PDA

View Full Version : UFOs At Rainbow Bridge!

danksquad
03-30-11, 04:24 PM
I've always been fascinated by all of the UFO folklore surrounding Jimi Hendrix's shows in Maui which were filmed for the Rainbow Bridge movie. I've always wondered if there was any truth behind some of these outrageous claims. Just for fun, I figured it might be interesting to explore the connection between Jimi's Rainbow Bridge performance and UFOs!

A good place to get started would be with this article by Tim Beckley in reference to Curtis Knight's "Starchild" book:

http://uforeview.tripod.com/hendrix.html

"On several occasions during his career, UFOs just happened to show up while Jimi was giving a concert. During the last days of his life, he performed on the rim of an extinct volcano in Maui.

Jimi played three 45-minute sets, says David Henderson in his best-seller. After each set, he retired to a special sacred Hopi Indian tent. Later, witnesses in Maui testified that they heard musical tones emanating from rocks and stones. UFOs were also sighted over the volcano by people who called in to a local radio show. A cameraman on the set said that he fell from his perch after seeing a UFO through his lens.

In the film Rainbow Bridge, Hendrix rattles on for several minutes about astral projection and the philosophy of the Space Brothers. He also tried to master the art of psychic healing, through color and sound.

Fellow musician and songwriter, Curtis Knight, knew all about the episode involving the UFO in Maui. "It was an odd-looking craft that glittered in the bright sunlight. Jimi felt certain the UFO had come down to put its spiritual stamp of approval on the show. He told me that heid been emotionally and physically recharged by the experience."

danksquad
03-30-11, 04:40 PM
Here is the actual quote from Page 30 of Curtis Knight's "Starchild" book:

"The truth is that Jimi was very much in tune with the cosmos. He spoke a great deal in private about UFO´s and the Space Brothers, superior beings whom he said played an important role in seeing that we didn´t destroy ourselves, and our planet right along with us….

On several occasions during his musical career UFO´s showed up while Jimi was on stage. I remember him telling me about the time he was in Maui to do the Rainbow Bridge movie and album, and one of the cameramen fell off his perch when a silvery disk appeared in the sky directly in back of the stage. A lot of fans observed the phenomena, and the local radio station received dozens of calls from witnesses who didn´t even know that Jimi was giving a concert on the island.

Jimi told me all about the episode. He said the craft had come down to put its spiritual stamp of approval on the show. He also said that he´d been emotionally and physically recharged by the experience, and he knew that they were around because they "dug on the music", and because he was telepathically linked to them.

Ironically enough as the saucer streaked across the sky, Jimi announced to the audience over the microphone, "There go my friends!" Little did they know how true his statement was meant to be, because the conversation with Jimi about the incident on Maui was to trigger recollections of a life-saving encounter with a being from another world that had involved both Hendrix and myself at the beginning of his musical career."

J.Lucas
03-31-11, 11:10 AM
Here is the actual quote from Page 30 of Curtis Knight's "Starchild" book:
Ironically enough as the saucer streaked across the sky, Jimi announced to the audience over the microphone, "There go my friends!" Little did they know how true his statement was meant to be, because the conversation with Jimi about the incident on Maui was to trigger recollections of a life-saving encounter with a being from another world that had involved both Hendrix and myself at the beginning of his musical career."

In the Oct/Nov 1995 issue of "Straight Ahead" fanzine(that RR was kind enough to upload here at CTT with some other issues of the Straight Ahead Fanzine era.......
There is the "Setting The Record Straight:an interview with Melinda Merryweather, by Steve Roby"...page 11
that mentions this about numerous "sightings down by the harbor and near the volcano"
called in the the radio station......
there is also a claim by Chuck of existing film footage(clip) of a 'strange' object' and supposedly on the original version of the film Jimi looks up and says "there go my friends."
----
from
http://mauifeed.com/maui-news/remembering-rainbow-bridge-extended-mix/

........” Some of the footage consisted of “a giant cigar with a blue ball around it, right above Lahaina Harbor.” When the footage returned from Warner, he says it was wiped clean, but audio interviews of “people freaking out on Front Street” remained, though those too were lost 20 years ago to TV news reporter John Yoshimura, when Potts provided his insight for a 20-year anniversary Rainbow Bridge story for KHON2. “John, if you’re out there,” Potts says, “I want that tape back.”....

--------
from
http://www.rense.com/general2/celeb.htm
....On several occasions during his career, UFOs just happened to show up while
Jimi was giving a concert...... says Henderson in his best-seller......
---------
Man!!!!!!.....check out the Curtis Knight recollection on the same page as above about how a 'UFO' occupant' saved his and Jimi's life in 1965.....
-------------
Personally
My guess is the 'starship enterprise' appearance in the Mike Parker film(here on CTT) is a
'nod' to this 'rumor/legend'...
I don't recall any such 'Jimi scene' in the original 2 hour version of the film tho'
J.L.

PS: What is the reason for this being posted under 'Conspiracy Theory?
Don't tell me Mike Jeffery was an extra-terrestrial...
or had 'connections' with inter-planetary/dimensional beings...:)
just kidding 'bout that one....

danksquad
03-31-11, 04:46 PM
Thanks for your input J. Lucas!
To answer your question, I chose to post this thread in the Conspiracy Theory section, because this subject is not necessarily about Jimi's music and deals with a controversial topic. Also, some would say that there is a conspiracy surrounding UFOs, so I felt it was more appropriate to post this thread here.

Here is a link to a great article that was printed over the summer in the Maui News:
http://mauifeed.com/maui-news/remembering-rainbow-bridge-extended-mix/

I've also posted an excerpt here, in case you don't want to read through the entire article:

“At the time, we were having a lot of UFO activity [on Maui] because they were doing Star Wars testing up at the crater,” says Potts.

