PDA

View Full Version : The Original Vinyl Transfer Series 1st Batch Part One

RamesesII
07-02-08, 01:04 PM
The Original Vinyl Transfer Series - 1st Batch

This is a fantastic 20 volume vine that I received from JPIO and which I am going to post in two parts.

I don't know if there ever was a 2nd batch although I'm sure somebody will enlighten me if there was.

Some of the titles and concerts have been torrented here but they are, as far as I have been able to check, different transfers. The charm of this set is that it have been tranferred straight from vinyl without lots of remastering so it is like listening to the original vinyl and you can still hear the pops and crackles which were such an important feature of listening to an LP or single on a turntable.

You can find a full track listing and a little more information at the following URL
http://seminorvege.com/hendrix/ovt/batch1.html

You can also find comments on this set at In From The Storm.

The first ten titles are as follows:-

01 - Last British Concert - Isle of Wight 30 August 1970
02 - Last American Concert - Maui 30 July 1970
03 - Sky High! - Scene Club, New York City 7 March 1968
04 - Smashing Amps - Royal Albert Hall 24 February 1969
05 - Incident At Rainbow Bridge - Maui 30 July 1970
06 - Live At The Philharmonic Hall - New York City 28 November 1968 1st show 1st source
07 - Unknown Wellknown - May 30 July 1970
08 - Guitar Hero (1967 BBC Sessions - sorry not included in this torrent)
09 - Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? - Jam with Eric Burdon at Ronnie Scott's 17 September 1970
(sorry 1967 BBC Sessions and Baggy tracks removed)
10 - You Can't Use My Name - Various live cuts and outtakes

Sadly I have had to leave out Volume 08 Guitar Hero and truncate Volume 09 Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? and Volume 12 Paris '67 to remove tracks from the 1967 BBC Sessions and the Baggy Rehearsal Sessions as I don't want the torrent to be pulled. Pirates and Demons should be able to eat their fill in a couple of weeks.

Please note that the files are all shn - if you are a bit wary of shn don't be - you can get a plugin to play shn files in Winamp, you can also get a plugin for Monkey's Audio which will convert them to wavs or you can convert them with mwkACT which you can download from http://etree.org/mkw.html

Enjoy. :D

Below is a note from the very kind Jimi fan who transferred these albums. Thank you whoever you are.

First part of a series of Vinyl-to-CD transfers of Classic Hendrix Bootlegs. Transferred from Mint & Excellent condition vinyl albums. All albums normalized, but otherwise left mainly as is - just a few very audible vinyl pops have been removed here and there.

Please note: Vinyl bootlegs were mostly pressed in low cost factories, and the quality of the LPs - although unplayed and untouched by human hands - weren't always the best. Some minor pops and clicks are present on some of these discs, as they were on the LPs when these initially were brand new. If minor clicks make you nervous, you should definitely stay away from this set ...

johanincr
07-02-08, 01:17 PM
Thanks, Nice upload, good info too.

A good one for the vinyl freaks.

RamesesII
07-02-08, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I hope people like it. I love vinyl. I was listening to the Davenport 68 concert from this series - that's coming up on Part Two - and comparing it with the verion already torrented here. On this version you can hear all the crackles which are edited out on the other one. I always think vinyl gives a much warmer feel - digital remasters can sometimes be a bit too clinical. A bit like the difference in a take with everybody in the studio so the take is "live" and a whole bunch of overdubs.

Reissuleipa
07-02-08, 03:06 PM
This contains few concerts I'm interested in. Thanks! :afro:

opib
07-02-08, 03:42 PM
Many Thanks :)

norocker
07-02-08, 05:54 PM
Looks great and I can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the upload.

Emilovious
07-02-08, 08:10 PM
This set was transfered from vinyl by Hans Peter Johnsen.

douchebagsden
07-03-08, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I hope people like it. I love vinyl. I was listening to the Davenport 68 concert from this series - that's coming up on Part Two - and comparing it with the verion already torrented here. On this version you can hear all the crackles which are edited out on the other one. I always think vinyl gives a much warmer feel - digital remasters can sometimes be a bit too clinical. A bit like the difference in a take with everybody in the studio so the take is "live" and a whole bunch of overdubs.

the best way it has been described to me is digital formats leave the recording so clean it becomes sterile. clean but lifeless. analog sound is much warmer and fuller. i don't really like the crackle and pops, something you move further away from the higher the grade of vinyl becomes (180g, 200g, etc...) Analog wav patterns are uniform lines that curve without steps, one solid line. digital wav lines have small steps that you can notice if you scroll in on each section, it's not an actual line but a series of steps. this affects the way it tramsits through the speaker system.

don't even get me started on mp3...

