PDA

View Full Version : The Death Of Devon Wilson

danksquad
08-16-11, 06:04 PM
Does anyone happen to know the mysterious details surrounding the death of Devon Wilson? Devon Wilson's story is a fascinating one, as she seems to have had a very interesting relationship with Hendrix, in addition to many other pop culture figures, but like Jimi, it seems like her final days and hours are shrouded in mystery.

From what I've read, she seems to have been pushed or to have jumped from a window in the Chelsea Hotel. At the time of her death, Devon was paying the part of a junkie in a movie and may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time while doing "research" for her film role. The Chelsea Hotel was well known at that time as being a hot bed for dealers, junkies, and prostitutes.

Of course there are also the conspiracy theories that have Devon being silenced by the same forces that may have been involved in the death of Jimi Hendrix. Many of Jimi's friends and associates seem to have suffered an untimely demise. Especially those who were close to Jimi around the time of his death.

Was it the Hendrix curse?

MourningStar
08-16-11, 06:25 PM
... Devon Wilson's story is a fascinating one, ...Really? Is there a book devoted to her or one that authoritatively references her biographically? I have not come across any literature mentioning her, other than a few scattered sentences here and there in the Hendrix biographies or other media (magazines, newspapers, etc.) where the subject and focus is Hendrix. MAYBE the Miles Davis autobio, haven't read it in awhile, but nothing more than a few words and nothing of what is not already making the rounds about her as far as I recall.

Ezy Rider
08-16-11, 10:28 PM
A CTT member posted a witness account (a friend's) a year ago or so stating that she was found with a needle in her arm lying on the ground in the doorway, I recall.

Scrum Drum
08-16-11, 10:28 PM
Word is Devon was never pushed out any window. She was supposedly found beaten to death with a needle sticking in her arm.

She must have 'researched' a little too hard, eh?

To me the 8 floor fall rumor is proof false stories were being spread to hide the real reason for her death. I suppose this calls for some investigation of the police reports.

kdion11
08-17-11, 03:22 PM
Word is Devon was never pushed out any window. I suppose this calls for some investigation of the police reports.

KD: And you're just the guy to do it !

Seriously folks, your "word is Devon was never pushed out any window" - that's the only report most of us have ever read or heard. I've never heard your version of her being found beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm. Where did you come up with this new conspiracy theory?

If true, that indeed is an outright murder. How come this was never reported or seen in the press or any of Jimi's
biographies ? I could see the headline if it was true: "Hendrix Girlfriend Murdered".

For the record she was also a known girlfriend / concubine of Mick Jagger, Arthur Lee, Miles Davis and Quincy Jones
too amongst others. Check out the biography of Quincy Jones for more on Devon Wilson. He doesn't mention anything
about her being found "beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm".

kdion11
08-17-11, 03:28 PM
Really? Is there a book devoted to her or one that authoritatively references her biographically? I have not come across any literature mentioning her, other than a few scattered sentences here and there in the Hendrix biographies or other media (magazines, newspapers, etc.) where the subject and focus is Hendrix. MAYBE the Miles Davis autobio, haven't read it in awhile, but nothing more than a few words and nothing of what is not already making the rounds about her as far as I recall.

Hey MS: Again, check out the autobiography of Quincy Jones for a few more lines on Devon Wilson.

Here's another conspiracy theory for you all too regarding Devon Wilson.
As some of you know, I played with Noel Redding on and off for a few years - during one of our gigs in SF (at the Maritime Hall) we were approached after the gig by a youngish couple. Pleasant enough pair. Black girl, and
white boyfriend / guy who claimed they came up to SF from LA for the gig specifically to meet Noel. She told both Noel and I that night in the dressing room that she was the daughter of Devon Wilson. Can't think of any reason why anyone would say something like that unless it was true, but who knows.

I shit you not.

MourningStar
08-17-11, 04:07 PM
Hey MS: Again, check out the autobiography of Quincy Jones for a few more lines on Devon Wilson. OK - it will be my next read, the Wilson thing being secondary, as Quincy was a key player in the industry.

... Can't think of any reason why anyone would say something like that ....Well, considering Noel was present, my guess is to 'infer' that Hendrix was the father?

kdion11
08-17-11, 05:11 PM
OK - it will be my next read, the Wilson thing being secondary, as Quincy was a key player in the industry.

Well, considering Noel was present, my guess is to 'infer' that Hendrix was the father?

KD: Nope. She never infered or implied anything relating to Jimi, but
simply stated she was the daughter of Devon Wilson. She was in a room jammed full
of Jimi devotees, fans, friends and associates too.

If her goal was to get the "I'm the long lost daughter of Jimi" ball rolling she certainly
had the audience to do it that night - and didn't !

MourningStar
08-17-11, 05:38 PM
^
oops! my bad - you say above it was a few years ago & they were a youngish couple. Definitely could not be a Wilson offspring, she would be too old to be referenced as 'youngish'.

Scrum Drum
08-17-11, 05:41 PM
Seriously folks, your "word is Devon was never pushed out any window" - that's the only report most of us have ever read or heard. I've never heard your version of her being found beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm. Where did you come up with this new conspiracy theory?

Inside sources. Another CTT poster already posted about this in the locked threads.

If true, that indeed is an outright murder. How come this was never reported or seen in the press or any of Jimi's
biographies ? I could see the headline if it was true: "Hendrix Girlfriend Murdered".

Your logic is correct. Now ask yourself what powerful forces needed it covered-up and not investigated and, more importantly, why?

For the record she was also a known girlfriend / concubine of Mick Jagger, Arthur Lee, Miles Davis and Quincy Jones
too amongst others. Check out the biography of Quincy Jones for more on Devon Wilson. He doesn't mention anything
about her being found "beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm".

Not something people went around advertizing. Not with Jimi either.

kdion11
08-17-11, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=Scrum Drum;58715]
Your logic is correct. Now ask yourself what powerful forces needed it covered-up and not investigated ?

KD: Scrum Drums ?

kdion11
08-17-11, 06:26 PM
^
oops! my bad - you say above it was a few years ago & they were a youngish couple. Definitely could not be a Wilson offspring, she would be too old to be referenced as 'youngish'.

KD: Not that young ! It seemed possible that what she was saying was true - age wise anywho.

MourningStar
08-17-11, 07:55 PM
KD: Not that young ! It seemed possible that what she was saying was true - age wise anywho.At a minimum she would be 41 today (33 around the time Noel passed on). And anything is possible. Wish you could have taken a photo.

danksquad
08-18-11, 09:46 AM
At a minimum she would be 41 today (33 around the time Noel passed on). And anything is possible. Wish you could have taken a photo.

...or a DNA sample!!!

Scrum Drum
08-18-11, 11:32 AM
It would have to be earlier in the 60's because someone would have noticed.

danksquad
08-18-11, 03:13 PM
I just found some unreleased footage of Devon Wilson backstage at a Rolling Stones show.
Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFs2KpsAd_w

danksquad
08-18-11, 05:23 PM
http://www.squidoo.com/who-killed-jimi-hendrix-#module106611891

"Super Groupie and heroin addict, but was she involved with Hendrix's death?http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens11628161module106611891photo_1276876199Y 3S5C3U.jpgDevon is supposed to have slept with many rock stars including Hendrix, Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, and Miles Davis, and she is said to be the subject of the Hendrix song "Dolly Dagger" and was in the control room when it was recorded.

Hendrix reportedly visited her before going to Dannemann's the night he died, but Dannemann claimed he visited her first and she drove him to Devons, Dannemann also said he later told her Devon may have "slipped him an OD".

There are rumours that Devon was another of Hendrix's girlfriends and they argued after Monika told everyone they were engaged and flashed a ring around. So both Devon and Jeffery were being dumped by Hendrix and it is possible she was paid to slip him something by Jeffery, not realising his full intentions. She was badly addicted to heroin and did desperate things to get it, and she apparently became hysterical at Hendrix's funeral and tried to jump into the grave with him.

She also died a year after Hendrix and was apparently going around saying Jeffery had killed Hendrix, she fell from the 8th floor of the Chelsea Hotel in New York. Some think it was suicide but there are many rumours about foul play."

danksquad
08-18-11, 05:28 PM
Carlos Santana interview from Univibes:

http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/CARLOSS.ANT.html

Uh, we spoke very little because it was... It was kinda embarrassing [laughs]. No, it was embarrassing because at that time there was like, uh, 'lady swapping', you know, and his old lady [Devon Wilson] would, you know, check the rounds and he knew that she was checking the rounds so... I dunno. It was awkward for me - I don't know whether it was awkward for him... 'Monitor'! I used to call her 'monitor' because she used to say everything about everybody, you know. I used to say, 'I don't wanna hear anything [laughs]! I don't wanna know anything, I just wanna like learn about the music, I don't wanna know about the other "stuff", you know. You keep that to yourself, you know.'

Scrum Drum
08-19-11, 12:42 PM
Hendrix reportedly visited her before going to Dannemann's the night he died, but Dannemann claimed he visited her first and she drove him to Devons, Dannemann also said he later told her Devon may have "slipped him an OD".

The Squidoo Hendrix stuff is Nancy in England. She's actually paraphrasing a lot of the material I entered in her blog in response to her Hendrix murder stuff. So you're really quoting me when you quote Nancy's stuff.

Any "OD" Devon slipped Jimi would have to be long before Devon "nodded-off" at Kameron's. You have to think that anything strong enough to call an "OD" would be something Jimi would have realized at Kameron's when it belted him. Most likely Jimi didn't realize he had been slipped an OD at the Samarkand and not by Devon. Jimi was waltzing into the kitchen to talk to Stella at Kameron's right before he left. He then moved on his own two legs to the intercom to speak to Monika right before departing. This is hardly the behavior of a person who had been slipped an OD.

