PDA

View Full Version : External: New Rising Sun / Gypsy Boy / Hey Baby

pancho1111
04-21-08, 09:01 PM
googling this if you want to get it:
"Jimi Hendrix - New Rising Sun / Gypsy Boy / Hey Baby (Flac)"

go for info to www.infromthestorm.net

# New Rising Sun / Gypsy Boy / Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun)
(Dragonfly 25122007 / 25.12.2007 / 2CDR)

(Outtakes 1968-70 & Various Live 1970; Compilation that illustrates the evolution of the track "New Rising Sun" via "Gypsy Boy" to "Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun)"; Refer to tracklist for details. ) Sbd & Aud lifted from various sources
Disc 1:
"New Rising Sun" (tracks 1-2):
"Gypsy Boy" (tracks 3-10):
"Hey Baby" (tracks 11-12):

Disc 2:
"Hey Baby" Live - cont'd (tracks 1-12):

douchebagsden
04-21-08, 09:37 PM
looks great

heyyo
04-22-08, 12:10 PM
Thanks alot for this compilation of one of Hendrix best songs! :)

pancho1111
04-22-08, 06:49 PM
super beautiful !!

Emilovious
04-23-08, 12:38 AM
This torrent (shared on sites we can't mention here) is the one I actually seeded
on another site (I also can't mention here lol).
The corrected artworks, info and MD5 files are all created by me - small world!

pancho1111
04-23-08, 01:14 AM
This torrent (shared on sites we can't mention here) is the one I actually seeded on another site (I also can't mention here lol).
The corrected artworks, info and MD5 files are all created by me - small world!
I guess you are wrong this time Emil, if you make a search with the above phrase between " " you will find not your upload, but another, as received from vines; I made SBE correction, md5 new files and includes only original artwork of this compilation, Files: 42; Size: 902.16 MiB (945988517 Bytes).
It's running on two trackers where normally I have the pleasure to virtually meet with you.
maybe you mean that you made this compilation ?
as it's not signed I'can't give credits to anybody, just to vine creator guy, Thanks a lot!

Emilovious
04-23-08, 02:51 AM
You're right Pancho, my apologies, when I Googled for the "Jimi Hendrix - New Rising Sun etc..." for some reason I didn't get the results for this compilation but for the "First Rays of the New Rising Sun" and didn't notice at first that it's a different title (!!!).
So sorry, of course, the one seeded since yesterday (on three trackers we can't mention here - lol) is indeed the original vine-version from JPIO most probably.
My apologies one more time.
Those of you wanting a detailed back-cover for it go back to the site where torrent was originally started yesterday.
I just posted the link for the back cover there.
I also posted rather harsh comment about it.
Let me know if you agree or not.
Thanks....

P.S. Pancho, no I didn't make the compilation. It's Pete Harker's and his friends doing. They usually do very fine jobs with different Hendrix compilations, unfortunately this one's (IMHO) not very successful.
It's simply missing the point. There's too many versions that are featuring Jimi completely out of it. It also features New Rising Sun which is totally different song than Hey Baby. Gypsy Boy can be viewed as an embrionic version of Hey Baby so it fits but New Rising Sun has only similar name - nothing else!. There are some renditions like Hey Baby from Atlanta which are terribly out of tune. Then a fake version with organ etc... I don't want to analyze every track but 1CD, 50 minutes long featuring the best versions of the song would be more than enough and make much more sense. This compilation is in my opinion for the most part - unbearable!
You know that I'm a die hard Hendrix fan and I don't feel good saying that, but in this case it's true. MHO!

pancho1111
04-23-08, 03:04 PM
Thanks Emil for your opinions, (teaching I say for myself) and for the back cover also..
I agree with you in most of your considerations about the tracks,
just it's that my mind can't screen and express about the artisitic point of view of the songs ( as you can wisely do !) this is why I prefer to not write my opinion, because I'm not qualified to it.
I only know what I like or what I don't, having good ears and good emotions screening, (from my heart and from my "stomach"..) but not able to write a fair logical or technical review..
But anyway, Sharing It is one of the most important things I can do, now it's done..
I know you are brave as to write your true, I respect that, and thank you when you recognize some mistake, I saw you doing it sometimes, that's fair play, and it's ok !

freakmagnet
01-23-11, 01:07 AM
This is exactly what I was looking for! I've admired Gypsy Boy (New Rising Son) since the Midnight Lightning LP and wanted to hear the original tracks before Alan Douglas got a hold of it with his replacement musicians. I've been thinking of covering the parts of the song unique to Gypsy boy and different from the Hey Baby song that Hendrix was obviously changing up and using as bedding for his over the top jam improvisation. Sounds like 4 rough mixes of the same tracks with maybe some of the Alan Douglas material as well (note female back-up vox). If anyone has any other recordings of Gypsy boy outside of these mixes please let me know.

Jive Ass Bastard
http://www.netfilmmusic.com/jive-ass-bastard.asp