PDA

View Full Version : Hendrix Live In Scandinavia - 2 Volumes 12 CDs Plus Artwork

RamesesII
06-28-08, 10:10 AM
This is a very nice set released by Voodoo Chile Records which I got from JPIO. It contains most of Jimi's recorded concerts in Sweden and Denmark during 1967-70. Most of them seemed to originate from the jonsattic recordings.

The comments below are from the In From The Storm web site.

As usual a big thank you to JPIO and In From The Storm. :000-thanx:

Enjoy :D

Hendrix Live In Scandinavia Vol.1

(Voodoo Chile Records VC9002 / 2007 / 6CD Box / Ltd.Nr.Edition - /2.000) [Digital copy of original disc] ftbfs: B855

Stora Scenen, Grona Lund, Stockholm 24.05.67
Radiohuset, Stockholm 25.05.67 (Interview by Klas Burling for Swedish Radio "Pop 67 Special")
Stora Scenen, Grona Lund, Stockholm 04.09.67
Dans-In, Grona Lund, Stockholm 04.09.67
Studio 4, Radiohuset, Stockholm 05.09.67 (Interview with Jimi, Noel and Mitch by Klas Burling for Swedish Radio "Pop 67 Special")
"Tonarskvald", Radiohuset, Stockholm 05.09.67
Stora Salen, Akademiska Foreningen, Lund 10.09.67 [1st Show]
Stora Scenen, Grona Lund, Stockholm 11.09.67
Tivolis Konsertsal, Copenhagen 07.01.68 [1st Show]
Radiohuset, Stockholm 08.01.68 (Interview by Leif Andersson for Swedish Radio "Pop 68 Special")
Stora Salen, Konserthuset, Stockholm 08.01.68 [1st Show]) Sbd & Aud

notes:
First part in a 2-part series featuring most of the circulating recordings from Hendrix' visits to Sweden and Denmark 1967-70. The material itself seems to be sourced from Jon's Attic-discs.
There are 9 tracks on disc 3 (Radiohuset, Stockholm 05.09.67), but the cover only lists 7; "Foxy Lady" and "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" aren't mentioned.
The location for the 2nd show featured on disc 4 (Stora Scenen, Grona Lund, Stockholm 11.09.67) isn't mentioned, thereby making it seem like this is a second show from Akademiska Foreningen, Lund, which it of course isn't.

Hendrix Live In Scandinavia Vol.2
(Voodoo Chile Records VC9003 / 2007 / 6CD Box / Ltd.Nr.Edition - /2.000) [Digital copy of original disc] ftbfs: B856

Konserthuset, Stockholm 09.01.69 [1st & 2nd Show]
Falkoner Centeret, Copenhagen 10.01.69 [1st Show Complete, 2nd Show partial]
Stora Scenen, Grona Lund, Stockholm 31.08.70
KB Hallen, Copenhagen 03.09.70) Sbd & Aud

notes:
Second part in a 2-part series featuring most of the circulating recordings from Hendrix' visits to Sweden and Denmark 1967-70. The material itself seems to be sourced from Jon's Attic-discs.
There are 10 tracks on disc 1 (Konserthuset, Stockholm 09.01.69; 1st Show), but the cover only lists 9; Track 10 - the outro - isn't mentioned.

DoctorGero
06-29-08, 01:46 PM
These compilations are not good. I have copies of them too.

Although the soundboard recordings are good, some audience sources seem to be from damaged/decayed cdr's. The Stora Scenen Gröna Lund concert (1970-8-31) seems to be bad mp3's with short pauses between the tracks. The KB Hallen concert (1970-9-3) sounds awful.

But it's free anyway.:cheese:

RamesesII
06-29-08, 02:28 PM
These compilations are not good. I have copies of them too.

Although the soundboard recordings are good, some audience sources seem to be from damaged/decayed cdr's. The Stora Scenen Gröna Lund concert (1970-8-31) seems to be bad mp3's with short pauses between the tracks. The KB Hallen concert (1970-9-3) sounds awful.

But it's free anyway.:cheese:

A quick look at the spectrum and frequency analysis shows that these are definitely ****not**** sourced from mp3s - although your copy may well be. I don't notice any noticable breaks either in the Grona Lund concert.

Some of these are from audience recordings - so what do you expect after all these years - studio quality?

And for your information pal this torrent isn't free for my bandwidth. As this load of junk is the only reponse I've had to this post I won't bother with sharing any more of my collection and I'll go back to leeching. It's easier that way.

orcanaoftime
06-29-08, 04:28 PM
Some of these are from audience recordings - so what do you expect after all these years - studio quality?