...both Devon and Jeffery were being dumped by Hendrix and it is possible she was paid to slip him something by Jeffery, not realising his full intentions. She was badly addicted to heroin and did desperate things to get it, and she apparently became hysterical at Hendrix's funeral and tried to jump into the grave with him.

Very real possibility. Now since we know Jeffery preyed-upon and manipulated women around Jimi we can ask if Monika's desperate need to be near Jimi was also manipulated by Jeffery (or some other power). The autopsy only showed the known drugs in Jimi's system and nothing from any mickey slipped by Devon. (Some suggest Dr Teare was paid-off by Jeffery, but I have trouble accepting that)

She also died a year after Hendrix and was apparently going around saying Jeffery had killed Hendrix, she fell from the 8th floor of the Chelsea Hotel in New York. Some think it was suicide but there are many rumours about foul play."

The fact some unknown source was telling people Devon fell from the 8th floor window of the Chelsea speaks that someone was doing disinformation to cover-up the real cause. They didn't want people to ask why she was beaten to death and given a classic heroin OD gangland style. They didn't want anyone to eventually interview Devon and give her an outlet to tell what she knew. They weren't rumors...

kdion11
08-19-11, 05:48 PM
At a minimum she would be 41 today (33 around the time Noel passed on). And anything is possible. Wish you could have taken a photo.

KD: Hey MS. There were lots of people there - especially from the old HJ Mailing List - with cameras. Wouldn't be surpised if there is one. I'll look through my stash from the night.

MourningStar
08-19-11, 05:53 PM
KD: Hey MS. There were lots of people there - especially from the old HJ Mailing List - with cameras. Wouldn't be surpised if there is one. I'll look through my stash from the night.Far out Keith ... happy hunting, hope ya got something.

kdion11
08-19-11, 05:55 PM
The fact some unknown source was telling people Devon fell from the 8th floor window of the Chelsea speaks that someone was doing disinformation to cover-up the real cause. They didn't want people to ask why she was beaten to death and given a classic heroin OD gangland style. They didn't want anyone to eventually interview Devon and give her an outlet to tell what she knew. They weren't rumors...

KD: Here we go again folks ! Where do you come up with this stuff SD ? You just make it up as you go along right ?
The "unknown" and uncredible source you claim is of course the ONLY SOURCE that is known and has been reported.
If I'm not mistaken, this is the story that was reported at the time of her death in Rolling Stone amongst other "dubious"
sources.

Now you're making things up about Devon's death to tie in to your Jimi death conspiraty non-sense.

MourningStar
08-19-11, 06:52 PM
A CTT member posted a witness account (a friend's) a year ago or so stating that she was found with a needle in her arm lying on the ground in the doorway, I recall.could you locate it? thnx.

Scrum Drum
08-19-11, 10:14 PM
Now you're making things up about Devon's death to tie in to your Jimi death conspiraty non-sense.

Like I made up Jimi and Sharon Lawrence trying to fire Jeffery in April 1969 (funny, you disappeared right after challenging me on that). There were witnesses who said Devon was found beaten to death with a needle in her arm. This is a classic gangland style rub-out of a person known to do heroin.

I'd like to find the police report.

souldoggie
08-20-11, 12:41 AM
could you locate it? thnx.

Interestingly, my friend said that the report(s?) of Devon being found dead on the sidewalk in front of the Chelsea Hotel were inaccurate. She told me that Devon was discovered by her (my source's) best friend...dead, naked with a needle hanging out of her arm, wedged in the door jam with half her body in her room and the other half in the Chelsea Hotel hallway.

That was me from 6-11-10.
This is only hear-say, of course. I have no proof what-so-ever.
I heard this report from a gal (my friend) who was associated with The Record Plant from its inception.
It was her best friend (who was a roommate and co-worker of Devon's) that said that the reports of Devon's death were inaccurate.
It's been disappointing to me that I have not been able to speak with the actual source, though I have not had the time lately to pursue it.
I will reach out again and attempt to make contact and I'll try and see what she has to say about the circumstances surrounding Devon's death and any other information I can get.

Scrum Drum
08-20-11, 12:26 PM
Interestingly, my friend said that the report(s?) of Devon being found dead on the sidewalk in front of the Chelsea Hotel were inaccurate. She told me that Devon was discovered by her (my source's) best friend...dead, naked with a needle hanging out of her arm, wedged in the door jam with half her body in her room and the other half in the Chelsea Hotel hallway.

I heard this report from a gal (my friend) who was associated with The Record Plant from its inception.
It was her best friend (who was a roommate and co-worker of Devon's) that said that the reports of Devon's death were inaccurate.
It's been disappointing to me that I have not been able to speak with the actual source, though I have not had the time lately to pursue it.
I will reach out again and attempt to make contact and I'll try and see what she has to say about the circumstances surrounding Devon's death and any other information I can get.

If you press your source again you'll find-out Devon was also beaten to death (How did she end-up wedged in a doorway? [most likely from trying to flee her murderers while they were sticking the needle in her arm]). So, if you look at normal police procedures, this would demand an ensuing police investigation. That didn't happen. The police didn't investigate whether Devon had been given a classic massive overdose to kill her and make it look like she died a typical junkie's death. What makes this even more suspicious is people were saying Devon was getting clean at that time. Devon could have gotten payback from one of the people she snitched-on. Apparently Devon was no stranger to the cops and had bailed herself out of busts by snitching. Whatever the case, if this was the cause it could still be used as a plausible excuse to cover the real motive. I think what cinches it is the New York City Police never bothered to do any autopsy or investigation to find out how Devon died or why. When you then see stories emerge of an 8 storey fall, you have to figure someone was trying to make it look like she might have committed suicide (just like Jimi). That's a red-flag that should be pursued because it shows someone was trying to deflect attention away from the real cause. Devon had dangerous inside knowledge about the real way Jimi died. The lack of any investigation tells you there was political interference involved. As someone said above this was Jimi Hendrix's girlfriend for God's sakes. And that's exactly why it wasn't investigated. Some people who doubt Jimi was murdered said there would have been signs of a fight. Meanwhile in Devon's murder where we see exactly that they just ignore it.

MourningStar
08-20-11, 12:39 PM
hmmmm, ... now, I gotta ask :

Is Devon Wilson really dead?

As I stated earlier, I have not run across any data other than hearsay.

souldoggie
08-20-11, 04:55 PM
If you press your source again you'll find-out Devon was also beaten to death

Where did you read and/or hear that Devon was beaten to death?
I've read reports stating that she fell and/or jumped to her death from the eighth floor of the Chelsea.
I've heard hear-say that she overdosed in her room.
But I've never read or heard that she had been beaten to death.
What is your source?
Thanks.

stplsd
08-20-11, 09:25 PM
I've read reports stating that she fell and/or jumped to her death from the eighth floor of the Chelsea.
What is your source?

+1

MourningStar
08-21-11, 12:32 PM
How about :

Devon was punitively 'eliminated' for having failed to 'hook' Hendrix (& company) on to heroin, thus depriving their (mob, cia, etc. ...) coffers of yet another lucrative financial source.

danksquad
08-22-11, 01:12 PM
Is there any chance that there is still a police report on file?
I'm not sure how long the NYPD is obligated to keep records on things like this.

I am down in Chelsea all the time and would have no problem dropping by the precinct to pick up a copy (if it still exists).
Maybe there's even a way to get a copy of the police report online...

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 02:02 PM
Don't take it the wrong way but do you really think that a junkie dying in the Chelsea would be investigated? At this time? We still had "Beat Cops" who walked the neighborhoods. They were paid off by the mob, it was a totally corrupt and lousy time. Hendrix had his own problems with the mob on 8th St. If her family didn't claim her she was shipped over to Potter's Field, which is an island where the indigent are buried.

kdion11
08-22-11, 02:29 PM
Like I made up Jimi and Sharon Lawrence trying to fire Jeffery in April 1969 (funny, you disappeared right after challenging me on that). There were witnesses who said Devon was found beaten to death with a needle in her arm. This is a classic gangland style rub-out of a person known to do heroin.

I'd like to find the police report.

KD: I haven't disappeared anywhere, and now after pressure from me and a few others it appears you've changed your story from "Jimi fired Jeffery" (No he didn't!) to "Jimi and Sharon Lawrenece were just "trying to fire Jeffery". You can't keep your stories or conspiracy theories straight can you, because you're just making it all up as you go along to back up your crackpot theories.

Old police interregation method - they know someone's lying or making something up when the details keep changing !

And it also doesn't appear that your "Devon was found beaten to death with a needle in her arm" story has any credibility either. Anyone here ever hear about this ? Keep hunting for that police report. Let us know what you find.

kdion11
08-22-11, 02:31 PM
Don't take it the wrong way but do you really think that a junkie dying in the Chelsea would be investigated? At this time? We still had "Beat Cops" who walked the neighborhoods. They were paid off by the mob, it was a totally corrupt and lousy time. Hendrix had his own problems with the mob on 8th St. If her family didn't claim her she was shipped over to Potter's Field, which is an island where the indigent are buried.

KD: Not so much, but a live person jumping or being thrown out of an 8th story window into a Manhatten street below sure would. That's what was reported at the time !

kdion11
08-22-11, 02:35 PM
What is your source?
Thanks.

KD: There isn't one !

