PDA

View Full Version : Spoke to someone who was there....

purpleplexi
03-21-11, 06:59 AM
Well not exactly there as in at the Samarkand but someone who knew all of the people concerned. This person (TP) has no axe to grind, no book to publish, no point to prove and does not talk about the subject unless asked. TP is trustworthy and honest with clear memories of the whole era and scene of which TP was a part. TP says that there was no conspiracy, no murder, no nothing. Jimi simply overdosed.

The thing TP was adamant about is that Jimi knew he was in trouble - as in seriously ill. He tried numerous times to phone Chas because he only had Chas's number to hand. The thing is that Chas heard the calls on his machine but didn't answer because he thought Jimi was being a pain. Jimi could be a drama queen and he could be demanding. So Chas did nothing.

TP says this is known by numerous people who are saying nothing. Why Jimi didn't call an ambulance - who knows? Perhaps he was overcome by the drugs and wasn't thinking clearly.

Before I spoke to TP this weekend I was reading through all the stuff on here and being drawn to the sad conclusion that Jimi Hendrix - genius, prophet, sound innovator etc etc died way before his time because he had become unaware of how many tablets he had taken. Now I'm pretty much convinced.

It's human nature to want a reason or some kind of complicity when you lose something.

stplsd
03-21-11, 10:26 PM
He tried numerous times to phone Chas because he only had Chas's number to hand. The thing is that Chas heard the calls on his machine but didn't answer because he thought Jimi was being a pain. Jimi could be a drama queen and he could be demanding. So Chas did nothing.

Some people just like to gossip. This is a story made up by the News Of The World at the time and is utter bullshit. You can read it here. Chas didn't have a telephone answering/recording machine. Hardly anyone in the UK did at that time.

purpleplexi
03-22-11, 10:02 AM
Hmmm. I'm sure I have Chas on video somewhere in an interview saying that the day Jimi was found he set off to Newcastle on the train 'without checking his messages'.

I don't have a video player at the moment so it's hard to check.

danksquad
03-25-11, 08:30 PM
From all accounts I have read, Jimi was in communication with Chas in the days before he died, because he was looking for Chas to lend him a hand in the production of the album that he was working on at the time. There is no indication that he contacted Chas for any reason other than for production help in the studio.

Dolly Dagger
03-26-11, 02:29 PM
All of this assuming that someone who was drunk with 9 tabs of Vesperax in their system could've had the clear enough mind to phone someone numerous times yet decide not to call a ambulance, a easy 3 digits.

I don't believe any calls were made.

buffalorattle
03-26-11, 05:05 PM
Don't recall, if anybody checked the phone history, from the apartment at the time,anybody know ?

MourningStar
03-27-11, 08:21 PM
... yet decide not to call a ambulance, a easy 3 digits.911?

Ezy Rider
03-27-11, 09:43 PM
still doesn't make any sense. Why would MD take one tablet Vesperax (as prescribed) and Jimi nine times the dose? Now because he was supposedly feeling bad/ill?

Dolly Dagger
03-27-11, 10:12 PM
911?

Yes...?

Dolly Dagger
03-27-11, 10:15 PM
still doesn't make any sense. Why would MD take one tablet Vesperax (as prescribed) and Jimi nine times the dose? Now because he was supposedly feeling bad/ill?

Him misjudging their strength has always been the believable story for me. Vesparax was potent shit even by today's standards.

MourningStar
03-27-11, 10:28 PM
Him misjudging their strength has always been the believable story for me. Vesparax was potent shit even by today's standards.
misjudging? ok perhaps he would take double, maybe even triple, but NINE?????

manfree
03-29-11, 01:38 AM
Yes...?

cool9
04-02-11, 02:50 PM
He looked pretty healthy up until the day he died. He looked like his weight was good. Was the coroner the one who said that there were nine tablets in his system? Dannemann's story was that Jimi took her pills which were much stronger than the ones he was used to taking? Wasn't he in London to meet with Chandler about producing something for him? Chandler said that he heard about the death at the train station the next morning on his way to meeting up with Hendrix.
I'm sure he had periods that he didn't take the best care of himself because he was so busy. I read a story about Steve Miller in a very large illustrated Hendrix book (may be one of the books below) with some good photos including two large B/W photos of Copenhagen concert. Miller was backstage at the Temple University (Philadelphia) concert w/Grateful Dead in 1970 and Hendrix walked past him and Miller said he smelled horrible and he didn't look like he was taking care of himself. The first thought that Miller had was: "I've got to take this guy back to my place and take care of him".
I visited the row home at 22 Lansdowne Crescent, Notting Hill and it seems like an odd place for a Hotel - looked strictly residential. Beautiful area.

