PDA

View Full Version : Winterland 3-II-68 (TG Merge-pitch corrected) + Paris '67 (audience tape) - Flac+Art

Emilovious
08-24-08, 06:25 AM
The Jimi Hendrix Experience

"Winterland Arena, February '68 - TG. Stereo Effect Mix / Musicorama, l'Olympia, Paris, October '67"

Winterland Arena
San Francisco, CA
February 3rd 1968
1st & 2nd show
- Stereo effect mix by Thomas Geneser
1st, 2nd & 3rd sources synchronized
Audience recordings - low generation
Pitch corrected by Doug Bell
(tracks 01-13)

Olympia Theatre
Paris, France
October 9th, 1967
- Audience recording (low generation ?)
Complete tape (pitch corrected ?)
From the French radio broadcast.
(tracks 14-16)

Artwork included.

Track list:
Winterland Arena '68:
1st Show
01. Intro
02. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
03. Fire
04. Hey Joe
05. Foxy Lady
06. The Wind Cries Mary
07. Killing Floor
08. Little Wing
09. Purple Haze

2nd Show
10. Intro
11. Rock Me Baby
12. Red House
13. Foxy Lady

Olympia '67:
14. Hey Joe
15. The Wind Cries Mary
16. Purple Haze

August 2008.

Many thanks to TOMC for providing the files.

Emilovious
08-24-08, 06:26 AM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8891/back2yl6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By emilovius (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/emilovius)

Emilovious
08-24-08, 06:27 AM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8650/frontinnerfront2vs3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By emilovius (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/emilovius)

Emilovious
08-24-08, 07:05 AM
As requested...

Armel
08-24-08, 07:09 AM
Hi emil..I am currently trying to see how to proceed to upload (did not find a specific topic "rules"..does it exist?)
Actually, there's something here I don't understand clearly..I read this morning in a previous topic that tracks msut be checked one by one to be sure they have not been officialy released..in this post, 2 of the 3 tracks of Paris's show are released by dagger in "Paris 1967/San Francisco 1968"..is it allowed because it is not the same source? or did I misunderstand?
I got some others questions about lineage..i will ask in forums
Thanks one more for your welcoming and kindness
Armel

Emilovious
08-24-08, 07:36 AM
Hi emil..I am currently trying to see how to proceed to upload (did not find a specific topic "rules"..does it exist?)
Actually, there's something here I don't understand clearly..I read this morning in a previous topic that tracks msut be checked one by one to be sure they have not been officialy released..in this post, 2 of the 3 tracks of Paris's show are released by dagger in "Paris 1967/San Francisco 1968"..is it allowed because it is not the same source? or did I misunderstand?
I got some others questions about lineage..i will ask in forums
Thanks one more for your welcoming and kindness
Armel

Well, for how to upload, go here:

http://crosstowntorrents.org/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_uploading

and for all other questions follow other links that are at the bottom of the page I gave you the link for.

Considering official tracks. We do avoid sharing them.
Considering the above tracks, yes, 2 were officially released but as soundboard recordings and these are audience recordings (very bad one in fact) and represent very small part of the above torrent.
So, the best thing to do is to ask moderators before you upload something.
That way you will not make any mistakes since the specific list of allowed or forbidden torrents doesn't exist.

Olvator
08-24-08, 08:35 AM
[quote=
Considering the above tracks, yes, 2 were officially released but as soundboard recordings and these are audience recordings (very bad one in fact) and represent very small part of the above torrent.
quote]

Audience? i would assume this is rather the original (poor) radio broadcast from 67. I have never heard of an audience tape in existance from this show?

Reissuleipa
08-24-08, 08:48 AM
Seems that I don't have that Winterland concert so thank you again Em.

Emilovious
08-24-08, 08:49 AM
[quote=
quote]

Audience? i would assume this is rather the original (poor) radio broadcast from 67. I have never heard of an audience tape in existance from this show?

Now you've heard.
This is from the radio broadcast, but not the one you assumed it is from...
Yes, audience recording from the French radio broadcast.

Emilovious
08-24-08, 08:54 AM
One more thing about Paris tracks. I copied the info from Hans-Peter's site but considering pitch correction - there's no doubt. These tracks were not pitch corrected (last three tracks)..

Armel
08-24-08, 09:00 AM
Well, for how to upload, go here:

http://crosstowntorrents.org/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_uploading

and for all other questions follow other links that are at the bottom of the page I gave you the link for.

So, the best thing to do is to ask moderators before you upload something.
That way you will not make any mistakes since the specific list of allowed or forbidden torrents doesn't exist.

Ok Emil..in case I have a doubt I will ask. Thx

Emilovious
08-24-08, 09:19 AM
Guys I changed the artwork a bit because I didn't like the mess I made with titles (front and back covers contained two different tiles).
So I've uploaded edited versions (above two posts).
If you still prefer the old ones, don't worry, they are part of the torrent.
(if you want to have the above two, please save them from this page because they are not included in the torrent).