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 02:38 PM
No it wasn't. This was settled and you will never find a thing because it is NYC and the mob. Remember those old drug movies, "French Connection", etc. I have lived here my entire life, (57 yrs), don't even start.

kdion11
08-22-11, 02:39 PM

KD: Thanks Soul Doggie - so there you go folks ! No proof WHAT SO EVER ! Just like SD's claims that "Jimi fired Jeffery" or any other nonsense about Jeffery being MI5 or waterboarding INTEL hit squads. No prooff WHAT SO EVER

Keep us in the loop Soul Doggie about any further feedback from this original source !

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 02:45 PM
It was not reported at all at the time. It was all heresay. I don't remember a single junkie death being reported from there except the Sid Vicious nonsense which was a murder. BTW, those rooms are demolished, you cannot stay there. Actually the place has been completely closed for some time.

stplsd
08-22-11, 03:45 PM
It was not reported at all at the time.

How did you hear about it then?

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 03:50 PM
I said hearsay. Did you read the post? I lived within a few blocks at the time. Every street had a cop, and a bookie, and the hookers and everyone coexisted. Neighborhoods can change very dramatically in a few blocks. But as a teenager we were tuned into this. And don't think for one minute that all the businesses were not being strongarmed by the cops and the mob. Just a fact of life here.

Furthermore, these cops knew us and we knew them, they knew our families, they were on our street. Don't you think they said things? They knew we had interest.

stplsd
08-22-11, 04:16 PM
Did you read the post? .

Yup. I wanted to know how you heard about it.

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:24 PM
Junkies don't get reports. You know that. It was obvious and paid for. Second question is did her family know and what was done about it, except Potter's Field, as I already stated.

stplsd
08-22-11, 04:25 PM
It was not reported at all at the time.

Maybe not to the press, but all deaths are reported by medical services automatically as a formality.

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:25 PM
I guess it was not obvious, From the Cops.

stplsd
08-22-11, 04:27 PM
Junkies don't get reports. You know that. It was obvious and paid for. Second question is did her family know and what was done about it, except Potter's Field, as I already stated.

What was "obvious and paid for"???
Of course a big question mark was what was her real name? Was her identity known to the hotel and or any witnesses?
Why didn't her rich and famous "friends", eg Betty Mabry, give her a funeral or even, apparently, take any interest in her fate?

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:30 PM
Not so. That is your bias in another country. Obvious ODs are not going to waste the coroners time. You know how many a day there were here and the city was bankrupt in the early 70's. Garbage everywhere, buildings black from soot, hundreds of murders a year, Get a grip on it. You need a little historical perspective, which you do not seem to have.

stplsd
08-22-11, 04:36 PM
Not so. Obvious ODs are not going to waste the coroners time. You know how many a day there were here and the city was bankrupt. Garbage everywhere, buildings black from soot, hundreds of murders a year, Get a grip on it.

What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange opinion of yours based on your own illogical "feelings". I've got total historical perspective.

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:43 PM
What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange assuption by you.

Because she was a junkie and did not fall to her death. Simple. Well known whore and drug addict who succumbed to her addiction in a Hotel known for drug deaths. What else is there to say?

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:44 PM
What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange opinion of yours based on your own illogical "feelings".

Are you for real? Do you have mafia and cops?

stplsd
08-22-11, 04:46 PM
What else is there to say?

What was her real name, how did she actually die, is she actually dead?

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:48 PM
What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange opinion of yours based on your own illogical "feelings". I've got total historical perspective.

Because we do not register junkies in the USA nor give them drugs. I have no illogical feelings. As I said, I am a native New Yorker, 57 years old, and lived close by. The mob ran everything then, including the Police Dept. Where do you get off making these comments from another country where you have zero knowledge?

stplsd
08-22-11, 04:51 PM
Are you for real? Do you have mafia and cops?
I'm for real boyo, IRA/UDA ring a bell? oooh NY so baaad in 1970, get real

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:55 PM
I'm for real boyo, IRA/UDA ring a bell? oooh NY so baaad in 1970, get real

Maybe someday you can add something constructive. I doubt you have the means or have ever been here in your life. IRA? I was outside a bombing in Trafalgar Sq years ago and got hurt. For you to even make a comment like that is sick.

stplsd
08-22-11, 04:57 PM
Because we do not register junkies in the USA nor give them drugs. I have no illogical feelings. As I said, I am a native New Yorker, 57 years old, and lived close by. The mob ran everything then, including the Police Dept. Where do you get off making these comments from another country where you have zero knowledge?

I have plenty knowledge. You record deaths like any other country. Your opinion of who ran what and how much is not a fact. Living outside a subject can give objectivity. But that is to digress. What we need is someone to actually find out her real name and/or attempt to find if the actual cause of her death is still extant in the medical, or statistical records of NY

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 04:59 PM
I have plenty knowledge. You record deaths like any other country. Your opinion of who ran what and how much is not a fact. Living outside a subject can give objectivity. But that is to digress. What we need is someone to actually find out her real name and/or attempt to find if the actual cause of her death is still extant in the medical, or statistical records of NY

You better read the previous post because not only are you wrong, you have problems.

stplsd
08-22-11, 05:05 PM
Maybe someday you can add something constructive. I doubt you have the means or have ever been here in your life. IRA? I was outside a bombing in Trafalgar Sq years ago and got hurt. For you to even make a comment like that is sick.

You were making out the Mafia was some big deal in NY and poor little me lived a sheltered life away from your horrible sooty 1970 NY, I pointed out that at the time the IRA/UDA were causing mayhem in the UK. I lived in London and (razor /knife gang) Glasgow, he Mafia would last about ten minutes over here. I have stayed in NY. For you to make your sick comment on my genuine comment is sick.

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 05:11 PM
There is something wrong with you. IF you think for one minute that the mob did not run this city you are a moron. Read the papers from the time, see the trials, see the politicians brought down. You lived here? Sure. I lived no sheltered life and I was actually quite hurt in you city from your own insurgents.

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 05:15 PM
There is something wrong with you. IF you think for one minute that the mob did not run this city you are a moron. Read the papers from the time, see the trials, see the politicians brought down. You lived here? Sure. I lived no sheltered life and I was actually quite hurt in you city from your own insurgents. If you are so callous that a foreigner can be brought into your stupid religious wars, and injured, you are sick. That would not happen here, the mob would see to it.

stplsd
08-22-11, 05:32 PM
If you are so callous that a foreigner can be brought into your stupid religious wars, and injured, you are sick. That would not happen here, the mob would see to it.

I didn't cause any injury to anyone, you are being sick to attempt to implicate me as a fellow traveller. And now you appear to approve of the Mafia as a guarantor of religious harmony?

stplsd
08-22-11, 05:42 PM
You knock how we run things? What about you?

By "we" I hope you don't mean the Mafia? I was merely pointing out to you that the situation in NY was not uniquely bad corruption and violence wise (or soot) at that time and then you went completely overboard (again). Calm down, calm down. By what I've read/heard the most convincing story is that Devon died from an OD in the hotel, but how do we know? Where did the falling/pushed/jumped out an upper story window story come from, why are you so convinced she didn't? What's your source?
Even if you did scour the NY newspapers looking for a report on her death at the time, not knowing her real name may have been quite a hindrance?

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 05:55 PM
I'll calm down after this. Do you actually think for one minute you can tell me what went on around me and that my information is incorrect? IT is not. If you think the situation in NYC was not bad you better do some homework, If you think Hendrix did not have the same problems on 8th Street, you better do some homework, and if you think I was not hurt by your religious nonsense, You are wrong. You never point out anything. It is always inflammatory and you have zero compassion for any individual around you. All you care about is yourself and your pontifications. Was I hurt in your country? Yes. Didn't work for 12 weeks. Did this happen in my neighborhood growing up? NO! Guess what my choice would be.

stplsd
08-22-11, 05:57 PM
Well, you can try the NYC library or NYU's over-used microfilms for old issues of The Daily News or NY Post. There is a remote possibility that something is mentioned about it there providing you can pin-point the exact day or week. I found great stuff in those files back in the day. Besides that, only those who now survive from Devon's circle at that time would really know. Or, call : 230 West 20th Street, New York - (212) 741-8211 (NYPD 10TH Police Precinct). I'm sure they get requests for this kind of research everyday.

Anyone? Of course there's the official medical births and deaths records, the excellent US Freedom of Information Act which may be of benefit? How about you jimdavies?

stplsd
08-22-11, 06:13 PM
if you think I was not hurt by your religious nonsense, .

That's your failure to see, in your zealous anger that I was pointing out that far from being sheltered by lack of Mafia, it was pretty serious here with the IRA/UDA violence eg "protection"/bombings/related "gang" wars in several major cities, poverty, soot etc. I am not religious or a terrorist. Also I don't recall an IRA bombing in Trafalgar Square?

stplsd
08-22-11, 06:14 PM
We have already been thru this. Junkies don't get the same as the rest of us. This was stated hours ago. They threw her in the car and shipped her to Potter's Field. Because the cops and mob agreed that that was how it would happen. End of story. You will never find a single record because her death did not mean a thing to anyone, moreso because she was taken out and I already explained the relationship between the NYPD and the MOB in the '70s. You can't read, are blind or what?

So we just have to accept your arrogant, unsupported word on the matter then?

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 06:15 PM
Well there was and I can show you the marks on my body. All the windows blew out of a pub at dinner time.

stplsd
08-22-11, 06:16 PM
Well there was and I can show you the marks on my body. All the windows blew out of a pub at dinner time.

