3. Red House
4. Foxy Lady
5. Fire
6. Hey Joe
7. Sunshine of your Love
8. I Don't Live Today
9. Little Wing
10.SSB>Purple Haze

This is Jimi's performance 9-14-68 Hollywood Bowl. This comes direct from the Rattlesnake CD bootleg RS 023.
This is a good quality audience recording. I've also included scans of the artwork. The back states this is from 9-14-67 but obviously that is not the case. Enjoy!

Armel
08-17-08, 01:58 PM
Thanks a lot

paul56
08-17-08, 02:14 PM
There is also a version upped by Hawkfan, not sure how it compares:

(Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA 14.09.68 [Complete Show]; 71:39)
Aud; 3rd Gen - Digitally Restored & Pitch corrected
notes:- Upgrade of ATM 037 "Hollywood Bowl"

Emilovious
08-17-08, 06:08 PM
May I ask how did you extract the files (no info about lineage in the text file)?
Since you're a young member, sorry, but needed to ask.
Welcome to the site.

tallboy333
08-18-08, 03:48 PM
Hey Emil--here's the lineage: Original silver CD copied via Nero v7.2 to CDR>wav conversion via Cakewalk PyroPlus v1.1.203, then to flac with FLAC Frontend v1.7.1. Thanks for the kind greetings and seeds.

Emilovious
08-18-08, 03:59 PM
Hey Emil--here's the lineage: Original silver CD copied via Nero v7.2 to CDR>wav conversion via Cakewalk PyroPlus v1.1.203, then to flac with FLAC Frontend v1.7.1. Thanks for the kind greetings and seeds.

Thanks for the reply, however
extracting private audio CDRs is not permitted here.
Extracting with Nero or Cakewalk PyroPlus is not reliable.
Please, install this program:
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
and do your future ripping with that program
and only of original factory pressed CDs and not digital clones.
You and the site will benefit.
Thanks.

tallboy333
08-18-08, 05:53 PM
OK Emil-downloaded and installed EAC. I'll be using that for future rips. Thanks for the advice. :wtf:

tallboy333
08-18-08, 06:06 PM
A little curious though--if a seed gets dropped what is the correct way to reseed it, especially if it was never released on silver disc? Is it permissible to copy the original FLAC files to CDR and then reseed or must the original files still be on the hard drive? Does a new vinyl or tape transfer operate under different protocols or are we only talking about bootleg CD releases?
Just learning the ropes here, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Emilovious
08-19-08, 06:48 AM
You can store your lossless files on data CDR/DVDRs, of course.
Burned audio CDRs are never without errors (even if they sound flawless).
And that's why ripping them isn't allowed on any respectable torrent site, not just here.
Only factory pressed silver CDs are allowed for ripping.

Always burn your data files with MD5 or similar checksum files so you can always verify the integrity of the stored files before you share them. Even the best quality media sometimes gets corrupted due to various reasons like temperature variations, humidity, dust, scratches etc... depending on how they have been stored.

Also download "Trader's Little Helper" program here:
http://tlh.easytree.org/

It contains everything you need to endoce/decode all popular lossless audio codecs, create MD5s, correct SBEs etc...

Considering vinyl and tape transfers, they are, of course, allowed (even very welcomed), but you need to provide as much info as you can about lineage and of course, label the torrent as being a vinyl or tape transfer.

I also advise you to read the rules and FAQ so you'll know exactly what's expected from you on this site.

Welcome to the site (one more time)!

JimiWouldBeAshamedOfYou
08-23-08, 06:43 PM
but obviously that is not the case.

no, you dont know. What the thing is is that Jesus Christ IS Almighty God manifest in the flesh, and He saves by His grace. Jesus Christ is Greater than all, by His grace. and Jesus Christ makes me all that in Him , by His grace. Jesus Christ IS Almighty God manifest in the flesh, and He saves by His grace.

cosmic
08-24-08, 03:08 AM
????????????????