I wish I had the room for this, I might have to make room

RamesesII
07-03-08, 01:50 AM
the best way it has been described to me is digital formats leave the recording so clean it becomes sterile. clean but lifeless. analog sound is much warmer and fuller. i don't really like the crackle and pops, something you move further away from the higher the grade of vinyl becomes (180g, 200g, etc...) Analog wav patterns are uniform lines that curve without steps, one solid line. digital wav lines have small steps that you can notice if you scroll in on each section, it's not an actual line but a series of steps. this affects the way it tramsits through the speaker system.

don't even get me started on mp3...

I wish I had the room for this, I might have to make room

And there's nothing which is as much fun as watching a warped LP waving away on your turntable - you can't do that with CDs - those were the days :banana2:

DoctorGero
07-03-08, 10:54 AM
This makes my mouth water!

Can't wait to hear it!:000-thanx:

Steev
07-03-08, 11:07 AM
RamsesII - Those were the days . . . . *sigh*
As my Forum 4/25/70 & Incident at Rainbow Bridge (Maui) still do :)
:rasta: :rasta:

neerjoop
07-03-08, 02:22 PM
Many thanks for this super upload

heyyo
07-04-08, 10:03 AM
Thanks alot for this torrent it sure is a fun listen!

RamesesII
07-04-08, 11:44 AM
Thank you very much to all the guys and gals who have shown such appreciation of my small number of efforts recently - it does mean an awful lot and it was very kind of you to say thank you for the torrents.

:thayou219bl:

Unfortunately I don't feel able to up any more torrents here. Please look to Piratebay and Demonoid where I will be torrenting the second part of this set. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Olvator
07-04-08, 12:10 PM
Thank you very much to all the guys and gals who have shown such appreciation of my small number of efforts recently - it does mean an awful lot and it was very kind of you to say thank you for the torrents.

:thayou219bl:

Unfortunately I don't feel able to up any more torrents here. Please look to Piratebay and Demonoid where I will be torrenting the second part of this set. Apologies for any inconvenience.

please don`t leave us like that.....the second set would be very much appreciated here I am sure.
is that because of some of the flaming here recently that you donīt want to upload more ?
I would say just ignore them....

Steev
07-04-08, 12:25 PM
I would 2nd that "suggestion" . .
Peace

MourningStar
07-04-08, 12:51 PM
... is that because of some of the flaming here recently that you donīt want to upload more ?
What flaming????!!!

Oh, if you are referring to the few and far between adolescent 'bickering' going on around here .... ignore it! (this is kid-stuff compared to other forums where flaming is an art) Patience and laid-back cool are in order. With all the great Jimi being shared, it's not worth it to get involved.

Carry on ...
__________________________________________________ ___________
- Marcos
**** "Watch Out For Your Ears!" ****
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/NP69.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/M.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/XiKano/NP69.gif

cosmic
07-04-08, 02:35 PM
this set is pure GOLD and I hope you will upload the second set, i've got some of these on vinyl but they isn't playable longer, wonder way....

have a nice evening as my time in sweden is 21,30 the temp outside is 24 degrees Celcius and a cool beer is waiting for me

RamesesII
07-04-08, 04:18 PM
please don`t leave us like that.....the second set would be very much appreciated here I am sure.
is that because of some of the flaming here recently that you donīt want to upload more ?
I would say just ignore them....

Hi Olvatore - Yes it is. I won't be uploading any more torrents here. For all you guys who would like the full set I have uploaded the whole thing to Demonoid. You can complete part one and download part two from there.

God Bless

opib
07-04-08, 04:31 PM
That one really hurts.

User Registrations are closed.

RamesesII
07-04-08, 04:35 PM
That one really hurts.

Look in your email box - you'll find a big surprise shortly.

johanincr
07-04-08, 05:01 PM
dont worry opib, 'someone' with a demonoid account can also upload it here after getting it from where Rameses is uploading it, thats also the nature of the internet.
I could suggest someone but i wont :-)

MourningStar
07-04-08, 06:50 PM
dont worry opib, 'someone' with a demonoid account can also upload it here after getting it from where ...
opib, I'll volunteer to grab it and bring it here (I have an account with over a 10:1 ratio). If someone can post the link, I'll go after it.

cool9
07-04-08, 08:37 PM
Not familiar with vinyl transfer. Is the vinyl signal sent directly to the PC where it is recorded as wav? Thanks.