A date would be fine, just curious;)

stplsd
08-22-11, 06:27 PM
No, just use your common sense if you have an ounce of it.

So "common sense" is just accepting your word that her dead body was just thrown into a car and dumped at Potters Field with no record? Do they not take records at Potters Field? After all it's only a burial place for those that haven't the means to pay for there own funeral ie the indegent. Devon apparently could afford a room and had several well off "friends" who could bail her out? In New York no attempt is made to identify people if they have no ID and they are just dumped? But then surely you need ID to book into a hotel?

stplsd
08-22-11, 06:28 PM
So we just have to accept your arrogant, unsupported word on the matter then?

That is how it works here.

Sound like the Don? (too many movie fantasies)

stplsd
08-22-11, 06:37 PM

A date would be fine, just curious

Several posts later. . . So jd no date then?

jimdavies111
08-22-11, 08:34 PM
For the resident know it all, STPLSD:

Do you have a comment now? My fault, right? Shouldn't have been there. Nobody expects to be bombed, and over religion?

ilovejimi
08-22-11, 08:44 PM
4sale1

ilovejimi
08-22-11, 08:52 PM
there are no idiots at CTT

MourningStar
08-22-11, 09:18 PM
there are no idiots at CTTwtf, what about me???!!!???!!

(heh heh, I see our lovable resident hemorrhoid is at it again. pee-pee whacking time.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/EMOTSMILEY/emot-munch.gif

MourningStar
08-22-11, 09:20 PM
you know you are not an idiot. This is BS. Sorry MS, hope things are good.
jdall's outta-sight, peace bro'

MourningStar
08-22-11, 09:38 PM
... This will never be the bible for the Hendrix legacy. ...BLASPHEMY!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/AVATAR/demon_e0.gif

Fenders Fingers
08-23-11, 08:42 AM
Wow, Just when I thought I could come home from work, have a quiet sit and catch up on the threads before doing some stuff for others on this site. But no I get this crap.
STPLSD, JD. I am not going to take sides just gonna say cool it.
I do still have a problem with one of your posts JD. Can I ask you to remove it please as it is not allowed on this site to insult others so directly. Thanks mate.
Oh yea, no one is getting banned regardless.

Ezy Rider
08-23-11, 10:11 AM
good, back to business . . .

here is what souldoggie further had to say on his source and Devon Wilson:

souldoggie

06-12-10, 10:43 AM

Many thanks for this interesting piece. And your archive research, pity nothing turned up. Did you manage to find out her real name?

Thanks stplsd, I just looked up my notes, my friend said that Devon's birth first name was Ada and that Ada took on the name of "Wilson" as a tribute to Nancy Wilson. I still do not know her full birth name. January was most likely her birth month. Devon herself claimed she was born in the late 40's but my source said that she and her friends never believed that, they felt she was much older.

One anecdote told to me was she said that Deering Howe bought Devon a beautiful full length sable coat that Devon cherished.

My friend has some awesome stuff, sadly no photo's of Devon or Jimi. At least not yet, there were drawers full of photo's, papers, etc.
But she showed me some Salvation Club invites, Scene Club invites, etc.

She was gracious enough to let me have a NYC Playboy Club Work Schedule ("Bunny Bulletin") from the weeks of September 13 and September 20, 1965. (I was mistaken in my original email, she was a colleague of Devon's 65-66, not 64-66)

Periodically I go on a mission to find Devon Wilson. Her birth name, her birth date, her family, where she is buried. I don't know why really, but the gal intrigues me. I've never had success finding the details of her life.
It's hard to explain, but when I saw "D. Wilson" on a 1965 NYC Playboy Club work schedule in a beautiful country house on a winter's day, 2010, deep in the Midwest, I felt as though this was as close as I'd ever get.

Cover letter (the document is a total of 12 pages):

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww136/souldoggie/Playboyschedule9-65cover.jpg

Devon working her tail off (Monday on Reserve, Tuesday A level, Wednesday Penthouse, Thursday B level, Friday Penthouse):

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww136/souldoggie/NYCPlayboydayschedule.jpg

and there is also a possible lead by Scrum Drum (any chance of finding that again?)

Scrum Drum

06-13-10, 01:32 AM

I saw a video somewhere of a New York City detective saying the Devon Wilson death was something they could never figure out.

MourningStar
08-23-11, 12:01 PM
^
good post, thnx g.

Scrum Drum
08-23-11, 02:51 PM
I hope JD doesn't get pulled-into vitriol because he's the type I was hoping would get involved in the discussion seeing how he was close-by at the time.

He was right about the New York scene at the time with the mob and cops. I'm glad the mods re-opened the thread because I just wanted to chime-in that the total lack of investigation is proof of what I was saying.

As the good poster Gesikang points-out if that detective commented that they could never figure-out why Devon was killed it meant there was something to figure-out and not the simple explanation of a heroin overdose at a time period where Devon was known to have been cleaning-up. Besides, how do you have a needle sticking in your arm and "fall" out of a window at the same time???

Hope we get more non-argumentative facts on this.

Oh yeah, the Chelsea desk clerk who said "that Hendrix chick who fell to her death" probably read it in one of the bios...

danksquad
08-23-11, 04:53 PM
I know for a fact that there are death certificates and burial records for most of the soldiers that were killed in the (American) Civil War during the 1800's. It is very rare that a person dies in this country without there being a lasting record of it happening. (Unless it was covered up and those records were destroyed)

The real question is, what was Devon's real name and what was the exact date that she died?
With that info, there's a good chance we'd be able to dig up some clues.

Scrum Drum
08-23-11, 05:44 PM
I'm sure Jerry will tell you he wasn't there and heard it from somebody. I have access to people who were and they said the 8 floor fall was inaccurate and Devon was found beaten to death with a needle in her arm with her body sticking half way out a door. Sorry, but Jerry won't get us out of that. It makes sense that Devon didn't beat herself to death and stick a needle in her arm. So therefore there were people who either witnessed it or did it who aren't talking.

kdion11
08-23-11, 06:19 PM
Because she was a junkie and did not fall to her death. Simple. Well known whore and drug addict who succumbed to her addiction in a Hotel known for drug deaths. What else is there to say?

KD: That's not what happened at all and has never been reported anywhere, anytime except by you right now. Where do some of you come up with this stuff?

kdion11
08-23-11, 06:30 PM
What was her real name, how did she actually die, is she actually dead?

Devon Wilson , (born: 1940s, Milwaukee, Wisconsin- died: February 1971) was a “supergroupie” in the 1960s- she was romantically linked to: Jimi Hendrix, Mick Jagger, Brian Jones (Rolling Stones), Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, and many others.

Devon ran away from home her hometown of Milwaukee and had lived on the streets of Las Vegas by the time she was 15 years old. She allegedly became a prostitute at the age of fifteen while living on the streets (which might explain the line ‘been riding broomsticks since she was fifteen’ in the song Dolly Dagger, Hendrix’s song to/about Devon Wilson.)
“Eventually settling in New York, Devon became a regular at places like the Scene and the Fillmore East. She met Jimi Hendrix in 1965, and they began an on-again, off-again relationship.”1

Wilson was a regular presence in the studio when Jimi was recording when she became Jimi’s personal assistant. “Devon’s hard-partying lifestyle eventually took its toll as she became addicted to cocaine and heroin. Jimi became increasingly disillusioned with their relationship and toward the end of his life, he had been distancing himself from Devon and was spending more time with other women. Devon Wilson was the subject of a Hendrix song, Dolly Dagger. According to engineer Eddie Kramer (http://crosstowntorrents.org/KramerEddie.html), Wilson was in the control room as Hendrix recorded the lead vocals. As an aside, Hendrix says "Watch out Devon, give me a little bit of that heaven." She died a mysterious death in February 1971, when she fell from the Chelsea Hotel in New York.”1

And:

Another strange death shortly after Hendrix’s was that of “super groupie” Devon Wilson (who apparently was run away who became prostitute at 15) she “fell” 8 stories from the window of the Chelsea Hotel in New York.

Devon Wilson is also reported to have dated Eric Clapton and Miles Davis amongst others, and she is also rumoured to have had a baby boy by Mick Jagger though what happened to him I haven't been able to ascertain yet. She was also apparently the subject of the song “Dolly Dagger” and was in the control room when it was recorded.

kdion11
08-23-11, 06:38 PM

KD: I agree with STPLSD - and I live here in the USA. Deaths ARE REGISTERED ! Everybody who dies gets their death registered. Doesn't matter if you're a junkie on the street, or Donald Trump. Births and deaths get registered. The Mafia or the cops or autopsies have nothing to do with it. Deaths get registered, end of discussion. The USA isn't Pakistan or Somalia or something, with dead bodies floating by in the river to no attention or record keeping, get real.

Do a search on the internet: Death of Devon Wilson - all of them report "Out the window of the Chelsea Hotel" - nary a peep about "beaten to death in an alley with a needle hanging out of her arm. Connect the dots !

kdion11
08-23-11, 06:40 PM
There is something wrong with you. IF you think for one minute that the mob did not run this city you are a moron. Read the papers from the time, see the trials, see the politicians brought down. You lived here? Sure. I lived no sheltered life and I was actually quite hurt in you city from your own insurgents.

KD: Whether or not the MOB ran NYC is irrelevent. Deaths then, just like now GET REGISTERED. That's all STPLSD was saying. I agree. How can deaths not get registered in NYC ? What you are saying makes no sense what so ever.

kdion11
08-23-11, 06:53 PM
I just wanted to chime-in that the total lack of investigation is proof of what I was saying. Oh yeah, the Chelsea desk clerk who said "that Hendrix chick who fell to her death" probably read it in one of the bios...

