PDA

View Full Version : Morbid question...(Sorry if It offends anyone)

copifunk
07-29-08, 09:52 AM
I have read many times about Mitch and Noel and Buddy Miles all kinda losing it when they went to Jimi's funeral and had to walk past the open casket.
I am not really fond of viewing dead people but, I have seen Death photo's of Bruce Lee...Elvis...Marvin Gaye..James Brown..+ many others..
I was just curious if anyone has ever heard about any photo's of Jimi taken after he passed away ?

johanincr
07-29-08, 10:44 AM
i've never heard of photos of that existing, but they might.

voodoo_child58
07-29-08, 11:27 AM
I'm also curious... Even if I know that if I'll see it probably after I would be very sad.

johanincr
07-29-08, 11:57 AM
it seems unlikely to me that photos exist of the open casket, there's a more-or-less (i wasnt there) informative passage on this page:

http://www.bigmagic.com/pages/blackj/column13a.htm

(much more to read about the funeral from someone who was there at that link)

[...]
In the pews were rock stars Johnny Winter, John Hammond Jr. There were also Mitch Mitchell and Noel Redding, both of whom had played with Jimi in the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Drummer Buddy Miles, who also had played with Jimi, collapsed at the coffin when it was opened for the invited guests to pay their last respects. Inside the coffin, Jimi looked waxen and unreal...[...]

MourningStar
07-29-08, 01:40 PM
If there were photos, I'm not interested. I've been to many open casket rituals (one of the curses of getting old). The contents always appear exactly the same, empty shells.

dino77
07-29-08, 02:19 PM
If there were photos, I'm not interested. I've been to many open casket rituals (one of the curses of getting old). The contents always appear exactly the same, empty shells.

' "Sheet! I didn't even go to my mother's funeral."'
Gotta love Miles.
That he went to Jimi's funeral shows how much he liked Jimi's music.

RamesesII
07-29-08, 04:13 PM

Same here. Coming from an Irish family a lot is made of congregating around the open coffin, saying rosaries etc. The soul has departed - the body is only a shell. They never look the same as they did in life.

cool9
07-29-08, 08:11 PM
I've seen some death photos of some celebrities (Jayne Mansfield, Manson murders - which I do not recommend) on the net but not Hendrix.
I don't know what the atmosphere was like at the funeral because afterwards Mitch/Noel held a jam w/Johnny Winter and some others.
I read Al Hendrix' book and he was extremely crushed. He said the last time Jimi left Seattle he boarded the plane's staircase, stopped and walked back down and went up to his Dad and they stared at each other then he headed back to the plane. Al Hendrix said Jimi did that 3x. The book was very, very good.

copifunk
07-31-08, 03:09 PM
Thank you for the replies guys...
Jimi is really like family to me.. So its just a little question thats always lurking in the back of my mind...
Thanks.

Emilovious
08-03-08, 01:15 AM
Don't forget that it has been established how Monica lied about circumstances surrounding Jimi's death and he probably died in the early morning of the September 18th (possibly even before 6 AM) so he was "old corps" even when they found him and brought to hospital. Funeral was held on October 1st, 13 days later. Quite a long period even for the refrigerated body to be preserved in prefect condition. I doubt anyone but close family was allowed to see him. Also don't think it was "an open casket" for everyone to see him - it was probably opened just for a minute or two after the ceremony so the closest family may say last goodbyes and I doubt anyone wanted to take a photo at that moment.
However, I may be wrong.

cool9
08-18-08, 10:07 PM
Who established that Monika Danneman lied? It's not rare for coroner photos to leak/appear to the public years after a death.

douchebagsden
08-18-08, 10:34 PM
some things are better to leave alone, this being one of them. I'd say live life, don't follow death...

MourningStar
08-18-08, 11:20 PM
... I do understand the curiosity though.Oh .... it's more than just curiosity my friend. It's a form of 'illness' (and I will leave it at that).

cool9
08-19-08, 09:24 PM
I've seen the autopsy photos (or supposed photos) of JFK which were released by the govn't. then published by several investigative journalists. As far as I know I haven't killed anyone, I haven't turned into a zombie and I don't suck the blood from mortals after dark. And if someone hasn't informed you by now: goblins, ghosts and zombies don't exist. You may as well throw angels in there, as well.

stplsd
01-21-09, 07:08 PM
Who established that Monika Danneman lied? It's not rare for coroner photos to leak/appear to the public years after a death.

WELL, THAT WOULD BE EVERYONE INVOLVED, AMBULANCE, POLICE, DOCTORS, ERIC BURDON (WHO HAS NEVER SPOKEN CLEARLY ABOUT HIS INVOLVEMENT SURROUNDING JIMI'S DEATH [OR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT JIMI]), INCLUDING MONIKA HERSELF WHO REPORTEDLY CHANGED HER STATEMENTS SEVERAL TIMES.

WHO THE F**K WOULD ALLOW SOMEBODY TO TAKE PHOTOS OF SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE ARE DEAD? THAT WOULD BE TRULY DEGRADING AND F***ED UP IN THE EXTREME. UNLESS IT WAS A CRIME SCENE?

ilovejimi
01-21-09, 07:20 PM
Pictures of the dead are taken all the time, media, medical examiners, etc. check out the site ROTTEN.com-- warning, its distrubing (underbelly of the internet).