PDA

View Full Version : Randall's Island - Gypsy Soundboard edit - "The Woman With The Moustache" - FLAC

Gypsy Eyes
12-23-10, 03:25 PM
Randall's Island - Gypsy Soundboard edit - "The Woman With The Moustache" - FLAC

Hello fellow CTTers, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas :wave:

I recently grabbed the previous New York/Randall's Island soundboard and audience mix.

I quite like the show and decided to do my own mix of it, I'll explain what I mean:

I took the tracks and cut the index marks to the point, just so it is a more listenable experience and not an actual silent gap here and there and some audience tape fillers.

The tracks all flow into each other perfectly, even though it is not the true played form (audience chatter and *twang twang*'s are taken out aswell as missing songs, which will be explained later)

I have removed all of the audience tape parts. I strongly suggest you download the original unedited version first, if you already haven't.

Note: Watchtower does not appear on this torrent as it is part of the audience tape, again, if you want to hear this, download the other torrent :wave:. Red House also does not appear as it is has been Officially released on a 1982 LP.

This torrent comes with the tracks in FLAC. audio. But I'd like to say, I have also converted my work to mp3 and have all the tracks imported into iTunes, the tracks flow perfectly in the program and sound great. I'm not so sure about how these tracks will burn (gap wise), it most probably depends on what program you use to burn tracks if at all.

Track Listing:

01 Stone Free

02 Fire

03 Message To Love

04 Lover Man

05 Foxy Lady

06 Ezy Ryder

07 The Star Spangled Banner

08 Purple Haze

09 Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Note: All the tracks flow into each other, even between where a missing song would be (between track 2 and 3 would have been Red House, and between track 5 and 6 here would have been All Along The watchtower).

Also, The artwork is nothing special, I just made sure there was atleast an artwork of some sort.

Total Length is nearly 42 minutes.

FOR TRADE ONLY

Brought to you by Gypsy Eyes (Jordan)

Peace jimi1

zombywoof57
12-23-10, 03:42 PM
Thanks gypsyEyes keep up the good work...just wondering why there's missing tracks?

Gypsy Eyes
12-23-10, 03:44 PM
Thanks gypsyEyes keep up the good work...just wondering why there's missing tracks?

Because this is a soundboard only edit :) Watchtower was only included on the torrent I downloaded as an audience recording and Red House is officially released. Thanks, hope you enjoy it :)

BobJahBob
12-23-10, 10:35 PM
Thanks man i will seed till i bleed :)

mike1169
12-23-10, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know if AATW was actually recorded, and is simply missing from the circulating soundboard?

Gypsy Eyes
12-24-10, 04:37 AM
Does anyone know if AATW was actually recorded, and is simply missing from the circulating soundboard?

I'm not quite sure, it is definitely on audience tape as you probably know but I'm not quite sure how it hasn't appeared in soundboard yet, I'll have to find out for you. If I could possibly get it at any time then I'd redo this. :wave:

Gypsy Eyes
12-24-10, 04:38 AM
Thanks man i will seed till i bleed :)

Thanks! :wave:

Herman Cherusken
12-25-10, 09:58 AM
Without having compared it with my other Randall's sources, I believe this is the best live sounding "Message To Love" I have heard to date. Also, this version of MTL belongs to one of my favorites, partly because he rough up the lyrics a bit, which I like. So basically, next to Red House and Eazy Rider, it's the top three tunes on this set list.

Although this concert isn't one of Jimi's better performances, your edit/mixing clearly lifts and improves the entire concert sound wise, to the point where I actually enjoyed listening to it straight through...

Thx...

Herman Cherusken
12-25-10, 10:14 AM
Seriously, you have changed the entire caracter of this concert... Excellent job...

Gypsy Eyes
12-25-10, 12:32 PM
I understand your pleased with it :) but that is not always such a good idea, changing the character of the concert!

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) It's great through headphones!

Peace :wave:

Makkinen
01-20-11, 11:24 PM
Call it "Randall's Island 1970-07-17 - Gypsy Eyes edit" or similar.
"Soundboard-only edit" is a (very) misleading title.

Gypsy Eyes
01-21-11, 06:09 PM
Call it "Randall's Island 1970-07-17 - Gypsy Eyes edit" or similar.
"Soundboard-only edit" is a (very) misleading title.

Excuse me? You've told me to change the title on two of my threads now?

Makkinen
01-21-11, 08:18 PM
Is it the quantity you're worried about or the quality?

Since the main source of your work already circulates in many different versions
it's important to choose the right title that would not mislead people into
downloading something they already have.
Principle is to find the title that will most clearly describe what you're sharing.
Some members use meaningless titles and then in 50 000 000 words try to describe
what they did and as a result create confusion.
I suggested 'GypsyEyes Edit' because it 'personalizes' the work that has been done.
Anybody reading it instantly knows that it is the circulated version edited by GypsyEyes,
meaning there is no new stuff on it and it's not the raw source.

sima
01-22-11, 08:33 AM
Thanks for this very nice editing job, sound is clear & powerful (at least to my ears). You should indeed name it "Gypsy Eyes Edit" to keep the paternity of this excellent work.
And now you could start editing the Maui 70 SBD ;-)

DoctorGero
01-22-11, 10:47 AM
I know why Red House and All along the Watchtower are missing from the tape!!!