KD: Here you go again SD with your "lack of evidence is proof enough for me" - You are consistent if nothing else my friend !

kdion11
08-23-11, 06:57 PM
I'm sure Jerry will tell you he wasn't there and heard it from somebody. I have access to people who were and they said the 8 floor fall was inaccurate and Devon was found beaten to death with a needle in her arm with her body sticking half way out a door. Sorry, but Jerry won't get us out of that. It makes sense that Devon didn't beat herself to death and stick a needle in her arm. So therefore there were people who either witnessed it or did it who aren't talking.

KD: Or who are just making it all up to match some far fetched conspiracy theory. Again folks, do a search on the internet: Devon Wilson: Death. See what yo come up with. All are "Fell to her death from the Chealsea Hotel 8th floor" Not 1 "Found Beaten To Death With A Needle In Her Arm"B

But of course this all just proves the conspiracy theory that she really WAS BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A NEEDLE IN HER ARM, and the far flung story about falling from the hotel window was all a ruse to throw us off the real scent, right SD ?

MourningStar
08-23-11, 07:51 PM
... Again folks, do a search on the internet: ...Sorry Keith, this won't work with this subject matter. Most of the internet is devoted to porn, the small remainder is a mixed bag of fact and bull-shit. In the case of Devon, other than the 'known and relative association w/Hendrix and others', it's all hearsay. Hell, some are now learning that this was not even her real name. Just because every search on the internet might tell us a certain thing, it's your choice to believe it, it by no means guarantees a fact of truth.

As to the point regarding the registration of deaths. Means nothing, as it is no gaurantee that the 'paperwork' and 'the corpse' will always be 'a match', let alone the fact that Potter's field is full of Jane & John Doe's (for you unfamiliar, J & J D's were/are (don't know if it's still in use) name assignments with a numerix suffix for unidentified corpse).

heh heh ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/AVATAR/demon_e0.gif

Scrum Drum
08-23-11, 10:51 PM
All I can tell you is in a PM to Souldoggie he described the exact source I was informed of without me mentioning it. I find it amusing while people were chiming-in with 'thanks' to Souldoggie for what they thought was him disproving me little did they know Souldoggie privately agreed with me and we confirmed our sources. Goes to show how off some people's perceived biases can be compared to the truth.

Now we need to find that quote from the New York City detective. Common sense tells you that a common heroin OD would not be a case "that we could never figure-out".

Oh, and people who think the internet provides the truth on all things need to learn more about the world and how it works. Inquests too...

Scrum Drum
08-24-11, 12:00 AM
I'll let people judge who's being evasive here...

Scrum Drum
08-24-11, 02:44 AM
Page 224 - 'Hendrix...Betrayed' by Sharon Lawrence:

"Everyone knows the hotel had its share of druggies," a New York policeman said days after Devon's body had been taken to the morgue. "But this was a mysterious death. We could not pin down whether Devon Wilson had jumped or if she had been pushed."

You see this is where JDavies' New York street wisdom comes in handy. I believe souldoggie's source. So if Devon was found that way why was the cop telling the fatal fall story? What was being covered-up?

Since the unnamed cop is referring to a morgue and investigation that tried to figure it out this means there absolutely has to be an accompanying police record since it is, technically, still a "cold case". I really want to find that police report now. If the cops were speaking of a fatal fall that never happened it is a serious red-flag for a cover-up.

Ezy Rider
08-24-11, 03:37 AM
More interesting leads on the NYC Ex Playboy Bunny Message Board (with contact details!):

Searching for Devon Wilson (new e-mail address) (http://playboybunnymessages.tripod.com/MessageBoard/00000038.htm) Catherine Kelly 10th August 2001
Re: Searching for Devon Wilson (new e-mail address) (http://playboybunnymessages.tripod.com/MessageBoard/000001d1.htm) Wren 21st October 2003
Re: Searching for Devon Wilson (new e-mail address) (http://playboybunnymessages.tripod.com/MessageBoard/00000180.htm) Brett 29th August 2003
Re: Searching for Devon Wilson (new e-mail address) (http://playboybunnymessages.tripod.com/MessageBoard/000000ef.htm) Bunny Leslie (Bambi) 14th March 2003

And when opened up:
Searching for Devon Wilson (new e-mail address)

Name: Catherine Kelly
Email: catherine.kelly@vanguarde.com
Date: 10th August 2001
Time: 19:41

Please note my new e-mail address: catherine.kelly@vanguarde.com. Thank you.
I am a journalist looking for anyone who knew a black woman who was a Bunny. Her name is Devon Wilson. She may have been a Bunny during the mid-60s in Los Angeles or New York.
If anyone knew her or could offer any insight, please contact me. Thank you.

Re: Searching for Devon Wilson (new e-mail address)

Name: Wren
Email: Wwrrenn@aol.com
Date: 21st October 2003
Time: 14:42

The Devon Wilson I'm thinking of died in Feb 1971. She was from Milwaukee, ran away at an early age and wound up in Las Vegas turning tricks at age 15. She met Jimi Hedrix in N.Y. in 1965 and was his girlfriend. She inspired his song "Dolly Dagger." She was known as a supergroupie and also hung out with Mick Jagger, the late Brian Jones, Eric Clapton, late Duane Allman. She fell to her death from the Chelsea Hotel Feb. 1971. Very tragic. I've been looking for a pic of her.

Name: Brett
Email: brettski40@hotmail.com
Date: 29th August 2003
Time: 18:49

This is a reply to the journalist asking about Devon Wilson from the 60's.
There was a black woman from Philadelphia named Devon Wilson who became Jimi Hendrix's girlfriend for a while, eventually even becoming his personal assistant. He even wrote a song for her, "Dolly Dagger".
I don't really know if it was the same person but I'm guessing she had to be quite attractive to be his girlfriend. The time period seems about right. She was born in 1940 or 1941 and she died in 71 from falling out of a window at the Chelsea Hotel in New York.

Name: Bunny Leslie (Bambi)
Email: (leslierose@paulhastings.com)leslierose@paulhastin gs.com
Date: 14th March 2003
Time: 17:02

I believe Devon was my roommate on E. 63rd Street in NY!!! Would love to see her again!

http://playboybunnymessages.tripod.com/clubs/newyork.html

cartman
08-24-11, 06:44 AM
hey scrum, just yesterday i myself was murdered, by those cheeky 'Da-Mob/Bent-Fedz INTEL-Alliance.TM' chappies...
They 'spiked/restrained/waterboard-drowned/beat/OD'd/flying-lessoned' me to make it look like "suicide"...

...that was some real bummed-out 'Crash Landing'... :uncomfortableness:

Scrum Drum
08-24-11, 11:42 AM
I really wish people would restrain themselves from trolling. It's a serious topic.

stplsd
08-24-11, 01:38 PM
Page 224 - 'Hendrix...Betrayed' by Sharon Lawrence:

"Everyone knows the hotel had its share of druggies," a New York policeman said days after Devon's body had been taken to the morgue. "But this was a mysterious death. We could not pin down whether Devon Wilson had jumped or if she had been pushed."

You see this is where JDavies' New York street wisdom comes in handy. I believe souldoggie's source. So if Devon was found that way why was the cop telling the fatal fall story? What was being covered-up?

Since the unnamed cop is referring to a morgue and investigation that tried to figure it out this means there absolutely has to be an accompanying police record since it is, technically, still a "cold case". I really want to find that police report now. If the cops were speaking of a fatal fall that never happened it is a serious red-flag for a cover-up.

Or Lawrence may just have just made it all up;-)

kdion11
08-24-11, 02:19 PM
I'll let people judge who's being evasive here...

KD: You ! No proof or no evidence to you means proof and evidence to back your claims and wild theories. There's a word for this Orwelian !

Ever read 1984 ? Black is white, war is peace , up is down, down is up, peace is war, white is black and on and on and on and on.
I think you all get the idea here.

Scrum Drum
08-24-11, 02:33 PM
Or Lawrence may just have just made it all up;-)

I considered that, but I don't think so. Lawrence promotes the "suicide" theory and publicly says Jimi wasn't murdered. Intel uses media to get close to targeted individuals, so Lawrence's opinions do raise some questions. Her opinions make one hesitate over whether she was an intel asset. It's happened before. However I don't think so and the police who were involved could be found and questioned. Lawrence could simply be following her usual media conformity.

Souldoggie's source said they witnessed seeing Devon jammed half in and out of a doorway beaten to death with a needle in her arm. So why the New York cop who Lawrence quoted said Devon fell from the 8th floor needs to be investigated. What was Devon's autopsy heroin level? Or was the alleged fall used to cover-up any investigation of the real cause?

stplsd
08-24-11, 03:00 PM
Souldoggie's source said they witnessed seeing Devon jammed half in and out of a doorway beaten to death with a needle in her arm.

Show us where souldoggie's source says she was "beaten to death", it looks like you're up to your usual tricks of misquoting and invention;)

kdion11
08-24-11, 03:01 PM
I considered that, but I don't think so. Lawrence promotes the "suicide" theory and publicly says Jimi wasn't murdered. Intel uses media to get close to targeted individuals, so Lawrence's opinions do raise some questions. Her opinions make one hesitate over whether she was an intel asset. It's happened before. However I don't think so and the police who were involved could be found and questioned. Lawrence could simply be following her usual media conformity.

