Ezy Ryder
Machine Gun
Freedom
Foxy Lady
Red House
Star Spangled Banner
Purple Haze
Voodoo Child (slight return) Cat's Squirrel

audio: audience recording; 74 minutes, good quality (1-12)

Does Everybody Feel Alright [aka. "St.Paul, MN 03.05.1970 - Improved"] (JPIO 028 / 17.03.2003 / 1CDR)
(Civic Center, St.Paul, MN 03.05.70 [Almost Complete Show] 73:36) Aud; Master or 1st Gen - Digitally Restored * & Speed corrected (- 4,1%)
[* Right Channel discarded, songs EQ'd (some bass added), normalized (5% gain) & In-between-song Chats amplified]
notes:
- This Restored version is not identical to the Digitally Restored version (http://www.crosstowntorrents.org/#st_paul_restored) that was circulated shortly after the tape's discovery and transference to DAT in 1997.
- Refer to UniVibes (http://univibes.com/) issue 27, p.39-26 for a comprehensive review of this tape

http://www.univibes.com/JimiPlaysStPaul.html

paul56
01-13-08, 10:38 AM
Nice one ~ thanks !

I see you now have the very prestigious title of Moderator ~ congratulations !

voodoo_child58
01-13-08, 10:39 AM
Many many thanks

dcwestrie
01-13-08, 01:56 PM
Great. I've got this but more of the JPIO discs would be great. Any Chance "He was a friend of ours"-Remastered and "Rockin Rehearsals" +?

chs1926
01-13-08, 02:15 PM
seeding. This one is running about 2 MiB per sec.

jamminjimi
01-13-08, 03:14 PM
Great :D! Thanks man!

Emilovious
01-14-08, 09:24 AM
Artwork:

Back
http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saintpaulback2xo5.jpg

Front
http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saintpaulfront2ab7.jpg

voodoo_child58
01-14-08, 09:29 AM
Thank you for the artwork :)

paul56
01-14-08, 10:14 AM
Nice artwork ~ thanks

copifunk
01-14-08, 05:45 PM
Thank you very much !

sjhughes666
01-15-08, 02:38 PM
I Thank You!

The-Gypsy
01-16-08, 06:01 AM
Thank you Johan to upload my request, you're very kind and generous.

mjimih
02-13-08, 07:46 PM
i like this show a lot. i also come from this city. I think Jimi was fresh in his ideas because it was very early in the new tour. And I think he was plenty stoned, so much so it showed. Bc the front cover shows us a rare smile that I believe only comes from a very stoned person. Sure a beer or two must of been inside him too. Ahhh what a great show! I think if I had been old enough to attend, I would have been the happiest person in the world. I was only 9 years and 2 weeks old

jeffhmason
02-18-08, 11:45 AM
Hey Johan, since I was involved in the original "unearthing" of this tape, I was wondering if you had details on when the remaster was done and who did it? Just curious. I may have to grab it to see how it sounds.

Jeff

DenHaagNL
09-27-08, 03:52 PM
:000-thanx: for sharing this with the World !!

I haven't deleted any of my downloads. I'll always keep them in my list!

So, if anyone needs a seeder for this download, just send me a PM so I can start uploading!
:thayou219bl:

Peace & Happiness
Glenn from the Netherlands

Trotzkee
08-28-09, 02:06 AM
I don't see a download..

Supro_Ozark
02-09-10, 12:36 PM
Thank you for reseed.Nice gig for me.
:000-thanx::000-thanx::000-thanx:

fromnabulax
02-09-10, 02:53 PM
Any show with Machine Gun AND Hear My Train is a must! Thank you!

murray451
02-09-10, 03:24 PM
Thanks - don't have this one....,

Fenders Fingers
02-09-10, 03:59 PM
Hey Johan, since I was involved in the original "unearthing" of this tape, I was wondering if you had details on when the remaster was done and who did it? Just curious. I may have to grab it to see how it sounds.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, I have a copy of this, got it a short while ago but not yet played it other than a quick skip through it. I also have a very low generation of the cassette you helped unearth, which I thank you for even though it was not you who sent it my way many years ago. Thing is I also have a cassette copy of a cleaned version. Not sure how they all stack up against each other or if this version has any relationship to the cleaned cassette copy. If you get a copy of this version maybe you can help with a answer or two.:)

johanincr
02-09-10, 04:04 PM
This is the version MJimiH made for JPIO, quite some years ago.
Maybe Mark can say something about what was done to it?
I honestly dont know.
There is the other raw transfer on the tracker as well which includes the LZ portion.