They have been physically cut out for use on an upcoming album. They threw away All along the Watchtower because of the false start in it.

angel
01-23-11, 04:51 AM
thank you very much

Gypsy Eyes
01-23-11, 05:28 AM
I know why Red House and All along the Watchtower are missing from the tape!!!

They have been physically cut out for use on an upcoming album. They threw away All along the Watchtower because of the false start in it.

Interesting, but have your read the OP?

That's not my reason for why Red House is missing.

DoctorGero
01-23-11, 08:14 AM
Interesting, but have your read the OP?

That's not my reason for why Red House is missing.

It is said about the Berkeley first show tape that The Star Spangled Banner and Purple Haze were genuinely cut out from the source tape (with a scissor! or some other device) for use in the album 'a film about Jimi Hendrix' which was supposed to be common practice at that time. So perhaps this is also true for the Randall's Island tape. Perhaps a piece of tape lies somewhere with Allong Along the Watchtower on it. Alan Douglas is supposed to have cut some tapes in shreds, so this is not a strange idea.

And, I have burned your Randall's Island mix on cd. I also grabbed the version from Red House of the Jimi Hendrix in Concert cd and inserted it between fire and message to love. Only problem now is that Jimi talks about 'a blast from the past' prior to message of love.

This mix is far superior to anything I've heard, only Stone Free is a bit less in quality compared to the other tracks. How does the raw source sound?

Makkinen
01-23-11, 10:39 AM
This seems to be the edited RAW source
(according to the torrent info no EQ or noise reduction or pitch correction etc.. was applied).
The raw SBD was the source for the SBD-AUD composite,
which is (as far as I understand it) used for this edit.
Correct?
P.S.
Gypsys Eyes, is it possible for you to post the link to the SBD-AUD composite used as a source for this edit?

Gypsy Eyes
01-23-11, 01:30 PM
Yes, no sound edit from me, the source I used had a noise reduction thang put on it, had too much hiss apparently. And Certainly: http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?138-New-York-Pop-Festival-1970-07-17

stplsd
01-26-11, 07:25 AM
They threw away All along the Watchtower because of the false start in it.

What false start? Sure you're not getting confused with Atlanta?

DoctorGero
01-26-11, 07:51 AM
Mitch made a mistake and thought the intro took longer. So Jimi wanted to play the opening solo and noticed that Mitch was lagging behind so chose to follow Mitch again.

It's just a theory about Red House and All Along the Watchtower. Perhaps the one who made a copy wanted it to fit on one side of a 90 minute casette.

Gypsy Eyes
01-26-11, 10:08 AM
Well, in the one I DL'd, Watchtower was in aud and I didn't notice this false start?

I probably wasn't paying much attention to it anyway! Lol

stplsd
01-26-11, 04:27 PM
Mitch made a mistake and thought the intro took longer. So Jimi wanted to play the opening solo and noticed that Mitch was lagging behind so chose to follow Mitch again.

Got to disagree there's a false start there. Atlanta has a false start though - try comparing:-)

DoctorGero
01-28-11, 07:46 PM
I have listened to it again.

Try to listen between 8 and 12 seconds. There's where the mistake happens. In my ears it sounds very silly. But after listening to it again I have to conclude it is Jimi who makes the mistake. Not Mitch. It is as if Jimi forgets what he is doing. And then Mitch tries to follow.

stplsd
02-01-11, 07:45 PM
^
Okay, thanks for that Dr.G, he does indeed play the (brief) intro twice, hadn't really listened to this much, not too obvious on a casual "listen". So technically a "false start" but hardly to be compared to the false start on this at Atlanta and on Voodoo chile at IOW, certainly not a reason to cut it out and destroy it. Surely Douglas is not that twisted;-)

Gypsy Eyes
02-13-11, 09:33 AM
False start on Voodoo Child at the IOW??? What do you mean exactly? :-)

The best example I could give of a false start is Purple Haze at the LA Forum in 1970

jfjfjf
01-14-13, 07:13 PM
Dear Gypsy Eyes!

I appreciate your effort, nice work and generosity in sharing.
The discussion that developed here was also very good to me.
Grateful to all.

wysi
03-27-13, 09:43 PM
Thank you very much. :)

trigger
04-01-13, 06:12 PM
great job with the edit, thanks much.

jfjfjf
05-16-13, 02:00 AM
After so long I still have an unsatisfied curiosity...
Why is the title "The Woman With The Moustache"?
Hoping not to cause any inconvenience, I thank in advance to those who engage with my question.

bobbycas11
08-04-16, 03:53 PM
hey could anyone seed this (even though it's years old, i know) i'd seed it forever and ever (or at least a really, really long time) please and thank you!