They should be studio quality....what's wrong with you? j/k:afro:

And for your information pal this torrent isn't free for my bandwidth. As this load of junk is the only reponse I've had to this post I won't bother with sharing any more of my collection and I'll go back to leeching. It's easier that way.

Thanks for sharing, looks like pure gold to me.

MourningStar
06-29-08, 06:18 PM
As this load of junk is the only reponse I've had to this post I won't bother with sharing any more of my collection and I'll go back to leeching. It's easier that way.
You got 12 'Thank You's' for this and this is your attitude?! Get it together junior.

orcanaoftime
06-29-08, 06:53 PM
You got 12 'Thank You's' for this and this is your attitude?! Get it together junior.

Make that 13.

paul56
06-29-08, 07:31 PM
RamesesII thanks for sharing ~ out of the 200 + shows I have there are probably only 20 that would be considered very good quality and the rest are for us die-hard fans. If you want very good quality buy officially released cd's!

RamesesII
06-30-08, 02:03 AM

Yeah and thanks to you and the good DoctorGero you won't be required to put up with it again. I'm completing the seed for all the good guys around here and that's it.

johanincr
06-30-08, 08:19 AM
Rameses, dont take everything so personal. DoctorGero likely has a differently transferred set and assumed it was 100% the same. A lot of people (as usual, the majority) are very grateful for your upload, but whatever you do where-ever there's always a chance of someone saying something you know is not true, which can be frustrating. I understand that very well. Mind you the good guy/bad guy ratio is quite OK here :-)

The way i see it (which may be different): You upload something because you think it would be enjoyable to others. You dont upload something just to get 20 guys to say 'thanks you're the best'.

PS I cant say anything usefull about this set as i havent got it, have no desire to get it either, so cannot compare with the likely pre-boot sources i do have. I do know there's 17 guys who pressed the 'thank you' button, and 30 downloaders, so there is plenty interest in this.

Steev
06-30-08, 08:46 AM
Allow me to mirror Johan's thoughts completely, as I was just about to reply myself. Do not 4get why you put recordings up in the 1st place. I commented on this last night on another thread as I had just left this one & did not want to get "involved.
Regarding your statement "I'm completing the seed for all the good guys around here and that's it."
Read back "all the good guys around here" a couple times and then realize what you let somebody do to you. . . . .
Frequently, somebody offers a "point of view" to help others decide. Though the point may be wrong. Your 1st answer to him had that "pal" in it which signifies to me you were prepared to fight right there . . .
Why not just let it go? As Johan said you now have 17 Thank you's. Some people are not conversationalists, & most of us don't sit in front of their laptops 24/7 - some do :) Hitting the THANK YOU button is a quick way for some to indicate their appreciation . . And a good indicator for you just how the post is really being received. . . .
As the days went on you would see, and maybe even engage in a meaningful discussion that one of the guys had another version.

So-My only problem with all of this now, is that I woke up & came on and it seems you left 30 leechers hanging that have been DL'ing this for 3 DAYS and the tracker lists 0 Seeders. Did you really pull your seed on these 30 "all the good guys around here" ? ? ? ?
I did not want this personally, but I did take the artwork.
I would STRONGLY appreciate you putting the file back up for these people who grabbed your files immediately. The post is not even a week old & has more action on it than any of mine :)
If not, I would then suggest somebody else re-seed this or ask a mod to have it pulled. There are 30 leechers out here-waiting. Why would you focus on 1 or 2? I would have replied in kind, or simply would have ignored them. Someone would have gotten on in defense of the post. Trust me.
RamasesII - Think about what's going on here. Thanx 4 your time.
Have a great day.
Peace

RamesesII
06-30-08, 08:52 AM
So-My only problem with all of this-NOW. Is I woke up & came on and it seems you left 30 leechers hanging that have been DL'ing this for 3 DAYS and the tracker lists 0 Seeders. Did you really pull your seed on these 30 "all the good guys around here" ? ? ? ?
I did not want this personally, but I did take the artwork.
I would STRONGLY appreciate you putting the file back up for these people who grabbed your files immediately. The post is not even a week old & has more action on it than any of mine :)
If not, I would then suggest somebody else re-seed this or ask a mod to have it pulled. There are 30 leechers out here-waiting. Why would you focus on 1 or 2? I would have replied in kind, or simply would have ignored them. Someone would have gotten on in defense of the post. Trust me.
RamasesII - Think about what's going on here. Thanx 4 your time.
Have a great day.
Peace

At it happens my electricity supply went down so your comments implying that I've deliberately pulled out of seeding are not very helpful given the circumstances.

