PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some stuff

oskar
04-24-08, 04:53 AM
Hello! Is there anybody out there who has (or can tell me were to find) these things:
1967-03-02: The Marquee
1967-11-25: Blackpool
1967-12-22: Christmas on earth
1968-01-07: Copenhagen
1969-01-10: Copenhagen, 2:nd show: Johnny B. Goode, Sunshine Of Your Love, Red House, Hear my train a cominí (Does these really exist? Iíve seen the rest of the show many times)
1969-03-30 Pop Expo -69, Hollywood
1969-07-10: The Tonight Show
1969-09-05: "United Block Association Benefit", Harlem
1969-09-09: Dick Cavett Show
Thanks in advance!
/Oskar

johanincr
04-24-08, 08:44 AM
Hi,

1967-03-02: The Marquee - yes! (video exists too)
1968-01-07: Copenhagen - yes!

I'll torrent these asap.
Hopefully others may fill other requests from your list..

1969-09-09: Dick Cavett Show is officially released though, here:

http://www.jimihendrix.com/catalog/videos,dickcavettshow,1.html

Officially released stuff is not permitted to be torrented on this site ofcourse :-)

oskar
04-24-08, 09:14 AM
Thanks for helping!
Actually I had forgot about the Cavett from EH.
/Oskar

opib
04-24-08, 01:15 PM
johan, i need some help :)

I have some Blackpool audio, 4 songs, a pretty muffled audience recording, 10:45 min.
I don't have any info about the lineage or anything and i have seen that some video from that date was officially released.

Would it be ok to seed it?

dcwestrie
04-24-08, 07:55 PM
Hi,
If I can make some time I'll upload Lost concert #7 blackpool/ Hunter college at the weekend. Flac w/ art. 6 songs blackpool, 5 Hunter College. I also have 2 tracks from blackpool on a video "Hey Joe" (Masterplan MP 4206 1). My technical expertise prevents me separating these out, but I could upload the whole thing. I will see if it's allowed.
Dave

Emilovious
04-24-08, 10:04 PM
Blackpool video has been released officially (PH and WT as a part of "Experience" movie from '67 and released by Experience Hendrix in 2000 by the same title. "Hey Joe" DVD is a pirate copy of that same official DVD).
However, Blackpool audio-recording containing of 6 songs hasn't been released officially and should be allowed here. Is it audience/soundboard composite or just audience recording? Can't remember exactly at the moment.
I'd say it's 99% sure.
Mods...?

Olvator
04-25-08, 06:23 PM
Hi,

1967-03-02: The Marquee - yes! (video exists too)
1968-01-07: Copenhagen - yes!

I'll torrent these asap.
Hopefully others may fill other requests from your list..

1969-09-09: Dick Cavett Show is officially released though, here:

http://www.jimihendrix.com/catalog/videos,dickcavettshow,1.html

Officially released stuff is not permitted to be torrented on this site ofcourse :-)

hmmm, ok. by the way johan, you may not know, but the Beat Club footage has been released officially in Germany on DVD too, already a few years ago....:-( or :-)

I can seed the rest, like Pop Expo, Harlem (you donīt really want this....:-), and Tonight show.

Emilovious
04-25-08, 11:28 PM
...Beat Club footage has been released officially in Germany...

Please be more precise.
Under what title, by which company,
which songs exactly
(Hey Joe I, Hey Joe II, Purple Haze I, Purple Haze II)?

I've seen them being released long ago but I wouldn't
say 100% officially. There must be some kind of dispute
about the ownership of the rights making these
videos available for anyone to release it, putting it in the
same category with Royal Albert Hall '69 and Scene Club '68
which have already seen thousands of "official" releases.

Olvator
04-26-08, 06:37 AM
Please be more precise.
Under what title, by which company,
which songs exactly
(Hey Joe I, Hey Joe II, Purple Haze I, Purple Haze II)?

I've seen them being released long ago but I wouldn't
say 100% officially. There must be some kind of dispute
about the ownership of the rights making these
videos available for anyone to release it, putting it in the
same category with Royal Albert Hall '69 and Scene Club '68
which have already seen thousands of "official" releases.

no, no....there is absolutely NO DOUBT about who holds the rights to all the Beat Club footage. It is being held by Radio Bremen, and the releases of the Beat Club DVDīs are as official as can be by german mainstream television ARD in co-production with Radio Bremen.
here is a link to the several DVDīs on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?ie=UTF8&rs=130&keywords=Beat-Club&rh=i%3Advd%2Ck%3ABeat-Club%2Cn%3A130&page=1

and here is the link to the specific single DVD i thought about, with the Hendrix portion:
http://www.amazon.com/Beat-Club-Best-67-Region-2/dp/B000055WTX/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1209205683&sr=1-18

i assume that this is with Purple Haze I and Hey Joe I....but I am not sure. I never bought the dvdīs as I have the videos from the original rebroadcasts in (maybe) 1994. I seem to remember though, that both versions (PH I&II plus HJ I&II) are spread across these different (official!) releases.
hope this helps, olve

PS: I LOST (OR CANNOT FIND ) MY FILES FROM THE TONIGHT SHOW 69, CAN ANYBODY HELP OUT AND SEED THEM (HOW ABOUT YOU POLIPUS...?) MERCI BEAUCOUP...

oskar
05-03-08, 07:11 AM
I found The Tonight Show on Dante's Inferno. The sound is a little muddy I think (for being a TV-broadcast..), do you know if there is any better version? Or is it that the sound in TV those days were like that?

Emilovious
05-07-08, 09:34 AM
" no, no....there is absolutely NO DOUBT about who holds the rights.."

I believe you Olve, however if you've written only one "no" I'd be in a serious dilemma :-))
Thanks for the info!

Considering the "Tonight Show" I can upload it but since it's been already on the site as a part of "Dante's Inferno" I'm not sure that I have a noticable upgrade (if that's what you're expecting from me to upload). I have a bit more complete version on "Groove" but in much worse quality (!!).
I'll see what I can find and get back to you guys.
However, I'm just a one man. New requests has been posted nearly every day and together with all the torrent projects of my own, making new covers
etc... I'm not sure for how much longer I'll be able to keep up with all that....

Olvator
05-09-08, 10:08 AM
1969-01-10: Copenhagen, 2:nd show: Johnny B. Goode, Sunshine Of Your Love, Red House, Hear my train a cominí (Does these really exist? Iíve seen the rest of the show many times)
/Oskar

Plug your ears lists different versions of this. although they all seem to be from the same source tape (please correct me if I am wrong).
Sadly, the tracks you mentioned all seem to be cut. I would so love to see the most complete version of this uploaded, or at least these 4 tracks twicch have not been officially released (as is the case with the complete tracks on UV Jimi in Denmark CD).
or does the UV stuff not count as official?