Souldoggie's source said they witnessed seeing Devon jammed half in and out of a doorway beaten to death with a needle in her arm. So why the New York cop who Lawrence quoted said Devon fell from the 8th floor needs to be investigated. What was Devon's autopsy heroin level? Or was the alleged fall used to cover-up any investigation of the real cause?

KD: So Sharon Lawrence is now an INTEL Asset or plant too ? Oh brother. Where do you come up with this stuff ?

Scrum Drum
08-25-11, 01:25 AM
Interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFs2KpsAd_w

stplsd
08-25-11, 02:11 PM
Show us where souldoggie's source says she was "beaten to death", it looks like you're up to your usual tricks of misquoting and invention;)

So... No reply from SD, so we are to assume he's just making it up as he goes along (as usual). Instead he just put up a youtube link we've all seen ages ago.

Scrum Drum
08-25-11, 03:36 PM
Show us where an accidental heroin overdose ends up jammed naked in a doorway with their bottom half sticking out into the hallway and then ends up being said to have plunged 8 stories. The witness for this was a credible source who knew Devon.

This needs to be investigated by finding the police reports and locating the source of the 8 storey drop (for which there is no evidence so far).

I wish JimDavies would return to this because he's on the right track about the mob corruption of the authorities. Only he isn't going high enough, or realizing the level at which this was covered-up and why.

kdion11
08-25-11, 03:40 PM
So... No reply from SD, so we are to assume he's just making it up as he goes along (as usual). Instead he just put up a youtube link we've all seen ages ago.

KD: Yep ! He's "hiding" to use his own terminology - Again folks: Up is down, down is up, war is peace, peace is war. Where's George Orwell when you
really need him !

kdion11
08-25-11, 03:42 PM

KD: Great ! Now we're getting somewheren. If you have access to these people tell us who they are and have them send in a message to this \
board telling everything they know about this. As with the rest of your theories, I seriously doubt there's any credibility, proof or evidence to back
any of this stuff up.

stplsd
08-25-11, 03:43 PM
Show us where an accidental heroin overdose ends up jammed naked in a doorway with their bottom half sticking out into the hallway and then ends up being said to have plunged 8 stories. The witness for this was a credible source who knew Devon.

So not beaten to death, but with added "naked" and "bottom" now;-)

kdion11
08-25-11, 03:50 PM
http://crosstowntorrents.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Scrum Drum http://crosstowntorrents.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?p=59262#post59262)

KD: Yep, that cool, "in the know" rock scenester, here to set the record straight. Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together
for ........................... George Orwell !

souldoggie
08-25-11, 06:23 PM
Show us where souldoggie's source says she was "beaten to death", .......;)

Yup, it can't be shown because I never said that, because I never was told that. The first I've ever heard that "Devon was beaten to death" was on this board.
Scrum Drum is correct in that he PM'd me and I found his message very interesting.
It seems that we may well have crossed paths with the same source.
But based on his PM and on his "Devon was beaten" info, it's my belief that he may have spoken directly to the ex-roommate of Devon, where I have only spoken with the ex-roommate's friend.
So in this sense, my hearsay is once removed, so to speak. My source never mentioned a beating.

I've got an idea. And it's based strictly on my own selfish priorities.
Yes, I find the circumstances of Ada's (I mean Devon's) death, intriguing. And "conspiracy" has nothing to do with it, as far as why I find her death intriguing.

If I had the choice between the facts I get to know and the facts I don't get to know, then I'm choosing learning these facts: her birth name and where she is buried.

I want to buy her a headstone and then lay flowers on it. And I'm very fortunate, money is no worry around here, I'm paid well and I don't owe anybody nothing.

So my idea is this....let's find out who she was and where she is.

If you guys (CT contributors) can't do it, nobody can.
Help a souldog out.
Thanks,
Souldoggie

souldoggie
08-25-11, 07:21 PM
So my idea is this....let's find out who she was and where she is.

Perhaps I should clarify and say "specifically" so as to attempt to head off the easy, tongue-in-cheek (or worse) answers.
The who: hearsay and facts tell us she was a Playboy Bunny, a prostitute, a hustler, a drug abuser, a drug supplier, a NYC roommate of a fellow Bunny or two, a groupie, a scene maker/attender, and Jimi's girlfriend/song muse/party girl/"paid assistant"/drug supplier
When I say "who" I mean what was her birth name.

The where: since I think we can all agree she is dead, then we might all assume she is six feet in the ground.
So when I say "where" I mean where.

Scrum Drum
08-26-11, 12:41 PM
Scrum Drum is correct in that he PM'd me and I found his message very interesting.
It seems that we may well have crossed paths with the same source.

It's the same source because they found the body. I'd like to locate that source again and find out what they think about the 8 storey fall tale. To me, the fact this source didn't go public shows a fear of getting killed by the people who murdered Devon.

So in this sense, my hearsay is once removed, so to speak. My source never mentioned a beating.

It's very difficult to end-up jammed in a doorway from an overdose. Obviously Devon fought her attackers like the street girl she was. Typical of a mob hit, the plunge story would account for the trauma to the body caused by the beating. I believe the cops went along because this was covered from high up (and still is).

If I had the choice between the facts I get to know and the facts I don't get to know, then I'm choosing learning these facts: her birth name and where she is buried.

I want to buy her a headstone and then lay flowers on it. And I'm very fortunate, money is no worry around here, I'm paid well and I don't owe anybody nothing.

I think the eyewitness saw the real way Devon died. The fact the cops are repeating a false version (just like with Jimi) is a giant red-flag to me. I suspect the reason Devon went hysterical at the funeral was because she felt tremendous guilt over what she had done to Jimi. If you read page 224 of 'Betrayed' Lawrence says she spoke to Devon after Jimi died and Devon admitted she had done things to harm him. People accept the story that Devon flew to England to check on the magazine stories about Jimi and Kirsten. But she might have been on one of her paid assignments from Jeffery as well. Did Devon decline going to the Samarkand because she was too nodded-out or was she following instructions? The police could have found out who's apartment she was found in and investigated it. Instead they chose the cover-story. Frankly, I think we are right where JimDavies was leading us at this point, only the players are much higher than beat cops with much more powerful interests...

http://www.correctionhistory.org/html/chronicl/nycdoc/html/hart.html

stplsd
08-26-11, 02:24 PM
Obviously Devon fought her attackers like the street girl she was. Typical of a mob hit, the plunge story would account for the trauma to the body caused by the beating.

So, actually, you have just made up "the beating" to fit your scenario.

dino77
08-26-11, 02:25 PM
Fayne Pridgeon said that Devon was "greedy", always had to take the most drugs,,,that's enough for me regarding her death. Obviously a sharp woman regardless, it's a shame she embraced groupiedom.

kdion11
08-26-11, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Scrum Drum http://crosstowntorrents.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?p=59305#post59305) Obviously Devon fought her attackers like the street girl she was. Typical of a mob hit, the plunge story would account for the trauma to the body caused by the beating.

So, actually, you have just made up "the beating" to fit your scenario.

KD: He makes it all up ! Devon being found beaten with a needle sticking out of her arm, Jimi "firing" Jeffery, INTEL waterboarding murder brigades killing Jimi, and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

No evidence or proof for any of these things PROVES the international conspiracy present to cover them up ! Black is white, white is black, war is peace, peace is war, up is down, down is up etc.

kdion11
08-26-11, 03:08 PM
http://crosstowntorrents.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by stplsd http://crosstowntorrents.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?p=59196#post59196)
Show us where souldoggie's source says she was "beaten to death", .......;)

Souldoggie:
Yup, it can't be shown because I never said that, because I never was told that. The first I've ever heard that "Devon was beaten to death" was on this board.

KD: There you go folks ! As usual SD has just made it all up to "prove" his ridiculous and completely unprovable conspiracy theories.
What a crock Volume # 87

jhendrixfanatic
08-26-11, 03:13 PM
To me, the fact this source didn't go public shows a fear of getting killed by the people who murdered Devon. - Scrum Drum

Bit of a stretch.

(I didn't write a longer post for fear of getting killed by the people who murdered Devon)

kdion11
08-26-11, 03:19 PM
To me, the fact this source didn't go public shows a fear of getting killed by the people who murdered Devon. - Scrum Drum Bit of a stretch.

QUOTE=jhendrixfanatic;59315]Bit of a stretch.

(I didn't write a longer post for fear of getting killed by the people who murdered Devon)[/QUOTE]

KD: We're all going to die ! - we're going to be killed by water boarding, INTEL death squads for even discussing this stuff !

HELP ! Somebody call the NYPD ! Oh wait, they're in on all this too and THEY'RE GOING TO KILL US TOO ! HELP !

Fenders Fingers
08-26-11, 04:34 PM
To me, the fact this source didn't go public shows a fear of getting killed by the people who murdered Devon. - Scrum Drum Bit of a stretch.

QUOTE=jhendrixfanatic;59315]Bit of a stretch.

(I didn't write a longer post for fear of getting killed by the people who murdered Devon)

KD: We're all going to die ! - we're going to be killed by water boarding, INTEL death squads for even discussing this stuff !

HELP ! Somebody call the NYPD ! Oh wait, they're in on all this too and THEY'RE GOING TO KILL US TOO ! HELP ![/QUOTE]

They comin' thry the door RIGHT now KD?

MourningStar
08-26-11, 08:57 PM
I've known and know street smart, veteran junkies. A few were/are cousins, most were/are associates of same. Of the dead ones, not one single o.d. All were murdered. Of the living, quite the miracle they still are, all cite keeping 'on top' of product content and maintaining a non-aggressive low street profile for still being around. I would guess this to be the norm. If Devon is dead and was the high profile, 'greedy' super-aggressive diva personality that's being dished about, the odds that her death was accidental are extremely low, damn near, if not, practically nil, given her 'public' persona and the, so far, non-existent official death certifications or any semi-official (newspaper, radio, etc.) statements (ref : Post #88 (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?5456-The-Death-Of-Devon-Wilson&p=59149#post59149)).