Steev
06-30-08, 09:03 AM
I'm out dude. Enjoy your life. You're certainly a different kind of person than I am. I simply "ASKED" if that's what happened - seeing 0 Seeders listed and having seen the "battlefield" that went on here last night. End of story. Two of us thought enough of you to say "Hey , let's make up". Two people who didn't even want the post, but just felt bad for you as a friend and came to your aid as a fellow Hendrix guy. Your reply indicates you got the wrong message and I'm sorry you didn't get it and I'm out. Sorry I wasted my time (and yours), as I knew I would if I got involved. Later.
I certainly have better things to do than this . . . .
Again, Have a great day.
Peace

RamesesII
06-30-08, 09:07 AM
Rameses, dont take everything so personal. DoctorGero likely has a differently transferred set and assumed it was 100% the same. A lot of people (as usual, the majority) are very grateful for your upload, but whatever you do where-ever there's always a chance of someone saying something you know is not true, which can be frustrating. I understand that very well. Mind you the good guy/bad guy ratio is quite OK here :-)

The way i see it (which may be different): You upload something because you think it would be enjoyable to others. You dont upload something just to get 20 guys to say 'thanks you're the best'.

PS I cant say anything usefull about this set as i havent got it, have no desire to get it either, so cannot compare with the likely pre-boot sources i do have. I do know there's 17 guys who pressed the 'thank you' button, and 30 downloaders, so there is plenty interest in this.

I appreciate that I over reacted - I've been around the torrents long enough to know that if you sit back and expect a whole bunch of thanks then you're going to be disappointed and most of the guys and gals here are really good. However as the first comment on the thread was a particularly negative one trashing the whole thing then it's not surprising that I got annoyed - anyone would. I'm more than happy to share - I've done that for years. I wasn't looking for a whole bunch of thank you comments - equally I wasn't looking for such a negative one.

Steev
06-30-08, 12:37 PM
'Nuff said.
If I can speeg for Johan (something I rarely do), We were just trying to lend a hand to a valued friend.
I personally have seen you here since I joined & am happy for ALL your efforts.
Remember, It takes all kinds . . . .
Have a great week.
Peace-Steev
:fnd2022:

RamesesII
06-30-08, 01:00 PM
'Nuff said.
If I can speeg for Johan (something I rarely do), We were just trying to lend a hand to a valued friend.
I personally have seen you here since I joined & am happy for ALL your efforts.
Remember, It takes all kinds . . . .
Have a great week.
Peace-Steev
:fnd2022:

And you - I don't often get cross - this time I'm afraid I just saw red and common sense went out of the window. I've listened to some of these concerts today and they sound great to me!!!! Hope everyone else likes them.

God Bless

PS I've got a few torrents already lined up so I might as well post them as they're sitting in my to post folder ;)

sessionsman
06-30-08, 01:07 PM
Some people are not conversationalists, & most of us don't sit in front of their laptops 24/7

Totally agree with this statement...I'm myself very busy with my work and English is not my native language.

I'm 50 years old and collect Hendrix stuff (LPs-CDS-Bootlegs-Collector's discs-8mm Footage-VHS-DVD-Mags-Photos-Books...) since 35 years.

Though I own all the material included into this torrent (as I'm sure a lot of member at CT do)...since years from various pre-boot/low gen sources archived mainly in DAT and CDR format (got main part of my collection in the early 90's from good/nice people of Hey Joe Mailing List...I'm sure some of you guys remember/were a part of Hey Joe ML...Am I wrong?)...anyway I'm one of the 30 people currently dl this torrent..I'm a completist and always interested to get anything new about Jimi (not speaking of new sources here of course).

Then Rameses II thanx for sharing ...and thanx to HP to help you to seed this baby.... :happyboy7hq:

Peace

HB

paul56
06-30-08, 02:05 PM
Thanks for jumping on to help seed hp !!!

neerjoop
06-30-08, 03:57 PM
RamesesII thanks for sharing this with us.

dontejo
07-01-08, 06:09 AM
Thank you very much for this wonderful set.:bananasmile::bananasmile::bananasmile:

twood70
07-01-08, 07:07 AM
Hey, many thanks for this set!!! I was one of the first to hop on to it and greatly appreciated your torrent from the beginning. I punched that little "Thank You" button at that time but meant to come back and drop you a line whenever family and work allowed. Thanks again!

hendrix68
07-28-08, 06:01 AM
thanks, Ramses

hendrix68
08-05-08, 06:00 AM
thanx ramses!!! for the wonderful music and i'm ready to seed

DenHaagNL
09-26-08, 12:29 PM
:000-thanx: for sharing this with the World !!