RamesesII
08-24-08, 09:21 AM
Thanks Emil. Nice post. http://s347.photobucket.com/albums/p477/RamesesII/th_Green_wizard.gif

jamminjimi
08-24-08, 12:10 PM
Thanks a million for this, Emil! I was so busy requesting the compsite of these winterland shows that I overlooked this great post, lol. Thank you so very much!!

dino77
08-24-08, 01:43 PM
Looks tasty, thanks.
I guess the tracker is down again though?

cosmic
08-24-08, 01:54 PM
Thanks for this one!

Emilovious
08-24-08, 04:05 PM
Thanks a million for this, Emil! I was so busy requesting the compsite of these winterland shows that I overlooked this great post, lol. Thank you so very much!!

I'll upload the clean version of Winterland composite (ATM 184) when I come back (September 1st).

testamora
08-25-08, 11:22 AM
THANK YOU FOR THIS:homer1:

dino77
08-26-08, 03:06 PM
Hmm, I'm a bit confused here.
Why it this missing the last two tracks
from the 2nd show (Like a rolling stone, Purple haze)?

Emilovious
08-27-08, 08:59 AM
Hmm, I'm a bit confused here.
Why it this missing the last two tracks
from the 2nd show (Like a rolling stone, Purple haze)?

The guy who made the merge obviously have not include them.
Still confused?

dino77
08-27-08, 09:34 AM
The guy who made the merge obviously have not include them.
Still confused?

Nope, I'll tell you why, friendly Emil.
The explanation is of course that there is only one source for the last three tracks. Still wish they had been included for completeness' sake, though.

RamesesII
08-27-08, 09:52 AM
The explanation is of course that there is only one source for the last three tracks. Still wish they had been included for completeness' sake, though.

It should be pretty simple to do a quick edit and add them on. I like CDWav to edit out any silences - it's very easy to use although there are loads of other programs.

Emilovious
08-27-08, 10:20 AM

I know that there's only one source for these tracks
(you obviously knew too)
but that's not necessary the reason why they haven't been included.
However, if you know the reason, why did you ask then?

There's plenty of collector's discs that have these tracks included.
This is the discs that presents Doug Bell's speed corrected version of TG Merge and three (VERY) rare tracks from paris '67. So why ask such questions as " why that hasn't been included" etc..).
Why DINO didn't ask about the rest of the Paris concert (for the completeness sake)?
One of those questions for the question's sake....

dino77
08-27-08, 02:30 PM
One of those questions for the question's sake....

I always answer those myself ;).
There are lots of compilations
in the Hendrix annuals that doesn't make sense.

Emilovious
08-29-08, 04:58 AM
I always answer those myself ;).
There are lots of compilations
in the Hendrix annuals that doesn't make sense.

You're right about that. However, this compilation is not one of them.
It's the one with a very clear purpose and precisely
targeted audience (Hendrix collectors).
TG Merge (already in circulation for years) was speed corrected.
The remaining (free) space was used to introduce three rare tracks
(also exclusively for collectors).

stoneroses78
09-02-08, 08:02 AM
Hi! My first post here.
Is there any possibility that one can find the "Hey Joe" of san fran 3rd feb gig in better quality? I thought it was insanely good!
Would be very grateful for help. (cant stop listening to it...)

Olvator
09-02-08, 08:51 AM
hey emil and the rest....
just back from my holidays, and I think I will grab this. checked my files, and only have ATM 184 (the composite) so this Winterland merge might indeed be interesting. Still not sure though, Emil, what you meant with "audience from the radio broadcast". You mean it is a speaker recording of the original AM broadcast, right? So in the end that was sourced from the radio soundboard recording. I was just confused when I saw it labelled pure audience, because that might imply that it was recorded either from the audience with a handheld, or that the french radio had used an "audience recording" of their own for the broadcast, which I doubt. I will download and compare to the AM broadcast I already have. thanks again, great torrent!

Olvator
09-02-08, 09:27 AM
ok, compared them. the Paris tracks included in this torrent are indeed from the speaker recording as on European Scrapbook (Collector's Disc (JPIO-II 038-039) / 21.09.2003 / 2CDR), but seem to be a different source or lineage (or might have been worked with soundwise, though that might also have occured to the Scrapbook version. Actually there is another version available on the Collectors Disc "Afterbeat" from 2002 which is more complete and has the french spoken intros as well as seeming to be from a line dub. Then again while it is less hissy than this version (which really has a lot of high range noise) the Afterbeat version appears a bit muffled when directly compared to this. But it is definitely a cleaner copy. I can post it, but I am not sure whether it might be banned as it is rather close to being officially released-hmmmm