Jimi Hendrix , The illustrated ... with many exclusive never-before-published photos (http://www.amazon.com/Hendrix-illustrated-exclusive-never-before-published-photos/dp/1856481999/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1301772566&sr=8-14) by Geoffrey / Brenda / Deborah Lynn Black / ref : Jimi Hendrix Giuliano and Photos Throughout (Hardcover - 1994)
THE ILLUSTRATED JIMI HENDRIX (http://www.amazon.com/ILLUSTRATED-JIMI-HENDRIX-Giuliano-Geoffrey/dp/B004HKROXK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1301772566&sr=8-10) by Giuliano Geoffrey

purpleplexi
05-16-11, 07:45 AM
Wasn't he in London to meet with Chandler about producing something for him? Chandler said that he heard about the death at the train station the next morning on his way to meeting up with Hendrix.

Jimi Hendrix , The illustrated ... with many exclusive never-before-published photos (http://www.amazon.com/Hendrix-illustrated-exclusive-never-before-published-photos/dp/1856481999/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1301772566&sr=8-14) by Geoffrey / Brenda / Deborah Lynn Black / ref : Jimi Hendrix Giuliano and Photos Throughout (Hardcover - 1994)
THE ILLUSTRATED JIMI HENDRIX (http://www.amazon.com/ILLUSTRATED-JIMI-HENDRIX-Giuliano-Geoffrey/dp/B004HKROXK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1301772566&sr=8-10) by Giuliano Geoffrey

I think you'll find that Chas caught the train to his home town of Newcastle that morning not to meet Jimi. The news came from Chas' father who had come to meet him at Newcastle station to help him get through the inevitable media scrum. Up to that point Chas didn't know.

trampledunderfoot
05-16-11, 05:39 PM
misjudging? ok perhaps he would take double, maybe even triple, but NINE?????

You'd be surprised by the amount of sleeping pills people take.

MourningStar
05-16-11, 07:16 PM
misjudging? ok perhaps he would take double, maybe even triple, but NINE?????You'd be surprised by the amount of sleeping pills people take.no, not if the intent is to never wake up again. If as powerful as people are claiming, a double (let alone triple dosage) would have put Hendrix in touch with the sandman for a goodly amount of time. Nine? Hendrix must have taken them all at once (given intended(?) outcome).

stplsd
05-18-11, 10:14 AM
All of this assuming that someone who was drunk with 9 tabs of Vesperax in their system

There is no evidence that he was drunk, as far as I know no-one claimed that he was, it is claimed he drank some wine earlier in the evening. The amount in his blood from the report of the autopsy report Tony Brown caims he got from Dr wasisname -don't know how accurate that is- says he was probably slightly over the drink drive limit at the time he took the tablets, how this conclusion was reached is a mystery as the actual level was much lower, and doesn't appear to have taken into consideration that alcohol level in a corpse rises, often considerably, with time, and the autopsy was done quite late

She is not he;-) Why nine times the dose? read the stuff I went to great trouble to find and post - the links to medical journals here. What the literature written by those qualified states is that barbs are very dangerous anyway, the lethal dose from person to person can vary considerably, another reason being people frequently took them for recreational use (including pop "stars") - and addictive, as the amount needed for the same effect quite rapidly rises, due to tolerance, leading to an effective dose becoming very high, to the point of fatal. And that a common cause of overdose is due to this, as after the initial dose it sometimes happens that, in a confused state they forget they have taken the tablets and accidentally take a double dose. ( I know 4+4 = 8 not nine okay;-) but people are not robots. Even if he initially took 3 or 4 it's not a huge amount for someone used to barbs/downers (ie Mandrax etc.).

