PDA

View Full Version : Forum 69 - I Don't Live Today

Radiobirdman1973
11-23-10, 08:50 PM
Hey Gang. I'm new here (long time JPIO member) and thought I'd throw out question.

Back in '92 or so someone gave me a tape of the La Forum show from '69. This was not the Lifeline release, but a different soundboard copy. Anyway - the the tape is nearly identical to the Lifelines release except it has an extended intro to I Don't Live Today. It's just Mitch pounding the rhythm with Jimi doing some solo improv. It's ends with him saying "And don't forget the Smothers Brothers" after about 2:00 minutes of jamming.

Have you guys all got this? If not, let me know and i'll figure out this whole torrent thing and upload it.

JasonAZ

sixwasnine
11-24-10, 05:39 AM
Hey Gang. I'm new here (long time JPIO member) and thought I'd throw out question.

Back in '92 or so someone gave me a tape of the La Forum show from '69. This was not the Lifeline release, but a different soundboard copy. Anyway - the the tape is nearly identical to the Lifelines release except it has an extended intro to I Don't Live Today. It's just Mitch pounding the rhythm with Jimi doing some solo improv. It's ends with him saying "And don't forget the Smothers Brothers" after about 2:00 minutes of jamming.

Have you guys all got this? If not, let me know and i'll figure out this whole torrent thing and upload it.

JasonAZ

Hi Jason,

welcome to CTT ! :-)

1. The version of "I Don't Live Today" with the extended drums+guitar intro is FAKE ! It's not Jimi, but some unknown guitar player on top of a drum loop that was created from Mitch's original intro. It was released on the "Live USA" boot CD back around 1990/1991.

2. The 1969 LA Forum show is a "no" here on CTT since most of it has been officially released before.... so please do not attempt to upload it.

Hope that helps !

:wave:

Radiobirdman1973
11-24-10, 10:13 AM
Hi Jason,

welcome to CTT ! :-)

1. The version of "I Don't Live Today" with the extended drums+guitar intro is FAKE ! It's not Jimi, but some unknown guitar player on top of a drum loop that was created from Mitch's original intro. It was released on the "Live USA" boot CD back around 1990/1991.

2. The 1969 LA Forum show is a "no" here on CTT since most of it has been officially released before.... so please do not attempt to upload it.

Hope that helps !

:wave:

you're kidding me. That sucks. I always wondered why in the Lifelines version he mentions the Smothers Brothers twice - which is why it made so much sense. Oh well, thanks for the update to that mystery.