Even a May 9, 1970 Maui News piece titled “Ghost Lights Over Maui,” by Jeanne Booth Johnson describes a “funny kind of meteor [that] was reported by a whole lot of folks in Honolulu, including government officials, Air Force and FAA personnel. A spokesman for the latter said ‘the object was not like any object missile or satellite’ he’d ever seen… All our islands have mysterious lights seen in odd places… in the sky or on the ground.”

“Of course, this is all theoretical,” admits Potts, “[but] this is what we were talking about at the time. I’m not talking about little green men, I’m thinking more like the book Chariots of the Gods?” he adds, referring to the 1968 book by Erich von Daniken.

Potts has a few key scenes in the movie, including an infamous one where he and others cut open a surfboard to reveal a large bag of smuggled psychoactives—which in reality, Potts says, was chocolate cake mix. Another takes place at Lahaina’s Banyan tree. There, Potts really interviews two young Mauians about a UFO sighting they’d had, where a vessel came out from the valley above Lahainaluna.

Potts says that, in all, they filmed 43 hours of 35mm tape, “ridiculous” by today’s standards and part of the reason they racked-up “$300,000 in lab fees with Warner Bros.” Some of the footage consisted of “a giant cigar with a blue ball around it, right above Lahaina Harbor.”

Dolly Dagger
04-01-11, 09:56 PM
I don't believe it. Just tons of hippies tripping on acid. anyway, wait a minute, i have to go let my pet martian inside.

;-)

Ezy Rider
04-01-11, 10:30 PM
I forgot where but I once read that before the Maui concert, Chuck Wein had all kinds of flags posted over the the concert side and instructed all audience members to gather around the flag of their designated zodiacal animal to let the energy channel from the cosmos to the concert site, or something in that vein. Of course, everybody just rambled about and Chuck Wein went Oh NO. It was so hilarious reading that story. Actually, you can see all the flags in the Maui video. Now I understand that that UFO would have landed if all these people had followed the instructions more properly ;-)

Purplz
04-02-11, 08:10 PM
The fact that probably everyone was stoned surely didn't contribute at all to the ufo sightings.

Derp.

zombywoof57
04-03-11, 12:04 AM
since Jimi was only playing here on Earth, it makes sense that alien's would want to see a Jimi Hendrix concert WOULDN"T YOU?

danksquad
04-03-11, 01:04 AM
since Jimi was only playing here on Earth, it makes sense that alien's would want to see a Jimi Hendrix concert WOULDN"T YOU?

UFOs don't necessarily have to be aliens, they could also be TIME TRAVELERS!!!!

If I had access to a time machine, I'd head straight back to the Fillmore East on Jan 1, 1970 for sure!!!!!!

Dolly Dagger
04-03-11, 01:13 AM
now we're getting into some trippy shit

what if Jimi was actually from the future, and he was actually killed by the time police who caught him redhanded in the wrong time period

...woooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn "devon gimme a piece of that heaven"

Sharpstat
04-03-11, 11:49 AM
Don't think that could happen.There's a member on here that lives on Maui and could add more info as he did when we pinpointed the field Jimi played in. They were near Seabury hall which is at the bottom of Haleakala. The spot I'm standing taking this shot at isn't even near the top which is 10,000 ft my friends. They were definitely groovin on something good.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9129/mauihawiiaug2006026.th.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/mauihawiiaug2006026.jpg/)

jhendrixfanatic
04-03-11, 12:50 PM
Billy Cox talks about he and Jimi at Seabury Hall sneaking out to KFC because they wanted to eat something besides vegetarian food. Then Jimi is claiming he is a member of an alien community (according to Merriwhether,who was at Rainbow Bridge) I think Jimi was such a kind and intelligent 27 year old young man (who was wasted, lol) that he could adapt, learn, and spread love, in any crowd.

I'd like to time travel back to doing a four year stint at being on his personal road crew. But when I came back to the present only 20 minutes had passed.

danksquad
04-03-11, 06:40 PM
Billy Cox talks about he and Jimi at Seabury Hall sneaking out to KFC because they wanted to eat something besides vegetarian food. Then Jimi is claiming he is a member of an alien community (according to Merriwhether,who was at Rainbow Bridge) I think Jimi was such a kind and intelligent 27 year old young man (who was wasted, lol) that he could adapt, learn, and spread love, in any crowd.

I'd like to time travel back to doing a four year stint at being on his personal road crew. But when I came back to the present only 20 minutes had passed.

Who's to say that time traveling aliens don't like KFC too?
Everybody loves fried chicken!!!!!

zombywoof57
04-05-11, 12:13 AM
Who's to say that time traveling aliens don't like KFC too?
Everybody loves fried chicken!!!!!
hahahahahahaha

purple jim
07-11-11, 06:30 AM
I chose to post this thread in the Conspiracy Theory section, because this subject is not necessarily about Jimi's music and deals with a controversial topic. Also, some would say that there is a conspiracy surrounding UFOs, so I felt it was more appropriate to post this thread here.

Smart people look at the evidence with honesty and intelligence.
It's plainly obvious that Scotland Yard officers were up there in those UFOs.

Floatation is groovy. :)

MourningStar
07-17-11, 02:09 PM
Smart people look at the evidence with honesty and intelligence.
It's plainly obvious that Scotland Yard officers were up there in those UFOs.

Floatation is groovy. :)I thought it was Mike Jeffery in the secret service's secret recon/spy craft.

zombywoof57
07-20-11, 07:13 PM
concert poster