Emilovious
09-02-08, 11:49 AM
ok, compared them. the Paris tracks included in this torrent are indeed from the speaker recording as on European Scrapbook (Collector's Disc (JPIO-II 038-039) / 21.09.2003 / 2CDR), but seem to be a different source or lineage (or might have been worked with soundwise, though that might also have occured to the Scrapbook version. Actually there is another version available on the Collectors Disc "Afterbeat" from 2002 which is more complete and has the french spoken intros as well as seeming to be from a line dub. Then again while it is less hissy than this version (which really has a lot of high range noise) the Afterbeat version appears a bit muffled when directly compared to this. But it is definitely a cleaner copy. I can post it, but I am not sure whether it might be banned as it is rather close to being officially released-hmmmm

Actually, I thought this is an audience recording broadcast on the French FM radio and poorly recorded from there (it doesn't sound like a poorly recorded soundboard from a bad-radio-transmission recording) so that's where the confusion came from. I didn't get this set from the author so this was my interpretation of H-P's site info.
However, I'd really like the author of this set (DB?) to clarify this dilemma (if there is any) for us if possible.
Thanks Olve and welcome back (I also just arrived after 10 days of half-absence).

Olvator
09-03-08, 02:32 AM
Actually, I thought this is an audience recording broadcast on the French FM radio and poorly recorded from there (it doesn't sound like a poorly recorded soundboard from a bad-radio-transmission recording) so that's where the confusion came from. I didn't get this set from the author so this was my interpretation of H-P's site info.
However, I'd really like the author of this set (DB?) to clarify this dilemma (if there is any) for us if possible.
Thanks Olve and welcome back (I also just arrived after 10 days of half-absence).

hehe, ten days of half absence....:-) so you could not stand it and had to go to the internet cafe to take a look right? this time I managed to not get back here during my holiday at all. and it was hard sometimes, but also very relaxing. well, we are hendrix junkies, thatīs for sure.
I believe the Musicorama was actually soundboard sourced. I have never heard of ORTF or any other french broadcast to have been audience sourced. The 66 broadcast was sdb, the 68 was sdb, and the October 67 was sdb too, I mean those radio reels are the source for the Oct 67 release, so it would be strange if french radio would not have used them. As I say, you get that it is a soundboard if you listen to the Afterbeat version. I will post it later today. I guess, if the BOG upgrade was ok to be posted here, the AM broadcast we have will be ok too.
I believe the tracks contained in this torrent as well as on European Scrapbook are indeed just the very bad reel dubs of those braodcast, as they have been circulating on cassette for a long time, and also included in plug you ears as "original AM broadcast". but of course a significant upgrade to the cassette copies. Check out my AFterbeat post later, you will see what I mean (or you have that disc already?).
best, olve PS: where have you been for holidays?

and as I think about you, I just remember the best band I ever heard from Croatia (????) Leb i Sol. Good jazz rock

Emilovious
09-03-08, 05:09 AM
Hi Olve.
I do have European Scrapbook and Afterbeat sets - somewhere.
Will check you post anyway, for sure.
I was on the Croatian island of Brac on my sister's wedding. Also visited some other places including Split and Makarska, a small town where my daughter participated in the musical seminar. Couldn't stay away for so long again (this Summer I was away for 20 days before) so did visited Internet caffes three or four times.
Considering "Leb i Sol" - oh what a wonderful band - I wish they were Croatian (your "???" are correct) - "unfortunately" they are from Macedonia (Skopje). Vlatko Stefanovski is probably among two or three best guitar players of all times from this part of the world (ex-Yugoslavia).

Olvator
09-03-08, 06:34 AM
Hi Olve.
Considering "Leb i Sol" - oh what a wonderful band - I wish they were Croatian (your "???" are correct) - "unfortunately" they are from Macedonia (Skopje). Vlatko Stefanovski is probably among two or three best guitar players of all times from this part of the world (ex-Yugoslavia).

Eastern Europe has many really great bands (or maybe HAD). I lived in Czech Rep in an artist commune for half a year and checked out a lot of great stuff. Dunaj from Czech Rep,or Fermata (kind of a Slovakian Mahavisnu), Leb i Sol, and and and.....

neerjoop
11-01-08, 09:05 AM
Thanks Emil, so far I didn't had Hey Joe from the Paris concert, because on The Wild Man Of Pop Plays Vol. 2 is not the whole concert, thanks also for the artwork.

Jimi_Uchihaeyez
09-05-09, 12:04 PM
Thank you for this, The Feb. Winterland shows were always a mystery, being I had only heard Like a Rolling Stone from the show. Thank you to the Seeders and The Original Uploader. :)

firstrays
12-28-09, 02:29 AM
How did I miss this great set?
Thank you to the seeders still hanging in there.

Lots of luck & love to all the CTT people for the New Year,
Mick

jamesbender
01-30-15, 11:15 PM
Can someone help to re-seed this one? Thanks!

monochrome57
01-31-15, 04:42 AM
Thanks for seeding

bobbycas11
12-16-16, 08:48 AM
could anyone seed please? i'll keep it seeded. thanks