Scrum Drum
08-26-11, 09:38 PM
If Devon is dead and was the high profile, 'greedy' super-aggressive diva personality that's being dished about, the odds that her death was accidental are extremely low, damn near, if not, practically nil, given her 'public' persona and the, so far, non-existent official death certifications or any semi-official (newspaper, radio, etc.) statements (ref : Post #88 (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?5456-The-Death-Of-Devon-Wilson&p=59149#post59149)).

Well, was Devon going clean or not? If she had cleaned-up then the needle is evidence of a typical mob-hit of a known heroin user. So, not only do veteran heroin users not die this way but they also usually don't end up jammed halfway in a doorway. As Mourningstar correctly cites, this is a murder scene no doubt. And, just like with Jimi, there's weird stuff that happened as far as witnesses after the body was found. If you witness a death scene that differs from the police account and you don't come forward it means you're afraid of something. That goes for the Samarkand too.

Was Devon (super aggressive diva) crazy enough to blackmail Jeffery about what she knew?

Ezy Rider
08-27-11, 02:44 AM
I've known and know street smart, veteran junkies. A few were/are cousins, most were/are associates of same. Of the dead ones, not one single o.d. All were murdered. Of the living, quite the miracle they still are, all cite keeping 'on top' of product content and maintaining a non-aggressive low street profile for still being around. I would guess this to be the norm. If Devon is dead and was the high profile, 'greedy' super-aggressive diva personality that's being dished about, the odds that her death was accidental are extremely low, damn near, if not, practically nil, given her 'public' persona and the, so far, non-existent official death certifications or any semi-official (newspaper, radio, etc.) statements (ref : Post #88 (http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?5456-The-Death-Of-Devon-Wilson&p=59149#post59149)).

I agree but all these murdered persons, did they have death certifications, statements etc? I guess so. Devon Wilson was not Devon Wilson (hustling from 15 yrs old and probably going by all sorts of names and ages), and her tomb stone and death certificate must be somewhere but without a correct name and birth date (or first let us try to establish a date of death) we won't find anything.

Also, the issue has become, again, not if her death was murder but if her death was part of a conspiracy theory linked to Jimi's death. Even if it was murder, this does not immediately (or in fact, hardly hardly ever) mean that it was an Intel/CIA/MJ conspiracy.

cartman
08-27-11, 11:02 AM
She could well have been thrown out the window. Eric Clapton could have been with her 10 minutes before
for all i know. Junkie robs junkie, with Devon payin' the ultimate price. Who's to say it aint so.
Sid was so high he didnt notice Nancy get stabbed up, & thought he'd done her in himself...
Its the Chelsea hotel, ffs...

MourningStar
08-27-11, 12:15 PM
... Also, the issue has become, again, not if her death was murder but if her death was part of a conspiracy theory linked to Jimi's death. Even if it was murder, this does not immediately (or in fact, hardly hardly ever) mean that it was an Intel/CIA/MJ conspiracy.True. Murder, Hendrix-linked hit or accident - all are still open for discussion until the evidence/proof surfaces.

Scrum Drum
08-27-11, 12:44 PM
Even if it was murder, this does not immediately (or in fact, hardly hardly ever) mean that it was an Intel/CIA/MJ conspiracy.

"Hardly hardly ever". Absolutely true. Except if you read this statement it does admit that there are times when it happens. And those times are almost always accompanied by false reports; No police reports; No press coverage; Witnesses who saw something different than the official report; No real investigation; and people afraid to come forward.

What jumps out at me is the fact those close to Devon never came forward speak about her final days and what she was doing and talking about. I bet if you ask Mourningstar how many of those murdered people ended-up jammed in a doorway with a needle in their arm he would say none. So while trying to say this was a mundane common murder, the murder scene speaks otherwise, as does Devon's involvement in Jeffery's office as an informant. Ask Mourningstar how many of those murdered heroin users were involved in the last days of Jimi Hendrix and the intrigue that went on around him at the time? The thing about being an informer for Jeffery is the informer then becomes a witness to Jeffery as well. It works both ways. The people who knew Devon during those final days are probably still alive.

Chas: "Anyone who speaks of the real way Jimi died will have his head blown-off."

Fenders Fingers
08-27-11, 03:40 PM
OK, let's stop here shall we. We seem to be covering old ground and turning this into the Jimi murder shit we "killed" off earlier.

ilovejimi
08-27-11, 05:52 PM
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :stoned_again:

Fenders Fingers
08-29-11, 09:39 AM
Lets see how things go. If your unsure of what to post may I suggest you read the site rules and the OP first :-)

stplsd
08-29-11, 10:54 AM
Just found an site that claims Devon died on February 2, 1971 in New York City at age 27. But this appears to be just to fit in with his groundhog day obsession (and 27's death club twaddle), but? where did this come from?
What about a native New Yorker, or those "in the know" asking Emeretta Marks, Betty Mabry, Pat Hartley, the Benabou sisters or other of her "friends"?

Scrum Drum
08-29-11, 11:41 AM

kdion11
08-29-11, 01:45 PM
OK, let's stop here shall we. We seem to be covering old ground and turning this into the Jimi murder shit we "killed" off earlier.

KD: Here, here ! A voice of reason in a conspiracy theory obsessed swamp !

Fenders Fingers
08-29-11, 03:38 PM

Ha Ha SD, love it mate.

souldoggie
09-15-11, 11:12 PM
Devon in 1969.

Thanks morelmusic. I have this shot somewhere, but I don't think I have it in color.
I've always believed this was taken at Jimi's place up near Woodstock. Is that accurate?
I wonder who took the photo, or where/what source did it surface originally?
Thanks again.

stplsd
09-16-11, 12:28 AM
^
It looks very similar to the sun lounger in the photo of the back patio at the Boiceville house

Scrum Drum
09-16-11, 02:29 AM
Crochet see-through Bikini. Tee hee hee hee hee...

souldoggie
09-16-11, 03:20 AM
I also worked in the PS Gallery

VERY cool. One of my favorite shops of all time. No, it is (was) my favorite.
I bought some cool stuff out of there. Stones stuff, too.
I wish I would have looked around for more of that Hendrix ephemera you mentioned.
I remember getting excited just walking up those steps.

Who knows, perhaps we met. You may have sold me a rare Stones sleeve or something.
Thanks for reminding me where I saw that Devon shot.

In a couple of hours I'm off to Lake Tahoe, Santa Barbara, and LA for 12 days. Work, but mostly pleasure. Can't wait, I need to get out of here.
Come to think of it, I wonder if the Earl Warren Fairground is still around. Hope so, maybe I'll check it out.
I went by Monterey a couple of years ago and walked around that place. It was fun. It seemed so small. My girlfriend at the time thought I was completely nuts.
Thanks again, this site rocks.
Dog

souldoggie
11-27-11, 07:42 PM
This past week, I was told by a friend of a NYC roommate of Devon's, that Devon's birth name was Ada Ward.
I was also told that she was born in February, 1941 and that she died late January, 1971
As this is hear-say, I have no proof.
Has any of this information been reported before?
Thank you.

MourningStar
11-28-11, 01:22 AM
This past week, I was told by a friend of a NYC roommate of Devon's, that Devon's birth name was Ada Ward.
I was also told that she was born in February, 1941 and that she died late January, 1971
Thank you.maybe not here, but it sounds familiar.

stplsd
11-28-11, 06:00 PM
Thank you.

Hey doggie, have you tried accessing records for an Ada Ward, who died at the Chelsea?

souldoggie
11-28-11, 07:44 PM
Hey doggie, have you tried accessing records for an Ada Ward, who died at the Chelsea?

No, I have not. Not yet. Hopefully this info (if accurate) is of some help.
Thanks!

stplsd
11-29-11, 08:47 PM
"We" wish you all the best in your endevours, good man

crazee_canuck
03-06-13, 05:35 PM
Peculiar: There's a page about her on the Polish wikipedia....and ONLY the Polish one. https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_Wilson The page is kinda useless since there are no "real" sources cited for the DOB and DOD.

I've had no luck looking in the SSI for an "Ada Ward" dying in 1971 but maybe others have found credible info since the last post?

danksquad
06-07-13, 12:18 PM
The version of "Crash Landing" that was just released on People, Hell, & Angels seems to have renewed some interest in Devon and Jimi's relationship.

An interesting article in the new Guitar World Magazine states that when Jimi opened Electric Lady, the attitude was that Jimi was ready to get to work. He wanted to do away with the party atmosphere. Shortly before the opening, Jimi had a security camera installed so that they could see who was showing up at the sessions. Apparently when Jimi was at the Record Plant, he had an open door policy, and hangers on used to literally stroll right in off the street.

According to the article, one of the reasons Jimi had the security camera installed was because he did not want Devon to interfere with his sessions. So when Devon would show up, if they saw her on the security camera, they simply would not let her in and she'd be left standing out on 8th street. The article seems to imply that Devon had become somewhat of a burden or an annoyance to Jimi in mid to late 1970, and that Jimi was trying to distance himself from her.