RamesesII
08-24-08, 03:09 AM
but obviously that is not the case.

no, you dont know. What the thing is is that Jesus Christ IS Almighty God manifest in the flesh, and He saves by His grace. Jesus Christ is Greater than all, by His grace. and Jesus Christ makes me all that in Him , by His grace. Jesus Christ IS Almighty God manifest in the flesh, and He saves by His grace.

Oh very good. It would be an idea if you spread ***your*** word on a site which doesn't have its own resident theologian. "The Son of Man came eating and drinking" and if Jimi had been around at the time he'd most probably have listened to Jimi as well. The message that guys like you never seem to understand is that Our Lord lived in the real world amongst real people - not in the fantasy world created by the likes of you.

People enjoying listening to the music of Jimi, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley, Beethoven, Mozart etc etc is not a sin of any description. On the other hand the likes of you trolling around sites such as this spreading brimstone and fire just to feed your own ego is. Pray to the Lord brother (the real Lord that is not your own invention) and He will enlighten you.

ldb2
08-24-08, 04:17 AM
You can store your lossless files on data CDR/DVDRs, of course.
Burned audio CDRs are never without errors (even if they sound flawless).
And that's why ripping them isn't allowed on any respectable torrent site, not just here.
Only factory pressed silver CDs are allowed for ripping.

i would amend this somewhat, although i agree with the spirit of what you're saying (which is to avoid digital errors).
- it's certainly possible to write perfect cd-r copies, without any index errors. this is verifiable by re-ripping and byte-comparing the result to the original. in reality what you say is nearly true, though; most cd-r copies have index problems, although the situation is better than it was a few years ago. but proper writing software will not produce index errors if the source files are pristine (and of correct length).
- we shouldn't think of factory-stamped discs as a guarantee of purity. i have many factory-pressed bootlegs that also have sector boundary errors. these are recent ones (released within the last 5 or so years). the problem is that many factory bootleg discs now use cd-rs as their source material, thus index errors on the source get propagated.
- it's especially unfortunate to advocate factory bootlegs for jimi material, since 99% of them contain material that is inferior to what's available to traders.

in practice, every recording should be carefully checked before seeding it. i just wish more people did that :-(
-doug bell

Emilovious
08-24-08, 05:59 AM
i would amend this somewhat, although i agree with the spirit of what you're saying (which is to avoid digital errors).
- it's certainly possible to write perfect cd-r copies, without any index errors. this is verifiable by re-ripping and byte-comparing the result to the original. in reality what you say is nearly true, though; most cd-r copies have index problems, although the situation is better than it was a few years ago. but proper writing software will not produce index errors if the source files are pristine (and of correct length).
- we shouldn't think of factory-stamped discs as a guarantee of purity. i have many factory-pressed bootlegs that also have sector boundary errors. these are recent ones (released within the last 5 or so years). the problem is that many factory bootleg discs now use cd-rs as their source material, thus index errors on the source get propagated.
- it's especially unfortunate to advocate factory bootlegs for jimi material, since 99% of them contain material that is inferior to what's available to traders.

in practice, every recording should be carefully checked before seeding it. i just wish more people did that :-(
-doug bell

I'm not an expert in this matter, but my experience tells me that private audio CDrs as a source should generally be avoided.
Of course, all of the files we share have CDRs in the lineage anyway, but
those who put them in general circulation usually check them before sending them around (however, I did receive a few audio CDRs supposedly directly transferred from low generation tapes that were full of errors anyway - lol).
In any case, I agree with you absolutely.
I still daily find errors on Flac, SHN, APE files doing the rounds too. So, I guess, my message was just an effort to reduce the burning flame with one drop of watter anyway....