And still survive, exactly;-)

From all accounts I have read, Jimi was in communication with Chas in the days before he died, because he was looking for Chas to lend him a hand in the production of the album that he was working on at the time.

Yeah, quite possibly, but according to Chas only;-)

MourningStar
05-18-11, 09:34 PM
still doesn't make any sense. Why would MD take one tablet Vesperax (as prescribed) and Jimi nine times the dose? Now because he was supposedly feeling bad/ill?If one is enough for MD (apparently a 'lightweight'), and they are as potent as they are being 'claimed' to be, taking nine should be obvious to even the stupid that such an act, whether done intentionally or not, is a death sentence (and this is in fact what occurred). Don't believe all the bull regarding Hendrix's 'tolerance' levels at this point in his life. No amount of tolerance is enough to confront a nine tablet dosage, IF these specific pills were as potent as claimed. Add to this the widespread contention that Hendrix was appearing extremely emaciated those last few days (maybe months?), it's logical to conclude any 'tolerance' that was once 'effective' would have been rendered inert and no match to combat the nine. Finally, let's not lose sight of the fact that the Vespera were MD's prescription, NOT Hendrix's. Common knowledge holds that drugs affect people differently and it is quite within the realm of possibilty that much less than nine can be fatal for someone (again, if as potent as being claimed).

stplsd
05-19-11, 09:34 AM
No amount of tolerance is enough to confront a nine tablet dosage

Not according to at least one medical study on Vesparax: "As few as 10" could prove fatal, ie not neccessarily a fatal dose. Of course, as I have pointed out, much less than that amout of barbs has been fatal as well. It depends on several factors. One being how many did he actually take? How many did she take? Were they from a bottle or a blister pack?
But then of course he didn't die directly from the overdose, he died from choking on his vomit due to the overdose - not quite the same thing. ie the same way as people who drink too much alcohol sometimes choke to death on vomit eg Bon Scott.

According to Tony Brown Jimi's blood barb level was 1.4mg%

According to: http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract;jsessionid=C3BBD9D8215A04A86DE7FD9 9AAB77964.tomcat1?fromPage=online&aid=1587872
In a barbiturate dependent patient, the blood barbiturate was less than 02 mg% two and a half hours after an oral dose of 200 mg amylobarbitone sodium. Amylobarbitone was withdrawn, and the patient was maintained on phenobarbitone, with a blood barbiturate level that remained at about 40 mg% over several weeks. Themost likelyexplanation of the findings is that the oxidation of amylobarbitone, but not phenobarbitone, is accelerated in patients dependent on the former drug

According to
http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/1821800/whats_in_the_cc_cocktail
Round and round
3 are enough to kill some people

MourningStar
05-19-11, 10:07 AM
... But then of course he didn't die directly from the overdose, he died from choking due to the overdose ...
The bullet didn't kill Kennedy, it was his skull exploding that killed him. The guillotine did not kill Marie Antoinette, it was her head separated from her body.

(_x_)

stplsd
05-19-11, 10:16 AM
The bullet didn't kill Kennedy, it was his skull exploding that killed him. The guillotine did not kill Marie Antoinette, it was her head separated from her body.

Not the same thing at all. If someone was shot, (or tripped on a guillotine and banged their head) but not fatally wounded and was knocked unconscious by the wounding and then vomited and choked to death, due to being unable to cough caused by them being unconscious, that would be equivalent;-)

What would be comparable to your above examples would have been if his heart had stopped beating due to barbiturate poisoning alone ie without vomiting and choking to death. Of course it's quite likely he would have died in that manner had he not vomited.

MourningStar
05-19-11, 11:27 AM
... Of course it's quite likely he would have died in that manner had he not vomited.now we're making progress ...

Hendrix's death certificate states 'Barbituate intoxication" as cause of death (along with inhalation of vomit).

stplsd
05-19-11, 02:07 PM
now we're making progress
What progress, nothing's changed?
Hendrix's death certificate states 'Inhalation of vomit' followed by 'Barbituate intoxication' as cause of death. ie he choked to death on his vomit due to etc. etc.