MourningStar
07-05-08, 02:32 AM
opib, I'll volunteer to grab it and bring it here (I have an account with over a 10:1 ratio). If someone can post the link, I'll go after it.Noticed a 'hawkfan369' helping seed this over at demonoid so ...

opib
07-05-08, 12:25 PM
Hey folks,
many thanks for all the head ups! :)

Rameses helped me out with demonoid.
I'll help seeding when it comes around here, but won't start a seed myself.
I really don't have the time to research whats seedable here and what not.
One of the few OVTs i have already got me into a little trouble a few years back somewhere else :)

Steev
07-05-08, 03:04 PM
I have a Demon acct (way high ratio too) & started working on Vol II as soon as I saw RII's "friendly" notice . . . .
If nobody has Upped it by time I'm finished, I'll be glad to put it up. I didn't even need these . . . .
If anybody sees material there that's a no-no here, post the info? Thanx -
Peace & ILLUMINATION for all the non see'ers
Steev

BTW - If you DO have a Demon acct, Here's the URL
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1538281/4023604/
Here ya go MS. Didn't notice your request 4 this B4. A simple copy/paste :D
I'm halfway thru already, but feel free to "Jump Own Itt" :)

It's just the Nature of internet sharing R-II.
Peace

Fergyuk
07-06-08, 03:03 AM
Thanks for this I still have some of these on vinyl (not pristine,played to death).
great post.
Fergy
:000-thanx:

Steev
07-07-08, 08:03 PM
I'm DL'ing Volume 2 from Demon, as promised.
As RII promised the process is excruciatingly slow . . . .
I am currently at 2.20 Gigs & the tracker lists anywhere from 12 hrs to 13 DAYS till completion :( So . . .
A. Is anybody closer? If not, don't worry. I'll put this up 4 U guys as soon as it's over.
B. PLEASE, knowledgeable Hendrix Heads :) Will you check this link and let me know if anything on volume 2 will be banned here. This is taking a lot of valuable time for me & I have MUCH mixed thoughts about this entire OVT "episode" I'll call it . . . . However, you all helped me out when I needed & this is a way to give back . . . . (I didn't even want this). Sorry 4 the 'tude. I stayed largely out of this & find I am still holding back things I'd like to say-but never will. What's been put down already has been distasteful enough to me . . . Sorry :(
On a much groovier note-
PS: My Denver Stereo Merge is about half done & I'm more convinced than EVER it is just about the finest Hendrix concert I have ever heard. On sooo many levels. I hope I'm doing it justice (I am) and I'll explain more on the post when I put it up. You've never heard "live" like this . . .
Guys, It's just stunning ! ! ! :)

Anyway-Here-Someone please check this for No-No's? THANX.
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1538281/4023604/

Peace - ALWAYS

johanincr
07-07-08, 09:15 PM
OVT 12&18 have been released by Dagger and on Stages respectively. Those 2 probably shouldnt be brought here.

MourningStar
07-07-08, 11:24 PM
The set at Demonoid contains both sets in a single download. Completists will probably grab it from there. I know I would. However, and correct me if I'm wrong, but are not may of these shows already out there individually? And with this in mind, and the time limitations of vinyl, don't these individual torrents contain more (if not complete) material?

Steev
07-08-08, 05:19 AM
MS - Reeeel good point. Which I didn't give much thought to, as I have my mind on plenty of other things lately . . .
I was just trying to halt the, you know, the "thing" last week, in my own way.
One point I would make is, don't you need an invitation at this point at Demon? Not sure how hard they are to get.
(Thanx to the G-Man for mine) ;) Ganoosh. I could abandon this in a minute, but I've come this far already . . . .
If 1 or 2 of U are waiting 4 this, feel free to chime in so I feel I'm not wasting my time. I mean the laptop just sits there, but I've got better uses for it if there's no interest. But more than happy to offer it if anybody needs.
Thanx MS-Good point. Now excuse me while I shoot myself . . . :D :(

PS: Not that I don't think the set has no value (Not that at all). I just have most of it in other versions. 91 degrees 2day in Philly . . . . .
Peace :nutkick6xi:

MourningStar
07-08-08, 02:42 PM
One point I would make is, don't you need an invitation at this point at Demon? Not sure how hard they are to get.
I registered w/o an invite. However, I did notice that registration is currently closed and I do not know why.

As for this vinyl set, and if it were me and I wanted it (I don't) - I would prefer the complete set from demonoid as opposed to a busted-up set from here. But, Steev, don't let that stop you, that's just me. There's sure to be people here that will grab it.

Emilovious
07-09-08, 12:04 AM
"...let me know if anything on volume 2 will be banned here...."

