PDA

View Full Version : JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE 1966-12-29 TOTP "Hey Joe" Live first gen quality Tape

longjam
06-03-10, 01:17 PM
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE
1966-12-29 (Thursday): "Top Of The Pops", BBC Lime Grove Studios,
Area C, Lime Grove, London W12, England, UK

Hey Joe live

# info: with The Breakaways on backing vocals
# audio: original broadcast; 3 minutes, good quality (1)
# audio: rebroadcast on 1967-02-02; 3 minutes, fair quality (1)

Hi Folks...
AS i promised to someone here, here i am with the shortes Torrent ever here.

first source it's from my Friend Marco
( we are three different Marco's on Hendrix collettors circle.......
i'm one of the tree, BTW.........)

second source ( best sound quality) from a very old tape trade i did in late 1988,
i forget the name of the guy, but i remember he was living in RED CAR ( england)
and he told me his wife recorded this on a reel to reel live from the original broadcast

If this is true this recording it's a first gen quality tape

the two files burned together sound as the complete performance

ok?

ciao a tutti

Longjam

kees1954
06-03-10, 03:18 PM
JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE
1966-12-29 (Thursday): "Top Of The Pops", BBC Lime Grove Studios,
Area C, Lime Grove, London W12, England, UK

Hey Joe live

# info: with The Breakaways on backing vocals
# audio: original broadcast; 3 minutes, good quality (1)
# audio: rebroadcast on 1967-02-02; 3 minutes, fair quality (1)

Hi Folks...
AS i promised to someone here, here i am with the shortes Torrent ever here.

first source it's from my Friend Marco
( we are three different Marco's on Hendrix collettors circle.......
i'm one of the tree, BTW.........)

second source ( best sound quality) from a very old tape trade i did in late 1988,
i forget the name of the guy, but i remember he was living in RED CAR ( england)
and he told me his wife recorded this on a reel to reel live from the original broadcast

If this is true this recording it's a first gen quality tape

the two files burned together sound as the complete performance

ok?

ciao a tutti

Longjam

Fantastic sound Marco. A real asset to Jimi's memory!

manfree
06-03-10, 03:32 PM
I Thank You

johanincr
06-03-10, 03:44 PM
Thanks to the Marco's and the guy in the red car!

Next time, please convert your WAV files to FLAC files before making the torrent.

It would result in a even smaller torrent :-)

Thanks again, i never heard this one before.

dino77
06-03-10, 04:04 PM
Easily the best quality version yet!
Thanks you very much.

voodoo_child58
06-03-10, 04:42 PM
Grazie Marco ...

firstrays
06-03-10, 04:52 PM
Marco,
many thanks.
Isn't this the same version(s) as the collectors set Saga 66/67 Moonbeams & Fairytales- Disc 2 Track 17? That was a composite, sounds very similar?

voodn
06-03-10, 06:16 PM
Nothing wrong with a short one. It is what it is.

Thanks!

gord k.

twood70
06-03-10, 07:16 PM
Many thanks!

longjam
06-04-10, 12:02 PM
Marco,
many thanks.
Isn't this the same version(s) as the collectors set Saga 66/67 Moonbeams & Fairytales- Disc 2 Track 17? That was a composite, sounds very similar?

Hi there

Since that project ( i mean the original 1967 saga, not the updated version popped out two year-s later, with the new tapes surfaced during that time)

was originally made by me and my fellow italian ( and living in the same town) Hendrix's collettor friend ,with my very same name ( but not the one living in England!!! Cheeeers:-)

yes, it's the same version!

enjoy!

longjam
06-04-10, 12:03 PM
Fantastic sound Marco. A real asset to Jimi's memory!