Whether that amount of barbs would neccessarily have led to his death in that time frame (which is pretty dodgy still), or even at all, had he not vomited is unclear. Assuming Monika called the ambulance when she did, he may have been resuscitated, as often happens.

I'm hoping Cesare's new book on it will enlighten us.

MourningStar
05-19-11, 02:20 PM
What progress, nothing's changed?no, never with stubborness.

Hendrix's death certificate states 'Inhalation of vomit' followed by 'Barbituate intoxication' as cause of death. ie he choked to death on his vomit due to ....No! There is no 'due to ...' on the certificate. Death was by one, or the other o,r perhaps, both.

stplsd
05-19-11, 02:26 PM
no, never with stubborness.
ie I don't agree with your interpretation, so your stubborn?

No! There is no 'due to ...' on the certificate. Death was by one, or the other o,r perhaps, both.

Yes. Death was caused by Barbiturate overdose which stopped his cough reflex when he inhaled vomit which caused him to die. ie he choked to death.

The 'due to' doesn't need to be spelled out, it's implied by it's position. He's not speculating either/or.
I haven't read anything from the autopsy (that's if Tony's is an accurate account of it), doctors or ambulance men, Monika etc. that dispute he choked to death.
There is a comment by Thurston's successor that the barbs would have killed him anway (had he not choked to death first), but he wasn't qualified to comment really as we are told he "had to consult with a toxicologist" barbs not being something that had been allowed to be prescribed for many years and he was obviously unfamiliar with them. This is all taking Kathy's word for it, and for the toxicologist's verdict she asks us to accept her report of a verbal report of a telephone conversation from a woman she claims is an inveterate liar!

MourningStar
05-19-11, 02:49 PM
round and round.

... Yes. Death was caused by Barbiturate overdose which stopped his cough reflex when he inhaled vomit which caused him to die. perhaps, but NOT stated as such on the certificate.

The 'due to' doesn't need to be spelled out, ...believe that if you must.

... it's implied ...you are permitted to accept the implication.

stplsd
05-19-11, 02:50 PM
^
Fine by me

MourningStar
05-19-11, 03:15 PM
^
Fine by mewonderful!

susep73
05-19-11, 05:57 PM
I've just finished yet another Hendrix book, Jimi Hendrix musician by Keith Shadwick. Like we've recently discussed in the other Hendrix book thread, this too has some interesting insights(and pics) of JH. After reading this just a couple of hours ago(finished), I truly do not trust MD. The author eludes to the idea that clearly Jimi was ready to return to NYC on Monday 21Sept. to resume work on The Next Album at EL. Monica, who was more or less Jimi's stalker, had been annoying Jimi in that Hendrix had been socializing w/ Alan Douglas and crew that same night where MD dropped Jimi off at Douglas hotel only to return where Jimi asked his friends to blow her off via the intercom. Hendrix later left w/ MD, retreating to her place at the Samarkand. I'm sure Jimi had no intention of bringing MD back to NYC and its possible she sensed this or Jimi may or may have not communicated his plans to her. its plausible she drugged Jimi in light of the tension between the 2 through out her arrival a few days prior. perhaps she read his last poem, the story of life...?

Fenders Fingers
05-20-11, 12:49 AM
^
Fine by me

wonderful!

Groovy :-)

Fenders Fingers
05-20-11, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=susep73;52958 its plausible she drugged Jimi in light of the tension between the 2 through out her arrival a few days prior. perhaps she read his last poem, the story of life...?[/QUOTE]

6+6+6+6=428 .................................... !!!!
We can add any scenario we like but it remains speculation.

MourningStar
05-20-11, 11:24 AM
... died way before his time because he had become unaware of how many tablets he had taken. ....the only way I can buy this is if Hendrix took one, 'maybe' two, woke up a short while later for 'reinforcements' and in a drugged haze took the remaining seven/eight and overdosed.

Who Knows
05-20-11, 11:27 AM
All of this assuming that someone who was drunk with 9 tabs of Vesperax in their system...

Drunk? No, and there's the snag. His stomach and lungs were full of wine, yet he had an extremely low blood alcohol content.