I don't know but here are the tracks that have been officially released:

OVT 012: Released on Dagger Records

OVT 013:
- JS 21 aka Buddy Miles Jam (Morning Symphony Ideas, Dagger)
- It's Too Bad (The JHE Box Set, MCA)
- Message From 9 to the Universe (Nine to the Universe, Polydor)

OVT 014:
- Angel, Look Over Yonder aka Mr. Bad Luck (Live and Unreleased, Castle Communications)
- Cherokee Mist (The JHE Box Set, MCA)
- JS 21 aka Buddy Miles Jam (Morning Symphony Ideas, Dagger)
- Earth Blues (Live at the Fillmore East, MCA)

OVT 015:
- Drone Blues, Jimi/Jimmy Jam, Young/Hendrix Jam (Nine to the Universe, Polydor)
- It's too Bad (The JHE Box Set, MCA)

OVT 016:
- Catfish Blues (Jimi in Denmark, Univibes)

OVT 017:
Stockholm, September 5th - complete side A (complete on Stages, Reprise and two songs on The JHE Box Set, MCA)

OVT 018:
Complete LP (Stages, Reprise)

OVT 019:
- Izabella, Machine Gun (Dick Cavet Show, MCA DVD)
- Purple Haze, Hey Joe, Sunshine of Your Love, Hear My Train A Comin' (BBC Sessions, MCA)
- I Don't Live Today, The Wind Cries Mary, Fire, Burning of the Midnight Lamp
(Stages and The JHE Box Set)

OVT 020
- I Don't Live Today (Live and Unreleased - bonus disc: Live at the Forum '69, Castle Communications)
- The Wind Cries Mary (Experience, DVD MCA)

Steev
07-09-08, 09:45 PM
E. Nice of you to chime in (Finally . . . . . . .) :D Where ths fuck ya been? Gone to the mountain for answers ? . . . .
Tried PM'ing u weeks ago, but you don't get PM's. Oh yeah, you would already know that - wouldn't you? . . . . . ;)
Anyway, you were missed. Now, on to OVT VOL II business . . .
Had I known all this edit bullsh*t was involved, I would never have touched this. My DL just finished from Demon (minus 12 & 18) but I'll be damned if I'm going thru this with a fine tooth comb, removing all the trax u mentioned. I should have just stayed far far away from this one. Obviously, your notes are accurate E, as always.
Johan, Pat . . . . Bill? ? ? Can this be put up as is, minus 12 & 18? I just do not have time, or will to pick this apart
(Thanx tons RII . . .)
I'd love to offer it now that it's sitting here. Any suggestions ? ? ? Like, "No problem Steev. Put it up . . ." :D Like I am soo Shurr.
E. Don't stay away so long next time. In other words-Welcome back? PM me if u get a sec. Anybody else, I'll be on for about an hour.
If nobody gets back 2nite, I'll C U all 2morrow. Thanx mods-However the decision swings :beer:
Peace
PS: In a last ditch attempt to get this out, could the whole thing (unedited) be included in a DVD Vine? I'm not making 10 CD's for anybody . .
Just thought I'd ask.
Thanx - me

Steev
07-10-08, 11:10 AM
Mods . . . .
I'm going out of town 2morrow morn (Fri) until Sun night. Wife's Bday & my anniversary.
Here's my "offer" :D
I will be able to get a response to this "request" until tonite (8 hrs from now) at which time, if I have not rcd one, I am going to post OVT Volume II MINUS vols 12 & 18 before I leave. If the material E noted above is ok, all is in order. If the material he noted gets banned, you guys will of course have to pull the post & when I get home sun night I will weep like a baby and attempt to butcher this even further & repost . . . . . . .
One way or another I am going to erase everything from my already shot memory this weekend except for my family,
fine dining & breathing until I get home Sunday night :D
Have a FABULOUS weekend everybody! :beer:
Peace-ALWAYS (and some golf)
:wave-finger:

fillmore
10-14-08, 05:07 AM
Thanks to the uploader for sharing and aritus & LE-20 for seeding!!

zombywoof57
05-27-11, 11:19 PM
i need a seed or 40 please, but thanks for the opportunity and the share!

Herman Cherusken
05-27-11, 11:25 PM
I wish I could help you out, but I have nothing hooked up right now. Unless anyone else steps in, I will see what I can do...

Doccus
10-27-11, 09:42 PM
Hey this is pretty kool.. even though some of these albums are *atrocious* ( I know as i have quite a few in lo-bit Mp3).. they still are part of history.. and i'd never get rid of em except to upgrade to flac.. which i get to do, now ..
As i said.. pretty kool..
Thanx a bunchanifix!

jfjfjf
12-18-11, 12:37 PM
Again late, I send my thanks to RamesesII.
Through you I got to know the OVT serie. I took all the files and I plugged the holes looking for here and there. I also thank those who made ​​useful comments.

Danman123
04-07-13, 12:21 AM
thanks!

Purplefunkster
06-08-13, 01:57 AM
Another beauty, thanks so much