voodoostrat
02-09-10, 04:21 PM
Thanks to all involved for your great efforts.

voodoostrat

ocdverified
02-15-10, 11:45 PM
thank you

jeffhmason
02-16-10, 02:48 PM
Hey Jeff, I have a copy of this, got it a short while ago but not yet played it other than a quick skip through it. I also have a very low generation of the cassette you helped unearth, which I thank you for even though it was not you who sent it my way many years ago. Thing is I also have a cassette copy of a cleaned version. Not sure how they all stack up against each other or if this version has any relationship to the cleaned cassette copy. If you get a copy of this version maybe you can help with a answer or two.:)

First off, you're welcome :)! It was a lot of fun acquiring this tape and while it's been posted here before, I'd encourage anyone to read the article from Univibes about the adventures in acquiring this tape if they are curious:

http://www.univibes.com/JimiPlaysStPaul.html

I have not downloaded this new "remastered" version but even without listening to it, I'd say it'd have to be better than the original "clean" version that circulated. The reason being is that surviving reel to reel was taken to a studio in Pueblo, Colorado for archiving and the studio engineer offered to clean it for us. Knowing that the tape had it's rough moments, most of us jumped on the opportunity to get a dub of the "cleaned" version. Well, since the transfer was made in 1997 (if I recall correctly), suffice it to say the technology is much improved these days for making corrections to tapes. It's been a long time since I've listened to the original "clean" dub, but my recollection is that the work done merely improved certain frequencies (the low end) at the expense of others. Programs now like ProTools or CoolEdit (Adobe Audition) offer much better options for tweaking recordings, so provided the "remaster" was done in the last six years or so and the "engineer" was not too heavy handed, I'm sure it sounds better.

P.S. I'm glad several of the original benefactors (my friend Alan for one and I believe Kees for another) had the good sense to ask for the raw version on DAT, otherwise there wouldn't have been a baseline dub to use as a "remaster" for future tweaking.

mjimih
06-05-10, 04:32 AM

I used a cassette for it. Bought it at the Thunderbird Hotel in Bloomington in the late 90's? I think. Sounded like a pretty low gen tape, and since I'm from Mpls/St Paul, I felt compelled to try to make it a bit more aesthetic if you know what I mean. I dumped the harsher L channel, added a little bass and eq, adjusted the speed to Jimi's voice. Adjusting the eq was a very touchy endeavor. I was concentrating for hours on isolating the guitar and cymbal/snare from this gawd awful distortion. If you listen closely you can tell the distortion is separate from the guitar. It's like they are riding on two horses side by side instead of riding on one horse together. There really isn't an easy way to reduce the screeching from the rest of it. I tried to get it so we can concentrate on the guitar and not the screech that literally rides along side it oh so obnoxiously.

:2004210113919_weeds

mjimih
06-05-10, 04:48 AM
...or CoolEdit (Adobe Audition) offer much better options for tweaking recordings, so provided the "remaster" was done in the last six years or so and the "engineer" was not too heavy handed, I'm sure it sounds better.

:-))) amazing. I used Cool Edit 2000 Lite, and I was conscience of being too heavy handed. That's why it took many hours of tweaking it this way and that way till my brain hurt, before I settled on a compromise of clarity of the mid & highs and taming:docd: of the screeching from hell.
:avatar39032_3:

skinksmith
07-11-10, 11:01 AM
Thank you for the great show. Great stuff.:)

terrybarber
10-14-10, 11:45 AM
Looking forward to hearing this,Thanks.Great covers! Thanks.

jhendrixfanatic
10-14-10, 12:06 PM
Calling in sick to work so I can listen to this! :0)

Thanx for sharing.

mikey64
11-12-10, 05:53 PM
Thanks alot buddy!!!

edunk
01-12-11, 07:50 PM
Thank You

aboslutes
01-14-11, 09:57 PM
Thanx 4 this & the artwork

BobJahBob
06-10-11, 07:38 AM