BlackIrish55
06-07-13, 02:16 PM
According to the article, one of the reasons Jimi had the security camera installed was because he did not want Devon to interfere with his sessions. So when Devon would show up, if they saw her on the security camera, they simply would not let her in and she'd be left standing out on 8th street. The article seems to imply that Devon had become somewhat of a burden or an annoyance to Jimi in mid to late 1970, and that Jimi was trying to distance himself from her.

Really? She was very much in evidence at the Berkley show (May 1970), he paid for her vacation to Jamaica (July 1970) , she was at Randall's Island (July 1970) and she was with him the night/morning of his death (Sept. 1970). The Hendrix/Wilson dynamic was explosive "break up to make up" seems to be their theme, so they may have been on the outs by late 1970 it doesn't mean they were over as a couple. Jimi wouldn't be shy about telling Devon to leave there were plenty of women he had abused in the past (Fayne, Kathy, etc) that could attest to that.

danksquad
06-07-13, 02:50 PM
I was able to find the article here:

http://www.guitarworld.com/was-jimi-hendrix-out-control-during-his-final-days-studio-evidence-emerges-people-hell-and-angels

FYI --- They make you watch a very short commercial before letting you read the article. It's very long, so here is the excerpt of some of the Devon Wilson content.

“There were certainly other women in his life, but I think Devon was the one,” McDermott says. “She was the one who was fascinating to him, in terms of personality, obviously her beauty and also her outlook. It was a very passionate relationship between her and Jimi, but it wasn’t always steady. She was fiercely protective of him, in a certain way. I’m told by friends that she always thought she was advocating for Jimi and his best interest. Although, when Jimi built his own studio, Electric Lady, one of the things they did—and something she was very much in favor of—was put a closed-circuit camera on the door so they could see who was trying to buzz their way in. And there were many nights when Jimi would see Devon at the door and not let her in. He didn’t want the drama. But what person doesn’t go through that in that kind of relationship?”

Ezy Rider
06-07-13, 03:16 PM
Interesting then to consider that Hendrix had Dolly Dagger and Ezy Rider played on the opening party of Electric Lady Studios (wasn't Dolly Dagger also the new, prospected single?). He also included Dolly Dagger in the setlist of some of his later shows in the Cry of Love tour. She even flew to London making a row with/over Monika? headscratch1

Maybe Hendrix's way of standing up to Devon (and drugs?), a kind of musical therapy?

Ezy Rider
06-07-13, 03:22 PM
Really? She was very much in evidence at the Berkley show (May 1970), he paid for her vacation to Jamaica (July 1970) , she was at Randall's Island (July 1970) and she was with him the night/morning of his death (Sept. 1970). The Hendrix/Wilson dynamic was explosive "break up to make up" seems to be their theme, so they may have been on the outs by late 1970 it doesn't mean they were over as a couple. Jimi wouldn't be shy about telling Devon to leave there were plenty of women he had abused in the past (Fayne, Kathy, etc) that could attest to that.

I think you should ask Mick Jagger who is the boss:)

In fact the song Dolly Dagger is exactly about this very personality trait of Devon shakefist1:jimi:

MourningStar
06-07-13, 06:23 PM
... According to the article, one of the reasons Jimi had the security camera installed was because he did not want Devon to interfere with his sessions. ...Hendrix may have certainly used the camera to intercept Devon on occasion but I doubt it was a 'reason' for it's installation. I even have reservations that the camera was Hendrix's idea to start with, unless a quote from him is out there regarding it. Hendrix was known for laid-back, do-your-thing, live-and-let-live, 'peace-love-and all that other bullshit', and installing security cameras, in that era, smacked of paranoia, cloak-and-dagger, black helicopter stuff. If Hendrix did request a 'security camera', it could have been for reasons best discussed in the Conspiracy forum. Oh wait, we are in said forum ... carry on!

peace1

stplsd
06-09-13, 12:42 PM
“There were certainly other women in his life, but I think Devon was the one,” McDermott says. “She was the one who was fascinating to him, in terms of personality, obviously her beauty and also her outlook. It was a very passionate relationship between her and Jimi, but it wasn’t always steady.

Yeah, we've heard already, sigh

She was fiercely protective of him, in a certain way. I’m told by friends that she always thought she was advocating for Jimi and his best interest.

"I'm told by friends" what tosh, Jim Marron and Kramer have stated this quite clearly in interviews.

Although, when Jimi built his own studio, Electric Lady, one of the things they did was put a closed-circuit camera on the door so they could see who was trying to buzz their way in.

Oh, really

something she was very much in favor of

According to who?

And there were many nights when Jimi would see Devon at the door and not let her in. He didn’t want the drama.

Dermott over stepping the mark with his "many nights", "some" (allegedly, if it ever happened ;)) is what I have seen quoted previously by Kim King (from whom this tale appears to spring from ;)), how reliable is that even. That's all the Devon stuff. The article is full of flaws, basically just puff. It's only McD's opinion. None of it is attributed to anyone, so it should be taken with the proverbial pinch.

And as for Rocky Isaacs, talk about milking it to death, what a load (it gie me da boak! A wid stoat heis coupon aff a wa!)

To me it's just pish, like all that shit about the, later, "spaceship" interior, it was only installed well after Jimi's death, and could have been ordered anytime, Jimi always showed artistic and low key taste, he was an accomplished artist who painted and drew, had strong, (self) educated ideas about design, photography as well as playing, writing, managing, enabling others - no way would he have approved. It's in-your-face tasteless Jeffery (but he's no different from the general taste[LESS] of ex-new-"hippies" who made cash out of it, ie yippie beasts "connoisseurs" through the 70's until the 'punks' briefly detroyed the beast in 79) acid fantasy, it's all "Rainbow Bridge" '70's (yuppie) 'trippy', crass, 'airbrush art' with tits pish.

Pali Gap
06-06-14, 10:33 AM
Betty Davis (Mabry) wrote Steppin' in her I Miller Shoes as a remembrance to Devon, it's the only real documented comment available about her passing I believe:-

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=UlDZcIpBYuoC&pg=PA421&lpg=PA421&dq=david+henderson+steppin+in+her+i+miller+shoes+l yrics&source=bl&ots=EWxSY-QALq&sig=mA9ipvLop-n1tnwF7rJ8eCPVAXY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=NM-RU86cGqa00QWFxYDADQ&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=david%20henderson%20steppin%20in%20her%20i%20mil ler%20shoes%20lyrics&f=true

J.Lucas
07-15-14, 12:32 AM
"Steppin' In Her I. Miller Shoes", tells the story of a talented
young woman who comes to the 'jungle' with big dreams,
only to end up a tragic victim of the entertainment industry.
The up-tempo song features hard rock guitars and backing
vocals by The Pointer Sisters. In a 2007 interview Davis revealed
that the song was based on the life of Devon Wilson, a one-time
girlfriend of Jimi Hendrix with whom Davis had been close friends.
Wilson is also the subject of "Angel" by Hendrix.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Davis_(album)
----
Steppin in her I Miller shoes(studio)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5HM5fmpMbU
(from some of the lyrics)
STEPPIN' HIGH IN HER I MILLER SHOES,
SHE COULDA BEEN ANYTHING THAT SHE WANTED, TRULY FINE......
FROM HER HEAD DOWN TO HER TOES, INSTEAD SHE BECAME NOTHING'......
SHE WAS A BLACK DIAMOND QUEEN,
THE ( ? ) WROTE SONGS ABOUT HER,
SHE CAME TO THE JUNGLE FROM MILWAUKEE,
STEPPING IN HER I MILLER SHOES'...............
----
I MILLER refers to a high class kind of platform shoes that were
popular on the street around the early 70s
----
I Miller shoes ad(drawing by Andy Warhol)
http://www.thehistorialist.com/2011/10/steppin-in-her-i-miller-shoes-lost.html

----
On Betty Davis

While jazz fans cite the low-flying blast of Miles Davis’ horn riding down Electric Avenue in the 1970′s as a pivotal period in Black music, few folks are really down with the man’s greatest inspiration on the road to fusion. However, when scenester Betty Mabry swooped down on him in a silent way while shaking her bitches brew in 1966, she lit a fire under the king of cool. Marrying dude two years later, during their time together Betty introduced him to her homeboys Jimi Hendrix and Sly Stone as well as a whole other world of funk and fashion. Yet, while she had been both model and muse to the brilliant trumpeter, it wasn’t until after their divorce in 1969 that the newly named Betty Davis was able to step outside of Miles’ musical shadow and do her own thing.

Beginning her career as a songwriter, she wrote Uptown for the Chambers Brothers and later penned some funky songs that the Commodores recorded for the demo that got them signed to Motown Records. Yet, when Berry Gordy told Davis she’d have to sell her publishing as well, she took the songs back and decided to record them herself. Coming out at a time when everyone except Tina Turner was still wearing supper club approved sequined dresses, Betty Davis opted to be as raunchy as she wanted to be. Beginning with her self-titled 1973 joint featuring bassist Larry Graham, drummer Greg Errico (both veterans of Sly & the Family Stone), as well as background singers the Pointer Sisters and Sylvester, this chick was raw like sushi. As Betty wailed aggressively on If I’m in Luck I Might Get Picked Up and Game is my Middle Name, this North Carolina native was aurally opening doors for the future of fem-funk. Everyone from LaBelle to Chaka Khan, Joi to Santigold owes her a little credit. The following year, in 1974, her sophomore disc They Say I’m Different included the rousing title track as well the gutbucket anthem He Was a Big Freak. In 1975, Davis released the equally impressive Nasty Gal album, but after her last album, recorded for Island Records, was shelved in 1979, Davis walked away from the spotlight.
----
J.L. - 'fem-funk'....lol....I never heard that term before :)