you say "help, help", and you finally get out of it, you know. you just can't move. it's a very funny feeling. but one time that feeling was coming through me and I say "aha, here we go. this time I'm just gonna let it happen and see where I go". I just wanted to see what happens and it was really getting scary, man, it was going whooosshhhe, like that, you know. and I said, "I'm not even asleep, this is really strange."

-Meatball Fulton, ZBS radio 1969

Hmm I felt like this its quite horrible and i know other people who have too, its like someone needs to just give you a nudge.:-) I think it happens when you really tired, and you body is tired and sleeping but your mind is still active and wakeful. If say your having a busy time with lots to do and organise, you body will be tired, but your mind active and this can happen.

Thanks for you post Stplsd, its good know what the ppl at the vibratory colour sound experiment were on about. They were apparantly friends of Mike Jeffries and its something he was into. Hendrix didnt hate it, but I dont think he liked eating the seaweed and health food! He wanted fried chicken and beer and would sneak off with the roadies.

I think the 60's did change a lot of things we dont think about now. People add more weight now to natural healing like acupuncture, homepathy, and Yoga is extremely fashionable. Health foods etc. If it wasnt for the 60's we wouldt have these things. At least then it wasnt as commercial. Despite the negative side of drug taking.

stplsd
12-16-09, 04:41 PM
Science Fiction influence on Jimi's stuff run the entire course of his JHE and post-JHE output.

Chas: "I had dozens of science fiction books at home. The first one Jimi read was Earth Abides. It wasn't a Flash Gordon-type, it's an end of the world, new beginnining disaster-type story. He started reading, through them all. That’s where ‘Third Stone From the Sun’ and 'Up From the Skies’ came from. . .
[Well, that is always a possibility, but who's to say? Jimi was into SF/Fantasy etc. from an early age and more than likely read a fair bit on his long bus journeys touring the US in the early days]

. . .He used to do the lyrics and I would try and make them a bit more ambiguous." [?]