That suggests murder, and that's what I believe. I think he was dosed with Vesperax (he may have taken one or two himself) and after the pills went to work the wine was poured down his throat to make it look like suicide or accidental death.

The bottom line is he was too downed out from the pills to drink the wine, and very little of the alcohol got in his bloodstream because his heart wasn't pumping, because he was dead.

Everything MD said must be disregarded because she was lying. She might not have lied all the time, but she lied enough to make it sensible to ignore everything she said rather than guess what little bits were true.

I wonder what Eric B knows about it.

kdion11
05-20-11, 11:53 AM
round and round.

That's my line !

Keith "Round and Round" D !

MourningStar
05-20-11, 12:58 PM
That's my line !

Keith "Round and Round" D !good one Keith.

pretzel logic I say - :D

Ezy Rider
05-21-11, 09:22 AM

Caesar is writing a book on this? What happened to his website announcement? Let's hope some of the people who were there afterwards finally want to come clean and speak up! Otherwise, without evidence, we will be guessing until the end of time.

Who Knows
05-21-11, 10:53 AM
...without evidence, we will be guessing until the end of time.

It's been over 40 years. Another unsolved mystery. The key players are MIA, dead, or not talking. Any new "evidence" will be hearsay at best, likely skewed in the pursuit of self-interest.

MourningStar
05-21-11, 11:31 AM
... without evidence, we will be guessing until the end of time.
It's been over 40 years. Another unsolved mystery. The key players are MIA, dead, or not talking. Any new "evidence" will be hearsay at best, likely skewed in the pursuit of self-interest.... as if it really matters anymore.

Who Knows
05-21-11, 01:58 PM
... as if it really matters anymore.

Exactly; whatever happened happened, and if there was foul play whoever did it got away with it.

Ezy Rider
05-21-11, 09:24 PM
... as if it really matters anymore.

It matters, why else are all those books written, with even Glebbeek joining in now? Maybe not for the Truth, if not only for refuting some of the most excessive stories and theories that have come out over the years.

MourningStar
05-21-11, 09:48 PM
It matters, ...yeah, I suppose it matters to 'fools who are soon parted with their money.'

MourningStar
05-21-11, 09:49 PM
... and if there was foul play whoever did it got away with it.not really, they'll get their due in 'the next world'!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/judgementday.gif

dino77
05-22-11, 03:57 AM
Dang, when I read the title thread I hoped to finally get the trooth about Jimi's death. None the wiser. Must buy Caesar's book!

Fenders Fingers
05-22-11, 10:03 AM
Dang, when I read the title thread I hoped to finally get the trooth about Jimi's death. None the wiser. Must buy Caesar's book!

You'll still be none the wiser :-)

dino77
05-22-11, 11:29 AM
You'll still be none the wiser :-)

No, unless C has dug up some totally new witnesses. But it might at least counterbalance Tappy's "murder allegation".

MourningStar
05-22-11, 11:42 AM
No, unless C has dug up some totally new witnesses. But it might at least counterbalance the urban "murder allegation" myth.not good enough.

1. Who do we know (as a 'new' witness, i.e. those who have not come forth) is available?

2. "Totally new witnesses" - are you going to believe them?

We are too far away from stardate 1970.09.18 to 'counterbalance' anything! In fact, more and more myths will surface with the passage of time. History's track record on this confirms it.

dino77
05-22-11, 12:08 PM
not good enough.

1. Who do we know (as a 'new' witness, i.e. those who have not come forth) is available?

We are too far away from stardate 1970.09.18 to 'counterbalance' anything! In fact, more and more myths will surface with the passage of time. History's track record on this confirms it.

Well, let's see Ceasar's stuff first, then we can ridicule it.

Who Knows
05-22-11, 12:13 PM

I agree, IMO anybody with "new" Hendrix death info is selling something, and new facts aren't on the list.

Tappy White's a perfect example; he remained quiet for decades, but came forth when he had a book. What a coincidence.

MourningStar
05-22-11, 12:19 PM
... then we can ridicule it.why do you say 'ridicule'?

People, in the absence of hard, solid, irrefutable evidence, will blow in the same direction as the winds that appeal to them do.