:-) i'm very glad Kees!! Ciao!!!

firstrays
06-04-10, 03:48 PM
marco
Hi there
Since that project ( i mean the original 1967 saga, not the updated version popped out two year-s later, with the new tapes surfaced during that time)
was originally made by me and my fellow italian ( and living in the same town) Hendrix's collettor friend ,with my very same name ( but not the one living in England!!! Cheeeers:-)
yes, it's the same version!
So you and your friends are the original SAGA guys - well a BIG thank you for all your efforts on this - one question though (sorry) will Saga 1968 ever see the light of day?
Thank you again,
Mick

TOMC
06-04-10, 04:17 PM
Did the original SAGA 1967 contain the Monterey rejected mixes mentioned on Plug Your Ears website.

I have been trying to locate these for a while. What is the history of these mixes ?

Thanks
TOMC

longjam
06-05-10, 03:50 AM
Did the original SAGA 1967 contain the Monterey rejected mixes mentioned on Plug Your Ears website.

I have been trying to locate these for a while. What is the history of these mixes ?

Thanks
TOMC

Hi Tom

No, we used the longer version from LIVE 4 cd box from early 1990.....

Toofonky
06-05-10, 03:58 AM
Many thanks!
F. de Lange

thunderbaas
06-05-10, 03:10 PM
Thanks a lot longjam,not only for this one but also for the entire saga 67,a great 67 standardwork.But I have the same question as firstrays.Is the saga 68 ever gonna see the light of day. It would be great, because there's no good 68 sum up. Also not in the studio '67/'69/'70 series.

All the best,
Thunderbaas

manfree
06-05-10, 05:04 PM
We`re not complaining 67/69 & 70 are some of the best reference points ever. 68 would just be the icing on the cake! THANKS Whatever

Olvator
06-05-10, 06:11 PM
amazing upgrade, thanks marco!!!

Roland Stone
06-05-10, 11:12 PM
I'm away from my home computer this week so I can't listen to this yet. But were the Breakaways performing live on this recording or was the Experience playing along with prerecorded tape?

Thanks!

zombywoof57
06-06-10, 12:22 AM
thanks ever soo much

dino77
06-06-10, 03:42 AM
I'm away from my home computer this week so I can't listen to this yet. But were the Breakaways performing live on this recording or was the Experience playing along with prerecorded tape?

Thanks!

They were playing live.
The only time Experience appeared live with a female vocal trio!
I can't get over how great this source is compared to the other copies.

vahurka
06-06-10, 06:13 AM
Thanks!

manfree
06-07-10, 12:50 PM
Lovely Music, Thank You Very Much, but why is there ref. to RSG (Ready Steady Go -ITV) When it should read TOTP (BBC?)

longjam
06-07-10, 02:08 PM
Lovely Music, Thank You Very Much, but why is there ref. to RSG (Ready Steady Go -ITV) When it should read TOTP (BBC?)

because i was wrong!
Music is good anyway, dont you?
:wave:

Supro_Ozark
06-07-10, 03:25 PM
Thank you,longjam.
This is fantastic.But a question from a flac-collector-noob (just look at my join-date:)):
Where i can get the 67 Saga?

Cheers,jarvis.

manfree
06-07-10, 04:21 PM
Hey LongJam, Not only is it Good, It`s Lovely. I can just about remember this or at least I remember telling my Mum to be quiet and telling my Dad "This is what I`m Tellin` you About, I would have been 13 or so, an` thought The Monkees (Check the Ref) were Girley but Jimi; Here was music a Boy/Man could really get into. Little did I know 40+ yrs later I`d still be into him

PJ71
06-08-10, 01:32 AM
Amazing, thank you !

thunderbaas
06-08-10, 09:17 AM
Thank you,longjam.
This is fantastic.But a question from a flac-collector-noob (just look at my join-date:)):
Where i can get the 67 Saga?

Cheers,jarvis.

Hi there supro ozark (what the hell does supro ozark mean???)
The saga '67 can be found in it's transformed way as "Moonbeams & Faitytales". You should search the net might be on Pirate Bay/Demonoid,can't recall exactly where I got it from. But it is a great sum up of all of jimi's 66/67 studio & live performances.

