PDA

View Full Version : 1969-12-31 Fillmore East 1st show 1st gen AUD source - 2 versions

johanincr
01-22-11, 05:19 PM
Since the version(s) on the tracker all seem to be Aud/Sbd composites, including the Boxes Of Gypsies, it seems like a good idea to torrent the complete Audience tape.

There are 2 versions of the same tape here. Both are 1st gen transfers off the master, but they sound pretty different to me. This shows what a difference equipment and tapequality can make. Since i couldnt make up my mind which one to torrent, here they both are.

1969-12-31 Fillmore East NYC. 1st BOG show. Audience Tape. 1st gen. 2 versions.

1 intro
2 Power Of Soul
3 Lover Man
4 Hear My Train
5 Changes
6 Izabella
7 Machine Gun
8 Stop
9 Ezy Ryder
10 Bleeding Heart
11 Earth Blues
12 Burning Desire

Jimi Hendrix: Guitar, Vocals
Billy Cox: Bass Guitar, Vocals
Buddy Miles: Drums, Vocals

Taper: Larry Y. Thanks Larry!

Quality: Very Good!
Artwork: No!

MourningStar
01-22-11, 05:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/EMOTSMILEY/thnxadd.gif

Dolly Dagger
01-22-11, 05:47 PM
Thank you, but it gives me a: "Unable to load ---- Invalid Torrent File!"

:confused:

johanincr
01-22-11, 06:19 PM
Thank you, but it gives me a: "Unable to load ---- Invalid Torrent File!"

:confused:

I have no idea why this is Uchi, it works for me and the couple of downloaders without a problem.
Try again a little later, i dont know what the trouble is. The torrent seems OK to me.

Dolly Dagger
01-23-11, 01:20 AM
I have no idea why this is Uchi, it works for me and the couple of downloaders without a problem.
Try again a little later, i dont know what the trouble is. The torrent seems OK to me.

Working for me now.. Thank you. jimi3

Makkinen
01-23-11, 11:06 AM
Simple cover:

Fenders Fingers
01-24-11, 10:02 AM
Thanks Johan. Can't hear any difference on the laptop but I have converted both and will A/B them thru' the HiFi and 'goggles later. Will check them off against my 2nd gen copy while I'm at it :-)

Makkinen, cool "quick" art. Thank you.

zombywoof57
01-24-11, 09:21 PM
Thanks Johan

DoctorGero
01-25-11, 07:23 AM
Thanx! Are they lifted from the "Box of Gypsys - the complete recorded legacy"? These had some errors in them, like little gaps between tracks.

johanincr
01-25-11, 08:45 AM
Thanx! Are they lifted from the "Box of Gypsys - the complete recorded legacy"? These had some errors in them, like little gaps between tracks.
No, they'[re not from that set. Just raw tape transfers.

DoctorGero
01-25-11, 03:58 PM
Okay, thanx

firstrays
01-28-11, 09:10 AM
Hi Peoples,
firstly big thank you to Johan for passing on and sharing these lovely tapes from his collection

And just to let you know that jellycat has made some 'alternative' artwork for these fine discs and asked me to share it with the CTT boys & girls.

I have posted this in the CD Cover Art 'Forum'.

skydog
10-27-11, 10:54 AM
Thanks so much :) Only 2nd day here, and I'm going to need a bigger computer, it seems!

kdion11
10-27-11, 03:03 PM
KD: What's interesting to note about this set, and has not really been discussed much - is the fact that this
ENTIRE Set:

1 intro
2 Power Of Soul
3 Lover Man
4 Hear My Train
5 Changes
6 Izabella
7 Machine Gun
8 Stop
9 Ezy Ryder
10 Bleeding Heart
11 Earth Blues
12 Burning Desire

Consists of either entirely new or unreleased (on record) songs / compositions. Don't get me wrong,
it was a killer set and I would have loved to have seen it. I could imagine though a few people bitching
about not hearing any of the "hits". Isn't this the tape where you can hear the friend of the taper at the
end claiming "Oh, my GOD ! My God !" truly having his mind blown from what he's just seen and heard ?

crazy_cat
10-27-11, 03:09 PM
thanks

Fuzzlord
10-28-11, 11:52 AM
Thanks for this.

ActionJeff
12-14-11, 03:39 AM
Thank you for the seed. I gotta say that the Box of Gypsys has better quality. I really think this first concert is just about Hendrix' best show ever so it's really disappointing that there are no recordings with better quality out there. I would pay very good money for an HQ version of 12-31-69 Machine Gun 1st show. Has anyone tried to merge this tape with the Box of Gypsys equivalents or those featured on "Live at the Fillmore East"?