Fenders Fingers
05-22-11, 02:40 PM
No, unless C has dug up some totally new witnesses. But it might at least counterbalance Tappy's "murder allegation".

I'm sure CG's account, stressing account, will finally debunk Tosser Wrights garbage.
Still, really looking forward to the read.

dino77
05-22-11, 03:26 PM
why do you say 'ridicule'?

People, in the absence of hard, solid, irrefutable evidence, will blow in the same direction as the winds that appeal to them do.

Why? Because that's sometimes the general attitude around these corners. ;>.

MourningStar
05-22-11, 03:41 PM
Why? Because that's sometimes the general attitude around these corners. ;>.
you're right - this topic is like politics & religion. Ya hook up with an outfit, push the cause and smear the opposition. As I said above :

breathe
05-26-11, 05:15 PM

I never take more than two ;-)

Scrum Drum
06-03-11, 01:39 AM
Ah, gentlemen remember to do your homework. Burdon took-off on Monika and left her with the bill at the hotel he was hiding her at. She couldn't pay her bill so a reporter for the German tabloid Bild paid it and gave her a lift in a taxi. There Monika gave him an interview that was published in Germany quoting Monika as saying "I gave him the pills". She later denied it but the paper had a photo of Jimi and Monika that people say could only have originated from Monika. The question now is how did Monika give Jimi the pills? Everything Monika says is a lie so when she wrote in Inner World that she tried to get Jimi to fall asleep naturally you can assume she's covering for the opposite and she probably was involved in giving Jimi the Vesparax.

I read somewhere that Jimi's doctor in New York said Jimi called him from the Samarkand and asked for advice on his insomnia. The doctor told Jimi he could arrange for a London doctor for a prescription but Jimi told him "No, there's some 'Tuinols' here at the flat". If this is true then it is understandable that Jimi took what he thought was his usual dose of Tuinols in order to compensate for the Black Bomber he took at Cameron's. So the whole case is solved and Jimi accidentally mistook his drugs and died, right? Well, it isn't that simple. There's no way the wine Dr Bannister witnessed could have ended-up all over the place and in Jimi's lungs the way it did under that scenario. Nor could the low blood alcohol content jibe with that amount of wine in any innocent way.

We are into a fairly determinable time period from 3:10am when Jimi got back to the Samarkand to around 5:15am when Monika first started reaching out for help. It's important to understand that Jimi was dead at least as early as 5:15 when Monika reacted. We have to calculate the absorption rates and their corresponding reactions within this critical two hour period. What some of you don't realize is the medical quotes you are referencing from autopsists Teare and Crompton were calculated using Monika's 11:30am time of death. Jimi most likely died somewhere around 4:30am or so, therefore the autopsists' data is completely off and under-registers the seriousness of what the true data shows - which is murder. I believe if we resubmitted the true times involved we would see Jimi didn't have time to overdose and Monika had no excuse for not being awake and witnessing it (and therefore doing something about it).

I don't want to get into it this thread however I believe there's much more to this than meets the eye and Jimi may have been set-up to take those super-powerful pills by means of a covert assassination operation.

stplsd
06-03-11, 04:35 AM
^
You know where: 'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?864-The-Jimi-Hendrix-Political-Harassment-Kidnap-and-Murder-Experience)

AlterSoul
11-02-11, 01:07 PM
>Perhaps he was overcome by the drugs and wasn't thinking clearly.

Нow can it be when medics told after his death that Jimi's blood was almost free of drugs. On the other side is the version he has been 'drown' in wine ("thanks" to Mike Jeffries' "friends").

What d'you think about it?

stplsd
11-02-11, 02:39 PM
>Perhaps he was overcome by the drugs and wasn't thinking clearly.

Нow can it be when medics told after his death that Jimi's blood was almost free of drugs. On the other side is the version he has been 'drown' in wine ("thanks" to Mike Jeffries' "friends").

What d'you think about it?

You need to visit:
'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?864-The-Jimi-Hendrix-Political-Harassment-Kidnap-and-Murder-Experience)

AlterSoul
11-03-11, 12:53 AM
Thanks for this link*thumbup1