I haven't deleted any of my downloads. I'll always keep them in my list!

So, if anyone needs a seeder for this download, just send me a PM so I can start uploading!
:thayou219bl:

Peace & Happiness
Glenn from the Netherlands

davidhomes
09-26-08, 06:23 PM
Thank you very much for these!!! Some really nice things here!!!

Emilovious
09-27-08, 01:55 AM
:000-thanx: for sharing this with the World !!

I haven't deleted any of my downloads. I'll always keep them in my list!

So, if anyone needs a seeder for this download, just send me a PM so I can start uploading!
:thayou219bl:

Peace & Happiness
Glenn from the Netherlands

Smart tactic!
I wish more people on this site think (and act) like you!

thunderbaas
10-08-09, 05:47 PM
Though a little late into this discussion,Ramses 2 thanks for the effort of uploading this set & keep 'm comming.Hope someone reseeds this one (DenHaag.nl Maybe???)

All the best
Thunderbaas.

thunderbaas
10-08-09, 05:59 PM
Getting download action,so thanks to whoever is seeding this!!!!!

Thunderbaas

zososhane69
10-10-09, 02:22 PM
Right on thanks. HOPEFULLY this has the 8/68 Sweden set that includes "Up From the Skies". Have only had that in mp3 forever!! Thank you kindly sir.

riketjh
05-09-10, 04:18 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing! I'm new to CTT but was looking for this !

manfree
05-09-10, 07:56 AM
Having read this whole thread, seems to me Ram2 is here for the wrong reasons, you wanna be told what a super guy you are, OR you wanna share Jimi`s music?

bandit
05-09-10, 08:10 AM
juslike to say thanks for the uploaders. peace.

rocknroll
11-03-10, 04:22 AM
I have a copy of the 1967-09-04 Stockholm late show I was gonna upload,
until I realized it sounds exactly the same as the version on here in every way
it seems to be identical except for tracksplits and file names.
so anyways, assuming it's the same, just to give the lineage on that, it says:

"Master audience cassette > Reel > Reel > DAT > Panasonic SV-300 DAT machine >
ProTools d24 system (Mac G3 environment) > CDR > xACT > FLAC"

and it says that it's Disc 3 in a set called "The Swedish Shows".
I don't think I have the rest of "The Swedish Shows" though.
Anyhow, like I said, it sounds completely identical to the version on here.
So I don't really see any reason to upload it. Thanks.

zombywoof57
11-03-10, 08:50 PM
i always thank and almost never complain, thank-you

Blue Flame
03-31-11, 08:24 PM
:)

Makkinen
04-01-11, 08:55 AM
To post a 12 CD set takes some time to do. At least you have to check the files and write info.
To do it right it can take several hours.
If you're extracting the files from original CDs, scanning the covers etc... the work can prolongue
to several days, sometimes weeks.
Try that and then get the first reply which starts with
"These compilations are not good..." and "they are probably mp3 sourced..." and
"they are sourced from bad CDRs with gaps..."
I wonder what would you reply be?

Oh yes, after all the trash thrown at you and your torrent
turn out not to be true - do not expect an apology from anyone.
It's not in their 'style'.

dalmar6677
10-17-11, 04:47 AM
thanks hope I can download it

zombywoof57
10-17-11, 07:55 PM
thank-you, this newbie is trying to catch up

misonic
07-23-16, 04:36 AM
thanx for this.. can someone reseed.. thanx in advance

bobbycas11
10-15-16, 09:17 AM
could anyone please seed this? i'll seed it for a good while if i can get it downloaded. Thanks so much!

KentAndrew
11-05-16, 06:12 AM
Thanks for still seeding...!

janz
11-05-16, 09:59 PM
Thank You!

walterfive
12-13-16, 08:18 AM
These Voodoo Child live box sets are for completists, and now that they're out of print unscrupulous 2nd market sellers are terribly overcharging for them. I bought a number of them several years ago, when most of them were still $25-35 per set, which was about what they were worth... so thank you for sharing this one.

vickster
04-13-18, 05:16 AM
Anybody around to reseed this? Thanks!

RobbieRadio
04-13-18, 09:48 AM
All probably downloaded from CTT