hawkfan369
01-13-08, 09:36 AM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/hawkfan369/130-1-back-1.jpg

Jimi Hendrix

The Forum 1970 - Stereo

(ATM 130-131 / 2000 / 2CDR)

Los Angeles Forum, Los Angeles, CA

Saturday 1970-4-25

[Complete Show - Stereo Effect Recording; 1st & 2nd Source synchronized]; 49:51 / 36:00)
1st Source: Aud; from DAT of the Rubber Dubber vinyl bootleg / 2nd Source: Aud; Master

notes:
- 1st Source lifted from ATM 050-051 "LA Forum '70 - The Original Rubber Dubber Bootleg"
- 2nd Source lifted from ATM 048-049 "LA Forum '70"
- Different Stereo mix than available on the Collector's Disc "Merge Vol.3"

Disc 1

01. Intro
02. Spanish Castle Magic
03. Foxy Lady
04. Lover Man
05. Getting My Heart Back Together
06. Message To Love
07. Ezy Ryder
08. Machine Gun

Disc 2

01. Room Full Of Mirrors
02. Hey Baby
03. Villanova Junction / Drum Solo
04. Freedom
05. Star Spangled Banner
06. Purple Haze
07. Voodoo Child (slight return)

Pass it on.

Preserve Quality.

hawkfan369

paul56
01-13-08, 10:30 AM
Nice one hawkfan369 ~ thanks !

doobie1
01-14-08, 05:41 PM
Thanks a lot hawkfan369 :cool: great post :)

MourningStar
01-14-08, 08:04 PM
I was at this show w/some high school buddies. I can remember all hell breaking loose when the lights went out. Got a cassette of this packed away for ages somewhere. Anyways ...

THNX!!!!!
THNX!!!!!
THNX!!!!!

The Earth Blues
04-01-08, 05:11 PM
Could anyone please seed this? It's not downloading for me.

Thanks...Peace.

hawkfan369
04-01-08, 05:28 PM
seeding..

:beer:

BluesFan
04-01-08, 08:05 PM
Thanks for seeding this again hawkfan369. It's very much appreciated.

The Earth Blues
04-01-08, 09:08 PM
Thank you so much man, it's currently downloading.

Peace.

Steev
04-01-08, 09:28 PM
I got the original vinyl in 1971 (the right channel recording of this version) and while I was never happy with the drums, THIS particular concert (NOW) in STEREO is one of the best I've heard! WAY TO GO HAWK ! ! ! ! This is really good! I cannot hear the L/R trax separate "anywhere" & I fell asleep to it last night with a HUGE (bittersweet) smile on my face.
I've never heard it like this! GOOD JOB Engineers! And
:thayou219bl:

Hanglow
04-04-08, 02:14 PM
Thank you to all the seeders hanging in there

lafaro
04-06-08, 04:20 PM
this is by far one of my favorite hendrix shows love room full of mirrors and all the other stuff that follows

misonic
04-07-08, 03:10 AM
been searching for this

thanx mate

tallboy333
09-02-08, 09:47 PM
Super sounding mix, can't believe how good this show sounds now. One of Jimi's best and a good intro for anyone wanting to know more about the legend of Jimi live!

Mucho thanks Hawkfan!

cosmic
09-03-08, 11:51 AM
I'll help you seed, man, awesome concert indeed!

Trotzkee
04-23-09, 03:42 AM
Thank you for this upgrade

63strat
04-24-09, 02:39 AM
Glory be and many many thousands of thank you's for this. I've asked earlier about the whoopy Kat version of this on different trackers and sites and got nowhere. I had that version years ago and it got stolen. Anyone know the source of that version? Anyway this is an unbelievable and tremendous replacement. The Whoopy Kat version had the winter festival for peace tracks on it as well as some others I can't remember off hand right now. Saw the rubber dubber version in shrinkwrap many years ago at a record show here in Tn. with a nice big fat price on it. Wish I coulda bought it. Was really cool to see it in such pristine condition.Is there many sources for this show? Or a soundboard?

BURTCOBAIN
04-24-09, 03:56 AM
Glory be and many many thousands of thank you's for this. I've asked earlier about the whoopy Kat version of this on different trackers and sites and got nowhere. I had that version years ago and it got stolen. Anyone know the source of that version? Anyway this is an unbelievable and tremendous replacement. The Whoopy Kat version had the winter festival for peace tracks on it as well as some others I can't remember off hand right now. Saw the rubber dubber version in shrinkwrap many years ago at a record show here in Tn. with a nice big fat price on it. Wish I coulda bought it. Was really cool to see it in such pristine condition.Is there many sources for this show? Or a soundboard?

a soundboard ov this show ?? now theres a thought . .however, so far as i can gather there are only 2 audience tapes in existance from this concert. we can live in hope for now, but as any collector knows . .somewhere on this planet right now in some dusty old box in some long lost attic there will be further tapes and recordings that as yet have not been discovered . .Hey Baby from this gig is probably my fave version . .Jimi's guitar phrasing is unique and beautiful . .a late thanks for this superb offering . .could it be any better . .i doubt it xx

purple jim
04-24-09, 06:15 AM
I have this merge - it's superb.