Considering factory pressed boots. I also can't say anything but to agree with you. It's amazing what kind of people these bootleggers are. They use collector's discs for they releases and aren't capable to hear what they're producing at least once from start to finish. Expecting them to be able to correct sector boundary errors or some loud clicks would obviously be too much.

ldb2
08-24-08, 01:50 PM
I'm not an expert in this matter, but my experience tells me that private audio CDrs as a source should generally be avoided.
Of course, all of the files we share have CDRs in the lineage anyway, but
those who put them in general circulation usually check them before sending them around (however, I did receive a few audio CDRs supposedly directly transferred from low generation tapes that were full of errors anyway - lol).

It's amazing what kind of people these bootleggers are. They use collector's discs for they releases and aren't capable to hear what they're producing at least once from start to finish. Expecting them to be able to correct sector boundary errors or some loud clicks would obviously be too much.

hahaha, yes, that would be way too much to expect from bootleggers. they have no morals, and no standards either.

i didn't intend to weaken your warning about cd-rs and index clicks: everyone should be aware of the perils. but i thought it was worth pointing out that this isn't a necessary evil of audio cd-rs, but rather one that can be avoided by doing things correctly.

one other point about audio cd-r material is that some considerable fraction of new material comes to us that way. some of the most highly placed collectors supply material only as audio, and often there are clicks. apparently fairchild doesn't do flac :-) so for most mainstream collectors, the "original source" can be flawed from the start, but it's the only source we have. see my comment under the Regis College torrent, that is one example where the index clicks were there from the start (although an unflawed version is now available).

the ATM series was intended to be the gold standard of quality, which it still is, more than most other discs. but even for those, the early numbers were circulated only as audio. and even for later ones, of course there's no way to prevent audio generations from entering as they get passed around.
but there are click-free versions of all of those. if you ever get an ATM with index clicks, ask around for a clean version.

i know all this (digital clicks) is a tired old subject to most people, but considering it's still a major problem, it's worth keeping it in people's minds.
-doug

Emilovious
08-24-08, 04:00 PM
Thank you Doug.
I'll surely keep it in my mind,
I hope most of our members (at least those who upload)
will also read your post.

tallboy333
08-26-08, 04:17 PM
Ya gotta admit, it's pretty great we can even be having this debate today. I remember the days when I was swapping cassettes through the back of Goldmine magazine. There was very little documentation as far as sources and generations. Sometimes I would wait for weeks (months!) for a show. When it finally arrived I was always a little scared to put it on, I'd be afraid it would sound terrible or that the tape deck would eat it! I always used to make a backup the first time I played it, just in case. Now it's as easy as a push of a button to share the obsession, and the documentation is excellent and getting better all the time. All I can say, is keep on sharing--you know the man would have wanted it this way.

DenHaagNL
09-27-08, 04:28 PM
:000-thanx: for sharing this with the World !!

I haven't deleted any of my downloads. I'll always keep them in my list!

So, if anyone needs a seeder for this download, just send me a PM so I can start uploading!
:thayou219bl:

Peace & Happiness
Glenn from the Netherlands

Trotzkee
09-05-09, 02:50 PM
:bartmoon:

Zelgadis
09-05-09, 09:38 PM
Looking forward to hearing it. Thanks for this!

voodoo
09-01-10, 02:44 PM
Thanks. Jimi's hollywood bowl concert is amazing. The intensity of voodoo child and purple haze makes this concert a good one.

propylaen2001
10-23-10, 11:58 AM
Hi folks,

It has recently come to my attention that the last 15 minutes of the Soft Machine's opening set to this show have been recorded. However, I have not been able to get hold of this recording so far. My guess is that it's quite likely to come from the same source as the Hendrix show. Therefore I'd like to ask here if anybody knows anything about this? Any advice will be very welcome.
Many thanks in advance.
Joerg

manfree
10-23-10, 01:02 PM
I`d be interested in any info too, the only Softs I got from that tour is Davenport 11 Aug. disco1<why are="" we="" sleepin`=""></why>

voodoo
10-27-10, 09:26 PM
Thanks again. I was foolish enough to put it in the recycle bin and thus the files wouldn't play in itunes so now I'm downloading it again.