PDA

View Full Version : Burning Of The Midnight Lamp Mixing Session - updated art

idiootti
09-13-08, 03:04 PM
Here's updated art for the Burning Of The Midnight Lamp Mixing Session -torrent. John McDermott shed some light into the origins of this tape in Jimpress issue 84 so that's the info used for this version of the cover.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o447/gettingsotired/botmbook.jpg
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o447/gettingsotired/botmback.jpg

Emilovious
09-13-08, 03:29 PM
Thanks a lot.
So, it's not a Huston Studios '67 but Mayfair Recording Studio '67 mixing session.
But the stuff has been recorded in Huston, hasn't it?
Only mixing session was held in Mayfair.
Have I understood that correctly?

idiootti
09-13-08, 03:39 PM
No, McDermott says it was recorded and mixed at Mayfair so that's the best info that we have at the moment. The assumption that it was from Houston studios came from the sellers claim that he got it from Hendrix in Los Angeles at Paramount studios, the tape box doesn't seem to have any dates or location at least the auction listing makes no mention of any.

Btw, has anyone ever actually found any documentation whatsoever about Houston Studios in Los Angeles? I know it has been mentioned by Chas and has then been repeated in several books but I tried to find info on the studio itself and all I can find is the supposed JHE recording session, no other band seems to ever have recorded there?

Emilovious
09-13-08, 04:25 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------

Emilovious
09-13-08, 04:26 PM
Hehe, interesting, so Houston Studios seem to have disappeared - lol!
Maybe they've changed the name, or were never officially called like that.

MourningStar
09-13-08, 11:54 PM
It is correct that there are several documents (Johnny Black's book comes immediately to mind) that attest to JHE recording STPwLSD at Houston Studios in Los Angeles on 1967.06.28 and Chas commenting on such (I think H-P's site also mentions BOTML sessions). As I have lived most of my life in this area, the entire Los Angeles landscape has changed considerably since 1967 and anyone who has not been there since would find it most foreign. However, it is a mystery because the studio and the Hendrix's association has always been documented in various places with no information other than this surfacing.

Emilovious
09-14-08, 04:22 PM
Niko, any chance you might post the artworks in a little bigger format
(front 2400x1200 and back 1500x1170 at least, instead of 1023x512 and 1024x790)?
Thanks a lot anyway.

idiootti
09-15-08, 03:18 AM
^%$##@#$%
I didn't notice that photobucket by default resizes images. You can make a choice for a better option ie up to 1mb but that's not enough. Unsurprisingly hosting larger files is a paid feature. That's it for me & photobucket.

Please everyone delete the covers, I'll get correct 300dpi versions here some other way.

idiootti
09-15-08, 03:25 AM
Here's a little torrent for the bigger proper original actual 300dpi covers.