AOXOMOXOA
04-27-09, 02:27 PM
thank you

kcox5342
04-27-09, 03:43 PM
so far as i can gather there are only 2 audience tapes in existance from this concert.x

There WERE two sources for a long time but now there's two more, although the Rubber Dubber is still supreme and the merge is probably your best listening experience. But here's source four:

http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=183&

MusicJunky
04-27-09, 09:19 PM
Beautiful job on this! Thanks very much.

BURTCOBAIN
04-28-09, 09:28 AM
There WERE two sources for a long time but now there's two more, although the Rubber Dubber is still supreme and the merge is probably your best listening experience. But here's source four:

http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=183&

thank you for the nod re; further sources ov this important gig . .and i agree . .the latest 'merge' will take some beating . .

jms8250
05-19-09, 07:42 PM
can someome(s) please seed this for me?

jms8250
05-21-09, 03:07 PM
I have this torrent cued in BitTorrent but there are no seeders. WOuld someone please seed this for me? I have been wanting to hear this performance for so long!

If anyone would be interested in any of the following, these area all I have so far. I just started collecting....
Jimi Hendrix - The Jimi Hendrix Concerts [FLAC]
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced (1967) [FLAC] (Remastered 1997)
Jimi Hendrix - New Rising Sun, Gypsy Boy & Hey Babe (Land of the new rising sun)
Jimi Hendrix - Sothebys Auction Tapes
Jimi Hendrix- In The Studio Collectors Limited Edition [FLAC][Rock][2006][Visit pctrecords]
Nine to the Universe - Reprise Vinyl HS 2299 FLAC

Everything is FLAC even if not in the title. I have others including the complete Studio69 but they are on mp3. No more MP3s for me now that I have recently heard the difference. I have almost everything released on CD of course.

Please seed this show for me. If necassary I will be happy to produce torrents for and seed anything else I have.

Peace

jms8250
05-24-09, 06:55 AM
Thanks to the unknown seeder but I only got 40%! PLEASE give me a chance to get the rest! I'm on a fast megabit pipeline so it shouldn't be to long if I'm unlimited.

FYI: Currently I have been listening to the 10 CD Jimi Hendrix in the Studio. What a great collection this is. Pulled from many sources including the Southerby tapes and Mitch Mitches collection these are some really nice high quality tracks preserved as FLAC. Not much new material but man its so refreshing to hear good solid studio cuts in a fresh order. Some of the material, although not new regading source, was still new to my ears. Nice running order and great artwork. Notes were hard to track down but I finally did. Valleys of Neptunes is a GREAT epic song. Kinda like 1993... meets All ALlong the WAtchTower I recently claimed that about 90% of the relevent material to his last album was finished however this trach is still in demo form. So far I have only listened to the 69 demo on disc 1 of In the Studio. Man what a lovely song. I'm so hung up and sad over the last album not getting properly finished by Jimi, It was going to be so great. When I listen to Miles Davis's Tribute to Jack Johnson I hear exaclty the kind of ideas Jimi was working on but in a much more grand way [Jimis ideas]-THink of injecting the soul and sounds of Have You Ever Been TO ELectric LAdyLand into Miles's Bitches Brew or JAck Johnson. God I wish Jimi would have seen it through. SOme things are destiny but I think it was a cosmic mistake Hendrix's last album was unfinished. Look at the sad state of music today and the poor image of Jimi in the MEdia (which is just now being corrected somewhat)...

Anyway, sorry to ramble of a rainly sunday morning. I'm gonna go play guitar now. BUT PLEASE keep seeeding the LA 1970 through todat at least! I'l continue to post my finds as I gaher them and eventualy maybe I'll hit on something you guys would like me to share.

jms8250
www.peerlesstone.com

Andy Taylor
05-24-09, 02:43 PM
Very cool. Thank you. This has some of Jimi's greatest live moments. Room Full Of Mirrors through Villanova Junction Blues is just one such awesome 15 minute "moment".

bop9
05-25-09, 09:23 PM
big thanks...
:-)

jms8250
05-26-09, 08:29 AM
Can someone please seed this? 2 peers and no seeders. Thanks!

johanincr
05-26-09, 09:07 AM
Can someone please seed this? 2 peers and no seeders. Thanks!

I'm not sure if you now how to work with torrents, you keep asking for a seed while there are seeders.
There are 13 seeders right now, and no downloaders.
You are NOT showing up as a peer, not as a inactive downloader, actually not at all.

If you dont understand how things work people will help you, but with the input you give i dont know how to help you. Again, there ARE 13 seeders right now.

