PDA

View Full Version : Eyewitness: The Illustrated Jimi Hendrix Concerts 1966-1967

MourningStar
09-10-08, 11:41 AM
shit......eyewitness 66-67 pre production copies are sold out......why did I wait so long. Come on everybody, he says if we are more people still requesting copies, he might consider a second printing....letīs get it started
I'm in! Email your request at :

Eyewitness: The Illustrated Jimi Hendrix Concerts 1966-1967 (http://www.benvalkhoff.nl)

(Anyone outside of 'delivery' zone, let me know and I could help as relay. you'll need PayPal)

Emilovious
09-10-08, 12:54 PM
As I already wrote in the thread
http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=279
I wouldn't advise anyone to buy pre-production copy of this book.
Many photos are printed in low quality with errors.
Wait until the 1st edition comes to the bookstores (I thought they already are).

Emilovious
09-10-08, 12:56 PM
Considering "out of delivery zone" PayPal also discriminates and is available only in about 50 countries (mostly Western).

Olvator
09-10-08, 01:17 PM
As I already wrote in the thread
http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=279
I wouldn't advise anyone to buy pre-production copy of this book.
Many photos are printed in low quality with errors.
Wait until the 1st edition comes to the bookstores (I thought they already are).

Ben himself actually doubts that it will ever be officially released. Thatīs what he wrote to me months ago already. He said now that he still needs about 40 requests to go to second printing...

MourningStar
09-10-08, 01:29 PM
Considering "out of delivery zone" PayPal also discriminates and is available only in about 50 countries (mostly Western).No problemo - cash will work too - ;)

People - as to 'pre-production' issues, one can always email Ben and request to be notified when 'production' units will become available, but all of you already knew that I'm sure! - :rolleyes: - (as for me and a few others I know, we don't care if a pre-production is all that is ever issued - we still want it)

Emilovious
09-10-08, 08:25 PM
Ben himself actually doubts that it will ever be officially released. Thatīs what he wrote to me months ago already. He said now that he still needs about 40 requests to go to second printing...

Didn't know that. Several months ago I saw the
advert for the book on EH website so I thought
the printing of the book is a done deal.
In any case, the book as it is is very worth having
(I myself ordered the pre-print version immediately).
If he's doing the 2nd "pre-print"
he will hopefully correct the mistakes from the first one.

MourningStar
09-10-08, 11:19 PM
... If he's doing the 2nd "pre-print" he will hopefully correct the mistakes from the first one.If not, no matter, I'll take one warts & all - :banana2:

MourningStar
09-11-08, 12:11 PM
Just recieved a response e-mail from Ben. Here's the communication we had :

Subject: Re: Eyewitness 66-67 -
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:46:37 +0200
To: Marcos

Thnx for the reply. I heard this edition may not go into production unless you get a certain number of requests. I have a suggestion that may help. On amazon.com, when a certain item is not yet available/released they have a "pre-order" button. If you plan to distribute this via 'Experience Hendrix' (like your other 2 volumes) I recommend a similar 'pre-order' button on their site. It's a good chance people visit the EH site/store more often than your web page. Anyways, I hope you get enough requests to start up that production line. I've been spreading the word on various forums I frequent.

Hi Marcos,

The book will not be distributed through Experience Hendrix, unless they are willing to publish the book themselves, which I doubt.

I will make a second printing available as soon as I have about 40 orders.

Cheers,

Ben.

I'm not clear as to if this will go to another publisher for production. It 'sounds' to me as though this 2nd printing (if it happens) will just be another pre-production run. - bummer (i'm still on-board)

crazymike
09-12-08, 07:33 AM
Yeah I'll have one if he'll ship to UK.
Sounds excellent !!!!

MourningStar
09-12-08, 03:57 PM
Yeah I'll have one if he'll ship to UK.
Sounds excellent !!!!Cool! Got to his website (use link in 1st post) and send e-mail request. Tell your Hendrix friends!