Thunderbaas.

manfree
06-08-10, 10:20 AM
Try PinkRobert

Supro_Ozark
06-08-10, 12:51 PM
Hi there supro ozark (what the hell does supro ozark mean???)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supro_Ozark_1560_S

The saga '67 can be found in it's transformed way as "Moonbeams & Faitytales". You should search the net might be on Pirate Bay/Demonoid,can't recall exactly where I got it from. But it is a great sum up of all of jimi's 66/67 studio & live performances.

Thunderbaas.
Ahh,okay.
I got it from demonoid after it was discussed here,but havn't found the time to hear.What means "in it's transformed way".Is there another/a better one?
Thank you.

Try PinkRobert
Thank you,too.

manfree
06-08-10, 12:59 PM
is this the Supro?http://crosstowntorrents.org/image.php?u=4618&dateline=1264281445 (http://crosstowntorrents.org/member.php?u=4618) Supro_Ozark (http://crosstowntorrents.org/member.php?u=4618) http://crosstowntorrents.org/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Supro_Ozark
06-08-10, 01:28 PM
It's not a 1560 S,i think.
But it could be Jimi.Has anyone more informations about this picture?It would be enlightening.

Thanks.

vibratinglens
06-09-10, 03:20 PM
Yes longjam, an amazing addition for all to enjoy. Look froward to the future possibilties. Thank you.

vibratinglens
06-09-10, 03:22 PM

Well, I guess a history lesson is always good no matter how dumb it makes me feel. Very nice Supro, very nice indeed.:eek2:

Supro_Ozark
06-10-10, 01:42 PM
I would sell my grandmother,only to hear Jimi playing his Supro Ozark. (and i really love my grandmother:D)

DoctorGero
06-14-10, 09:17 AM
I never heard this one!!!! Sounds very old.

Is there also video?

thunderbaas
06-16-10, 08:22 AM

Ahh,okay.
I got it from demonoid after it was discussed here,but havn't found the time to hear.What means "in it's transformed way".Is there another/a better one?
Thank you.

Thank you,too.

Hi there supro ozark,so that's what Jimi's first electric guitar was. I allways thought it was a danelectro single coil. I do know that he took it with him when he was forced to join the army,and had the name of his girlfriend Betty Jean painted on it. About transformed, in fact the "Moonbeams" version you found on demon is the best available at the moment. It was cut up in seperate tracks & put in the right running order, after the meticilous work Longjam & others did on finding all the files.

All the best
thunderbaas.

longjam
06-16-10, 01:11 PM
I never heard this one!!!! Sounds very old.

Is there also video?

well....we are talkin of the HOLY GRAIL for Hendrix aficionados....
maybe we can ask to Dave Clark, who bought the complete collections of reels...
:-)

manfree
06-16-10, 01:40 PM
I certainly dont want to be the Grim Reaper or anything, but I believe Mike Smith, ( keyboard for The Dave Clark 5) has already passed on (Died) so I wonder what will happen to Daves extensive Video collection when he too meets his maker (another polite way of saying Die!)

Roland Stone
06-16-10, 11:12 PM
I would sell my grandmother,only to hear Jimi playing his Supro Ozark. (and i really love my grandmother:D)

Elsewhere on this site there's a thread about Jimi's high school Xmas show where he was part of a group that played "Charlie Brown" by the Coasters. I contacted one of the other members of that group for a few details. He did NOT have a recording of the show, but its not beyond the realm of imagination that such a recording might exist. I would think it more than likely that Jimi was playing "Charlie Brown" with that same Supro Ozark guitar!

stplsd
06-18-10, 10:18 PM
Elsewhere on this site there's a thread about Jimi's high school Xmas show where he was part of a group that played "Charlie Brown" by the Coasters. I contacted one of the other members of that group for a few details. He did NOT have a recording of the show, but its not beyond the realm of imagination that such a recording might exist. I would think it more than likely that Jimi was playing "Charlie Brown" with that same Supro Ozark guitar!

Bonkers!

cragtopper
06-23-10, 03:57 PM
Thank you.

JediLuke
07-03-10, 03:56 AM
Thank you!

goose334
08-30-10, 12:21 AM
many thanks