[edit: try another torrent client if it still doesnt work:homer1:]

vahurka
05-26-09, 06:47 PM
Thanks hawk! I don't know if I have this particular version but for sure it's safer to grab it. :D

bop9
05-26-09, 10:55 PM
always the best material comes from hawk. thank you...
:-)

jms8250
05-27-09, 01:34 AM
I'm not sure if you now how to work with torrents, you keep asking for a seed while there are seeders.
There are 13 seeders right now, and no downloaders.
You are NOT showing up as a peer, not as a inactive downloader, actually not at all.

If you don't understand how things work people will help you, but with the input you give i don't know how to help you. Again, there ARE 13 seeders right now.

[edit: try another torrent client if it still doesnt work:homer1:]

Thanks for the response. I am using Bit Torrent 6.1.2. I would say about 2/3 of my attempted torrent downloads do not have seeders. Otherwise it works.

Thanks for filling me in.

When I view the "TRACKERS" for this torrent it says '..crosstowntorrents.org... "status timed out". If I view the TRACKERS info for a torrent that is downloading properly it will saw "working" Also under TRACKERS are DHT, Peer Discovery, and Peer Exchange"; These are "working: for the LA FORUM torrent. For the torrents that are downloading with no problems it sometimes says "working", others say "not allowed"

Is the "Status:timed out" for Crosstown torrents my problem? How do I configure Bit Torrent to resolve this?

I tried muTorrent and got the same results. No link could be established to crosstown torrents and torrents that worked in BitTorrent worked in muTorrent. Seems like I am having a problem connecting with some servers and not others.

ANY IDEAS??

Thanks for any help.

[If we need to move this post to another thread then by all means, just let me know which thread or topic area so I can follow it]

Sorry for being a newb

metal_head6704
06-12-09, 12:46 PM
Thanx !!!!

pgl33433
06-14-09, 07:30 AM
Man....Thanks a lot for this.
I have the double LP which has an editted "Ezy Ryder" (shame on them). Also no longer have a record player.
So, I already know how great the music is, now maybe I can hear it, and in upgraded quality.
phil

dekitaper
06-22-09, 02:27 AM
thank u

Gold_And_Rose
07-10-09, 03:14 AM
First off, thank you soo much! This is an amazing concert. Quick question though :

Is there a more complete recording of this Machine Gun somewhere? It sadly cuts off right after the first solo, and it starts getting really interesting too =\.

None the less, thank you again for this! =D

Freedom
12-10-09, 01:37 AM
Help seed please... :000-thanx:

Herman Cherusken
12-10-09, 01:45 AM
Good to go...

Ezy Rider
12-10-09, 02:53 AM
Thanks! I should have this one somewhere but not this stereo version. I am looking forward to hear it.

Freedom
12-10-09, 02:54 AM
Wow, what a service!!! Thanks man!!! :)

Horizon
01-04-10, 02:15 PM
It won't download for me, it needs more seeders. Can anyone help?

Herman Cherusken
01-04-10, 03:31 PM
The tracker is still down, so it will take some time before everything is back in working order, i.e. for you to download...

goose334
02-25-10, 06:00 AM
Thanks a million to the two dudes seeding this, i'll seed forevah.

voodn
04-12-10, 07:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I still have some vinyl version of this around that I got about 30 years ago.

THANKS!

zombywoof57
07-11-10, 08:52 PM
Thanks alot Pat

terrybarber
07-14-10, 03:06 AM
Brilliant! Thanks very, very much!

yorkey
09-06-10, 09:06 AM
Been looking around for this so long, trying to get find where the 1st source is, but it seems that's impossible to get. So thanks for this! I won't tell my dad it's me using up the bandwidth
:bartmoon:

crazy_cat
09-11-10, 11:41 AM
Thanks !!

Herman Cherusken
09-11-10, 11:45 AM
добро пожаловать or Вперед

musicguy
09-15-10, 12:39 AM
Thank you for this and continuing to seed!!

yorkey
10-01-10, 07:52 AM
I'm really trying to download, but the speed stays at about 5kbps. Can anyone help seed? I'll really appreciate, and I'll do my best to seed when I'm finished with it.

arroca
10-01-10, 08:21 AM
I'm giving you all the bandwidth I have here, but nothing much is happening. It'll get there in a few hours. Your ports are silted up perhaps?

yorkey
10-01-10, 08:27 AM
Thanks ! I notice there's now 9 seeds instead of 8 as it was previously. Speed is still the same tho. On uTorrent it says 4 of 7 connected (9 in swarm), how can I connect all of them?

FenderStrat79
10-02-10, 03:00 PM
Thank you very much!!!!

BRUICEP
05-21-11, 05:23 PM
need some help - my download is already over 80%.

thanx - bruce

dalmar6677
10-15-11, 07:55 PM
many thanks

TraverHollow
08-16-14, 12:20 PM
can someone help me here? Doesn't seem to be any peers :(

alien
08-18-14, 12:10 PM
Thanks!My first ever bootleg , on vinyl.
I had to buy it in the States if i remember correct.(I'm in Belgium).
Those were the days...

bdouglas
01-28-16, 11:48 PM
Thanks! I loved this when it came out. It was my first-ever bootleg!